• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRID: Autosport |OT| Zippin' Up My Boots, Goin' Back To My Roots, Yeah

Aerocrane

iGd0Wse383iun.jpg

i9U45NTWcKDLj.jpg

Developer: Codemasters Racing Studio
Publisher: Bandai-Namco
Platforms: PS3, Xbox 360 & PC (DRM: Steamworks)
Release dates:
NA – 24th of June
ROW – 27th of June
PC System Requirements
Supported Wheels and Controllers
Achievement List
The Cars of GRID Autosport
GRID Autosport Track List
WebM? WebM.
iX9Na0mk8wVo1.jpg

After a brief sidestep to the arcades, Codemasters beloved racing franchise GRID is back with another sequel that promises a more
realistic approach on racing. GRID Autosport features 22 locations, providing a healthy mix of fan favourites and new courses. Speaking
of fan favourites, the cockpit view makes a return alongside the controversial "Flashback" system that has become a series staple. The
new handling model will require more precision with increased emphasis on driving lines while still remaining accessible enough for new
players to grasp. Introduction of wear and tear on cars adds another layer of realism as more rugged cars start to lose performance
unless repaired and maintained. Besides just rugged looks, with the livery creator you can modify your car's looks to your liking.
Autosport covers a wide variety of racing disciplines with cars grouped accordingly. From physical racing with touring cars
to careful precision driving with open-wheel racers there are a variety of racing styles to be enjoyed by all. On the multiplayer side of things,
the introduction of Clubs makes RaceNet social, allowing you to compare progress, compete with other players in the club on a leaderboard
and battle with other clubs for leaderboard positions. To make clubs more unique, they can have custom liveries and you can find large clubs
that compete for overall dominance and specialized clubs that compete in one discipline only.
iVDkV1CauDHlJ.jpg

Click on the logos for more information on each discipline.
While the new clubs work similarly to teams in multiplayer, in the singleplayer you will be facing many prestigious racing teams while trying to
lead your team of choice to glory. Ravenwest Motorsport are a legendary team that has a established presence in all disciplines. They are known
for their dominating performance across all disciplines, so you'll be facing a real challenge going against their best. Monster Energy Racing
concentrate on street racing, running heavily modified versions of a variety of sports cars. Team KICKER race in more traditional disciplines,
emphasizing the skillful precision required to succeed in traditional circuit tours. Oakley Motorsport have invested both in the grassroots and
the highest tiers of a variety of racing disciplines. They have put their faith in developing young drivers, making them a formidable but somewhat
unpredictable team.
inOiEqeVFQSee.jpg

Click on the image to see the full track list.
ibjj7KTjxC13IJ.jpg

Gamersyde has 60FPS gameplay and trailers for the game.
Launch Trailer YouTube|Gamersyde
Discipline Focus // Touring YouTube|Gamersyde
Discipline Focus // Endurance YouTube|Gamersyde
Discipline Focus // Open Wheel YouTube
Discipline Focus // Tuner YouTube
Discipline Focus // Street YouTube
Screenshots!
ik49dxQV8G3V7.jpg

Eurogamer - 7/10
IGN - 8.3/10
PC Gamer - 86/100
CVG - 9/10
TeamVVV - 8/10
Gamereactor UK - 7/10
GamesRadar - 4.5/5
GameSpot - 6/10
Edge - 9/10
iba8MJThxaXpVp.jpg

Clubs in GRID Autosport are platform specific, and we currently have a club on the PC version. If clubs are created for the console versions,
let me know and I'll add them here. You can be a member of multiple clubs at once, but you can have only one club's tag active. Hopefully we
should be able to organize community races through the clubs.

PC Club - NeoGAF Racing [GAF]

Thanks to amar212 for the title suggestion and to CodiesLoore for being an awesome Community Manager and providing me with assets.

Great job on the OT :) Can't wait to get stuck in to this, in the mood for a racing game and the first two Grid games were great. Cockpit cam ftw too!

Lego Boss

Nice OT. Good to see last gen still getting some love.

First day one since GTA V for me. It better be good with the world cup been so great this year . . . .

Aerocrane

Wooo OT is here! I'll have my VPN up tonight so I can unlock :D.

Edit: How do we join the PC Club?

Nice OP! Add me to the PC Club please!

I think that the Autosport section of RaceNet is restricted right now, Megasoum created the club as he has early access to the game, and we need to wait until release to be able to join.

Regarding the PC release, it seems that only console versions are releasing on the 24th in North America.
ilxXpxcY3dH2g.PNG

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/647/the-i-purchased-autosport-thread/p13

Megasoum

Banned
Wooo OT is here! I'll have my VPN up tonight so I can unlock :D.

Edit: How do we join the PC Club?

I guess I will be handling that since I created it. You can apply directly to the club on racenet (I think you need to play the game once to have access to the GridA section of racenet). Once you applied post in here with your racenetid so that I can confirm that the person who applied is really a Gaf member.

Regarding the PC release, it seems that only console versions are releasing on the 24th in North America.
ilxXpxcY3dH2g.PNG

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/647/the-i-purchased-autosport-thread/p13

WTF...

Everdred

I would buy this but I got burnt on GRID 2. Bought it at release on PC, no one was playing online 3 weeks later (US). This is going to be even worse. It has less hype and its releasing during the Steam sale, it will be forgotten quickly. Its unfortunate, as GRID is a great series.

The_Monk

Great OT Aerocrane, I'll be checking it out every now and then since I'll have to wait to get the Steam version. One of my most wanted games right here.

Have fun, everyone! :)

MJLord

I guess I will be handling that since I created it. You can apply directly to the club on racenet (I think you need to play the game once to have access to the GridA section of racenet). Once you applied post in here with your racenetid so that I can confirm that the person who applied is really a Gaf member.

Mint I'll be back here on the Friday or Saturday by the looks of it.

MJLord

So guys what Discipline are we all going to be hopping into first?

For me it's got to be Open Wheel. There's something about trying to shave 10th's of seconds off a lap by experimenting with different lines. Not to mention the wheel to wheel nature of it.

Lego Boss

So guys what Discipline are we all going to be hopping into first?

For me it's got to be Open Wheel. There's something about trying to shave 10th's of seconds off a lap by experimenting with different lines. Not to mention the wheel to wheel nature of it.

Gotta be Touring for me. Love the idea of trading paint and scraping bumpers. Open wheel is for later in the game for me (although it seems as if recent games e.g. PCars are moving away from the traditional start slowly, go fast later model).

We've asked Valve to push it lives for North America tomorrow (24th).

This message should override any previous release date questions about PC :)

Great OT Aerocrane, thanks!

Thanks Megasoum :)

MJLord

We've asked Valve to push it lives for North America tomorrow (24th).

This message should override any previous release date questions about PC :)

Great OT Aerocrane, thanks!

Thanks Megasoum :)

Loore you're the man! You got any time this week to join us for a race?

Can't wait to play this. :) I'll also be doing a Let's Play of the game (first racing one I've done but definitely far from my first racing game) so I'm looking forward to jumping into open wheel or touring first.

gragy10

Very hyped indeed for this - will be all over the PC online game soon as my d/l finishes this weekend.
Bring on the GAF club!

dubc35

I am being conservative with my hype meter; really interested to see GAF impressions when it comes out.

edit, great OT too!

MaxiLive

I would say its around that depending on what sim you are comparing it to, maybe slightly more to the arcade side of things :p

The handling has the a similar depth of a sim but is defiantly far more forgiving which makes for exciting racers against other cars rather than yourself. If you are looking for the sim style racing I wouldn't go for it personally as you are bound to be disappointed, if you are looking for some fun action packed racing that works well with a wheel and has a lot of variety then it will be worth it :D

Jibbed

I would say its around that depending on what sim you are comparing it to, maybe slightly more to the arcade side of things :p

The handling has the a similar depth of a sim but is defiantly far more forgiving which makes for exciting racers against other cars rather than yourself. If you are looking for the sim style racing I wouldn't go for it personally as you are bound to be disappointed, if you are looking for some fun action packed racing that works well with a wheel and has a lot of variety then it will be worth it :D

That's what I've been looking for since playing GRID 1 online and before that, the TOCA series. Sounds good!

Branson

Please tell me there is some sort of career sponsor progression in SP. I'll be very disappointed if for some reason that's regulated to MP for some weird reason. I don't really care for MP because I have iRacing for that.

Megasoum

Banned
Please tell me there is some sort of career sponsor progression in SP. I'll be very disappointed if for some reason that's regulated to MP for some weird reason. I don't really care for MP because I have iRacing for that.

Well... There is sponsors in the career for sure... Not sure I can say much more until tomorrow.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh jeez lol. Ok. It's not the end of the world but I did enjoy that about grid 2.

Well I haven't played Grid 1 in years and haven'T really touched Grid 2.

I can say that it's not how I remember Grid 1 working as far as sponsor goes. Not sure if it's actually closer to Grid2.

Branson

Well I haven't played Grid 1 in years and haven'T really touched Grid 2.

I can say that it's not how I remember Grid 1 working as far as sponsor goes. Not sure if it's actually closer to Grid2.
You would pick from a set of sponsors and they each had objectives and you had a few different preset liveries you could choose from to put them on your car.

Megasoum

Banned
FYI there's a 25% off code floating around for GMG that works on Grid A. Use the code: APIZS9-460INI-BL4WZ9 to get 25% off.

Also they just confirmed on Twitter that they will send the keys for the 24th for NA.

You would pick from a set of sponsors and they each had objectives and you had a few different preset liveries you could choose from to put them on your car.

Yeah that's how it works in Grid A

C-PK

Neo Member
This sounds like it could be fun. Might have to get in on this. Is there to be an Irish/Uk/euro GAF club?

Top Bottom