• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

I've been waiting for this league to star for a while, even if i registeresd very late in the process. Even if I registered (and not appearing at the OP 'cause it hasn't been updated for a couple of days) i too want this league to start.

PD: Metalmurphy, do you have my registration? I've been meaning to ask this for a couple of days, but i've had no time to check 'itill today, and i'm nowhere.

Btw, is the Skyline GTR Pace Car available for this league? it seem heavy as fuck, tho easy to drive.

carpediemdp said:
I've been waiting for this league to star for a while, even if i registeresd very late in the process. Even if I registered (and not appearing at the OP 'cause it hasn't been updated for a couple of days) i too want this league to start.

PD: Metalmurphy, do you have my registration? I've been meaning to ask this for a couple of days, but i've had no time to check 'itill today, and i'm nowhere.

Btw, is the Skyline GTR Pace Car available for this league? it seem heavy as fuck, tho easy to drive.

Your name is on the OP, so yeah you are registered :p

I update the OP regularly so everyone should take a glance at it now and then.

As for the Skyline Pace Car, I'm pretty sure that one is over 414BHP isn't it? At least the non pace car version of it is.

It is! Damn, sorry Metalmurphy. The pace car has less than 414 BHP, i tuned it up to 412 BHP, i don't remember it's original BHP. Driving it is awesome as hell, great handling, or maybe i'm a slow driver, since i've never played online.

brentech

carpediemdp said:
It is! Damn, sorry Metalmurphy. The pace car has less than 414 BHP, i tuned it up to 412 BHP, i don't remember it's original BHP. Driving it is awesome as hell, great handling, or maybe i'm a slow driver, since i've never played online.
As I recently stated in this thread, I highly recommend going online or just opening into your private lounge and making all the settings the same as the league will be using.
Drive around a bit.
Since the majority of ASpec doesn't take tire wear into account, that's going to be a fairly large change, but it seems some other physics fundamentals are tweaked more realistically as well. It's worth driving a few laps at your favorite courses to understand that you're probably not going to be able to make some turns at the speeds you normally do when driving offline.

You'd be surprised how many people wipe out on the first turn of pretty much any course when online. And I'm not even talking about the people that think they can use others as brakes/walls.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
Ok. We got more then enough members for full 8 teams. Thanks to those who registered recently.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! SDJFAS;GILNWRPONSFLSDJF

I'm so excited for this league to start!!!!! I want to get my RX-7 out on the track!! I have it all setup and ready to go and it's just been sitting in my garage like "why wont u dwive me?? :(" lol

UFRA said:

I'm so excited for this league to start!!!!! I want to get my RX-7 out on the track!! I have it all setup and ready to go and it's just been sitting in my garage like "why wont u dwive me?? :(" lol

We're gonna start with 1 test race next week. And then a short 3 race Mini-League (1 race per weekend, perhaps even 2 races in 1 weekend, just to hurry things up), too see if everything works well. The real league will start after that, so probably February. It will be 1 race every 2 weeks then.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:

SHUT UP AND SET A RPC LAP, DAMN IT. >:|

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
I'll set one tomorrow if someone can host and make sure I don't cheat.

I'll do that with you. Only if you then host and make sure I don't cheat.

And my buddy Seks better join as well.

TheSeks

UFRA said:

I'll join tomorrow then.

UFRA said:

We don't have to switch hosts then :p TG-NRPC will host and I'll set a time with that account.

Name a time between 10AM-5AM GMT.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
We don't have to switch hosts then :p TG-NRPC will host and I'll set a time with that account.

Name a time between 10AM-5AM GMT.

Sounds good.

As for a time, how about something around the same time as the Super GT race today?

Let's say 4PM CST? (5PM EST, 2PM PST)

If racing softs are now allowed, I don't see why TC should be allowed as well. These cars are going to be glued to the road, might as well disabled TC to keep it some what interesting.

I never use TC because it dulls the handling, but if it is allowed in a league, I am going to put it to 1 just to save the occasional slide. It also gives a huge tire wear advantage to those who use it the entire race.

My personal preference is to have it off based on these cars specs.

gutterboy44 said:
If racing softs are now allowed, I don't see why TC should be allowed as well. These cars are going to be glued to the road, might as well disabled TC to keep it some what interesting.

I never use TC because it dulls the handling, but if it is allowed in a league, I am going to put it to 1 just to save the occasional slide. It also gives a huge tire wear advantage to those who use it the entire race.

My personal preference is to have it off based on these cars specs.

Well, this league is meant for anyone, some people here will be using DS3s and aren't expert racers, IMO TC will help them, but it will also slow them down, seems like a reasonable compromise.

The reason why I changed from Medium to any, is because races will probably be extended to 30mins, and there's some strategy in choosing the right tires.

UFRA

MM I think we should just go ahead and get the league going.

If people aren't going to form teams, maybe we can have an individual points ranking as well. That way the people who do have teams can compete, and the ones without can compete as well, both in separate rankings.

In the Super GT league we only have 2 guys per team, and we still are having well populated races and a ton of fun. I think 4 people is kinda hard to get together for most people who didn't choose an awesome rotary powered team. LOL :p

Also as far as TCS goes, I think it's good that it's allowed since it makes people with less confidence in their abilities still want to participate. It makes it less hardcore, and more appealing to anyone. The more the merrier.

UFRA said:
MM I think we should just go ahead and get the league going.

If people aren't going to form teams, maybe we can have an individual points ranking as well. That way the people who do have teams can compete, and the ones without can compete as well, both in separate rankings.

In the Super GT league we only have 2 guys per team, and we still are having well populated races and a ton of fun. I think 4 people is kinda hard to get together for most people who didn't choose an awesome rotary powered team. LOL :p

Also as far as TCS goes, I think it's good that it's allowed since it makes people with less confidence in their abilities still want to participate. It makes it less hardcore, and more appealing to anyone. The more the merrier.

League will start pretty soon (Test Run Next Week, and First race the week after) and I will be making teams for those that still don't have them. They'll be announced later today.

People are free to change them, but they'll have to do it fast.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
League will start pretty soon (Test Run Next Week, and First race the week after) and I will be making teams for those that still don't have them. They'll be announced later today.

People are free to change them, but they'll have to do it fast.

Excellent. :D

brentech

Going to have to make another NRPC attempt before the end of the month.
Made some stupid mistakes. Went through the hammer wrong both attempts. My competitive blood wants revenge.

In another note, my power just went out for about 5 min =(

Update on the NRPC lap times!

January 2010 NPRC
gyW4F.jpg

Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 [63 BHP]
1BiTb.png

dQ8uk.png

2Invu.png
lKuQ7.png

8z5K6.png
5HI2i.png

EmB2l.png
WlTh9.png

L9TAh.png
5ThpI.png

(click lap times to download the replay file, PAL ONLY)

TheSeks

brentech said:
Going to have to make another NRPC attempt before the end of the month.
Made some stupid mistakes. Went through the hammer wrong both attempts. My competitive blood wants revenge.

You just want me to be the slowest time on the board this month again. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BUB! *crosses arms and demands no redos*

brentech

Bah, when I go to import the replays that I copied over to the PS3 it says "No files found" or whatever the exact wording was. They copied over fine...

edit:
TheSeks said:
You just want me to be the slowest time on the board this month again. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BUB! *crosses arms and demands no redos*
lol, my 2nd lap was a complete assfest

TheSeks

Your second lap was pure ass, sure. But you nearly had me. I was sweating bullets until 1:57 and I'm like "FUCK YEAH!"

brentech said:
Bah, when I go to import the replays that I copied over to the PS3 it says "No files found" or whatever the exact wording was. They copied over fine...

edit:

lol, my 2nd lap was a complete assfest

They only work on PAL consoles, forgot that :/

Ok good call on the TCS.

Aight, I have my car picked out :)

What is our team color going to be? I am rocking light green matte right now.

Pardon my stupidity but, did AdvanS13 quit the league?

I have him registered as a Team Wankel member, but for some reason he's not on the OP. I dunno if I messed up or if he quit and I forgot to register that.

Angst

gutterboy44 said:
Ok good call on the TCS.

Aight, I have my car picked out :)

What is our team color going to be? I am rocking light green matte right now.
I have sort of decided on a car. If you want me to paint in the same colour as yours you'll have to gift the colour to me :)

Angst said:
I have sort of decided on a car. If you want me to paint in the same colour as yours you'll have to gift the colour to me :)

Gift the car instead. You gain the color and then you gift the car back, and he gains the color again too.

Metalmurphy said:
Gift the car instead. You gain the color and then you gift the car back, and he gains the color again too.

Only works for the car's original color, you don't get the newly painted color. I will just gift the paint chip and the car if needed.

gutterboy44 said:
Only works for the car's original color, you don't get the newly painted color. I will just gift the paint chip and the car if needed.

Really?

Crap... shouldn't have wasted that McLaren F1 Orange then lol

Well, I can dupe colors using the Save backup method. Got an USB stick always on my PS3. Just send it to me.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
Pardon my stupidity but, did AdvanS13 quit the league?

I have him registered as a Team Wankel member, but for some reason he's not on the OP. I dunno if I messed up or if he quit and I forgot to register that.

Yup, I think I sent you a PM about that a while back. He had to step out of the league for now.

UFRA said:
Yup, I think I sent you a PM about that a while back. He had to step out of the league for now.

I see. Gotta mark that down then. Thanks.

Btw, dunno if you guys noticed, but the teams are done and listed in the OP. I'll be PMing everyone soon.

UFRA

I think you should just remove that Kaze dude. He hasn't stepped up to the plate and said who he was, and that link doesn't even go to a GAF profile.

Glad the teams are sorted out.

*very excited now*

We should have a track day soon. I'm curious to see who will be the Salacious Crumb of this league. :p

Niks

Hopefully all the people in the allocated teams can make it, otherwise we would need to re-shuffle the list?

Niks said:
Hopefully all the people in the allocated teams can make it, otherwise we would need to re-shuffle the list?

Possible. I also just noticed that WTFing is banned :/ I'll try to reach him through PSN.

MidnightRider hasn't visited gaf in 2 weeks as well. Hope that won't be a problem.

What time will the races take place? Also because theres 4 or more members per team does this mean not everyone races every weekend? Haven't raced in a league before, play time trials alot more than races. Although nothing beats a long tough battle on the circuit against fellow competitors.

SunhiLegend said:
What time will the races take place? Also because theres 4 or more members per team does this mean not everyone races every weekend? Haven't raced in a league before, play time trials alot more than races. Although nothing beats a long tough battle on the circuit against fellow competitors.
Race times will vary so that everyone has a chance to race, but you can expect them to be around these times:

EST:
10:00
17:00
21:00

PST:
07:00
14:00
18:00

GMT:
02:00
15:00
22:00

, and yes, only 2 members of each team will participate per race. It's up to the team to decide who races. This way is more flexible and the league doesn't become a big commitment.

Just finished sending PMs to all the members. I'm now waiting replies to see if they accept the teams or not.

Dead Man

If anyone needs another team member, I can probably be persuaded ;) I'm in Australia though, so I will probably not be available for some of the race times.

Top Bottom