• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

You're right. Didnt think of it like that. I wonder thats why we havent seen Cory's new game or TLOU3 yet despite them being in production for long. They might be more ambitious than we think.

Fingers crossed.
Companies wont show everything all the time and They shouldn’t…

Musilla

ezgif-4-416c68889b.gif

ezgif-2-d1a3b21224.gif

ezgif-3-e2f0927693.gif

CGNoire

In house engines dont need to be marketing to people to get users, and developers dont need to release a tech demo of engine features 3 years before their game comes out to get revenue. The only exception is when sony or MS pays them to in the lead up to a new console.
You'll see in house engines 'catch up' alongside genuinely next-gen UE5 games releasing.

None of the tech in Ue5 is a dark art - it's mostly based on publicly available research papers.
Doubt.gif when it comes to nanite. Im thinking atleast 5+ years after the 1st true use of nanite a AAA game releases. Spiderman 2 will tip its hat to this.

This is the only gameplay i could find in that gameplay trailer but if it is real and not faked than wow. No way this runs at anything other than 1080p 30 fps on consoles if it ever comes out.

XOw6Lc7.gif
This looks so much like Quantum Break, in terms of set design, lighting, atmosphere and general setting. Feels like it was made in the North Light engine lol.

In house engines dont need to be marketing to people to get users, and developers dont need to release a tech demo of engine features 3 years before their game comes out to get revenue. The only exception is when sony or MS pays them to in the lead up to a new console.
You'll see in house engines 'catch up' alongside genuinely next-gen UE5 games releasing.

None of the tech in Ue5 is a dark art - it's mostly based on publicly available research papers.

You`re seriously understimating what kind of manpower and research, or in short "Budget", it takes to create and refine systems like Lumen or Nanite.
If you went to a CGI company 5 years ago and told them we`d get Reyes like functionality in real time soon they`d have laughed at you.
Epic has ~3000 employees and those aren`t just creating dances for fortnite.
Ofc it could still fall flat on its nose if the promises aren`t kept but with the editor in the open and sth like the Matrix demo available I doubt it.

Last edited:

CamHostage

You`re seriously understimating what kind of manpower and research, or in short "Budget", it takes to create and refine systems like Lumen or Nanite...

Freelance engineer Chris Kahler is making a Nanite-type system for Unity with Indiegogo money.

True, yes, game technology is complicated and expensive to create (and probably more to maintain), but advancements in this field tend to be based on shared work, and core principles like Nanite are what engineers across the biz have been working towards for a while now. Those 3000 people at Epic include a number of geniuses, but lots of places have a few geniuses, and part of the reason all the rest are there at Epic is to make tools useable enough so that places without geniuses can use this stuff.

Neilg

advancements in this field tend to be based on shared work, and core principles like Nanite are what engineers across the biz have been working towards for a while now.

I would have written a similar post if you hadn't beat me!
From the 3000 staff at epic, people would be astonished to find out how few actually contribute to the engine in a meaningful way.
Autodesk is a fucking mammoth company but the core team that makes 3ds max is tiny.

Doubt.gif when it comes to nanite. Im thinking atleast 5+ years after the 1st true use of nanite a AAA game releases. Spiderman 2 will tip its hat to this.
I disagree for the reason above. 5+ years after the first full nanite game, so 7 years from now - a decade after the tech was fully documented and released as a research paper? No way.

They'll release at a similar time (within 12 months) - I'd put money on it if it was possible.

Last edited:

CGNoire

I would have written a similar post if you hadn't beat me!
From the 3000 staff at epic, people would be astonished to find out how few actually contribute to the engine in a meaningful way.
Autodesk is a fucking mammoth company but the core team that makes 3ds max is tiny.

I disagree for the reason above. 5+ years after the first full nanite game, so 7 years from now - a decade after the tech was fully documented and released as a research paper? No way.

They'll release at a similar time (within 12 months) - I'd put money on it if it was possible.
I hope you are correct and will happily eat a buffet of Crow if it turns out so. Fingers crossed.

CGNoire

You`re seriously understimating what kind of manpower and research, or in short "Budget", it takes to create and refine systems like Lumen or Nanite.
If you went to a CGI company 5 years ago and told them we`d get Reyes like functionality in real time soon they`d have laughed at you.
Epic has ~3000 employees and those aren`t just creating dances for fortnite.
Ofc it could still fall flat on its nose if the promises aren`t kept but with the editor in the open and sth like the Matrix demo available I doubt it.
IKR...Its like others keep down playing what a Herculean R&D accomplishment this was. No one in the AAA engine space has anywhere near the R&D budget Epic has nor will they anytime soon. REYES in realtime was thought to be a pipe dream that pretty much almost zero where looking into seriously and Epic caught them with there pants down and I dont see them catching up anytime soon no matter how much romanticising we do of our favorite dev darlings.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
IKR...Its like others keep down playing what a Herculean R&D accomplishment this was. No one in the AAA engine space has anywhere near the R&D budget Epic has nor will they anytime soon. REYES in realtime was thought to be a pipe dream that pretty much almost zero where looking into seriously and Epic caught them with there pants down and I dont see them catching up anytime soon no matter how much romanticising we do of our favorite dev darlings.
My biggest concern isnt that the devs over at Naughty Dog, GG, Rockstar and Ubisoft can implement these features in their engines, it's that they haven't shown ANYTHING yet. Not even a fake cutscene like ND did with Uncharted 4 back in 2014, and CD Project did with Witcher 3 in 2013.

I remember seeing the very first mesh shader demo way back when pascal cards were released in 2016. Apparently nanite leverages some of that primitive shader/mesh shader tech to improve performance. Well, PS5 only games didnt use primitive shaders, realtime GI let alone ray traced GI.

I think the only guys who got RT GI to work were the Metro exodus devs. Miles, Doom just stuck with reflections while Bluepoint removed RT shadows and Deathloop shipped with RTAO. Thats ONE dev who came even close to matching Lumens we saw in the Matrix demo or even the Software GI we saw in May of 2020 in the PS5 UE5 demo. So 3 years since Epic unveiled their tech and no one from these masters of their craft studios have shown anything even remotely close?

We know that once a game is shown, it will typically take 2-3 years to come out. Assuming stuff from ND, Rockstar and Ubisoft is shown this summer, we are looking at 2026 for their version of Lumens, Nanite etc to come out, and thats basically the penultimate year of the generation. Thats a fucking depressing thought considering its the best case scenario.

P.S Yes, i know spiderman is coming out this year and no, there is just no way Spiderman will be using ray traced GI or nanite or anything even remotely ambitious. Sorry insomniac, but they had a perfect oppurtunity to show off the power of the PS5 and they ended up shipping a native 4k 50 fps game with RT reflections. what a waste.

My biggest concern isnt that the devs over at Naughty Dog, GG, Rockstar and Ubisoft can implement these features in their engines, it's that they haven't shown ANYTHING yet. Not even a fake cutscene like ND did with Uncharted 4 back in 2014, and CD Project did with Witcher 3 in 2013.

I remember seeing the very first mesh shader demo way back when pascal cards were released in 2016. Apparently nanite leverages some of that primitive shader/mesh shader tech to improve performance. Well, PS5 only games didnt use primitive shaders, realtime GI let alone ray traced GI.

I think the only guys who got RT GI to work were the Metro exodus devs. Miles, Doom just stuck with reflections while Bluepoint removed RT shadows and Deathloop shipped with RTAO. Thats ONE dev who came even close to matching Lumens we saw in the Matrix demo or even the Software GI we saw in May of 2020 in the PS5 UE5 demo. So 3 years since Epic unveiled their tech and no one from these masters of their craft studios have shown anything even remotely close?

We know that once a game is shown, it will typically take 2-3 years to come out. Assuming stuff from ND, Rockstar and Ubisoft is shown this summer, we are looking at 2026 for their version of Lumens, Nanite etc to come out, and thats basically the penultimate year of the generation. Thats a fucking depressing thought considering its the best case scenario.

P.S Yes, i know spiderman is coming out this year and no, there is just no way Spiderman will be using ray traced GI or nanite or anything even remotely ambitious. Sorry insomniac, but they had a perfect oppurtunity to show off the power of the PS5 and they ended up shipping a native 4k 50 fps game with RT reflections. what a waste.
Sometimes I wonder why I even have a PS5 and XBSX. We've had some next gen exclusives but man they look so lame. I partially blame the XBSS but GOW Ragnarok, GT7 and HZFW being cross gen is so lame. I paid $550 plus tax for a 4k or a 60FPS patch on ps4 games.

Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart flirt with cgi at times and to date I've never seen a more visually impressive real time rendering than the flamelurker boss arena. That shit looked like a prerendered tech demo or something. Astounding, gives me hope. But still, 2 games that are like 7-10 hr experiences aren't really cutting it for me.

It simply boggles my goddamn mind we have nothing official on the next ps5 showcase. Not even a date. Nothing. Are us enthusiast such a dying breed now? I thought first party titles were pretty mainstream/something to market. Maybe they're content to just sell millions of consoles to casuals who will play PS4 garbage like NHL/NBA/Fifa/Madden/COD/Fortnite/Hogwarts and they realized trying to dazzle gamers isn't worth the marketing cost. Least I got the poor mans Arkham sequel and Starfield coming up I guess.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

It simply boggles my goddamn mind we have nothing official on the next ps5 showcase. Not even a date. Nothing. Are us enthusiast such a dying breed now? I thought first party titles were pretty mainstream/something to market. Maybe they're content to just sell millions of consoles to casuals who will play PS4 garbage like NHL/NBA/Fifa/Madden/COD/Fortnite/Hogwarts and they realized trying to dazzle gamers isn't worth the marketing cost. Least I got the poor mans Arkham sequel and Starfield coming up I guess.
Well, you look at Phil Spencer's GaaS is the future, single player games are not impactful rhetoric from last gen, and Jim's decision to release 12 GaaS games by 2025, and its obvious that the priorities for first party pubs have shifted from trying to release ambitious games in order to sell consoles to maximizing profits anyway possible. That includes shoving subs down our throats, microtransactions, DLCs, and anything that is guaranteed revenue.

Single player games are anything but guaranteed revenue. And even when they sell well, the return on investment might not be 2-3x or whatever they had anticipated. Look at days gone. Probably easily sold 5-8 million and was profitable but not profitable enough for a sequel. So they are working on an online game now. And online games will never be as visually ambitious as single player games. Coop especially has a huge hit on the CPU as we saw recently with Gotham Knights where half of the GPU would just sit there doing nothing because the game was CPU bound during coop. This is why Destiny got literally no upgrade when moving from last gen to next gen only in Destiny 2. they need six players in the same level and there isnt much they can do even if they have the GPU resources available. Notice how they couldnt do 60 fps on mid gen consoles and only went to 60 fps when next gen consoles arrived with way better CPUs.

GG had wanted to make HZD coop but decided not to after seeing the early results come in at a massive cost of graphical fidelity. But that was 2013 and Sony still cared about selling consoles. Now it's about maximizing profits which means GaaS, cross gen even if it means a 80-20 split in favor of next gen, and more multiplatform focus. Getting games on PC is great, but you cant tell me that ND developing TLOU for PC didnt take away resources from their next PS5 only game.

Well, you look at Phil Spencer's GaaS is the future, single player games are not impactful rhetoric from last gen, and Jim's decision to release 12 GaaS games by 2025, and its obvious that the priorities for first party pubs have shifted from trying to release ambitious games in order to sell consoles to maximizing profits anyway possible. That includes shoving subs down our throats, microtransactions, DLCs, and anything that is guaranteed revenue.

Single player games are anything but guaranteed revenue. And even when they sell well, the return on investment might not be 2-3x or whatever they had anticipated. Look at days gone. Probably easily sold 5-8 million and was profitable but not profitable enough for a sequel. So they are working on an online game now. And online games will never be as visually ambitious as single player games. Coop especially has a huge hit on the CPU as we saw recently with Gotham Knights where half of the GPU would just sit there doing nothing because the game was CPU bound during coop. This is why Destiny got literally no upgrade when moving from last gen to next gen only in Destiny 2. they need six players in the same level and there isnt much they can do even if they have the GPU resources available. Notice how they couldnt do 60 fps on mid gen consoles and only went to 60 fps when next gen consoles arrived with way better CPUs.

GG had wanted to make HZD coop but decided not to after seeing the early results come in at a massive cost of graphical fidelity. But that was 2013 and Sony still cared about selling consoles. Now it's about maximizing profits which means GaaS, cross gen even if it means a 80-20 split in favor of next gen, and more multiplatform focus. Getting games on PC is great, but you cant tell me that ND developing TLOU for PC didnt take away resources from their next PS5 only game.
As a passionate gaming hobbyist since I was like 4 or 5 years old thank you for ruining my day lol. It does however seem like the tide may be shifting with the suicide squad meltdown reaction from just about everyone but the most meek of online apologist.

I just hate when we get that rare single player victory story nowadays its garbage like Hogwarts legacy because standards are so astronomically low now.

SlimySnake

As a passionate gaming hobbyist since I was like 4 or 5 years old thank you for ruining my day lol. It does however seem like the tide may be shifting with the suicide squad meltdown reaction from just about everyone but the most meek of online apologist.

I just hate when we get that rare single player victory story nowadays its garbage like Hogwarts legacy because standards are so astronomically low now.
lol hogwarts isnt garbage but i see what you're saying. its so mediocre i just cant get myself to even put it on. And i LOVE the combat, but everything from the story to the world (hogwarts castle is fantastic) is exceptionally boring. I got RE4 three days ago and ended up playing it for 15 hours! Thats a sign of a great SP game.

I think Sonys 12 GaaS games are all going to suffer the same fate as SS. It's too late to cancel those games or make any meaningful changes. They are looter shooters and everyone is going to laugh at them just like they did SS. Factions and Bungie's next IP might be the only exception, but thats probably because they will likely be more PvP oriented chasing the warzone crowd. Horizon looks like dog shit is chasing the fortnite crowd. It will flop worse than Gotham knights.

Horizon-Multiplayer.jpg

pfBsPp4.png

horizon-02.jpg

Just imagine, the most technically proficient studio at sony being forced to create this trash.

lol hogwarts isnt garbage but i see what you're saying. its so mediocre i just cant get myself to even put it on. And i LOVE the combat, but everything from the story to the world (hogwarts castle is fantastic) is exceptionally boring. I got RE4 three days ago and ended up playing it for 15 hours! Thats a sign of a great SP game.

I think Sonys 12 GaaS games are all going to suffer the same fate as SS. It's too late to cancel those games or make any meaningful changes. They are looter shooters and everyone is going to laugh at them just like they did SS. Factions and Bungie's next IP might be the only exception, but thats probably because they will likely be more PvP oriented chasing the warzone crowd. Horizon looks like dog shit is chasing the fortnite crowd. It will flop worse than Gotham knights.

Horizon-Multiplayer.jpg

pfBsPp4.png

horizon-02.jpg

Just imagine, the most technically proficient studio at sony being forced to create this trash.
But wait until you hear about the Horizon Editor that lets you make your own game inside the Horizon Metaverse!
Like creating a Mecha Dinosaur Racer or a Battle Royale! You are only limited by your own imagination!

Between your posts and Slimy's my day is ruined too. What really bugs me though is how many gamers are willing to delude themselves, settle, and downright defend Sony and Microsoft (plus all the other devs and pubs that have lowered their standards this gen).

Yeah. Think of what Demon's Souls accomplished 2 years before Sony Santa Montica did with Ragnarok puts things into perspective. Not to mention the insanely dumb design choices in the name of "accessibility" found in Ragnarok- where a studio of that caliber thought it was a good idea to remove any and all challenge from puzzles by having Atreus and Mimir tell us how to solve them. Stuff like that and this GasS future from Sony paints a bleak picture of where the rest of this gen is heading.

Sometimes I wonder why I even have a PS5 and XBSX. We've had some next gen exclusives but man they look so lame. I partially blame the XBSS but GOW Ragnarok, GT7 and HZFW being cross gen is so lame. I paid $550 plus tax for a 4k or a 60FPS patch on ps4 games.

Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart flirt with cgi at times and to date I've never seen a more visually impressive real time rendering than the flamelurker boss arena. That shit looked like a prerendered tech demo or something. Astounding, gives me hope. But still, 2 games that are like 7-10 hr experiences aren't really cutting it for me.

Horizon Forbidden West looks wayyy better than Demon Souls…Idk why people think it looks sooo good, because of some tessellation? Character models are lousy and the environments are barely anything special.

SlimySnake

GG made a brand new cloud system for Horizon Burning Shores DLC now that they didnt have to target PS4 specs. Basically doing what 2010 era CG movies were doing with actual cloud simulations.

Results are fucking insane.

giphy.gif

52768780595_f27cdf6c3a_4k.jpg

52767826912_6a2f03c087_4k.jpg

Lots of technical detail im too stupid to understand but this is the second time a Sony dev has given me that next gen feeling when it comes to features only possible on next gen. With Ratchet's level switching being the first.
In the early 2010s, feature film and animation VFX started using volumetric rendering to create clouds. For video games, this technique took too long to render with high-quality results at interactive framerates, but developers knew it held game-changing potential.
For the sequel, Andrew and Nathan upgraded the rendering quality of the base system used in Zero Dawn, expanding it to support a new fog-like cloud that the player could fly through at low altitudes. This allowed for awe-inspiring atmospherics, like a superstorm with sinister vortex motion and internal lightning effects. Now, the clouds were a character of their own, rumbling with atmospheric tension.
Naturally, the next step was to continue innovating this system for Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores. For the expansion, the team has elevated the experience using voxel technology, among many other technical improvements throughout the world.

“The cloud systems that we developed for Horizon Zero Dawn and Horizon Forbidden West were fast because they didn’t store clouds as 3D objects, but rather instructions on creating 3D clouds from limited 2D information. The PlayStation 5 can handle larger datasets. So, after Forbidden West wrapped, we set to work writing a voxel cloud renderer prototype that could live up to our standards for quality, and actually allow the player to fly through highly detailed cloud formations.”
Andrew had created what he called “Frankencloudscapes” — large cloud formations so that the sky could be treated like as a landscape would by a terrain modeler. As a result, the cloudscape acted as both a background element and an environment to explore.

To make this work at the scale needed for Burning Shores, a strike team at Guerrilla tackled the challenge of flying through clouds – the real test of performance and quality. Andrew teamed up with Nathan and brought in Hugh Malan, a Senior Principal Tech Programmer.

The first hurdle they encountered was deeply technical: how do you handle a huge quantity of volumetric voxel data?

“Hugh and I divided this issue to conquer it. I developed a way to take low-detail voxel data and add detail during rendering. Meanwhile, Hugh worked on compressing the data so it could be accessed faster from memory. Together, these processes made rendering Volumetric Voxel Clouds exponentially faster.”

“But it still wasn’t fast enough,” Andrew recalls. “The costliest part of this process was calculating cloud lighting, which, in itself, is complicated. To get around this, Nathan engineered a method to reduce rendering time to a speed that would work for both standard and high frame rate modes.”

“This was also one of those rare situations where an optimization produced a better visual result. It allowed us to cast cloud-to-cloud shadows over a much larger distance, improving realism. At this point, we had a method to render volumetric clouds from the ground and in the air, right up next to them.”

“It was important to us to make the experience fun and joyful on its own outside of the main gameplay. The clouds are not simply immersive scenery but an explorable landscape in themselves. Among the clouds, players will be able to explore tunnels, caves, and other surprises that make for fun flying,” says Andrew.
The second challenge was balancing. “There is a dance that real-time graphics engineers do to balance quality and performance,” Andrew continues. “Quality usually comes at a ‘cost’ in terms of processing. So, every time we improve the quality of our clouds, we need to do so in a way that costs either as much as, or less than, the current cost of the cloud system.”

To find this balance, Senior Principal Tech Programmer and graphics engineer James McLaren helped the team understand how the code behaved at a low level on the PlayStation hardware itself. His expertise allowed them to take full advantage of the hardware by optimizing code for the PlayStation 5. “James’ contributions were fundamental in the early stages of development, allowing Guerrilla to push the boundaries during production,” recalls Andrew.

M1987

GG made a brand new cloud system for Horizon Burning Shores DLC now that they didnt have to target PS4 specs. Basically doing what 2010 era CG movies were doing with actual cloud simulations.

Results are fucking insane.

giphy.gif

52768780595_f27cdf6c3a_4k.jpg

52767826912_6a2f03c087_4k.jpg

Lots of technical detail im too stupid to understand but this is the second time a Sony dev has given me that next gen feeling when it comes to features only possible on next gen. With Ratchet's level switching being the first.

That looks fucking incredible

SlimySnake

I love how when these incredibly talented engineers encounter a problem and end up not just fixing the issue but GAINING performance.

“Hugh and I divided this issue to conquer it. I developed a way to take low-detail voxel data and add detail during rendering. Meanwhile, Hugh worked on compressing the data so it could be accessed faster from memory. Together, these processes made rendering Volumetric Voxel Clouds exponentially faster.”

“But it still wasn’t fast enough,” Andrew recalls. “The costliest part of this process was calculating cloud lighting, which, in itself, is complicated. To get around this, Nathan engineered a method to reduce rendering time to a speed that would work for both standard and high frame rate modes.”

“This was also one of those rare situations where an optimization produced a better visual result. It allowed us to cast cloud-to-cloud shadows over a much larger distance, improving realism. At this point, we had a method to render volumetric clouds from the ground and in the air, right up next to them.”
Reminds me of how Insomniac managed to DOUBLE the ray traced reflection resolution from 1080p to 4kcb just by trying to optimize. Ray traced reflections have been a thing since 2018 with very talented devs from DICE to Remedy taking a stab at it but it wasnt until Insmoniac came along did we see that level of programming ingenuity. Console devs are just built different.

P.S Big shout out to ID software's ray tracing implementation in Doom too. 1800p 60 fps with RT reflections on AMD console hardware is insane in such a high paced shooter. There is still talent at these companies. just let them work on next gen tech please.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
GG are coming for that graphics throne. Running circles around most others. Their EFFORT is paying off.

I imagine the boss battle in the game will melt fucking eyeballs.

My god, imagine they used this cloud/sky tech and made a flight game. Give me a fucking Top Gun successor made by GG.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
GG are coming for that graphics throne. Running circles around most others. Their EFFORT is paying off.

My god, imagine they used this cloud/sky tech and made a flight game. Give me a fucking Top Gun successor made by GG.

giphy.gif
There is already a flight game with better clouds and it even has the Top Gun DLC. We don't need another one, let them focus on games like Killzone and Horizon or a new ip.
9ea30e36a9c44d43b704daf9eeb0dff487d30a45.gif

SolidFalseHypacrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Thats really impressive for a game like Horizon, the clouds look close to MFS while doing all the other impressive things on the ground. It was already the best looking game on console and now with all those upgrades it looks even better. Also notice the speed that thing is flying, its much faster than the base game.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
There is already a flight game with better clouds and it even has the Top Gun DLC. We don't need another one, let them focus on games like Killzone and Horizon or a new ip.

Thats really impressive for a game like Horizon, the clouds look close to MFS while doing all the other impressive things on the ground. It was already the best looking game on console and now with all those upgrades it looks even better. Also notice the speed that thing is flying, its much faster than the base game.
These are definitely the best two skies in gaming.

Forgot about the Top Gun DLC.

But thats a simulator. Give me something more stylized. With action involved. Combat. Chases. Missiles. A story. etc.

giphy.gif

Give me this by GG.

Last edited:

CGNoire

giphy.gif
There not as High Res but Ace Combat 7 has Volumetric Clouds as its main Gameplay Feature. There pretty neat yet lower voxel res.

CGNoire

Not to mention one of those gifs looks fun why the other game looks about as fun a watching grass grow.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I love how when these incredibly talented engineers encounter a problem and end up not just fixing the issue but GAINING performance.

Reminds me of how Insomniac managed to DOUBLE the ray traced reflection resolution from 1080p to 4kcb just by trying to optimize. Ray traced reflections have been a thing since 2018 with very talented devs from DICE to Remedy taking a stab at it but it wasnt until Insmoniac came along did we see that level of programming ingenuity. Console devs are just built different.

P.S Big shout out to ID software's ray tracing implementation in Doom too. 1800p 60 fps with RT reflections on AMD console hardware is insane in such a high paced shooter. There is still talent at these companies. just let them work on next gen tech please.

Hopefully they didn't wasted all the rendering budget on fucking clouds.

I want textures all around that are as good as nanite mountain demo or the korean game with the monkey king.

SlimySnake

Hopefully they didn't wasted all the rendering budget on fucking clouds.

I want textures all around that are as good as nanite mountain demo or the korean game with the monkey king.
textures are going to be the same. they made this part of the base game instead of its own sku so it will be running on the same code, same engine. i highly doubt they would repackage the entire game with new textures.

GymWolf

Gold Member
textures are going to be the same. they made this part of the base game instead of its own sku so it will be running on the same code, same engine. i highly doubt they would repackage the entire game with new textures.
I can't say i'm disappointed because i knew the game still has old gen roots, i really don't consider clouds a major improvement, 80% of the game is still gonna be on on land or inside buildings.

Top Bottom