• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

brentech said:
I think I ran 3-4 laps in the second race with 1.17.xx
My car is just a tuned RX-8. My tuning (plus being broken in) takes it right to the 414BHP and weighs in at 1085kg. While I feel I have good specs, more can be said for the amount of time I've spent in the car.
I've opened online rooms with our league's restrictions in place and just raced against randoms to get a feel the car in racing conditions. While some of the people that joined destroyed themselves on the first lap, all in all, it was a good time and I've gotten a handle on most of the steering quirks of my ride.

I think people need to just find a car they like and stick with it. That's largely what I feel this league is about. I just got lucky with my team in that others enjoy rotary cars, but with that or not, I'd of chosen the RX-8 because my love/respect for the car itself.
Yep. It's what I wanted this to be as well.

Hell, I'm using a Z4 :p

Schmitty

Filled the form out. Accidentally put mylsef as team captain for a random allocated team. I'm sure that won't be a problem. Just put me on one

Dead Man

weekend_warrior said:
The regulation states that cars must weigh over 1000kg, not below it. Changing it to 1100 would only DQ cars that weigh 1000kg-1099kg.
Yeah, but what I meant was that lots of fast cars only get down to 1200 or so, and can't be competetive with the 20 or so that can get done to 1000kg. It would not DQ those cars, only stop them going below 1100kgs so more cars would be viable in the race. But MM has spoken, so that's cool, I've still got a couple options I'm working on. I was hoping to use something non Japanese but they are mostly too heavy.

Dead Man said:
Yeah, but what I meant was that lots of fast cars only get down to 1200 or so, and can't be competetive with the 20 or so that can get done to 1000kg. It would not DQ those cars, only stop them going below 1100kgs so more cars would be viable in the race. But MM has spoken, so that's cool, I've still got a couple options I'm working on. I was hoping to use something non Japanese but they are mostly too heavy.

I see what your saying and you do have a point. For example the Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera seemed to eat a little more fuel then the rest of the cars on the test run. Anyone knows how low it goes with the weight reduction lvl 3 mods?

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
I see what your saying and you do have a point. For example the Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera seemed to eat a little more fuel then the rest of the cars on the test run. Anyone knows how low it goes with the weight reduction lvl 3 mods?
I don't think you can reduce the weight on that one, I think what you buy is what you get.

Metalmurphy said:
Big post tomorrow explaining anything

Cannot wait :) So far as i can see my team exists of two members. One member got banned the other never replied to my PM.

Still havent decided on a car :/

Btw that super gt practice was fun....standing in a corner making donuts :p
Did not know it was qualifying practice haha ah well :p

GroteSmurf said:
Cannot wait :) So far as i can see my team exists of two members. One member got banned the other never replied to my PM.
The sad part is... most of them are online daily... is it really that much pain of the ass to reply with a simple Yes or No?... *sheesh*

Metalmurphy said:
The sad part is... most of them are online daily... is it really that much pain of the ass to reply with a simple Yes or No?... *sheesh*

Yeah that sucks man :/ especially since you already put alot of work in it...

OP updated with the following changes:

Server/Racing Etiquette:
  • Server will be a hosted Private Lounge on the PSN account "GT5NRL". Every member needs to add that account to the friends list in
    order to join the lounge.
  • Voice chat will be disabled to save bandwidth.
  • Due to a game bug sometimes players get de-synchronized with the server and become invisible. To fix this problem we ask that during
    the preparation time and before qualifying, when the race organizer says it's time to synch, everyone should enter the race, but NOT go
    into Free Run mode, remain in the pits. We will then see if players are seeing the full grid or not and ask the necessary players to leave
    the track and rejoin until everyone is visible. We also ask that to chat as little as possible during this time to avoid confusion.
  • Be extra careful during the first lap and specially during the first corner. The track will be packed and it's easy to get into a big crash.
    Remember, you'll be ruining the race for someone else as well.
  • If a crash happens, when returning to the track, pay attention to see if someone else is passing and don't go immediately into the typical
    racing line, stay away from it until you gained some decent speed. The same applies when leaving the pits.
  • If you are being lapped by a much faster player, don't move aside to let him pass, he's the one that has to overtake you. This doesn't
    mean however that you should intentionally block him, just keep to your regular driving line.
  • If your car is damaged and extremely slow please move away from the regular driving line to avoid further crashes from faster players.

hgfAc.jpg

• Each race will last approximately 1 hour. (5minutes for preparations, 10 minutes qualifying, 30 minutes race)

cV3QA.jpg

IDc4x.jpg

The first NeoGAF Racing League will allow any car that meets the following requirements:
  • Stock cars only. (No RMs or LMs)
  • Weighted over 1100 Kg

Opening event!
p7ASB.png

Autumn Ring
Length: 1.83mi/2950m Longest Straight: 0.26mi/425m Elevation Change: 98.4ft/30.0m Corners: 17

t1296324000z0.png

How to join:
Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list and join the private lounge.

As the opening event, points won't yet be awarded and it won't be a team based race, so any member of any team can join. Please state in this thread if you will be participating or not so I can register the grid.

UFRA

To Team Wankel members:

I cannot participate in tomorrow's event, [edit] however tomorrow's event is first come first serve so any of you can join it.

Also, as MM mentioned, if anyone wants to go to a different team to even things up that's fine, just let us know. No hard feelings. ;)

Thanks!

PS - Don't forget that our race cars are not allowed, and you will need either a civilian model RX-7 or RX-8 within league regulations instead. :)

UFRA said:
To Team Wankel members:

I cannot participate in tomorrow's event, so we would need 2 people to participate on our behalf.

Based on order of joining, El Beefo and expy have first choice of whether to race tomorrow or not. Please just inform us here in the thread of whether you want to race or not. The remaining order would be brentech and then h3ro.

Also, as MM mentioned, if anyone wants to go to a different team to even things up that's fine, just let us know. No hard feelings. ;)

Thanks!

PS - Don't forget that our race cars are not allowed, and you will need either a civilian model RX-7 or RX-8 within league regulations instead. :)

"As the opening event points won't yet be awarded and any member of any team can join. Please state in this thread if you will be participating or not."

There won't be teams ;) All other 3 of your team members can join if they want. First come first serve till we get to 16.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
"As the opening event points won't yet be awarded and any member of any team can join. Please state in this thread if you will be participating or not."

There won't be teams ;) All other 3 of your team members can join if they want. First come first serve till we get to 16.

Oh I misunderstood what you meant. I didn't think you meant that just anyone/everyone is joining since there's only 16 slots lol.

UFRA said:
Oh I misunderstood what you meant. I didn't think you meant that just anyone/everyone is joining since there's only 16 slots lol.
Made it a bit more clear now ;)

Also sent PMs (AGAIN >.<) to the Inactive members. Hopefully I'll get a reply this time.

brentech

To clarify, what's happening with the rules changing? I don't think my car qualifies anymore if the weight is actually 1100kg now?
Is the max BHP still 414?

brentech said:
To clarify, what's happening with the rules changing? I don't think my car qualifies anymore if the weight is actually 1100kg now?
Is the max BHP still 414?
Yes its still 414. Weight was increased after the talks we had a few days ago. Seems that many cars can't go even below 1200 and the ones that can after tuning would be at a pretty big advantage.

HOWEVER, if this is a problem for many people I'll change it back to 1000Kg.

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
Yes its still 414. Weight was increased after the talks we had a few days ago. Seems that many cars can't go even below 1200 and the ones that can after tuning would be at a pretty big advantage.

HOWEVER, if this is a problem for many people I'll change it back to 1000Kg.
Alright - just want to make sure that's the actual rule and we're going to stick with it. Will have to buy another RX-8 and re-tune it since weight reductions can't be undone...go figure. Current car will have to go in my personal Hall of Fame in 'Share with Friends'.

UFRA

brentech said:
Alright - just want to make sure that's the actual rule and we're going to stick with it. Will have to buy another RX-8 and re-tune it since weight reductions can't be undone...go figure. Current car will have to go in my personal Hall of Fame in 'Share with Friends'.

I just finished putting together an RX-7 for the league.

I used the Spirit R FD '02. Tuned it to 400HP, leaving room for engine break-in and 1102kg (cutting it close! lol).

Painted it yellow with black wheels. Full aero kit. Looks really sweet. :D

weekend_warrior said:
I've been PM'ing people but nobody's gotten back to me, what happens if I can't get on a team?
You don't need to PM anyone. People with no teams will be put into teams by myself before Round 1. If you already know someone however your free to join them (as long as they don't have 4 members already :p)

Firewire

Banned
Sorry Metalmurphy I can't get into pm's to see your reply. What time EST are the races and what days? If I'm home I will race on a team.

Firewire said:
Sorry Metalmurphy I can't get into pm's to see your reply. What time EST are the races and what days? If I'm home I will race on a team.

"Races will be at several times to allow anyone to play. For example tomorrow's Opening Event is at 18GMT, but the next one could be at 22GMT, 10GMT etc. You're not supposed to race on every event so we can have several times that way.

Can I mark you down as available and put you back on the team then?"

Firewire

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
"Races will be at several times to allow anyone to play. For example tomorrow's Opening Event is at 18GMT, but the next one could be at 22GMT, 10GMT etc. You're not supposed to race on every event so we can have several times that way.

Can I mark you down as available and put you back on the team then?"
Yeah, put me down for a team, hopefully I can race in a few of these.

Dead Man

I probably won't be able to make it, 4am local time for me. I may be awake, (yay, insomnia) but probably not. Have fun though guys.

Metalmurphy said:
My car is ready! :D

Isn't that cute. A little orange Z4. And it's even got a spoiler! That is so. damn. Precious!

But now it's time for a real car. Meet your maker boys.

fK3tD.gif

And a view you'll be all too familiar with by the end of this series- my taillights.
Clhxn.gif

tqpWE.jpg

UFRA

lol I hope you guys already have your engines completely broken-in, otherwise those precious rides of yours will be illegal pretty quickly in the league. :p

I'm not entirely sure who is driving what, but will say there are one too many Z4s! MM's Z4 even shares the same (general) color as mine. But I'm not even sure I'm happy with my choice, I haven't driven the darn thing yet...

Dead Man

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
I'm not entirely sure who is driving what, but will say there are one too many Z4s! MM's Z4 even shares the same (general) color as mine. But I'm not even sure I'm happy with my choice, I haven't driven the darn thing yet...
LOL, yeah, I was thinking about one until I saw he was choosing one. I am looking at an Evora, M3 CSL, or NSX-R at the moment. There is another car I want but I think a few people will be choosing that so I think I should try and add to the variety.

I'm definetly in. Quick question: My car was 412bhp but after a few online races it increased and is now 418bhp. How much hp does a car gain breaking in?

SunhiLegend said:
I'm definetly in. Quick question: My car was 412bhp but after a few online races it increased and is now 418bhp. How much hp does a car gain breaking in?
My Z4 went to around 430BHP, I had to remove a filter and put a sports exhaust instead of a racing one.

Dead Man said:
Reflex Spice?
It's one of the TVR colors, don't remember the exact name.

Quick reminder, if you ARE going to participate please add GT5NRL to your FL before 17:50 GMT (10 minutes before it starts). I won't be able to accept invites after that as I will be in my main account.

Dead Man said:
Looks like I'm awake. No team, is it still okay if I run the opening race?

The opening event isn't a team based race, or even for points. It's just that, an Opening event :p Anyone can join.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
The opening event isn't a team based race, or even for points. It's just that, an Opening event :p Anyone can join.
Sweet. Still not sure what car I'll be taking! And let me know if I'm lagging badly again, I disconnected a few things from the network, and changed to a wired connection to the PS3 so it should be better.

Top Bottom