• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphic Whores, Hold your Video Cards down, as they tremble with fear to run away.

marsomega

3dmark05_cannon_big.jpg

3DMARK05.........

On another note....

Spoiler alert.

woot possible 3dmark beta pics leak

Tellaerin

I'd probably care more if I knew what I was supposed to be looking at. :p

EDIT: Found the link. DX9 benchmarking? Interesting. Love to see what talented artists are going to be able to do with that kind of graphics power.

GigaDrive

Banned
nice graphics....

hey just get an Xbox 2 next year. it should be able to handle that kind of scene in games just fine, i would think :D

marsomega

Tellaerin said:
I'd probably care more if I knew what I was supposed to be looking at. :p

EDIT: Found the link. DX9 benchmarking? Interesting. Love to see what talented artists are going to be able to do with that kind of graphics power.

sorry, just posted the link. Was too excited. Hee hee :D

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Overdone lighting and bump mapping gives everything a really fake, cheesy look, IMO... But so many companies are doing it.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
hey just get an Xbox 2 next year. it should be able to handle that kind of scene in games just fine, i would think

You're in for quite a disappointement.

Stryder

All of the 3dmark tests are cheesy, you can see that they are just making generic goofy video game scenes and are not aiming really for aesthetic appeal, but rather to stress computer hardware.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"You have seen Xbox 2? How does it stack up to this still picture?"

While we don't have Xbox 2 specs, I've got to agree. Unless Xbox does 1600x1200 progress resolution with at least 4X FSAA.

However, Xbox2 will have DX10.

Bog

Junior Ace
I get 11k on 3dmark03 and I don't even have a great system. I'm guess I'll get about a 15 (no, not thousand) on this.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
teh_pwn said:
"You have seen Xbox 2? How does it stack up to this still picture?"

While we don't have Xbox 2 specs, I've got to agree. Unless Xbox does 1600x1200 progress resolution with at least 4X FSAA.

However, Xbox2 will have DX10.
Surface and lighting effects are more important than resolution and AA.

Pimpbaa

DaCocoBrova said:
You're in for quite a disappointement.

If that's a dx9 benchmark, why the hell wouldn't it? Xbox2 should be just as good if not better. New video chipset better than anything out right now + 3 core cpu + being able to take advantage of all that to it's full potential = games that look better than anything a pc can do now (game, demo, or benchmark).

myzhi

Banned
Bog said:
I get 11k on 3dmark03 and I don't even have a great system. I'm guess I'll get about a 15 (no, not thousand) on this.

If you got over 10K in 3Dmark03, you must have a 6800s or X800 video card which means you have a great system.

Top Bottom