• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

I'm thinking there won't be a slow build up for the game. Basically you'll be doing creative missions right rfrom the start.
Yeah, Leslie Benzies said in an interview that V's single-player will be "faster" in the beginning than IV. That you'll be into the action quicker.

Axial

Map looks huge, not only that, I just realised that there are also underwater locations all around that huge landmass making it even bigger... I'm so fucking hyped!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
We got LA Noire in GTA now? Thats interesting.

cat-surprised-face-oq7rsx.gif

BFIB

We got LA Noire in GTA now? Thats interesting.

What if you're working the case, and you are sent to interview someone. Someone who had information on this case, but never was able to solve it due to his bipolar issues. You take control of Trevor and are sent to question this certain individual. The old man answers the door, and introduces himself as Cole Phelps. You then take control LA Noire style and interview Phelps. Trevor then flies off the deep end because Phelps won't stop yelling for no reason, which leaves Trevor to kill Phelps in a fit of rage.

Sorry for the non-edit!

What if you're
working the case, and you are sent to interview someone. Someone who had information on this case, but never was able to solve it due to his bipolar issues. You take control of Trevor and are sent to question this certain individual. The old man answers the door, and introduces himself as Cole Phelps. You then take control LA Noire style and interview Phelps. Trevor then flies off the deep end because Phelps won't stop yelling for no reason, which leaves Trevor to kill Phelps in a fit of rage.

head-spin.gif

Gaz_RB

Bumping for new page.
No word on the review embargo. Rumors are IGN has an early review on Friday or Sunday

Pretty sure most big reviewers have a copy now though!

Edit; think I remember hearing that a magazine (playuk?) has one coming out tomorrow...

I wonder if
the climax of this will be the confrontation with the actual killer and choosing between killing him or giving him to the police... or just leaving him

That would be neat but i doubt it.
But i dont think it would have some "bring him to the cops" stuff. You are a criminal after all. And it will be a simplified LA Noire probably.

Must...not....highlight spoiler tags.

Has nothing to do with Story. Only a few gameplay things.

BFIB

I'm planning on heading up to my GameStop around 9:00.

I honestly don't believe I have ever been this hyped for anything.

Marleyman

Banned
Fuck these spoiler tags...seriously. I know one thing, I won't be on GAF much Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of next week. Friday, at work, will be my day to talk about experiences,etc.

oxidax

I'm planning on heading up to my GameStop around 9:00.

I honestly don't believe I have ever been this hyped for anything.

Yup. Me too.
Can't believe that im actually doing this. I usually get my stuff from amazon but the hype is already over everything.

dreamfall

GTA IV. If you could step into my office, I have some bad news.

Bahaha. There are some days where I'm like- "just gotta survive!"

Fuck these spoiler tags...seriously. I know one thing, I won't be on GAF much Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of next week. Friday, at work, will be my day to talk about experiences,etc.

It'll be a nice long vacation from GAF, exploring every little bit for the couple days after the game comes out. And then with the GTA Online OT, we'll all be reppin' the crews!

kudoboi

serious question here. should i invest 600 to 650 bucks into a PS3/ 360 ( they cost that much over here, amazon does not ship to my address and the used market is non-existent) just for this game? I do not want the console for anything else ( plan on selling it right after i complete the game and maybe playing a bit of GTA Online). Or should i just wait for the PC port? im really stucked in the middle now. I'm really afraid i will get spoiled before it even comes to PC

Should probably mention that i will have to sacrifice getting a new laptop to replace my broken laptop just for this

Gaz_RB

Bahaha. There are some days where I'm like- gotta survive!

It'll be a nice long vacation from GAF, exploring every little bit for the couple days after the game comes out. And then with the GTA Online OT, we'll all be reppin' the crews!

Yeah I think I'll be back for the GTA Online OT so we can all get together and add each other online and stuff. It'll be so awesome because GTA Online will filter people in your friends list automatically into the world with you, meaning it'll be so easy to get together with gaffers cause they'll just be on your friends list!

And it'll be so weird to be in an OT and already know so much about the game from playing the single player.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
serious question here. should i invest 600 to 650 bucks into a PS3/ 360 ( they cost that much over here, amazon does not ship to my address and the used market is non-existent) just for this game? I do not want the console for anything else ( plan on selling it right after i complete the game and maybe playing a bit of GTA Online). Or should i just wait for the PC port? im really stucked in the middle now. I'm really afraid i will get spoiled before it even comes to PC

Should probably mention that i will have to sacrifice getting a new laptop to replace my broken laptop just for this

your gonna ask junkies that question? im at the point of buying it off of psn so i can play at midnight till the stores open at 11am so i can go buy the 360 version

dreamfall

serious question here. should i invest 600 to 650 bucks into a PS3/ 360 ( they cost that much over here, amazon does not ship to my address and the used market is non-existent) just for this game? I do not want the console for anything else ( plan on selling it right after i complete the game and maybe playing a bit of GTA Online). Or should i just wait for the PC port? im really stucked in the middle now.

It certainly is a serious question- like, if you drop money on a new console does it come with the apprehensions of wondering if this gets ported to Next Gen/wait for that, or waiting the 6 months or more if they announce the PC version.

My console broke about 2 weeks ago, and I bought a 360 Slim just for this game. Somewhat begrudgingly, but knowing that GTA V is where I'll spend the next couple years. I don't think I'm ready for Launch titles on Next Gen, and if the PC version arrives, I'll likely double dip if money is alright.

The hype and expectation for this game is unreal. I'm also a sucker for anything Rockstar, so there's always that.

In your case, I'd just hold out for it and get a new laptop. PC port will come soon enough.

Clawww

Well, is the story worth hundreds of dollars to you? If you're smart about avoiding spoilers, you should probably be fine.

I'm sure the story will be interesting and exciting or whatever, but I'm also sure that you'll be able to get through life and eventually enjoy the game on PC even if it is somehow spoiled in the span of one or two sentences that you accidentally read somewhere. The story is bound to be more expansive than just "____ did it!"

dreamfall

Yeah I think I'll be back for the GTA Online OT so we can all get together and add each other online and stuff. It'll be so awesome because GTA Online will filter people in your friends list automatically into the world with you, meaning it'll be so easy to get together with gaffers cause they'll just be on your friends list!

And it'll be so weird to be in an OT and already know so much about the game from playing the single player.

GAH! Seriously.

We'll have to show each other our favorite vistas in the city, and go on biking trips! And the customization- our heists will be PERFECT.

Hip Hop

So how do you guys feel about the whole map being open right from the start instead of it broken off a section at a time?

Good? Bad? No Difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom