• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

shubik

serenity now episode GIF

Miles is last gen. And for that matter, so is Horizon FW.

a6L60ro.jpg
7DarSuo.jpg
f6qWp7F.png

horizon-forbidden-west-ign-review-images-3-1644791560576.png

horizon-forbidden-west-ign-review-images-5-1644791560578.png
You forgot to mention a little detail. The generational jump from 30 to 60FPS… this is one hell of a leap coming from ps4

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Insomniac and Santa Monica

2 out of 4 of the big Sony devs have disappointed graphically with their games this gen.

Looks like it’s up to Guerilla and Naughty Dog to continue to push things forward.

They legit might be the only 2 devs left I have faith in, industry wide, to produce next gen visuals.
Dont put your faith in any of these devs.

ND did make a PS5 only game. It looks like this.

The+Last+of+Us+Part+I+Rebuilt+for+PS5+-+Features+and+Gameplay+Trailer+_+PS5+Games+8-29+screenshot.jpg

Yes I purposefully picked the worst looking picture but you get the point.

GG did make a PS5 game only game and it is riddled with insane pop-in and the same last gen indoor lighting that plagued the sequel. They took a few year to make this DLC and couldnt do anything major with it other than clouds. Clouds. I had a lot of high hopes for GG to fix some glaring issues in their rendering pipeline that made the game go from looking jaw dropping like this

FQBLThtXMAQbBgN

to fugly like this.

FMOkGR5WUAckE6J

They didnt fix the flying speed. Pop-in only got worse. Their big setpiece moment was a big snoozefest. Do these people even play other video games? Bayonetta may have looked like dogshit, but that game had bosses throwing entire yachts at skyscrapers while you flew around a crumbling city. and that was just the first 30 minutes.

Hell, Zelda does a better job with its sky islands than GG did with its clouds. Both were no shows at the PS showcase so unless you are ok with waiting 5 years for ND and GG to save the day, its time to move on.

Insomniac and Santa Monica

2 out of 4 of the big Sony devs have disappointed graphically with their games this gen.

Looks like it’s up to Guerilla and Naughty Dog to continue to push things forward.

They legit might be the only 2 devs left I have faith in, industry wide, to produce next gen visuals.
Bend. Sucker Punch. Bluepoint.

All we have left.

The+Last+of+Us+Part+I+Rebuilt+for+PS5+-+Features+and+Gameplay+Trailer+_+PS5+Games+8-29+screenshot.jpg

GG did make a PS5 game only game and it is riddled with insane pop-in and the same last gen indoor lighting that plagued the sequel. They took a few year to make this DLC and couldnt do anything major with it other than clouds. Clouds. I had a lot of high hopes for GG to fix some glaring issues in their rendering pipeline that made the game go from looking jaw dropping like this

FQBLThtXMAQbBgN

to fugly like this.

FMOkGR5WUAckE6J

They didnt fix the flying speed. Pop-in only got worse. Their big setpiece moment was a big snoozefest. Do these people even play other video games? Bayonetta may have looked like dogshit, but that game had bosses throwing entire yachts at skyscrapers while you flew around a crumbling city. and that was just the first 30 minutes.

Hell, Zelda does a better job with its sky islands than GG did with its clouds. Both were no shows at the PS showcase so unless you are ok with waiting 5 years for ND and GG to save the day, its time to move on.
Bend. Sucker Punch. And Bluepoint.

They’ll have some good stuff to show. If they fail then we’re all doomed.

Hugare

FQBLThtXMAQbBgN

to fugly like this.

FMOkGR5WUAckE6J

*sigh*, it's been reported numerous times that Part I wasnt really "made" by ND.

It was 90% made by an unkown dev team inside Sony, that couldnt finish the job and then ND tried to savage what they could

It doesnt even look better than Part II, imo. Because tho the tech is praticaly the same, ND artists werent there when the production started

The Hillcrest chapter from Part II looks better than any TLOU area, for example (imo, but I'm very certain)

I would wait for their next singleplayer game, thats already in production, built from the ground up for the PS5

Not Factions tho, since that is a multiplayer project and so I doubt that it will look better than Part I/II

Last edited:
*sigh*, it's been reported numerous times that Part I wasnt really "made" by ND.

It was 90% made by an unkown dev team inside Sony, that couldnt finish the job and then ND tried to savage what they could

It doesnt even look better than Part II, imo. Because tho the tech is praticaly the same, ND artists werent there when the production started

The Hillcrest chapter from Part II looks better than any TLOU area, for example (imo, but I'm very certain)

I would wait for their next singleplayer game, thats already in production, built from the ground up for the PS5

Not Factions tho, since that is a multiplayer project and so I doubt that it will look better than Part I/II
I’ll never forget the “wow holy shit” moment I had with their Uncharted 4 E3 2014 reveal. Man what a memory.

Hopefully they do that again and uhhh “target” 60fps the same way they “targeted” it then. As in, we’re gonna say we are to appease framerate geeks then quietly shelve that to push fidelity as much as possible.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I’ll never forget the “wow holy shit” moment I had with their Uncharted 4 E3 2014 reveal. Man what a memory.

Hopefully they do that again and uhhh “target” 60fps the same way they “targeted” it then. As in, we’re gonna say we are to appease framerate geeks then quietly shelve that to push fidelity as much as possible.
They wont ever have that. Epic already took that away from them. Nothing they will make on the PS5 will ever have the same impact seeing realtime Keanu Reeves for the first time. That ship has sailed.

You know whats funny? The UE4 teaser came out at E3 2014. 6 months after launch. Matrix came out in December 2021. 12 months after launch. It took epic just 8 months to make that entire demo from scratch. Entire thing. The chase sequences. The cutscenes. The open world. Traffic and NPC simulations. 8 Months. ND shipped TLOU2 in June 2020 and had a full year and a half to make a 30 second teaser like the U4 teaser. They couldnt even do that.

Instead, they hijacked the TLOU remake project from another studio and fobbed it off as their own after TWO years of dev time. Thats a 400 person studio. Im not asking for a full game here or even a tech demo like the Matrix, but you cant make a 30 second teaser like U4? There is something seriously wrong with this industry, i think its the talent drain and no one seems to be talking about it. Schrier reported that 70% of arkhane left the studio, thats a 100 person studio. Sony bend director said 90 people from the days gone team had left the studio in the last 4 years. Another 100 person studio.

Are we really surprised no one has their shit together? not even for fake teasers?

They wont ever have that. Epic already took that away from them. Nothing they will make on the PS5 will ever have the same impact seeing realtime Keanu Reeves for the first time. That ship has sailed.

You know whats funny? The UE4 teaser came out at E3 2014. 6 months after launch. Matrix came out in December 2021. 12 months after launch. It took epic just 8 months to make that entire demo from scratch. Entire thing. The chase sequences. The cutscenes. The open world. Traffic and NPC simulations. 8 Months. ND shipped TLOU2 in June 2020 and had a full year and a half to make a 30 second teaser like the U4 teaser. They couldnt even do that.

Instead, they hijacked the TLOU remake project from another studio and fobbed it off as their own after TWO years of dev time. Thats a 400 person studio. Im not asking for a full game here or even a tech demo like the Matrix, but you cant make a 30 second teaser like U4? There is something seriously wrong with this industry, i think its the talent drain and no one seems to be talking about it. Schrier reported that 70% of arkhane left the studio, thats a 100 person studio. Sony bend director said 90 people from the days gone team had left the studio in the last 4 years. Another 100 person studio.

Are we really surprised no one has their shit together? not even for fake teasers?
Talent drain is real as fuck. Look at Glassdoor to see how the once great rocksteady is a husk that just shares the name of the studio that made the Arkham trilogy. Look at BioWare. Look at bungie. Watch their documentaries from the halo days. A bunch of young passionate hard working nerdy looking college bros. Watch a destiny documentary. A bunch of blue hair corporate diversity hires. All of the halo team has moved on. Lest we forget schriers report that 70% of lead designers from UC4 and TLOU2 have left.

And I didn’t even know that about Sony bend but that’s disheartening because DG is an underrated gem from last Gen. Also don’t quote me but I think it’s well documented rockstar has been bleeding some talent the last decade. Basically no imaginative A list studios left that aren’t under nintendos first party.

SlimySnake

Talent drain is real as fuck. Look at Glassdoor to see how the once great rocksteady is a husk that just shares the name of the studio that made the Arkham trilogy. Look at BioWare. Look at bungie. Watch their documentaries from the halo days. A bunch of young passionate hard working nerdy looking college bros. Watch a destiny documentary. A bunch of blue hair corporate diversity hires. All of the halo team has moved on. Lest we forget schriers report that 70% of lead designers from UC4 and TLOU2 have left.

And I didn’t even know that about Sony bend but that’s disheartening because DG is an underrated gem from last Gen. Also don’t quote me but I think it’s well documented rockstar has been bleeding some talent the last decade. Basically no imaginative A list studios left that aren’t under nintendos first party.
Yeah, I totally forgot about that Schrier article on ND until very recently. Minor correction, it 70% of non-lead designers. Still pretty crazy.

Not as crazy as rockstar spending the last five years on something we haven’t even seen yet. They took five years to make rdr2 but were showing trailers 3 years in. They can’t even show a single screenshot 5 years after shipping rdr2? They have 3,000 devs across 7 studios all working on one game and they can’t get a teaser out? Cd project made cyberpunk in five years. A brand new city with insane visuals while putting out 2 massive witcher 3 expansions. And Spider-Man 2 after five years looks mostly the same?

Something is really really wrong here. It’s a shame Jason doesn’t care about graphics fidelity or next Gen stuff because there is a story here that encompasses not just insomniac but also rockstar, nd, ssm (5 years for Corys game with not even a screenshot), coalition games over at Xbox and even sucker punch who was MIA three years after shipping a game. If you can get a teaser out in three years you are clearly just coasting at work.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Im playing the SM1R again for the 3th time and i gotta say that im confident that they are gonna fix the low res textures we saw in the trailer. Also read somewhere that it was a old build, how old we don't know yet. But there are still some major things that need to change to make the graphics look alot better than what they showed, even if it was a old build i doubt it will look much different outside those textures.

The textures are really high quality in the remaster
Marvel-s-Spider-Man-Remastered-20230526193748.png

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-Remastered-20230530033842.png

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-Remastered-20230531201758.png

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-Remastered-20230531191007.png

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-Remastered-20230530025458.png

PeteBull

To all my fellow gaf graphic whores- plz be reasonable, crossgen games from 1st party topteams till now werent using 50% but close to 100% of ps5's power while not being 4k60 or even 4k30, console isnt some crazy infinite power juggernaut but by current standards midrange mashine at most, both cpu and gpu wise(it has amazing SSD tho, godbless sony for doing right move).

Games will look good, amazing even, but we wont experience tekken 1 to tekken 3 visual jump, maybe we could experience infamous SS to Ghost of Tsushima jump, thats probably max of what would be reasonable/realistic expectations.

OCASM

Banned
To all my fellow gaf graphic whores- plz be reasonable, crossgen games from 1st party topteams till now werent using 50% but close to 100% of ps5's power while not being 4k60 or even 4k30, console isnt some crazy infinite power juggernaut but by current standards midrange mashine at most, both cpu and gpu wise(it has amazing SSD tho, godbless sony for doing right move).

Games will look good, amazing even, but we wont experience tekken 1 to tekken 3 visual jump, maybe we could experience infamous SS to Ghost of Tsushima jump, thats probably max of what would be reasonable/realistic expectations.
Nah, devs aren't even using all the features in these consoles (mesh/primitive shaders anyone?) and when they do (like RT) they do the bare minimum of treating them as an extra layer of polish on top. You don't get Doom 3 from Quake 3 by just adding normal mapping on top of every surface.

PeteBull

All next gen features have its own costs, look again at UE5 demo, thats running in 1440p30fps on ps5 it looks amazing just like it did 3 years ago, but im sure by now u notice what it is lacking(main character looking worse vs last of us part2 in engine cinematics and death stranding in engine cinematics, 0 npcs in sight too, overall very lil details/movement going on in last part of the demo when u moving fast.

Early in the demo it still had enclosed space movement, so well known from ps4/xbox one gen, and so hated too, coz u know its literally forced slowndown on ur moving pace, so next area can load itself in.

Think of this that way- if ps5 was so extremly powerful like some ppl want it to be that actual spiderman2 gameplay woulndt be running in 1296p-1872p dynamic res, 30fps too, but full fat 4k60, but guess what, at least in that build from the showcase, they couldnt up the res/double framerate, here timestamped in the vid

SlimySnake

All sounds good, they just need to vastly improve the graphics to what we've come to expect from Sony 1st Party. Delay it if you have to, I don't care.
Delay of 1 year didnt help Halo look any better. A game using last gen tech will always look last gen. I think it's time to let it go.

Lets just hope that they have the capacity to be embarrassed by their efforts and take this criticism as constructive, and improve for their next game. Somehow i doubt it.

In other news, Ubisoft has confirmed that Avatar will finally be shown at the Ubisoft conference. A year after it was supposed to be released. This is one game that was targeting next gen features along with next gen fidelity. even if Massive downgrades it like they did Division, the next gen gameplay should still be there.

Flying​

Much of Frontiers of Pandora's reveal trailer takes place with Na'vi heroes riding their Banshee companions. As it turns out, this isn't just for show – the game will let you take to the skies and travel across them at high speed, and only new hardware allowed the team to couple that mechanic with the detailed world it wanted to present.

"[New consoles allowed] us to have much better object detail up close to you," explains Stefanove, "but also when you're flying high up in the air – to have a lovely vista and far-distance rendering, where we can even use the ray tracing to do shadows super far away, you know, three or four kilometers away from you."

It's not just that the world needs to look good as you lazily soar over it – it's that it needs to stay looking good while you travel very, very quickly, as Jansén explains: "You're flying at enormous high speeds on a Banshee over this very, very detailed landscape. It doesn't matter how much we can render, unless we can stream it in as fast when we're moving very fast from one place to another. So just this shift to these newer hard drives, it can't be underestimated because, and it really has a lot of implications."

Map Design​

One of the less visible benefits of new hardware is in changing not just how the open world looks, but how it's pieced together. Because of more limited tech, older open world games needed to balance detail with density, which can lead to large areas of relative nothingness between major points of interest (I'm looking at you Assassin's Creed: Odyssey). It seems that new-gen tech will allow Frontiers of Pandora to be built a little more organically:

"It's not just the old 'I'm taking this slow walk as I enter into the place because we have to stream everything in'," explains Jansén of the benefits to his maps, "it's little subtle things that people don't think about, which is how close together are all the places in the world. If you look at, with the old hard drives, they had to be spaced out very far [apart], because you had to stream out the old and stream in the new, so it just created a formulaic world. So, there's a ton of stuff like that."

Enemy and Creature AI​

It's not just graphical power helping Massive's designers – processing power will help them try new things, too, particularly when it comes to NPCs.

"Technology is everything," says Jansén, "it's what allows us to realize our dreams as designers. It's what allows us to tell our stories, and to create the immersion and the escapism that we want. It's not just about escapism, it's about danger as well, because Pandora is a beautiful place, but it's also a dangerous place. So, the wildlife, the AI, the way that they track you, the way that they attack you, the advances in technology and the way that we are taking advantage of the power with our in-house Snowdrop engine is allowing us [to] do amazing things that would not be possible [otherwise]."

Stefanov steps in to show us exactly what that can mean: "I can give you a specific example of something that you see in the trailer that has to do with the AI systems. For the big creatures, whenever they are calm, they would obviously walk around trees and things like that. But when they are fleeing, or attacking you, or whatever, they will just go straight through the bamboo and other vegetation and just completely destroy it. I think it's really cool to be able to see all of these effects that the NPCs have on the environment, as well as you having an effect on the environment too."

Immersion​

While this does fall somewhat under the "it looks nice" bracket of technical improvements, Massive is adamant that improving some of the more complex visuals will help players get into the idea that they're on the Pandora of James Cameron's original movie, not just another game world.

"It's a first-person game," says Jansén. "It's, to me, the most immersive way of playing. So we're really going all-in on that vision of, 'Remember the movie, remember you wanted to go to Pandora.' Now you can go to Pandora and, to do that, we needed to have the best simulation of weather, rain, animals, and the best rendering, because the more technically excellent it is, the more capable it is of taking you from where you are and into the world of Pandora."

Stefanov gives some examples of what that can mean to the game: "In terms of a new generation of consoles, the improved [hardware] just gives us so much opportunity to make sure that the game's as immersive as possible. So a couple of examples, we have a completely new lighting system that is based on ray tracing, and I think it is a dramatic step up in quality that makes you feel like it's a real place. One tiny example is that it can actually handle the translucency of the leaves [...] so it can figure out how much of the light is reflected through the leaves, how tinted it is with the colors and everything else. You get lovely reflections and sights for the water, even down to the volumetric clouds up in the sky – they actually receive the correct lighting as well."

med_afop_screen_rda_20210612_1010pmcest-4951160c4bf49e75432.84501012_a0e45447-fc7c-47d1-a77e-772275fb5610.jpg

avfop-media-screenshot-004.jpg

PeteBull

here full avatar game tralier, just to watch it once again, 0 info thats ingame/caputed on playstation or even in engine, which means its a fricken cinematic/target render, just be ready in advance, instead of rationalising why yet another dev "lied/deceived " once again :)

Dunno what hardware it would run on, but since trailer is from 12th june 2021, most powerful pc gpu at that time was rtx 3090 :p
So u got 2 options- it either ran on 3090(those cant run in sli so only on one) or much more likely- target render- which in layman terms is- fake bullshot trailer.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3090.c3622 those are rtx 3090 specs, btw, roughly 2x stronger from ps5/xsx gpu.

Last edited:

Falc67

Delay of 1 year didnt help Halo look any better. A game using last gen tech will always look last gen. I think it's time to let it go.

Lets just hope that they have the capacity to be embarrassed by their efforts and take this criticism as constructive, and improve for their next game. Somehow i doubt it.

In other news, Ubisoft has confirmed that Avatar will finally be shown at the Ubisoft conference. A year after it was supposed to be released. This is one game that was targeting next gen features along with next gen fidelity. even if Massive downgrades it like they did Division, the next gen gameplay should still be there.

med_afop_screen_rda_20210612_1010pmcest-4951160c4bf49e75432.84501012_a0e45447-fc7c-47d1-a77e-772275fb5610.jpg

avfop-media-screenshot-004.jpg
Don’t get your hopes up. You’ll be underwhelmed.

SlimySnake

Don’t get your hopes up. You’ll be underwhelmed.
here full avatar game tralier, just to watch it once again, 0 info thats ingame/caputed on playstation or even in engine, which means its a fricken cinematic/target render, just be ready in advance, instead of rationalising why yet another dev "lied/deceived " once again :)

Dunno what hardware it would run on, but since trailer is from 12th june 2021, most powerful pc gpu at that time was rtx 3090 :p
So u got 2 options- it either ran on 3090(those cant run in sli so only on one) or much more likely- target render- which in layman terms is- fake bullshot trailer.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3090.c3622 those are rtx 3090 specs, btw, roughly 2x stronger from ps5/xsx gpu.

I am fully prepared for a graphics downgrade but i am more interested in their destruction, flying and wild life simulations.

Falc67

Thanks for letting me know, son. I thought I drove in that corvette looking red car

🤣🤣🤣. The way you worded it made me thinking you didn’t realise, my bad.

After seeing that video, I played the Demo this week and the difference between that mod is generational lol.

alloush

🤣🤣🤣. The way you worded it made me thinking you didn’t realise, my bad.

After seeing that video, I played the Demo this week and the difference between that mod is generational lol.
Haha no worries. For some reason I don’t see the difference you are talking about. I need to watch the video again on my PC.

It´s one tech demo from one engine that ran at fps and resolution levels unacceptable for the new console world without any of the background load real games have. I´d strongly advise not to take that situation as a reference for what is really possible in actual games.
If you listen around what devs are saying about UE5 5.2 and higher fps for example....it`s not all as rosy and decidingly not as easy as Epic`s PR makes it out to be. Nanite runs into issues if too many unique meshes are used and Lumen still seems to be a monstrous ressource hog despite all its bundled hybrid solutions. Maybe all that can be ressolved in time for breathtaking looking games this gen, maybe not. Expectation management is in order.
People seriously need to get over comparing every proper AAA game (made under Covid work from home restrictions for years of their development no less) to an Unreal Engine tech demo which runs at 1440p and fucking 20-25 fps most of the time lol.

Yes UE5 will run better in its current state but if you want AAA visuals on par with the Matrix demo (using Nanite and Lumen) it’s still going to be targeting 30fps as much of the performance gains from the optimisations and improvements of UE5 in the past two years will be taken up by the much more complex game logic full games need esp when not using some of UE5’s built in features like their crowds etc as developers will want to mix up UE5 use with some of their own custom tools.

The finished SM2 will look close to the Matrix demo when travelling through the city at the new speeds and it will do it at a locked 1440p/60fps. That’s all that really matters to 99% of people.

Its a wonderful game and my top 5 of all time but some areas are starting to show there age. Indirect lighting, reflections cut off, late streaming of geometry as well (very rare this happens though). If AW2 is is half as good as this it will a great game, June 8th 🤞
Is there a showcase or something on June 8th? I did some googling for Alan Wake 2 June 2023 showcase but couldn't find anything.

SlimySnake

Here is an incredible bike chase scene using the matrix City sample assets epic made available for free. The motorbike was lifted straight out of the quixxel mega scans library.

Yes it’s just a cutscene but Made by one guy. Meanwhile 500 person studios like insomniac are struggling to make even their cutscenes look better than last Gen.
These devs should just resign and their replacements should go and get there ue5 license.

winjer

Gold Member
Here is an incredible bike chase scene using the matrix City sample assets epic made available for free. The motorbike was lifted straight out of the quixxel mega scans library.

Yes it’s just a cutscene but Made by one guy. Meanwhile 500 person studios like insomniac are struggling to make even their cutscenes look better than last Gen.
These devs should just resign and their replacements should go and get there ue5 license.

But to make that demo, that one guy needed the work of hundreds of people at Epic, Quixxel and Coalition.
Making a cool animation is easy, when all the work has been done before.

Besides, that demo is very unrealistic. It doesn't have the usual Unreal Engine stutters. :messenger_beaming:

What?

Whitecrow

Banned

While I mostly agree, working for a salary for a company, and working on something you are passionate about, ir totally different stories.

Yoy can be a very experienced programmer/artist, but going for that extra mile to deliver such quality, doesnt come from experience or skill, it comes from the love you have for your work or project.

Lethal01

It's almost as though development doesn't work the way you think it does and which is why what you think should be doable and what's actually happening is so different. You know cause you don't actually know anything about game development and are just bitching that you're personal wants aren't lining up with reality.

"I'm tired of excuses" They need no excuses since we have nothing to show that what you want is what's achievable on this hardware from a huge skilled team.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
It's almost as though development doesn't work the way you think it does and which is why what you think should be doable and what's actually happening is so different. You know cause you don't actually know anything about game development and are just bitching that you're personal wants aren't lining up with reality.

nah, couldn't be.

Lol let the old man yell at the clouds.

HawarMiran

Banned

"I'm tired of excuses" They need no excuses since we have nothing to show that what you want is what's achievable on this hardware from a huge skilled team.
almost no traffic and no pedestrians and it still doesn't look eye-melting. pretty generic tbh.

proandrad

No real game, even at 30fps, will look that clean and sharp on a PS5. Unreal engine demos are always showcasing graphics for the next generation of console. We didn't get to see games that come close to Unreal engine 4 demos until this generation.

SlimySnake

But to make that demo, that one guy needed the work of hundreds of people at Epic, Quixxel and Coalition.
Making a cool animation is easy, when all the work has been done before.

Besides, that demo is very unrealistic. It doesn't have the usual Unreal Engine stutters. :messenger_beaming:
Doesnt matter. Epic has made all those quixel assets part of the ue5 license. Everyone gets access to them. If insomniac and Sony were willing to pay up, they would have access to these same assets. Devs like capcom already use quixel assets but their re engine is dated and they are unable to use the high quality ones we saw in the Matrix demo.

ah the good old ‘you know nothing about game development’ excuse. So lazy you should fit right in insomniac.

I find it hilarious that you insult me as a child even though you have repeatedly posted how zelda looks amazing. We could rip you a new one but we are adults who are nice enough to tolerate your delusion. If you don’t like my posts put me on ignore otherwise this will get ugly fast.

Anyway, June 8th will give us an extended look at AW2, what they've shown so far looks impressive. Interestingly enough one of the developers at Remedy expects it to be one of the best looking games this year, I'm thinking he might be right.

alloush

Awesome stuff. I know it is a demo but it looks hella good. To think there are people out there who actually think Spidey 2 will look like The Matrix demo or close to it is flat out crazy. Even the thought that it could look close to it is a crazy ass one.

Anyway, June 8th will give us an extended look at AW2, what they've shown so far looks impressive. Interestingly enough one of the developers at Remedy expects it to be one of the best looking games this year, I'm thinking he might be right.
Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed by AW2 graphics? I mean they looked good but nothing special. Maybe I need to rewatch the trailer, I only saw it once and it was during the showcase, maybe the 4K version will do it justice.

Last edited:
Awesome stuff. I know it is a demo but it looks hella good. To think there are people out there who actually think Spidey 2 will look like The Matrix demo or close to it is flat out crazy. Even the thought that it could look close to it is a crazy ass one.

Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed by AW2 graphics? I mean they looked good but nothing special. Maybe I need to rewatch the trailer, I only saw it once and it was during the showcase, maybe the 4K version will do it justice.
The character models were of a high quality but not anything incredible, I'm expecting a very good lighting implementation and highly destructible environment's.

Top Bottom