• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRID 2 |OT?| Lots of Pre order bonuses!

Forums are down indefinitely. Good job codies :rolleyes:
Yeah I think they were contracted out to a 3rd party and they're not using them anymore.

By the way I hear the PS3 version of the game will be a free PS+ Game next month here in the US. I'll finally get around to playing it.

Curufinwe

I got this thru PS+ and am enjoying it a lot so far, but the only guy on my friends list who played it is a Finnish super driver who destroys all my best times. So if anyone wants to add me on PSN I'd appreciate some more realistic competition.

Mascot

Picked this up for a tenner recently and it seems like decent fun, but checking out the DLC I see that Spa and Bathurst are listed. Is this the only way to unlock these tracks, with real-world money?

Also, how do I get to race some nice European supercars? Getting bored of American muscle and Japanese drift.

Aerocrane

Picked this up for a tenner recently and it seems like decent fun, but checking out the DLC I see that Spa and Bathurst are listed. Is this the only way to unlock these tracks, with real-world money?

Also, how do I get to race some nice European supercars? Getting bored of American muscle and Japanese drift.

Tier 4 is the one with supercars. Spa and Bathurst were added to the game after release and have to be bought in order to race on them. I don't know if the tracks are actually any good since I haven't bought them myself.

Mascot

Tier 4 is the one with supercars. Spa and Bathurst were added to the game after release and have to be bought in order to race on them. I don't know if the tracks are actually any good since I haven't bought them myself.
Ah, thanks. I'll hang on for a flash sale I think.

schwupp

how is the online car buying thingie balanced - will i have enough money fast enough to buy whatever or do i have to buy specific cars to be competitive?

TJP

Grid 2 is currently 75% off on Steam which means it might just be worth buying. It's reassuring to see Codies love of DLC has never ceased:

GRID 2 - Headstart Pack ,
GRID 2 - Super Modified Pack,
GRID 2 - Peak Performance Pack,
GRID 2 - Drift Pack,
GRID 2 - McLaren Racing Pack ,
GRID 2 - GTR Racing Pack ,
GRID 2 - IndyCar Pack ,
GRID 2 - Spa-Francorchamps Track Pack,
GRID 2 - Bathurst Track Pack,
GRID 2 - Classic GRID Pack

DLC is 66% off on Steam too meaning the total cost of the game is $24.38 USD

Shaneus

Jesus, that's bloody pathetic. Absolutely shameful.

So, where do we go if we want some kind of FORUM to discuss things Codemasters? I bet their community website is still down.

TJP

So, where do we go if we want some kind of FORUM to discuss things Codemasters? I bet their community website is still down.
You may well be an oracle:

Our current forum supplier contract has come to an end, and we are re-evaluating how best we can integrate our community platform and channels with other online services such as RaceNet. Until then, please keep in touch with us via Facebook / Twitter where it’s business as usual.

Vitten

how is the online car buying thingie balanced - will i have enough money fast enough to buy whatever or do i have to buy specific cars to be competitive?

Most players suck bad and will be more preoccupied with crashing into you than actually racing so if you upgrade your starter car and stick to racing you'll get podiums no problem.

That said the ultra light cars with good grip like the Atom or the Caterham absolutely smoke the competition and those won't be available until you have a high level. Kinda unfair that a level 30 guy can get his hands on these and run circles around your crap starter Honda NSX but that's the way it is...

schwupp

Most players suck bad and will be more preoccupied with crashing into you than actually racing so if you upgrade your starter car and stick to racing you'll get podiums no problem.

That said the ultra light cars with good grip like the Atom or the Caterham absolutely smoke the competition and those won't be available until you have a high level. Kinda unfair that a level 30 guy can get his hands on these and run circles around your crap starter Honda NSX but that's the way it is...

ya - i noticed the crashing :-(

is there any matchmaking option with pre-set cars which would prevent your described problem?

TheBear

Grid 2 is currently on a daily sale for $10. Are there track packs worthwhile? Do they add any SP content or are they just for multiplayer?

Aerocrane

Grid 2 is currently on a daily sale for $10. Are there track packs worthwhile? Do they add any SP content or are they just for multiplayer?

They don't add anything to the single player career. You can race them in custom events against AI and in multiplayer. The track packs also add some cars. Like all other DLC cars, they can only be used online if the lobby host also owns the DLC.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Game is still going fairly strong in the online multiplayer activity for PC, and rightfully so. Was worth it at full price but for $10 it's criminal not to own it.

Aerocrane

Game is still going fairly strong in the online multiplayer activity for PC, and rightfully so. Was worth it at full price but for $10 it's criminal not to own it.

It really depends where you are. It is stupid that they restrict the matchmaking based on the download region selected in the Steam client. Changing the download region to UK - London does help though.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How's the car/track variety of the base game? Really tempted to get this but with the insane amount of DLC I'm afraid that they cut a lot of content to DLC-milk the game. Should I wait for a better deal of the Reloaded Edition that includes everything?

Aerocrane

How's the car/track variety of the base game? Really tempted to get this but with the insane amount of DLC I'm afraid that they cut a lot of content to DLC-milk the game. Should I wait for a better deal of the Reloaded Edition that includes everything?

The DLC is just extra cars and tracks which you probably won't be able to use outside of custom events in multiplayer. If you just want to play the standard playlist mode multiplayer you will do just fine without any of the DLC, but many of the custom event lobbies do use DLC. There's a bit of a lack of track variety in my opinion, but there are many different variations of every track. The DLC cars aren't really necessary either and you will do just fine with the other cars available. You might have worse matchmaking if you don't have any of the DLC because as time goes on more of the playerbase consists of people who own the DLC.

jett

D-Member
I'm bumping this solely to bring up that I fucking hate the everliving shit out of the person responsible for the Mercedes SL65 AMG vehicle challenge.

Big of a masssssssssssive bump here guys (sorry) - but does any kind soul have the Bathurst and Spa DLCs and would you be willing to take ten minutes out to help me get the two online trophies for these DLCs? The community is pretty dead (particularly DLC-wise) and I'm really struggling.

If so, give me a shout on PS: PrisonMikeScott - much appreciated if you can help (please!) :)

Top Bottom