• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time - Vita Compatible! |OT|

I don't think they have to honor a release date for this. Amazon.ca shipped my order earlier already.

You might want to look around for it somewhere before the 31.

PN0dl.jpg

huh interesting.

Shipping Estimate July 27 2012
Delivery Estimate: July 31 2012 - Aug 1 2012

That's what it's saying on my order.

Vamphuntr

huh interesting.

Shipping Estimate July 27 2012
Delivery Estimate: July 31 2012 - Aug 1 2012

That's what it's saying on my order.

That's what mine was saying except the shipping estimate was July 25 2012. For some reason they sent it via UPS even if I chose super saver shipping.

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member
I'll buy it when I can play it on the Vita.

What I really want is Growlanser 1, though. Restoring my Vita to factory settings to play it is a PITA.

Does G4's Tipi (Piti, whatever) still have the Tipi-chan Kick?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well gamestop/ebgames Canada still has the game listed for the 31st but some third party sellers on Amazon have the game too. Seems like Amazon flipped the wrong switch :)
Daaaarrrrnnnn... should've placed an order with Amazon instead of preordering at EB.

I can definitely wait a week, though.

I pre-ordered my copy through a local independent retailer, and I just got a message that they have my copy. Gonna pick it up tomorrow. :D

I'm in Canada, so it looks like the early release is legit.

Went to go get my copy today, but the manager of the store said one of the employees made a mistake in calling me since they aren't supposed to release the game until Tuesday.

He was gonna sell it to me anyway, but I told him I didn't want to get him in trouble due to an error (I've known the manager for awhile) so I told him I'd just come back on Tuesday.

It took a lot of will power to say that, but I've waited this long, so I can wait a few more days.

Aeana

Went to go get my copy today, but the manager of the store said one of the employees made a mistake in calling me since they aren't supposed to release the game until Tuesday.

He was gonna sell it to me anyway, but I told him I didn't want to get him in trouble due to an error (I've known the manager for awhile) so I told him I'd just come back on Tuesday.

It took a lot of will power to say that, but I've waited this long, so I can wait a few more days.
Man. And here I am about to buy Nayuta on PSN because I'm tired of waiting for my physical copy to ship.
I will try my best to follow your example. (._. )

Man. And here I am about to buy Nayuta on PSN because I'm tired of waiting for my physical copy to ship.
I will try my best to follow your example. (._. )
I've got a few things to wrap up is some other games, so I'm gonna focus on that. I'm not going to let myself start GIV until I've finished the games I'm currently playing anyway.

The best way for me not to focus on a particular game, is to distract myself with other ones.

Vamphuntr

So I guess it's possible to get the Raimy like familiar from GS3 easily in this? In the PS2 version you needed a save from GS3. I want that one >.>

Aeana

I've got a few things to wrap up is some other games, so I'm gonna focus on that. I'm not going to let myself start GIV until I've finished the games I'm currently playing anyway.

The best way for me not to focus on a particular game, is to distract myself with other ones.
I sadly have no other games to play. Oh well.

Now I'm not gonna lie, on the 31st I will be so knee deep in Kingdom Hearts I likely will do nothing but pick this UP....still, looking forward to it!

Art aside >.>

Shouta

How does the pairing system work? Is it just a different name for romances?

Just a different name for romances but romances kind of implies exclusiveness which isn't the case. Relationships with various characters don't overlap so. Also, there are several male characters that have stories in it too that aren't of the romantic kind so Pairing is probably more apt.

Just a different name for romances but romances kind of implies exclusiveness which isn't the case. Relationships with various characters don't overlap so. Also, there are several male characters that have stories in it too that aren't of the romantic kind so Pairing is probably more apt.
Do any of the male pairings have any sort of romantic under/overtones? Or are are they all just platonic friendships?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
So can you get with the twins? I've only played about half of the PS2 version.

Shouta

Do any of the male pairings have any sort of romantic under/overtones? Or are are they all just platonic friendships?

Mostly platonic though I guess you could read it in that sort of yaoi way if you want to really go off on it. That kind of pairing isn't exactly uncommon in GL anyway (GL1 and GL5 being most prominent) so it's kind of up to the player and how they view it. Though, those are often NPCs rather than player characters.

Mostly platonic though I guess you could read it in that sort of yaoi way if you want to really go off on it. That kind of pairing isn't exactly uncommon in GL anyway (GL1 and GL5 being most prominent) so it's kind of up to the player and how they view it. Though, those are often NPCs rather than player characters.
I thought it would be something like that. Well, I guess I'll just friendship the hell out of them then.

Hopefully, if/when we get a Growlanser VII, they'll have some full-fledged gay romance options. It's not like Urushihara hasn't done that type of artwork before, though it's usually of the female persuasion.

Shouta

I thought it would be something like that. Well, I guess I'll just friendship the hell out of them then.

Hopefully, if/when we get a Growlanser VII, they'll have some full-fledged gay romance options. It's not like Urushihara hasn't done that type of artwork before, though it's usually of the female persuasion.

It'd be interesting as an option but highly unlikely because the audience for GL games, or at least the people that will buy it for sure, is often those crazy otaku men that happen to be straight. The female fanbase is pretty solid though for GL and I think for those fans they kind work the support NPCs a bit like that.

It'd be interesting as an option but highly unlikely because the audience for GL games, or at least the people that will buy it for sure, is often those crazy otaku men that happen to be straight. The female fanbase is pretty solid though for GL and I think for those fans they kind work the support NPCs a bit like that.
I think they should give it a shot. It will inevitably still have all the shiny females that people expect, so I don't think having another option is going to scare anyone away. (And if it does, good riddance.)

I think having the option for a gay romance would only further enhance the series's appeal. They are practically there anyway, every new Growlanser has had more and more male/male pairings, so I think they should just commit to going all the way.

So what your saying is you can romance more than one person at the same time and it won't interfere with either? Does it effect your ending or do characters comment on it?

Shouta

So what your saying is you can romance more than one person at the same time and it won't interfere with either? Does it effect your ending or do characters comment on it?

Endings. Though you can pick which ending you want if your relationship is maxed out with them and you got all the triggers.

Vamphuntr

What is really weird is that they didn't record battle quotes either. Sometimes when you win a fight the characters say something but here they simply wave their arms, show their weapons or wiggle their head as they didn't record a voice >.>

Are the new characters missable?

kuroshiki

I'm not sure about gay option but if it is about lesbian option, then hell yeah.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I preordered it along with Last Story at the local GS. We have no mom and pop here and the employees are pretty nice to me so I have no problem with them.

and we both know it is not going to happen.
I disagree. As I mentioned earlier, every subsequent Growlanser game has featured more and more male/male interaction. (The PSP ports especially.)

To me, it only seems like a matter of time before it happens. (The character designer for the series has drawn images that feature male Growlanser characters in "romantic" poses with each other.)

The biggest hurdle is first actually getting a Growlanser VII, but I think if that happens we may see some advancements on that front.

TheChaos

It'd be interesting as an option but highly unlikely because the audience for GL games, or at least the people that will buy it for sure, is often those crazy otaku men that happen to be straight.

Um, the vast majority of players for games like Mass Effect, Skyrim, Bully, etc. are straight males but they all include same-sex options. I think it's really just Japan's conservative views on open homosexuality that won't be changing any time soon.

kuroshiki

I disagree. As I mentioned earlier, every subsequent Growlanser game has featured more and more male/male interaction. (The PSP ports especially.)

To me, it only seems like a matter of time before it happens. (The character designer for the series has drawn images that feature male Growlanser characters in "romantic" poses with each other.)

The biggest hurdle is first actually getting a Growlanser VII, but I think if that happens we may see some advancements on that front.

Atlus now owns career soft so I don't know what is going to happen. It would be a miracle to get a GL7 (because I don't think this is exactly a smash hit series, as much as I like as it is), and female population who plays this game (which favors male/male relationship) is extremely small.

just write them directly or talk to atlus if you want those options. that's all you can do.

personally, i'm fine with friendship options that unlock special attacks. influence the gameplay.

Atlus now owns career soft so I don't know what is going to happen. It would be a miracle to get a GL7 (because I don't think this is exactly a smash hit series, as much as I like as it is), and female population who plays this game (which favors male/male relationship) is extremely small.
I think the female fan base is a bit larger than you think.

And not just females want gay relationship options. Plus, if you are familiar with the Persona series, I'm sure you must be aware of the disappointment with how the Kanji social link played out by many people in the fan base.

Games that have such strong emphasis on forming relationships should be open to expanding the options given to the player.

It would only help the series IMO.

cj_iwakura

wofcountdown5.jpg

(These are all the work of the talented-awesome Lucethira from Growlanser-Realm, of course.)

Also, many fans think Rufus and Gaerik in GV was about as gay as Growlanser relationships get.

Top Bottom