• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Mush

Dead Man said:
If anyone needs another team member, I can probably be persuaded ;) I'm in Australia though, so I will probably not be available for some of the race times.
Join ANZAC then! :)

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
We'll probably need you elsewhere :/

More withdraws are coming.
You're the boss! Mush, you only control Super GT!!!!! But I don't mind, it's not like me joining a team will help them! :lol

Got some bad news Seks :p

(click lap times to download the replay file)
dQ8uk.png

2Invu.png
lKuQ7.png

8z5K6.png
5HI2i.png

EmB2l.png
WlTh9.png

L9TAh.png
5ThpI.png

brentech

I'm sorry Seks, but when I clocked 6 seconds slower than UFRA...I was like "I know he's probably a way better driver, but something just ain't right."
So I practiced and realized that such a weak car can't get near the rev limiter and needed to be shifted earlier. Suddenly I had a good 20-30kph more on the back stretch.

At least now I can chalk up the difference in time to poor handling and a bad line on my own part. Feel bad making 2 runs though -- I should of figured that stuff out before having MM record me in the first place.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
Ofc you can. You and anyone else that still wants to join. Just register using the Registration Form. Link is on the OP.
I knew I had forgotten to do something. Registered.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
Good to know. Marked you as available on the OP.

Still alot of people that haven't replied to the PMs though. A simple Yes or No people...
I'm in (I think I replied, but I'm not sure)

Have you decided on a date for the first race?

Angst said:
I'm in (I think I replied, but I'm not sure)

Have you decided on a date for the first race?

Practice run this weekend, but obviously not a official race so I haven't sent mass PMs or anything. Whoever is online should join.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
Yes, although I'm beginning to regret that choice :p

*takes a look at team ANZAC*
Well, within the weight and power limits that RX7 of Team Wankel slaughters everything I've tried. Even stuff with more power and less weight and racing mods. Can I choose a car if another team already is using it?

Dead Man said:
Well, within the weight and power limits that RX7 of Team Wankel slaughters everything I've tried. Even stuff with more power and less weight and racing mods. Can I choose a car if another team already is using it?

Yes. But I'm saying this right now. If everyone starts choosing the same freaking RX7 I'm banning it.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
Yes. But I'm saying this right now. If everyone starts choosing the same freaking RX7 I'm banning it.
:lol Fair enough. I have a couple backups, both racing and non, but they are much slower.

I need to buy that RX-7 and compare some lap times to my car that I hope to use for this series. Personally I think no RM or race cars should be allowed and actually no aero parts at all. I think the GT5 physics engine shines best with no to low downforce cars.

brentech

I'm on that team and I chose to use the RX8 since I've had the chance to drive one in '05. It made me feel like a giddy school girl. Car is a blast to drive.
I was doing IT work for a multi-make car dealership and the Mazda guys were nice enough to let me and a coworker use one for the day.
Didn't get much done needless to say.

They already knew where I stood on that matter.

I wanted this league to be free, so everyone could choose the car they wanted (ie: not exactly the best), and have a big variety of cars on the grid. But if that just makes everyone choose the same car...

UFRA

I'm fine with banning race cars, as MM said we were aware of the issue in the beginning, so we know that it's not solid ground we're standing on lol.

I wouldn't want everyone to use our team's car anyways, that would be stupid.

If race cars were to be allowed, there's 3 other Super GT cars that are in the same class as that RX7. A Subaru, Lexus, and Autobachs. However, I would rather just get rid of race cars since we already have a Super GT league and this one is more about having our own custom rides.

Assuming we go that route, I will start prepping one of my FD RX7's for racing. :p

If any of you know any of these gaffers:

Mil6es
Bookey (BMW Z4M Coupe)
Firewire*
carpediemdp
TONX
Omiee
WTFing
MidnightRider
Konosuke
marc^o^
asclepio_gtr

Please let them know i'm still waiting for a reply to the PM, so I can know if they're still available for the league or not.

UFRA

I won't be able to make it to the practice, I'll be at work.

But when will you decide if race cars are prohibited or not? I'd like to know what car I should be practicing in. :)

Dead Man

I had an idea to help open up the field a bit, but if you think it's silly, or wouldn't work, I won't be offended. I thought maybe you could have 3 classes of vehicle, but all have the same power to weight ratio to open up options for people that want lighter cars, or heavier cars they can't get light enough to be competitive. Maybe 800kg and 331hp and 1200kg and 497hp, which are the same power to weight as the current limit I think.

Anyway, just a thought.

Edit: It would of course mean using a honour system, since PD were silly enough to remove the power to weight stat.

Server will be up for a long time so just join when you can. I don't wanna make it very late because of the SuperGT race. But I delayed it by 1 hour. Gotta do some stuff first.

PRACTICE
p7ASB.png

Autumn Ring
Length: 1.83mi/2950m Longest Straight: 0.26mi/425m Elevation Change: 98.4ft/30.0m Corners: 17

Starting time
t1295712000z0.png

How to join:
Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list and join the private lounge.​

brentech

While I was only there for 2 races and some free run laps with my DS3 instead of wheel, felt like I actually got some decent laps in and had a great time. Going online with fellow GAFers far exceeds the fun of any challenge in the game.

Wish I could of stayed longer, but a day full of plans it is. Props to all that came.

Dead Man

brentech said:
While I was only there for 2 races and some free run laps with my DS3 instead of wheel, felt like I actually got some decent laps in and had a great time. Going online with fellow GAFers far exceeds the fun of any challenge in the game.

Wish I could of stayed longer, but a day full of plans it is. Props to all that came.
Yeah, I had a good time on my 2 quick visits.

I bought one of those Amemiya RX-7's team Wankel is using to find a comparable car. That thing is fucking fast. I was able to put up comparable times to the SuperGT car I've been using in Mushs' league.

I think we should modify the car regulations, otherwise the racing here will mirror the SuperGT League too much. I'd rather see 500hp street cars.

Dead Man

So, I had another thought on how more cars could be viable for the races, and again, if you don't like it, feel free to ignore it. Maybe increasing the weight limit to 1100kg and increasing the power to 450 to compensate. Not many cars can get down to 1000kgs, but a lot more can get close enough to 1100 to be competitive.

Edit: Oh, and will we be able to change cars after the season starts?

weekend_warrior said:
I bought one of those Amemiya RX-7's team Wankel is using to find a comparable car. That thing is fucking fast. I was able to put up comparable times to the SuperGT car I've been using in Mushs' league.

I think we should modify the car regulations, otherwise the racing here will mirror the SuperGT League too much. I'd rather see 500hp street cars.
Yeah it's pretty much near final that we won't be allowing RM/LM cars. Stock cars only (tunning allowed).

Dead Man said:
So, I had another thought on how more cars could be viable for the races, and again, if you don't like it, feel free to ignore it. Maybe increasing the weight limit to 1100kg and increasing the power to 450 to compensate. Not many cars can get down to 1000kgs, but a lot more can get close enough to 1100 to be competitive.
This is supposed to be a mid powered car league. Some people think 414BHP is already too much. I think simply removing RM/LM cars will fix all problems. The test races we had were so much better without them.

Dead Man said:
No :p That's why we'll have a mini league first. If you don't like the car by then you have a chance to change it till the next one starts.

Niks said:
What about making it a one-make series?

Same car same specs for everyone, able to tune the setup.
I don't want to force people to use specific cars, I want anyone to race the car they like... BUT... I was already thinking in making one race side events like that. Some where everyone has the same car, some with classic cars, some with just 1 make (like RUFs ^^), etc.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
This is supposed to be a mid powered car league. Some people think 414BHP is already too much. I think simply removing RM/LM cars will fix all problems. The test races we had were so much better without them.
No :p That's why we'll have a mini league first. If you don't like the car by then you have a chance to change it till the next one starts.
Fair enough. Yeah, I think there is plenty of power, just not enough weight, I just threw the power there since I assumed people would want more. Glad I was wrong.

Dead Man said:

The regulation states that cars must weigh over 1000kg, not below it. Changing it to 1100 would only DQ cars that weigh 1000kg-1099kg.

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah it's pretty much near final that we won't be allowing RM/LM cars. Stock cars only (tunning allowed).
Good news, leaves the field open for more variation.

Metalmurphy said:

Makes sense. I'm just a little biased because I was hoping to use an American car and all the good ones have too much power.

It's too bad GTonline doesn't have a power/weight ratio restrictions. Would make things very interesting.

weekend_warrior said:
Good news, leaves the field open for more variation.

Makes sense. I'm just a little biased because I was hoping to use an American car and all the good ones have too much power.

It's too bad GTonline doesn't have a power/weight ratio restrictions. Would make things very interesting.

Hum, haven't thought of that. I'll look into it.

vissione said:
What course should I be practicing on to measure times and get competitive? I saw someone get 1:15 on Autumn Ring when we did the practice last week but I can't get lower than 1:19 on multiple cars tuned to 408-413BHP.

I think I've bought and tuned 6 street cars and I still can't find something competitive. Then again, it might just be my driving needs work!

Some RM cars were used in the first races so I wouldn't care about that time much.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:

snip
I understand what RM cars means, but not LM. Does LM mean I can't use the Superleggera?

brentech

vissione said:
What course should I be practicing on to measure times and get competitive? I saw someone get 1:15 on Autumn Ring when we did the practice last week but I can't get lower than 1:19 on multiple cars tuned to 408-413BHP.

I think I've bought and tuned 6 street cars and I still can't find something competitive. Then again, it might just be my driving needs work!
I think I ran 3-4 laps in the second race with 1.17.xx
My car is just a tuned RX-8. My tuning (plus being broken in) takes it right to the 414BHP and weighs in at 1085kg. While I feel I have good specs, more can be said for the amount of time I've spent in the car.
I've opened online rooms with our league's restrictions in place and just raced against randoms to get a feel the car in racing conditions. While some of the people that joined destroyed themselves on the first lap, all in all, it was a good time and I've gotten a handle on most of the steering quirks of my ride.

I think people need to just find a car they like and stick with it. That's largely what I feel this league is about. I just got lucky with my team in that others enjoy rotary cars, but with that or not, I'd of chosen the RX-8 because my love/respect for the car itself.

Top Bottom