• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Players with no teams have been allocated. Read the OP (updated regularly) for the new teams, get in touch with each other, select the cars, choose team names, team colors, etc.

We got 6 days :p

So far only UFRA is marked as participating in Round 1.

Broseybrose

So if im new to all this (NRL, not GT5) and i already registered with the web form in the OP and sent the PSN friend request to GT5NRL, whats my next step? Pick a car that meets the requirements and practice online to try and set a good lap time?

Edit - just saw your post MM. Ill add my teammates via PSN.

Broseybrose said:
So if im new to all this (NRL, not GT5) and i already registered with the web form in the OP and sent the PSN friend request to GT5NRL, whats my next step? Pick a car that meets the requirements and practice online to try and set a good lap time?
Choosing a car is the most important part, then you have to get in contact with your team mates to decide who is going to race in Round 1 (Full schedule and dates are on the OP, you can click the race on the schedule to see a preview and a Countdown clock to get the exact time). Only 2 member per team on each race.

Practicing online is also important :p

UFRA

Today I spent about 3 hours just driving and driving and driving in my RX-7. (as well as making many tweaks to the suspension, finally finding a setup I'm happy with)

I put almost 300 miles on it and managed to fully break-in the engine.

I'm now peaked at 412HP. I couldn't ask for a more perfect engine break-in. I was getting really nervous that it would go beyond 414HP, but was so relieved when I did a few big races and it stayed at 412HP. :D

UFRA said:
Today I spent about 3 hours just driving and driving and driving in my RX-7. (as well as making many tweaks to the suspension, finally finding a setup I'm happy with)

I put almost 300 miles on it and managed to fully break-in the engine.

I'm now peaked at 412HP. I couldn't ask for a more perfect engine break-in. I was getting really nervous that it would go beyond 414HP, but was so relieved when I did a few big races and it stayed at 412HP. :D
I just put my B-spec doing some endurances on it lol. Had to remove a filter and got it to 413BHP. Which is strange cause I was sure I had seen it at 414 at some point.

Man... this was alot of work for today >.< Don't disappoint me people. I'm hoping to see a bit more then just the 8 that appeared on the Opening Event.

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
I just put my B-spec doing some endurances on it lol. Had to remove a filter and got it to 413BHP. Which is strange cause I was sure I had seen it at 414 at some point.
That's what I did with my original.
I drove A-Spec Japanese Championship series with my replacement - along with random practice laps on my created course and the 'ring. I suddenly boosted over the limit at one point, but had to take off a few parts and enable some others to hit 414hp.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:

I noticed that in the garage listing, sometimes it will show that a car is "100HP" for example, then when you select the car and view the details, it shows "101HP". Not sure why this happens, but most of my cars show up like that lol.

CozMick

Banned
Gutted that I missed the Opening Round.

"Problems" at home.

Can I still post my car for Round 1? If so here it is.........

NISMO 380RS Super Leggera

will post pic and specs shortly

CozMick said:
Gutted that I missed the Opening Round.

"Problems" at home.

Can I still post my car for Round 1? If so here it is.........

NISMO 380RS Super Leggera

will post pic and specs shortly

Hum... right... about that :p

I told Niks that we wouldn't allow the Super Leggera, cause it's not actually a stock car. But... then again... that freaking NSX is already too fast :p So maybe we'll allow it. Hope Niks doesn't get mad :p

Btw, does that mean that you'll be racing in Round 1?
(P.S.- The car is registered for the entire season btw, not just Round 1)

CozMick

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Hum... right... about that :p

I told Niks that we wouldn't allow the Super Leggera, cause it's not actually a stock car. But... then again... that freaking NSX is already too fast :p So maybe we'll allow it. Hope Niks doesn't get mad :p

Btw, does that mean that you'll be racing in Round 1?
(P.S.- The car is registered for the entire season btw, not just Round 1)

If the Super Leggera isn't allowed then I'll happily select the Fairlady Z Z34 '08 (which I may regret :p) don't wanna cause eruptions :p

And yes, I will be racing in Round 1 (I may be high on Red Bull that night, trying to get past the 2am start, but i'll definitely be there)

CozMick said:
If the Super Leggera isn't allowed then I'll happily select the Fairlady Z Z34 '08 (which I may regret :p) don't wanna cause eruptions :p

And yes, I will be racing in Round 1 (I may be high on Red Bull that night, trying to get past the 2am start, but i'll definitely be there)

Cool, added you to the list. As for the car, well, lets say what Niks has to say :p My problem with allowing cars that have some clear advantage isn't actually the advantage it self, but more of a fear that everyone will choose the same.

The varied grid on the Opening Race was definitely a big plus imo.

Players Participating in Round 1 (7/16):
#01 - Team Wankel - UFRA - (Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02)
#02 - Team Wankel -
#03 - Team FR4WD - CozMick - (Nissan Fairlady (Z34) '08)
#04 - Team FR4WD - vissione - (Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05)
#05 - Allocated Team #1 - weekend_warrior - (Corvette Z06 '04)
#06 - Allocated Team #1 -
#07 - Team Fast Windmills through Chemistry - BrLvgThrChmstry - (BMW Z4 '08)
#08 - Team Fast Windmills through Chemistry -
#09 - Team Remedy - Schmitty - (NO CAR REGISTERED)
#10 - Team Remedy -
#11 - Deep Speed - SunhiLegend - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96)
#12 - Deep Speed -
#13 - Team 7 -
#14 - Team 7 -
#15 - Team 8 -
#16 - Team 8 -

vissione said:
Lol so we don't even need to discuss among the team who races we just go for it? I'll take up the other slot for our team then. And we shouldn't be Allocated Team #2 anymore... so in the spirit of openly deciding stuff we're gonna be "Team FR4WD" for FR and 4WD drivetrains.

Hey! That works!

and it's fast too! If only everyone was like that we had started this league 2 months ago :p

I'm not even kidding btw :p if you have some issues you can work it out later and I'll change it.

CozMick

Banned
vissione said:
Lol so we don't even need to discuss among the team who races we just go for it? I'll take up the other slot for our team then. And we shouldn't be Allocated Team #2 anymore... so in the spirit of openly deciding stuff we're gonna be "Team FR4WD" for FR and 4WD drivetrains.

I was under the impression that it was just you and me in the team :p

I have no problem sitting the next race out if the team drivers have already been decided,

CozMick said:
I was under the impression that it was just you and me in the team :p

I have no problem sitting the next race out if the team drivers have already been decided,

No one ever reads >.<

Teams are on the Op.

CozMick

Banned
My entry into the NRL, isn't she a beauty? :D

1.jpg

You can go ahead and add me to the High Speed Ring Event roster, I'll representing Team Fast Windmills through Chemistry (obviously), BrLvgThrChmstry/memorycure.

CozMick

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
Is that the best you could do for weight reduction? That extra ~100kg over most other cars is gonna kill you.

I knocked off 250kg using all the reduction options there were, that's as good as it gets for me.

Now I'm extremely worried that I'll be the "making up the numbers" driver :p

Damn that time isn't great for me, I assumed it would be like the opening event. I'll keep quiet for now and if none of my teammates hold a position than I'll try and sacrifice my time.

Schmitty

I'll be there this weekend, and if no one on allocated team #4 minds, I'll go ahead and name us Team Remedy.

I'll get back to you with my car selection.

Dead Man

If people think the NSX is overpowered I can change it. Anyway, I'll get in touch with the people on my team, but pencil me in for the race, I think it works out nicely timewise for me.

Dead Man

If people are struggling to find a car, the Lotus Evora and Esprit, BMW M3 CSL and M3 GTR, and Mazda RX7's of various years all gave me roughly equal times to the NSX-R

Just signed up for this. In the opening event I chose a woefully slow car, but managed to not make contact with anyone except MM once. I'm not really competitive guy, so I'll try to pick an original car.

Yeah, I know this isn't condoned but I'm opting for a vehicle change from the Z4 '08 to the Lotus Evora -- though the handling leaves a lot to be desired, it's a better contender (definitely outshines the Z4). Sorry, MM!

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Yeah, I know this isn't condoned but I'm opting for a vehicle change from the Z4 '08 to the Lotus Evora -- though the handling leaves a lot to be desired, it's a better contender (definitely outshines the Z4). Sorry, MM!

Round 1 hasn't started so your free to change. But after Round 1 no one can :p

SunhiLegend said:
Quick video I made using a really old capture card. Couldn't be bothered to record a whole lot so just recorded the first lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlzsjOayeMM
That's some pretty sweet editing! Nice work.

avaya

Are we allowed to add custom parts to cars as long as they fall under the HP and weight limit?

Also are we allowed to use cars from Amuse and Nismo?

UFRA u lucky SOB. I did 1.50.800 on my first lap. then suhi dced and now i need someone to supervise my second lap lol

avaya said:
Are we allowed to add custom parts to cars as long as they fall under the HP and weight limit?

Also are we allowed to use cars from Amuse and Nismo?
yes to the first no to the second

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
UFRA u lucky SOB. I did 1.50.800 on my first lap. then suhi dced and now i need someone to supervise my second lap lol

Oh damn, you're closing in on me!!

Eating now and I'll be ready in about an hour. I'll let you know.

avaya

Metalmurphy said:

yes to the first no to the second

Cheers.

brentech

After viewing the video again and seeing all the smoke (and rubber) I left on the roads at Autumn Ring, I decided to change up my suspension and LSD settings. After some fine tuning, practice runs on the course, and more fine tuning....I have it driving well and was able to run 1.16.xx on the course. I think my fastest lap on the race was a 1.18.xx, but I could be wrong.

Started working on my car for SuperGT as well, and trimmed a good second and a half off my best lap at SSR5. Apex book FTW!

Top Bottom