• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Ferr986

You get the Work Clothes (tank top) from getting Dusty Tokens. Share your pictures, find treasure, send challenges out to random people, and soon enough you will be getting enough Dusty Tokens.

Holy shit @ Chapter
tho. No way this could have been done on a Vita.

how do you do that? I only uploaded random pics (that no one voted yet :() and upload pics of treasures (after randomly getting pics from other people).

EDIT: Oh, top page. Well, here's Kat being Kat

DB53g7L.jpg

Karu

Those newspaper trials are sure.., something. *barfs* lol Getting the hang of the gliding mechanic is a struggle, but it's worth it. Its only been a few month since i played Remastered, but just missed this.

Also really like the Online options.

Dunno if it matters, saw some mentions, but i got all the costumes although Remastered itself is long since deinstalled.

how do you do that? I only uploaded random pics (that no one voted yet :() and upload pics of treasures (after randomly getting pics from other people).

If you go into settings you can have it so photos automatically upload. Then it's just a waiting game for someone to find a ghost of you in their game and rate your picture.

The treasure stuff is good too, as a random person can get your picture and if they find the treasure then you get rewarded.

Currently on Episode 3, but after playing the game for ~2 hours I started feeling nauseous and had to stop. Never had any problems with GD1 - I'm guessing it's probably because of the big TV.

I really hope this doesn't happen again, because if so, I don't think I can keep playing.
Two hours sounds like a good time to take a break. I usually take short breaks every hour when gaming in general. When I remember to, anyway.

jacobeid

Banned
Can't play till Friday night.

Come oooooon Friday night.

This is me as well. The timing worked out where my typical M-F work schedule got shifted to Tuesday-Saturday because of a Board meeting. Hoping to relax all weekend and spend some time with Kat.

I'm also going to adopt another cat tomorrow so....

ClearData

I haven't even got my copy yet and I'm not ready for Gravity Rush 2 to be the last one. I need this to sell enough to encourage a new series in this universe!

I think I would be fine with Gravity Rush 3 coming on PS5. The wait would make me appreciate it even more, PS5 tech would allow it to look/perform great and they would significantly change the formula up and that is exciting to me too.

Let Toyama get the creative juices flowing in another direction for the rest of the PS4 era.

sora87

My copy has ARRIVED friends :D

I think this is the first retail game I've played on my ps4 that doesn't have a day one patch :eek:

darkwing

I haven't even got my copy yet and I'm not ready for Gravity Rush 2 to be the last one. I need this to sell enough to encourage a new series in this universe!

sadly, it must top the NPD or something like that for it to happen, I bought it digitally , can't wait for tomorrow

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Two hours sounds like a good time to take a break. I usually take short breaks every hour when gaming in general. When I remember to, anyway.
This never happens to me even after longer gaming sessions, so it makes me sad. And it didn't went away right after. : (

Miggy

Just finished Episode 2. The mining missions are pretty dope. GR2 looks so colorful compared to the original it's crazy, and don't even get me started on how the menu looks. Beautiful game all around.

ClearData

sadly, it must top the NPD or something like that for it to happen, I bought it digitally , can't wait for tomorrow

I have hope. I mean, Gravity Rush was set to become a cult classic on the Vita, and nothing more. Sony had the desire, from where it came from I don't know, to green light a PS4 sequel and even a great anime short film.

So I think if the fan base stays vocal we will see another game someday. Maybe for the PS5.

GR3 seems like it'll depend on new hardware more than anything else

“It’s still a blank slate, but I feel like I’ve put my all into it this time, so if I make a sequel, I want it to be something new. For example, if there was new hardware that allows for a new way to express things, then I may want to make it.”

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/gravity-rush-2-director-talks-raven-dlc-series-future-next-title

Anung

Un Rama
I genuinely want to support this so we get more but I've slapped my money down for RE7 and Yakuza Zero so now I'm skint.

Strings

It's a long shot, but anyone know how to complete the dog side mission (Things I hate, things I like)? I'm not sure what calling it over even does.

jacobeid

Banned
It actually ran at 720x408 and was then upscaled to 544p. The image quality was terrible as a result

And yet you get people still upset that this isn't a Vita exclusive.

"I wish this game were worse than it is!!!!"

Proud Vita owner here.

Edit: the impressions below are killing me. I can't wait until tomorrow.

Omggggg. Played a good hour or so earlier before tea, SO GOOD. The intro is really cool, very unexpected. Everything seems to play better now. Movement, combat, dodging (especially dodging, always had real trouble remembering that in the vita version) and of ocurse it is gorgeous, which makes falling through the sky so good to see. I think I need to rewatch the overture, even though I watched it before, I can't for the life of me remember how it ended and how it connects to this. First game in awhile I can't wait to get peace and quiet to play :)

mollipen

It actually ran at 720x408 and was then upscaled to 544p. The image quality was terrible as a result

No way! I really loved how the game looked, because it almost had a 2D pixel-y visual thing going on. I'd never say that I wished the series had stayed on the Vita, but how the game looked still has a special place in my heart.

Paskil

My copy shipped yesterday. I let my Prime expire, but I ordered it back in July so I still got the Prime price and shipping. Blargh, can't wait for this. Probably my second most anticipated game of the year (after RDR2, assuming it's 2017).

You don't think they explained Lunar Style well in the demo?

I don't remember any explanation about the rocket launcher (not sure how is the english name)
This one:
M4hnOCz.gif

Or how you can wall jump. The first one dramatically improves the traversal and is a lot of fun.

So are the side missions terrible? Just fetch quests? I'll gladly skip em all.

They are...decent to good. They improved the variety, and you can see they tried to avoid the repetition the first one suffered. But I feel they often drag for too long and some of them just don't work very well (the stealth ones).

They still mantain that cute sillyness for the first one in terms of story.

Flandy

No way! I really loved how the game looked, because it almost had a 2D pixel-y visual thing going on. I'd never say that I wished the series had stayed on the Vita, but how the game looked still has a special place in my heart.

Is this Stockholm syndrome

silva1991

OMG

Lunar Style is a gamechanger, they should have put a better tutorial on the demo. IS SO FUUUUUUN.

And it should be an earlier unlock.

It it wasn't for one side quests, I wouldn't have known about that vertical wall jump( I only know about superman wall jumps from the demo)

And if it wasn't for one talisman's description, I wouldn't have known about that Sonic like air rolling move.

such an amazing style.

You don't think they explained Lunar Style well in the demo?

They didn't. Demo just said that It's easier to hit some enemies with that style... and that's it lol.

mcz117chief

so how does this compare to the first one? I'm only part way through but I like it very much. How different or similar are the two games? Most importantly the combat, is it improved?

Kindekuma

Banned
I don't remember any explanation about the rocket launcher (not sure how is the english name)
This one:
M4hnOCz.gif

Or how you can wall jump. The first one dramatically improves the traversal and is a lot of fun.

Press forward and X at the same time from a standing position. You'll run and do the superman jump.

I recorded this from the demo yesterday.

PO0YdT3.gif

Top Bottom