• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time - Vita Compatible! |OT|

TheChaos

Games that have such strong emphasis on forming relationships should be open to expanding the options given to the player.

It would only help the series IMO.

It could be the developers themselves, you know. If he developers might not feel comfortable with putting male/male stuff in the game, it doesn't matter about the fan-base.

Aeana

Why do you think the female player population is extremely small, kuroshiki? And... what about gay men? There are at least two women who have posted in this thread so far - myself included - and at least three gay men I know of.

cj_iwakura

Why do you think the female player population is extremely small, kuroshiki? And... what about gay men? There are at least two women who have posted in this thread so far - myself included - and at least three gay men I know of.

Heck, the largest(uh, only?) fan site on the web is run by a female.

Vamphuntr

I'm enjoying how they added the new characters in the story. It really feels natural. Hopefully you can't miss some of them. Shouta where are you :/

Loudninja

About playing it on the Vita
+ Aram Jabbari on July 25th, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

erico316ecw,

We don’t yet know if it will be compatible with PS Vita at launch, but we will do everything within our power to help make it compatible as close to launch as possible!

+ Aram Jabbari on July 25th, 2012 at 1:48 pm said:

Christian399,

We will do anything within our realm of influence to help make Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time compatible on Vita (directly or transferred via PS3) as close to launch as possible, but there is no timetable we can provide at this time.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/25/new-psp-srpg-growlanser-wayfarer-of-time-out-next-week/

It could be the developers themselves, you know. If he developers might not feel comfortable with putting male/male stuff in the game, it doesn't matter about the fan-base.
I don't think that's the case though, as I mentioned before, Urushihara has done male/male Growlanser artwork, and the two most recent Growlanser games have had the most male pairings of any game in the series.

Obviously Japan has a history of being more conservative in respects to portraying gay relationships in games, but hopefully that will change. And a new Growlanser that features gay relationships can be part of that change. A series like this, with such an emphasis on the relationships between characters would be the perfect venue to do that IMO.

Aeana

As far as the Growlanser series goes, though, I actually do wonder if it's dead since the Careersoft guys have been working on Devil Survivor.

TheChaos

I don't think that's the case though, as I mentioned before, Urushihara has done male/male Growlanser artwork, and the two most recent Growlanser games have had the most male pairings of any game in the series.

Urushihara isn't in charge of the game's story or writing, though. I like your optimism but your cries will probably fall on deaf ears. It's a cultural difference thing. Just be thankful for all the Western Devs that are listening to GLBT gamers.

Endings. Though you can pick which ending you want if your relationship is maxed out with them and you got all the triggers.
Thanks. Last question, so is there any change in dialogue before the ending if your romancing someone?

I really hope this is vita compatible.

Vamphuntr

I don't think the data install option is doing much. I guess it's pointless because there is no voice files to load. Asides from booting the game there isn't much loading in the game. Sometimes you feel it's loading a dialog box but it doesn't last long. I guess we could call this an advantage.

Vamphuntr

Phew, just made it past the first challenging battle for me. Challenging because it's hard to get mission complete there.

That battle in Marquelia where the soldiers come from the boat. You have to destroy the planks to keep them spawning but you can't let any of them breach your defense.

Quixzlizx

Regarding the voices, is this one of those games that had JPN voices that were just cut out of the NA version without being replaced? I think it was talked about in the announcement thread, but I can't remember whether it was this game in particular.

Aeana

Regarding the voices, is this one of those games that had JPN voices that were just cut out of the NA version without being replaced? I think it was talking about in the announcement thread, but I can't remember whether it was this game in particular.
Yeah.

Vamphuntr

Seems I'm the only one playing this right now >.>

Made it to the part where you get the proof of friendship gems that let you use "joint" spells / learn the synchronize skill. :S An annoying fight is coming up pretty soon.

It's funny how the game is teasing you with Pamela and Magnus.

Embryon

Neo Member
I'm playing it, but that's because I'm a cheater and I have a review copy. :) Things are finally starting to pick up after about 12 hours. This game's definitely a slow-burner.

cj_iwakura

wofcountdown4.jpg

(Well, 3 in two hours..)

Vamphuntr

Hmmm did they add new "alternate fates" in Reloaded?

(story spoiler so don't read it if you have not played the original or this)

I was able to prevent Muntzer from dying in this playthrough. I don't remember it happening in the PS2 version. Basically the gift you shop with Silverneil and his daughter save his life.

This game reminds me a little bit of Fire Emblem. If this game is anything like FE, I may pick it up.
It kinda depends what similarities you mean.

If you like anime styled strategy RPGs that have a strong focus on the character relationships, Growlanser might be right up your alley.

Necrovex

It kinda depends what similarities you mean.

If you like anime styled strategy RPGs that have a strong focus on the character relationships, Growlanser might be right up your alley.

That's pretty much the comparison I was hoping. Sold. If it works on Vita, I'll buy it on PSN first day (or whenever it begins to work).

B.K.

That's pretty much the comparison I was hoping. Sold. If it works on Vita, I'll buy it on PSN first day (or whenever it begins to work).

It doesn't play anything like Fire Emblem though. Growlanser is basically a cross between turn based and real time strategy.

Zwei

And I'm 25% bi-curious, so there you go.

Vamphuntr

I love how they added extra story battles where you don't expect them. I was all banged up after a fight and when I tried to go to a nearby town I bumped into a hell of a fight. Still managed to win though.

Vamphuntr

Played a bit more today. Made it to the battle where you have to (Story Spoilers)
To save Melina from a bunch of monsters and the Death Wing Captain

Anyone know if there are requirements to get the other new characters added? I keep bumping into them but there isn't much to do so far with them :S I did some events that I think will be important for them like
Giving the crypting documents to Pamela and replyed to Tricia's message on the tree outside the fort

Vamphuntr

I'm the only one keeping this thread alive :S

Ugh just made it past the cheapest fight in the game so far. It wasn't in the original either. I became so annoyed and frustrated that I wanted to throw my PSP out the window. Really a protect mission where the 2 characters you must save die in 2-3 hits, where they get stuck between 3-4 monsters that keep staggering them/poisoning them/stunning them or even paralyzing them. Said monsters have so high mag resistance that your magic fails on them. They are also located at the other side of the screen where you fight. All of this while some other monsters keep spamming high cycle down/Meteor/Death Cloud on you. Oh and just when you think you've won even more monsters appear UGH.

Top Bottom