• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deal with it.

ku-xlarge.gif

oxidax

oK ok OK ok. Quick question.

Could the 3 characters,in any way, cross paths?
Meaning... Lets say that you're playing as Trevor, just doing random stuff around the city yada yada yada free roaming whatever.. and all of a sudden you see a shootout..

Could it be possible that in the shootout you see, for example, Franklin and the Police cruising around shooting at each other? and let's say 30 minutes after that you see Michael just doing random stuff?

Does anybody know anything about this?

Furyous

If you signed up for PS3-GAF's Gaming Age Family please make sure to check out the spreadsheet for GAF names and PSN Names. Add yourself to the list so that we can promote you to 'Representative' status.

We realize with GAF being a public forum there is a high probability that we had many lurkers jump on board as well. While that is great we would like verified GAF members to be reps and up for us.

Check out the gdoc spreadsheet by quoting this post and add yourself to get the promotion you deserve.

Thanks and I'll get on that later on today.

Meaning... Lets say that you're playing as Trevor, just doing random stuff around the city yada yada yada free roaming whatever.. and all of a sudden you see a shootout..

Could it be possible that in the shootout you see, for example, Franklin and the Police cruising around shooting at each other? and let's say 30 minutes after that you see Michael just doing random stuff?

I believe they've mentioned that you may be able to track down the other characters (not kill them, though). Whether or not they'll be causing chaos or anything like that, who knows.

DukeBobby

If you signed up for PS3-GAF's Gaming Age Family please make sure to check out the spreadsheet for GAF names and PSN Names. Add yourself to the list so that we can promote you to 'Representative' status.

We realize with GAF being a public forum there is a high probability that we had many lurkers jump on board as well. While that is great we would like verified GAF members to be reps and up for us.

Check out the gdoc spreadsheet by quoting this post and add yourself to get the promotion you deserve.

Done.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hskaksudganakric I just died

...from vertigo. XD

I read somewhere that you can find the other characters going about their day. Apparently they are very hard to kill, but you can put them in hospital (which, if you switch them, you'll wake up in). I'll try and find the source.

Here:

"If I play as Trevor, can I zoom out, find out where Michael is, and then go and kill him while playing as Trevor? #GTAV"

In the open world, the characters are meant to be living their own ongoing and unpredictable personal lives, so understandably it’s not always easy to track one of them down in the vast city of Los Santos or the many towns spread about Blaine County at any given moment, but you will be able to find them. Having found them, (or simply after calling them up and arranging to meet them), you’ll certainly be able to hang out with them, annoy them should you choose, and maybe even assault them, but you won’t be able to kill them. They all have remarkable powers of recovery and good health insurance. The game is based on playing all sides of these three characters’ interwoven stories rather than having generic, interchangeable leads, so permanently killing a major character in that way wouldn’t make sense. If a player is determined enough though, they may well find a way to badly injure one of the characters and switching to that character would just put you in the hospital to continue where you left off.

KETCHUP

Deal with it.

ku-xlarge.gif

Haha!

Can't believe the people that are whining about the map. I think I read somewhere that everything is handmade, like all the places will be unique, it'll be awesome to upgrade your vehicle with some off road wheels and go out riding, blasting your favourite radio station, maybe seeing some easter eggs !

Think we've seen most of that (haven't checked the article they referenced), but 500 missions in GTA:O is just crazy. I look forward to just going in to an invite-only and seeing what stuff is doable by myself.

I wonder if the missions won't be able to be started without the correct amount of players. For example, if you're the only person on the map if only 1 person missions are available, 2 people on the map, then 2 player ones are available or if it will show all and it will tell you that you need more people.

Damn. GTAO might become my new favorite online game ... haven't had one of those since Guild Wars 2.

Fjordson

Watched about 30 seconds of it.

Rockstar are the master of free roamable games but god do they suck in arm animation.
They look fine to me. I think it's just that they have people wave them around too much :lol not always, but sometimes there are some busy ass arms flailing about in cutscenes.

IMACOMPUTA

Now that review copies are in the wild it's only a matter of time before it leaks.
Anybody doubting a leak is insane. This will be the biggest game leak ever and you can guarantee the scene groups are doing anything they can to be the first to leak it.

Alienous

God damn, people's reactions to getting hit by a car are even better.

Trevor, get your keys.

Wow. I actually said that.

On a side note, seeing as GTA Online will be superior to GTA V in every way, does anybody have a suggestion for the OT subtitle? I've got the bulk of the actual OP nailed down, but I can't think of a subtitle that suits the multiplayer nature of GTA Online.

Will do!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
On a side note, seeing as GTA Online will be superior to GTA V in every way, does anybody have a suggestion for the OT subtitle? I've got the bulk of the actual OP nailed down, but I can't think of a subtitle that suits the multiplayer nature of GTA Online.

Um... off the top of my head:

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| Ladies and gentlemen, this is your moment!

Camper182

This wasn't a part of the zip file I downloaded. I watched every one, and I'm certain this is new content.

Sure you're not thinking of this one (Spoilers) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGALuzoTTGI

The video I posted before is completely different.
ok it wasn't in the ZIP you downloaded but it was on ************ as a video back then, in much better quality aswell

this guy just downloaded it off there and uploaded to youtube with god afwul quality

its 2 weeks old and i can't believe none of you seem to have seen it before lol

Sonix90

Neo Member
No matter how many times I saw the trailers, I still get shivers down my spine every time I watch them. A quick marathon once a day for the rest of the week is a good way to keep the hype up.

Hindle

Banned
I'm thinking there won't be a slow build up for the game. Basically you'll be doing creative missions right rfrom the start.

oxidax

...from vertigo. XD

I read somewhere that you can find the other characters going about their day. Apparently they are very hard to kill, but you can put them in hospital (which, if you switch them, you'll wake up in). I'll try and find the source.

Here:

Awesome! Thank You

Sonix90

Neo Member
I'm thinking there won't be a slow build up for the game. Basically you'll be doing creative missions right rfrom the start.

IIRC all 3 characters won't be available from the start, I imagine that at the beginning there will be some sort of 3 chapters focusing on Michael, Franklin and Trevor separately until they all meet up and decide to work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom