• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GS] Some brief financial results

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Code:
Nintendo
Large-scale gains
                    Revenue	                Operating income	         Net income
2004 Q1	            82.15 billion yen (+2%)	17.47 billion yen (+141%)        22.64 billion yen (+97.7%)
FY2004 prediction   530 billion yen	 	                                 70 billion yen

anibananapurp.gif

Doogdogg

I'm no financial expert.

So net income is actual profits from revenues and so whats operating income? Are they added together?

cvxfreak

I can't believe the budget DOA3 contributed to good financial results. It probably sells 300 units a week in Japan and if I remember correctly, didn't rank in the top 20 for the Japanese Xbox the first half of 2004.

Dark Dragon said:
I'm no financial expert.

So net income is actual profits from revenues and so whats operating income? Are they added together?
Operating income is the value of income before interest and taxes are added. Net is after interest and taxes are added.

cvxfreak

jarrod said:
Woah, Sonic Heroes sold 1.83 million? I wonder how the platform breakdown went?

Oh and yay Capcom! :)

Yeah, SH's sales surprised me. It's probably 1 Million in NA and 150,000 in Japan, the rest elsewhere (since it was released for PS2 in S. Korea as well).

Alcibiades

any word on whether Sony and the break-even situation with their PS2 investment (I've heard 5-year and 7-year estimates thrown around)?

jarrod

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
Probably since they mentioned Pokemon Colosseum.
I think it refers to the Euro release of PC, since it happened last quarter and caused a sales spike. Pokemon Company software in Japan likely isn't counted directly with Nintendo.

Top Bottom