• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDanger

Banned
Wait, people are saying the map is small???? W.T.F.

I don't know what those guys are smoking, it's not only huge, it is probably really detailed as well. Much better than an extremely huge map like Just Cause 2 where a lot of it is just copy/paste with no real life in it.

Gaz_RB

5 days...

ppp7TzL.gif

Man some people need to get a grip lol.

Can't wait for this, one more week. What is the GAF over / under on this for copies sold? 20million, 25...30?

I know, some people say "empty wilderness", I rather think about the amazing sniping spots to pick people off driving through in GTA Online.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
i doubt any part of that map is "empty" im sure they went through it with a fine comb and looked at every section and made sure there was always something there not just emptiness

Gaz_RB

How can it not count?

You never do that thing where when you're looking forward to something, you try to illogically shrink the time you have to wait? I mean I'll be standing in line at 10, so I guess I kinda feel like it releases on Monday.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
You never do that thing where when you're looking forward to something, you try to illogically shrink the time you have to wait? I mean I'll be standing in line at 10, so I guess I kinda feel like it releases on Monday.

No, I have never released incorrect information :)

with sleep aids im sure you could ive done 18 hours before pretty sure if you wanted it hard enough you could

Wow, the most I have ever slept naturally was like 12 hours I think 18 and over sounds crazy.

I don't know what those guys are smoking, it's not only huge, it is probably really detailed as well. Much better than an extremely huge map like Just Cause 2 where a lot of it is just copy/paste with no real life in it.

Yeah Rockstar have talked about how the world is meticulously designed, every bit of landscape and every tree placed rather than randomly generated, and no copy paste areas. It shows. Every GTA world feels much more alive and real than almost all of the competition.

Andrew.

Banned

I do that shit all the time. Like, today doesnt even count as a full day to wait because its already today, and since I technically get the game Monday at midnight before the actual Tuesday daytime day starts, then that means I only really have 4 days left since Im getting the game Monday and Monday doesnt count as a day to wait.

I hope Best Buy fucks up and tells me it's available early. I went ahead and pre-ordered it online since my work is right next to one for in-store pickup. The shittiest part is they have done a "pending transaction" every week for $79.99 on Monday and it's there until Wednesday since I pre-ordered it back on 7/10. Doesn't affect me financially, but what a stupid way to do things. What if I ordered a system, would they be putting a hold on $500 of my funds every Monday for two days? Never pre-ordering anything from BB again. Ever.

/rant

I am starting to relax in the hype now. Just letting it flow. I need to anticipate things like this more often as it slows down time. At my age it seems it's going by faster and faster so this is a good change of pace.

That's so wild to me! It looks like I'll be spending most of time trekking through the hills, and biking about in bliss.

Same. I feel compelled to get on every cliff either by car or on foot.

Yes, and "omgz empty wilderness!" Lol
This is the best part. The exploration! I walked across RDR, walked across Skyrim, through Liberty City. The best thing about open world games is just going off in a random direction, seeing what's out there, and experiencing whatever random stuff happens along the way.

And now that there is wildlife and more random events...

Definitely going to trek around the perimeter and then do a journey from the bottom of the map to the top

funo

with sleep aids im sure you could ive done 18 hours before pretty sure if you wanted it hard enough you could

OT: I actually had to read this 20 times and google "sleep aids" because I didn't want to believe that "sleep AIDS" (as in HIV+) was an actual illness which forces you to sleep all day :/

BTT: Berlin is also full of those huge ads that span over complete buildings - seen at least 5 of those throughout the whole city including painted subways and subway stations - wow

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Naturally, I figure the longest I've slept would be in the 12-15 hour range.

Think the one time I got knocked out from medication (all 4 wisdom teeth extraction) I might have had something resembling sleep for about 24 hours. Different kind of sleep, with "half awake" moments of awareness.

Maybe I should try sleeping more (not just to shorten the wait, but literally, insomnia sucks. So does only 4-5 hours of sleep.)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If you signed up for PS3-GAF's Gaming Age Family please make sure to check out the spreadsheet for GAF names and PSN Names. Add yourself to the list so that we can promote you to 'Representative' status.

We realize with GAF being a public forum there is a high probability that we had many lurkers jump on board as well. While that is great we would like verified GAF members to be reps and up for us.

Check out the gdoc spreadsheet by quoting this post and add yourself to get the promotion you deserve.

Spazznid

I like all of that wilderness.

I remember in SA, I'd spend hours driving through the countryside in the rain, just listening to the radio and driving down the long roads.

I'm so freaking ready.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
But at least it's already Thursday there :( Seems like a gamers paradise for getting games earlier than the rest of the world haha

Don't they ban games there or is that all Australia?

And sometimes games in America come out on a Tuesday and a Friday everywhere else.

Con_Smith

Banned
If anyone has max Payne on Xbox I'll be playing a bunch this week for Gafstreet and Neogang. Get you some experience and exposure before next week hits.

Is there any announced dlc yet besides the blimp? Wondering if I skip the collectors edition can I still grab the custom characters later.

Anyone else notice how texture quality took a huge hit from Trailer 1 onward?
The character models look better and more nature but yeah, those textures look pretty downgraded.

Maybe they'll look better onwards.

I also miss those skyboxes from Trailer 1.

What's the likelihood of one-use motels that act like those in RDR? That would really add to the trek across the world atmosphere, stopping over night in different towns and road side motels, etc.

And I'm pretty sure I read in a preview that you can bring a
camper
out into the wilderness and go hunting with your friends. Anyone else remember reading something like that?

Gaz_RB

Anyone else notice how texture quality took a huge hit from Trailer 1 onward?
The character models look better and more nature but yeah, those textures look pretty downgraded.

Maybe they'll look better onwards.

I also miss those skyboxes from Trailer 1.

Haha yeah, they were probably like "oh shit, we should probably make these trailers look more like the actual game..."

I miss those skyboxes too. Though I think the sky they have going on now is still pretty beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom