• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
time stands still
no leaks?

tumblr_m6wigpQC2a1ra7kr7o1_500.gif

I've been to one midnight release, the borderlands 2 midnight release at gamestop, I happened to be up and figured why not? It's the one time in my entire life I've been embarrassed to be a gamer. My wife and I went and I've never smelled such a terrible place in my entire life or seen so many ungroomed people. I doubt walmart is worse.

Same for me, except it was for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The entire Gamestop stank. My true video game disillusionment moment.

During the pre-release "tournament," one person had to fight a computer-controlled opponent. Someone asked "What level is the CPU?" Someone answered "It's over 9000!"

No one even laughed; some just clapped. It was completely awful.

IMO, I've only played a two true 10/10 games in my short gaming career

Uncharted 2
The Last of Us

For me, a game is a ten when the experience is more than just the sum of its parts. Uncharted 2 was my first PS3 game and it defined my standards for what an action adventure game should be. The Last of Us was the first game to ever get me emotionally invested in the story and characters.

Those are games that resonated with me and the experiences held weight beyond just the visuals or gameplay. When a game does that, it's earned a 10/10. A perfect score shouldn't be reliant on just technical prowness or length.

Next weekend, I'll tell you if GTA V achieves that

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Same for me, except it was for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The entire Gamestop stank. My true video game disillusionment moment.

During the pre-release "tournament," one person had to fight a computer-controlled opponent. Someone asked "What level is the CPU?" Someone answered "It's over 9000!"

No one even laughed; some just clapped. It was completely awful.

Ha, I bet there are a lot of gs midnight horror stories

Gorillaz

If R* and Take Two are viewing this thread, they have to be laughing their asses off...

More like stressing over every little thing possible from launch to online lanch. They probably won't even read this thread until a few weeks after release. They got bigger shit to handle.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
IMO, I've only played a two true 10/10 games in my short gaming career

Uncharted 2
The Last of Us

For me, a game is a ten when the experience is more than just the sum of its parts. Uncharted 2 was my first PS3 game and it defined my standards for what an action adventure game should be. The Last of Us was the first game to ever get me emotionally invested in the story and characters.

Those are games that resonated with me and the experiences held weight beyond just the visuals or gameplay. When a game does that, it's earned a 10/10. A perfect score shouldn't be reliant on just technical prowness or length.

Next weekend, I'll tell you if GTA V achieves that
I haven't played The Last of US but boy oh boy do I think Uncharted 2 was overrated and nowhere near a 10. It was enjoyable, had great production values, good pacing and ok gameplay. But it was very much a hit it and quit it game and one that I've neither had the desire to ever play again nor are my memories of it all that great. Much like the recent Tomb Raider reboot.

More like stressing over every little thing possible from launch to online lanch. They probably won't even read this thread until a few weeks after release. They got bigger shit to handle.

I doubt all of them is on top of that. I'd say some lurking ought to be guaranteed.

wizzbang

Banned
Man I tried playing The Lost and the Damned after The Ballad of Gay Tony and I could not get into it, let me know how you like it

You did it in the wrong order.
Gay Tony is definitely the better one with a more comical GTA feel.
TLaD is a more serious game and I for one don't empathise / sympathise with the idiot biker crowd. I enjoyed it, only because it's a good game, the characters shit me.

Wilester

I haven't played The Last of US but boy oh boy do I think Uncharted 2 was overrated and nowhere near a 10. It was enjoyable, had great production values, good pacing and ok gameplay. But it was very much a hit it and quit it game and one that I've neither had the desire to ever play again nor are my memories of it all that great. Much like the recent Tomb Raider reboot.

Go play The Last of Us for 5 days!

Fjordson

The best midnight launch oddly enough was for World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade. Everyone there was extremely friendly but i have just had so many shitty experiences.
Haha, same thing here. Been to a local midnight release for the last 3 WoW expansions (Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Mists of Pandaria). All three were great. Went with my cousin, little brother and a few friends. They were official Blizzard launches here in San Francisco too. So lots of swag to go around and Blizzard devs on hand to sign copies and whatnot.

Only other midnight releases I can think of that I've been to were GTA: San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption. Not quite as big as the WoW ones, but still fine.

KAP151

Anyone that has finished Max Payne 3, I got to the first
flashback mission where Max is in his Trenchcoat in the bar
, but wasnt digging the game at all.

Should I bother to revisit, does it get any better?

Got to have my shooting skills prime and ready for Tuesday.

It's Max Payne. You shoot enemies for 10 hours. If you don't like it at minute 1, you won't like it at hour 10.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Are we expecting parity with regard to framerate and texture quality for 360 and PS3 this time around? Any idea when a digital foundry comparison will pop up?

smr00

Banned
Hell no. I want my 1 week early gameplay.
Honestly i just want to see some PS3 footage.

I know, i know.. The stuff they have been showing is PS3 but i want to see it really in action from someone playing on their ps3 in their home. I just hope it isn't as shitty as GTA IV was on PS3. Judging by the last 3 games put out by Rockstar, it should be better.

Yeah, I think it gets a lot better. It's not a terribly long game and you've got until Tuesday.

Green Yoshi

GTA Online:

Almost all activities from the campaign are available in GTA online: "heists, missions, robberies, assaulting gang hideouts, hijacking armored vehicles, races" as well as "tennis, golf and base jumping"

According to Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies threre's over 500 missions. Some can be completed solo, but others are complicated and require a team.

GTA Online takes place after the main story, familiar faces will make appearances

Rockstar uses a "dynamic" system to populate GTA Online, starting with your friends and crew members, then similarly skilled players in the same part of the world.

The game analyses your playing style as you play and surfaces missions that appeal more to your style.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...tails-character-creation-activities-and-more/

Sounds great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom