• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What's going on with some of you guys squirting over cutscene quality these last few pages?
Real time or not the quality is nowhere near representative of the actual gameplay visuals, especially in FF16....
But we don’t know which cutscenes are real time and which are not.
I posted few secret photo mode gameplay shots up there too in my cutscenes section

OCASM

Banned
Going to hide the pics in the spoiler tag since the game is still relatively new.

Massive FF16 character Act 1 ending spoilers. Arkhamguy, do not click.

F0AnrqIWYAA1cHJ

F0Anr7FXwAEEMtR

F0AnsKTWYAQObUL

F0AnsZ9X0AAnY73

I dont think the game looks CG, but this scene and this character model blew me away. That lighting, that hair, those visual effects, omg.

Wish this person was the main lead.
Compared to the NPCs you posted before sure, that looks much better. Still PS4 level though. Characters in HFW are superior. The terrible lighting choices by Guerilla bring them down, though.

None of this looks cgi to me really. cp2077 looks incredible but it doesn't have THAT look. Maybe it's too sharp? I almost wonder if it wouldn't look more realistic in lower resolution maybe.

While looking through 300 shots I took when playing from ff16, I can't say which are cgi and which are in-game because I honestly don't know. There is rumored to be 5% cgi in this game and it could be anything.
There is FOR 100% scene after first crystal, which is cgi because characters in front are aliased and in back you can see armies and realistic grassy mountains. Big battle scenes are probably pre-rendered too.

Will first post some that I personally think look like CGI (and I know most are not because some I've taken in photo mode or just in game). By CGI I mean, look like pre-rendered movie like of recent resident evil movies maybe or something. A movie you would pause? no idea. Not kingsglaive. Worse obviously.
Qag5pyu.jpg

Yes. It's not about fidelity. This small anime child looks like cgi unlike anything in cp2077
lEn6P7l.jpg

Prince Dion might be blurry af but he is also hot af
8DWK4pr.jpg

kneqTj9.jpg

QNSnxSm.jpg

icJ33xE.jpg

oIuqv9p.jpg

BSdF6dM.jpg

zwoRAet.jpg

ourpNSs.jpg

H8MDBGO.jpg
Only the first shot looks CGI-ish. The rest look like a PS4 game with good art direction.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
None of this looks cgi to me really. cp2077 looks incredible but it doesn't have THAT look. Maybe it's too sharp? I almost wonder if it wouldn't look more realistic in lower resolution maybe.
Its the quality of the image which is sharper than any other movie or CG that goes for that style. When you add the "movie filter" it looks 10x more CG than before. But the render quality is the closest to CG out of any game, the way everything make sense in the scene and the way the light bounces and creats all these soft shadows and the accurate reflections on each surface is just wonderful.
20.jpg

21.jpg

While looking through 300 shots I took when playing from ff16, I can't say which are cgi and which are in-game because I honestly don't know. There is rumored to be 5% cgi in this game and it could be anything.
There is FOR 100% scene after first crystal, which is cgi because characters in front are aliased and in back you can see armies and realistic grassy mountains. Big battle scenes are probably pre-rendered too.

Will first post some that I personally think look like CGI (and I know most are not because some I've taken in photo mode or just in game). By CGI I mean, look like pre-rendered movie like of recent resident evil movies maybe or something. A movie you would pause? no idea. Not kingsglaive. Worse obviously.
Qag5pyu.jpg

Yes. It's not about fidelity. This small anime child looks like cgi unlike anything in cp2077
lEn6P7l.jpg

Prince Dion might be blurry af but he is also hot af
8DWK4pr.jpg

kneqTj9.jpg

QNSnxSm.jpg

icJ33xE.jpg

oIuqv9p.jpg

BSdF6dM.jpg

zwoRAet.jpg

ourpNSs.jpg

H8MDBGO.jpg
Really not seeing the CG quality in those shots. Im not saying that those look bad or anything, it has its different style of graphics which i understand that it doesn't aim for realism. But if you guys tell me CG even for that style, i epxect something like this
iHZCxGwx5zhvHBwG79au2ZOn.jpg

Now some world shots. These don't look as much cgi maybe but have great quality overall. Assets might be lower quality than cp2077 but it comes together so incredibly well it looks like a fake video game ad in a sense lol.
hCoYO0W.jpg

pHecv0b.jpg

h81q0Dt.jpg

rtOe2m3.jpg

hyusRsU.jpg
I mean the gameplay graphics are even less impressive, i really don't understand why this game runs such a low resolution during these moments. You say that it looks like a "video game ad", to me it looks like a PS4 game. There are cross gen game that blow the shit out of this and they are open world with dynamic tod and weather with even bigger open levels.

Those are from a open world cross gen racing game with dynamic tod and weather and you can break more than 50% (90% in the DLC) of the trees and foliage.
Forza-Horizon-5-1-07-2023-4-23-34.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-28-05-2023-1-04-41.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-4-04-2023-1-37-22.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-28-05-2023-1-54-13.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-28-05-2023-2-33-20.jpg

Here you can break every tree or foliage
Forza-Horizon-5-30-03-2023-0-37-21.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Its the quality of the image which is sharper than any other movie or CG that goes for that style. When you add the "movie filter" it looks 10x more CG than before. But the render quality is the closest to CG out of any game, the way everything make sense in the scene and the way the light bounces and creats all these soft shadows and the accurate reflections on each surface is just wonderful.
20.jpg

21.jpg

Really not seeing the CG quality in those shots. Im not saying that those look bad or anything, it has its different style of graphics which i understand that it doesn't aim for realism. But if you guys tell me CG even for that style, i epxect something like this
iHZCxGwx5zhvHBwG79au2ZOn.jpg

I mean the gameplay graphics are even less impressive, i really don't understand why this game runs such a low resolution during these moments. You say that it looks like a "video game ad", to me it looks like a PS4 game. There are cross gen game that blow the shit out of this and they are open world with dynamic tod and weather with even bigger open levels.

Those are from a open world cross gen racing game with dynamic tod and weather and you can break more than 50% (90% in the DLC) of the trees and foliage.

Forza-Horizon-5-28-05-2023-1-04-41.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-4-04-2023-1-37-22.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-28-05-2023-1-54-13.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-28-05-2023-2-33-20.jpg

Here you can break every tree or foliage
Forza-Horizon-5-30-03-2023-0-37-21.jpg
Forza horizon was a disappointment to me even on PC at extreme settings. I don’t know if there was a downgrade but the lighting looks very last Gen and cartoony. Those screenshots look good but the game just looked too gamey when u played it. Even in cloudy conditions that should make it look better.

Ff16’s day time lighting is fantastic. Don’t know about next Gen but time of day feels drab and dull in pretty much every game other than HFW. Spider-Man, metro exodus, plagues tale, gow ragnorak, even rdr2, looks very dull as if devs don’t know how to do proper bounce lighting during day time. Hfw and cyberpunk come close but they are way too oversaturated and don’t look too realistic. Ff16 retains the realism artstyle during its day time setting. Unfortunately, the same area looks underwhelming in dusk time and under cloudy conditions so the game seems to work only in certain lighting conditions.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Forza horizon was a disappointment to me even on PC at extreme settings. I don’t know if there was a downgrade but the lighting looks very last Gen and cartoony. Those screenshots look good but the game just looked too gamey when u played it. Even in cloudy conditions that should make it look better.

Ff16’s day time lighting is fantastic. Don’t know about next Gen but time of day feels drab and dull in pretty much every game other than HFW. Spider-Man, metro exodus, plagues tale, gow ragnorak, even rdr2, looks very dull as if devs don’t know how to do proper bounce lighting during day time. Hfw and cyberpunk come close but they are way too oversaturated and don’t look too realistic. Ff16 retains the realism artstyle during its day time setting. Unfortunately, the same area looks underwhelming in dusk time and under cloudy conditions so the game seems to work only in certain lighting conditions.
I mean i already had this discussion in the Next gen racing thread. Its not cartoony, far from it it has one of the best lighting that is not RT/PT. They captured almost everything from the real world the sky, the environment (photogrammetry), the colors of all the vegetation and what not. Mexico is a exotic place so it has more pop than other countries
XacDvUU.jpg

m0WQAz3.jpg

9VDZbLi.jpg

RevKZS4.jpg

4YwVDPs.jpg

the jungle in Mexico
jungle-tropical-forest-with-palms-trees-playa-del-carmen-riviera-maya-yu-atan-mexico_652249-2695.jpg

SlimySnake

I mean i already had this discussion in the Next gen racing thread. Its not cartoony, far from it it has one of the best lighting that is not RT/PT. They captured almost everything from the real world the sky, the environment (photogrammetry), the colors of all the vegetation and what not. Mexico is a exotic place so it has more pop than other countries
XacDvUU.jpg

m0WQAz3.jpg

9VDZbLi.jpg

RevKZS4.jpg

4YwVDPs.jpg

the jungle in Mexico
jungle-tropical-forest-with-palms-trees-playa-del-carmen-riviera-maya-yu-atan-mexico_652249-2695.jpg

I guess real life Mexico sucks lol.

This explains the orange filter they put in hollywood movies set in mexico.

kej8zct69y431.jpg

Can’t believe I’m defending this after I just ripped it a new asshole a few pages ago but I gotta defend FF16, I see you rofif rofif being the only guy standing up for it so I’ll actually throw my hat in.

Yes this game can get dunked on by a LOT of PS4/XB1 games. Like a lot. I get it. But when it’s at its apex, at its absolute zenith, it’s very next Gen and as impressive maybe as the current big 3 crown holders of ratchet, horizon, and my personal favorite, demon souls. I mean when it looks good it looks REALLY good. And when it looks subpar it looks REALLY subpar.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
FF16 looks CG-like during it's best moments, and those who don't understand why probably haven't played it. Another aspect we have to consider is that quality of lighting is best demonstrated with movement (i.e. video) to capture dynamic nature. Many of these scenes are amazing because we see the shadows and ambient lighting dance around the character models in a very lifelike manner, which adds to the CG-like effect. That's not to say the game doesn't have it's visual faults because it definitely does. But it was surprising to see how even a game like TLOU Pt. 1 doesn't come close matching the natural lighting tones, soft shadows, and accuracy of character subsurface scattering at the level that FF16 does. When you compare a game like TLOU to FF16, it's interesting to see how they both take artistic and realistic approach in different areas. TLOU Pt. 1 character models are more realistic while the lighting and color tones are more exaggerated, whereas FF16 character models are more artist driven (anime) but the color tones and ambient lighting are more based in reality.

7KaIO4f.jpg
YeOj4iS.jpg
8JsBiAI.jpg
VcaEJs8.jpg
Py5O3yq.jpg
KPY1pU2.jpg
2vA5Lko.jpg
NJDpgRL.jpg
WToONoK.jpg

What's going on with some of you guys squirting over cutscene quality these last few pages?
Real time or not the quality is nowhere near representative of the actual gameplay visuals, especially in FF16....
FFXVI is a game that definitely looks Next gen, when people say that it doesn't I know those people have not played it.

In motion on a good monitor or big ass oled FFXVI is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Alex11

XacDvUU.jpg

m0WQAz3.jpg

9VDZbLi.jpg

RevKZS4.jpg

4YwVDPs.jpg

the jungle in Mexico

Jesus, these look amazing.

I guess to each their own then, I haven't play FF yet, so must be one of those rare games that you have to play it to see how good it really looks, whatever. I for one when I read CGI I go to shots like these:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
justin-timberlake-stare.gif

I asked for one single frame where FF looked CG and still didn't get anything that looks remotely close to it. CP2077 is the closest thing to CG there is because it literally uses the most CG tech out of any game. All the pics you guys posted from FF looked like a PS4 game at best outside 2 screenshots from Slimmy that looked cross gen. Not even for 1 sec was i like this look CG, not 1. I just ask 1 frame that you think looks CG, just 1.
cyberpunk-2077-rt-overdrive-is-crazy-choom-v0-uptc03q9s6va1.png

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-16-04-2023-6-29-07.jpg

Cyberpunk2077_Phantom_Liberty_Dealing_With_The_Devil_PC_RGB_EN_logo_DE_desc.png

VS what you think looks CG
FzrLw6fXgAEMp4N

Cyberpunk on overdrive RT is the only game that feels weird to control because my brain can’t process it. It can look nothing like a game and more like CG movie and it’s just so bizarre to be in that world and to control your character.

alloush

The leak said they will begin mocap LATER this year. So if the leak is true then they havent even started mocap yet.

In ND's case, its obvious Neil didnt want them working on anything he wasnt directing and since he was out making a tv show for 2 years, they just chose to waste their time on a bs remake and factions which is now effectively cancelled.

Rockstar had some internal troubles with one of the houser brothers leaving. GTA is supposed to be a satire of American society but we live in an age where simply stating women cant have penises gets you cancelled so I am guessing its impossible to make that kind of game right now. They actually made comments stating something to that effect that im too lazy to pull up. But my guess is GTA is in development hell. Having all 7 studios working on one game probably doesnt help. They shouldve just split RDR and GTA teams and if it takes 5-7 years to make them both fine. Right now, RDR3 is probably a 2030 or 2032 game. 12-14 year after the sequel came out. RDR2 has a lot of really bs things like having 2000 voice actors with each NPC in the game having their own lines. I bet they are doing something dumb like that for GTA6. just a waste of resources.

Death Stranding 2 is the game that frustrates me the most. Kojima started from scratch and made DS1 in 4 years. Literally borrowing engines from Sucker Punch and GG, and with 85 devs, made a GOTY. Its been 3.5 years since DS1 came out and all we have is a short trailer with no gameplay. Like what was he working on this whole time? His E3 Death Stranding trailers were legendary. What happened here?
Oh, so they haven't even started mocap yet. Good God! As much as I think Neil is a genius when it comes to storytelling and making compelling games, I really dislike the guy. He's a narcissist and comes across as a huge douchebag, I can only imagine what's it like working under this guy. I remember when he did the sex-scene mocap which felt very awkward just watching it. I haven't seen the TV show yet, I hope it was worth pausing everything for.

As for GTA, the bolded part. man. I always wondered how will GTA fare in today's world. It is a question that's been lingering in my head for a while. Rockstar do push the boundaries with their GTA games, so I always imagined what would happen to them if they kept pushing the envelope and crossed boundaries with their GTA games. Cancel culture is at full force in today's world and age. One thing I disagree with you on, Slimy is the NPC part. The NPCs in RDR2 are the most alive I have ever seen in any videogame which made the game that more realistic and fun. I prolly spent 80% of my time messing around with NPCs due to the fact each and every single one of them felt different, felt alive, had different lines to say etc. and NPCs have always been an area I loved seeing improved, they make the whole game feel alive.

Kojima, keeps talking about what kinda tech he is using for DS2 and how he is redefining storytelling, and how he is using proper actors for his game bla bla bla but we aint seen nothing but a trailer which looked impressive but it was a short teaser trailer nonetheless.

alloush

I am a big fan of HZD but HFW felt very euro-jank. Didnt help that the game shipped with very poor IQ issues in both quality and performance modes. Performance mode had very poor artifacts when moving, and quality mode had some bizarre brightness flickering issues. Just a really bad first impression. They also screwed up the gameplay balance by making enemies too aggressive and Aloy too weak. The jankiness was off the charts when climbing or doing anything indoors.

I still really liked the story so played through it and even got into the end game experimenting with different builds, but aside from that, the flow of combat is just trash and every time I go back and get into a random fight, it exposes just how bad the combat really is.
I see. I need to start playing HFW but gotta finish HFZ first. For some reason HFZ feels very long and I kinda got bored of it. When I first played it, it felt very exciting and the story felt amazing but then it started venturing into the boring territory which made me shelve the game for a minute.

Rheon

justin-timberlake-stare.gif

I asked for one single frame where FF looked CG and still didn't get anything that looks remotely close to it. CP2077 is the closest thing to CG there is because it literally uses the most CG tech out of any game. All the pics you guys posted from FF looked like a PS4 game at best outside 2 screenshots from Slimmy that looked cross gen. Not even for 1 sec was i like this look CG, not 1. I just ask 1 frame that you think looks CG, just 1.

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-16-04-2023-6-29-07.jpg

VS what you think looks CG
FzrLw6fXgAEMp4N

Man, the reflections in the tube things to the left are crazy...

Rheon

Also, I keep seeing people trying to convince others FF16 is a looker but it just looks so underwhelming in almost every screenshot I've seen.

Maybe it needs to be played to really get it? Idk.

alloush

Compared to the NPCs you posted before sure, that looks much better. Still PS4 level though. Characters in HFW are superior. The terrible lighting choices by Guerilla bring them down, though.
Man, we have truly lost SlimySnake SlimySnake . Our graphics whore brother is posting cutscenes now instead of realtime stuff, and cutscenes that look like they were taken from a PS4. The devs have well and truly broken him:messenger_pensive:!

alloush

Jesus, these look amazing.

I guess to each their own then, I haven't play FF yet, so must be one of those rare games that you have to play it to see how good it really looks, whatever. I for one when I read CGI I go to shots like these:

The Matrix demo is still king and no game has even come close to it graphically yet, not even remotely.

SlimySnake

Man, we have truly lost SlimySnake SlimySnake . Our graphics whore brother is posting cutscenes now instead of realtime stuff, and cutscenes that look like they were taken from a PS4. The devs have well and truly broken him:messenger_pensive:!

lol that’s literally the only time the game looks next Gen. Otherwise it’s an early Gen ps4 game with ps3 era npcs.

I’m actually with you guys on not seeing next Gen visuals in this game. Now the titan battles sure, they are insane, but the visuals themselves are definitely ps4 quality.

FFXVI is a game that definitely looks Next gen, when people say that it doesn't I know those people have not played it.

In motion on a good monitor or big ass oled FFXVI is ridiculous.

That game looks "next gen"-ish with amazing materials and geometry one second and then all the way down to PS3 level visuals the next, and even that is bought with tiny 100% static levels and zero background dynamics in the game world.
Assets and characters are ridiculously uneven as is the lighting.
If that is supposed to be "next gen" then this gen is fucked.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
That game looks "next gen"-ish with amazing materials and geometry one second and then all the way down to PS3 level visuals the next, and even that is bought with tiny 100% static levels and zero background dynamics in the game world.
Assets and characters are ridiculously uneven as is the lighting.
If that is supposed to be "next gen" then this gen is fucked.
Yep, the game is too uneven to be called nextgen.

The difference between the high budget scene and where they saved money is embarassing, and that traduce into a pacing where you slay titans just to do mmo sidequest as part of the main campaing 5 min later.

Ragnarock visual highs are way lower, but the lows are also not that low, the game always look like a good ps4 title even at his worse, ff16 at his worse look almost like a ps3 title with a game structure from 20 years ago.

Last edited:

PeteBull

since when Demon Souls crossgen ?
its not crossgen ofc, bluepoint put everything into ps5 version, no ports, no other consoles they had to optimise for, 100% effort/dev time/budget was put into ps5 so results were amazing, its not even 4k30 mode thats so impressive, even more impressive is 1440p60 mode, game looking like this and still keeping stable 60 with good image quality, launch title too, proves what we knew/suspected for a while- bluepoint studio are top tier dev studio-magicans .

To all the people scratching their head about FF16, it’s really not that complicated

Sometimes it looks really next gen, usually centered around boss fights. Most of the time it just looks alright.

I thought the same thing before I bought it. If you’re scrubbing through gameplay on YouTube it’s probably not going to blow you away

Edder1

I've never seen people use cutscenes as an argument for impressive graphics like what people are doing with FF16, lol. This is some serious level cap going on with fanboys of this game.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Take a stroll through vanaheim at night and tell me whether you still think so.
I don't rememeber seeing the lows i saw in ff16 but you could be right, ragnarock was unimpressive in many parts.

I think ragnarock had better art design for the bland looking zones so it looked overall better, the bland zone in ff16 are really fucking bland.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I've never seen people use cutscenes as an argument for impressive graphics like what people are doing with FF16, lol. This is some serious level cap going on with fanboys of this game.
I posted batch of cutscenes and batch of gameplay footage. Should be fair enough.
And cutscenes are in-game too

Edder1

And cutscenes are in-game too
We have dozens of dozens examples of in-game cutscenes in games that are very impressive, but that's hardly a fair point of comparison to use when praising games graphics. There's a serious drop in visuals from cutscenes to gameplay in all games and FF16 is no exception to that. Cutscenes should be compared to other cutscenes and gameplay should be compared to gameplay.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
We have dozens of dozens examples of in-game cutscenes in games that are very impressive, but that's hardly a fair point of comparison to use when praising games graphics. There's a serious drop in visuals from cutscenes to gameplay in all games and FF16 is no exception to that. Cutscenes should be compared to other cutscenes and gameplay should be compared to gameplay.
Well as I've said. I posted both.
If you want to be fair about it, go back 100 pages and remove all tlou cutscenes pictures too I guess?!

I don't see what's the problem. Graphics are geaphics

Edder1

Well as I've said. I posted both.
If you want to be fair about it, go back 100 pages and remove all tlou cutscenes pictures too I guess?!

I don't see what's the problem. Graphics are geaphics
You're free to do whatever you want, but using cutscenes for arguing that à game looks like CGI is just lame imo. Yes people have posted cutscenes here before, but I'm not sure they used them as a clutch in an argument that a game looks like CGI.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You're free to do whatever you want, but using cutscenes for arguing that à game looks like CGI is just lame imo. Yes people have posted cutscenes here before, but I'm not sure they used them as a clutch in an argument that a game looks like CGI.
But these are in-game real time 95% of the time... and there is a lot of it.
People posted Detroit become human here before and it's all basically a cutscene

OCASM

Banned
its not crossgen ofc, bluepoint put everything into ps5 version, no ports, no other consoles they had to optimise for, 100% effort/dev time/budget was put into ps5 so results were amazing, its not even 4k30 mode thats so impressive, even more impressive is 1440p60 mode, game looking like this and still keeping stable 60 with good image quality, launch title too, proves what we knew/suspected for a while- bluepoint studio are top tier dev studio-magicans .
It's crossgen. A truly native PS5 game by Bluepoint would use ray tracing.

93xfan

Banned
Yep. People don’t interact with cutscenes. A non playable cutscene can be impressive, but I don’t think that’s what gamers come to this thread for.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Yep. People don’t interact with cutscenes. A non playable cutscene can be impressive, but I don’t think that’s what gamers come to this thread for.

There are plenty of setpiece moments with player control that also look amazing, but they are spoilers so....

Edder1

But these are in-game real time 95% of the time... and there is a lot of it.
People posted Detroit become human here before and it's all basically a cutscene
Not at all the same thing, Detroit is interactive and the quality among the less interactive and fully interactive elements is near identical. The fact that you're using such false equivalents just shows how much you're trying to hype up FF16 visuals.

Edder1

Same with TLOU, Death Stranding, The Matrix Demo, etc. But apparently it's a no-no with FF16 because "reasons".
Two wrongs don't make a right. I've seen plenty of people call out those who use TLOU cutscenes by pointing out to them that in-game characters and environments look far less impressive. And like I said, it's fine if you're using cutscenes vs cutscenes, but using cutscenes as a clutch for game's visuals overall is a straight cap. And then there's a fact that last gen TLOU characters in cutscenes look more impressive than so called "CGI" charactes in FF16, so I really don't get all this hype people are trying to manufacture.

Last edited:

Robbinhood

Banned
FH5 is a good looking Last Gen game, but lets not overrate the graphics.

It's extremely gamey looking with aggressive pop in. It looks like a game that last gen consoles could run where FF16 at least at times feels like the PS4 can't run it. Given that its pushing the PS5 proves this.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I've seen plenty of people call out those who use TLOU cutscenes by pointing out to them that in-game characters and environments look far less impressive. And like I said, it's fine if you're using cutscenes vs cutscenes, but using cutscenes as a clutch for game's visuals overall is a straight cap. And then there's a fact that last gen TLOU characters in cutscenes look more impressive than so called "CGI" charactes in FF16, so I really don't get all this hype people are trying to manufacture.
Seems like you have a hang up on cutscenes for whatever reason and that’s fine

The pathos is not complicated though, you can explain your stance up and down but I think where people are coming from is really as simple as “my console is running this in real time and it looks like a cgi movie. That’s cool!” And there’s nothing wrong with that honestly. If gameplay looks marginally less pristine then… okay. Not the end of the world.

The guys you’re debating are simply enthused that the $500 next gen console they bought is outputting real time visuals that look amazing. Yes. In a cutscene. But with no trickery. No deception. Not pre-rendered. Really running on their tvs for their eyes to feast on. People like that. You happen to not. Just a difference of perspective that’s all

Last edited:
Top Bottom