• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Server going up in 2 minutes! Please only join the lounge when you see me in there, otherwise you'll become the host.

Seems like we'll have a small grid today. About 8 people.

vissione said:
Sorry I was late, I set my alarm clock to wake me up and I didn't quite "get it" when I was waiting on GT5NRL to get online... 40min later I decide to check the lounge anyway and you're all half way done with the race lol....

At least I know that my car has no chance in hell of winning. :)

Yeah the GT5NRL account is just a HUB to share the friendslist. This way we can have a Private Lounge with multiple hosts, without everyone having to add everyone to their friendslist.

Anyway, I think it went great. Balanced cars *cough*NSX*cough*. No lag, no desynchs. Just good racing all around.

Had some good moments with Niks and Brentech, but ultimately my early pit killed the race for me. Tires just gave up on me on the last lap and I went from 2nd to 5th.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah the GT5NRL account is just a HUB to share the friendslist. This way we can have a Private Lounge with multiple hosts, without everyone having to add everyone to their friendslist.

Anyway, I think it went great. Balanced cars *cough*NSX*cough*. No lag, no desynchs. Just good racing all around.

Had some good moments with Niks and Brentech, but ultimately my early pit killed the race for me. Tires just gave up on me on the last lap and I went from 2nd to 5th.
LOL, I won in the M3 CSL too, set a faster lap actually.

Me and BeHest had some awesome practice laps going on afterwards. Corvette vs STi, side by side lap after lap.

I'm having some internet trouble though, keep getting random disconnects, I think my dog's been chewing on my ethernet cable. I have a bad feeling I'm gonna get disconnected in the middle of todays SuperGT race. :(

UFRA

Ahrweiler_Gate.jpg

Zoom-Zoom!

Dead Man

UFRA said:
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/bmwusa03/Ahrweiler_Gate.jpg[IMG]

Zoom-Zoom![/QUOTE]
Nice, that is the other car I was looking at. I guess I should put up some pics of my uber car :)

brentech

my replay was too large to email to you MM, so I'm throwing it up on my webhost for you to grab. Will let you know when you can get it.

edit: and wow, you had like zero tires left on the last lap MM

brentech said:
my replay was too large to email to you MM, so I'm throwing it up on my webhost for you to grab. Will let you know when you can get it.

edit: and wow, you had like zero tires left on the last lap MM

Haha, I know. I went off track on the last 3 corners even though I was going extremely slow and turning like mad. Tires were basically stripped naked at that point.

brentech

Click for 1080p. Some short details to right based on my memory.

- Starting grid getting off the line.

- First turn looking good.

- Deadman already pulling away.

- A few into the grass.

- Huge lead for Deadman.

- Hell at turn 1!

- Niks loses control.

- Deadman all alone.

- MM getting chased.

- A few in for early pit.

- Deadman slips during a turn.

- Schmitty battling with (x)

- Brentech going hard to catchup.

- Pit action.

- Brentech overtaking Schmitty.

- MM chasing Brentech.

- Deadman incoming as well.

- MM sporting heavy damage.

- Deadman overtakes Brentech.

- Brentech trying to hold off MM.

- MM overtakes.

- Brentech overtakes.

- MM overtakes again.

- MM overtakes Niks.

- MM has no tread!!!

- Everyone passes MM.

UFRA

Wow great pics man!!

I'm very excited for this league.

Now if only MM would make up his mind on what the tracks will be we could start practicing for round 1. *nudge nudge* ;)

Great pics Brentech.

UFRA said:
Wow great pics man!!

I'm very excited for this league.

Now if only MM would make up his mind on what the tracks will be we could start practicing for round 1. *nudge nudge* ;)

I was thinking of only announcing the tracks only after the previous race is finished, as in, I'll be announcing the next one today but not the other ones.

You guys think I should announce them all at once instead?

Broseybrose said:
I thought round 1 was today. Thats what the OP says.
Today was the opening event.

Broseybrose

Gotcha.

Well, im off to add GT5NRL to my PSN friends. Forgot to do that part.

Are there any gaf races on the side just for fun?

My PSN is Broseybrose. Guys please add me, i dont have one GT5 friend.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
I was thinking of only announcing the tracks only after the previous race is finished, as in, I'll be announcing the next one today but not the other ones.

You guys think I should announce them all at once instead?

As long as we know the new track a week in advance I don't see an issue doing it one at a time. I assume you have some surprises planned and may want to keep things exciting by waiting to reveal them. :p

UFRA said:
As long as we know the new track a week in advance I don't see an issue doing it one at a time. I assume you have some surprises planned and may want to keep things exciting by waiting to reveal them. :p

Well, I think some special events will be quite surprising and fun :p

These events won't be team based btw, only count for the personal ranking.

brentech

weekend_warrior said:
Very cool pic.

How do people get these pictures? You still there as the whole replay plays and look for interesting moments?
Yeah, sadly it comes to that (praying for a true playback system in future patch). Just tried to change to cars that had others around them hoping for action, but thought some pit pictures would be neat as well.

Dead Man

brentech said:
Click for 1080p. Some short details to right based on my memory.
Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Edit: I also still need a team to join. Don't assume I will be that fast in all the races though, there are a few tracks I absolutely suck at, and I'm sure MM has a few of them selected!

UFRA said:
Well now, that's a fancy schmancy results screen. :p
All credit for the overlay goes to Norante. It's the one we were gonna use for the replays, but since we don't have Youtube upload feature I'm using it for this instead.

Lion Heart said:
Alright guys I'd like to join, any team that needs it really.
Cool, we had 2 new registrations recently.

Schmitty

Awesome photos. I'm excited for this league. Should be great fun. I think I'll be changing cars. The extra 200kg over the reg really killed me. I had the speed, not the acceleration.

Schmitty said:
Awesome photos. I'm excited for this league. Should be great fun. I think I'll be changing cars. The extra 200kg over the reg really killed me. I had the speed, not the acceleration.
You can change your car till the next race but we won't allow changes after that. So all of you need to have your car selected by then.

Metalmurphy said:
You can change your car till the next race but we won't allow changes after that. So all of you need to have your car selected by then.
I'll probably take whatever car my team has. Speaking of teams, can you assign me one at random or one in need MM?

Deep Speed looks cool, love the TT RS...if its cool with the captain.

Lion Heart said:
I'll probably take whatever car my team has. Speaking of teams, can you assign me one at random or one in need MM?

Deep Speed looks cool, love the TT RS...if its cool with the captain.
A team is not limited to the same car so you can choose whatever you want :p And yes, I'll be changing the teams a bit after all the inactive players, and I'll post the new ones soon.

weekend_warrior said:
Have you decided what track we'll be racing next week? I'd like to start practicing.
Currently working on this. Doing some new assets to organize stuff. Will announce asap. Starting to be a bit too much work lol

Shg1a.png

h7GKZ.png

(You can click an event to go to it's respective Preview or check the Race Results and replay files)
(for GMT users, that's 2AM on February 6th. To avoid confusion)

UFRA

Good deal, so 8PM CST for my time.

Perfect. I will definitely be at round 1. :D

Edit: FYI your "PST TIME" and "EST TIME" slot holders are mixed up lol

Opening event!
mc8MH.png

High Speed Ring

Length: 2.49mi/4000m Longest Straight: 0.56mi/900m Elevation Change: 27.9ft/8.5m Corners: 6

t1296957600z0.png

How to join:
Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list and join the private lounge.

Players Participating in Round 1 (16/16):
#01 - Team Wankel - UFRA - (Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02)
#02 - Team Wankel - brentech - (Mazda RX-8 Type S '07)
#03 - Team FR4WD - CozMick - (Nissan Fairlady (Z34) '08)
#04 - Team FR4WD - vissione - (Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05)
#05 - Team Parabolica - weekend_warrior - (Corvette Z06 '04)
#06 - Team Parabolica - Dead Man - (Honda NSX Type R '02)
#07 - Team Fast Windmills through Chemistry - BrLvgThrChmstry - (Lotus Evora '09)
#08 - Team Fast Windmills through Chemistry - Broseybrose - (Honda NSX Type R '02)
#09 - Team Remedy - Schmitty - (Audi TTS Coupe '09)
#10 - Team Remedy - Lead Farmer - (NO CAR REGISTERED)
#11 - Deep Speed - SunhiLegend - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96)
#12 - Deep Speed - Firewire - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96)
#13 - Metal Gear Racing - Metalmurphy - (BMW Z4 '08)
#14 - Metal Gear Racing - Niks - (Honda S2000 '06)
#15 - ANZAC - Mush - (TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00)
#16 - ANZAC - avaya - (Lotus Evora '09) - SUBSTITUTE DRIVER

This is the first round of the League! All members need to have a car chosen by then or will not be able to participate. This car will be used through out the entire league. Two members of each team must register for this round. Make sure you choose your team color and paint your cars accordingly as well.

Time to get this party started!

UFRA said:
Good deal, so 8PM CST for my time.

Perfect. I will definitely be at round 1. :D

Edit: FYI your "PST TIME" and "EST TIME" slot holders are mixed up lol

That was a WIP. Correct version is on the OP, interactive and everything!

I'm putting alot of effort into the OP to make everything understandable and quick to reach. Hope my efforts aren't going to waste by everyone ignoring the constantly updating OP.

UFRA

Do we register for the round by just posting here?

If so...

I'll be one of the racers in round 1 for Team Wankel.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02

Ahrweiler_Gate.jpg

I've PM'd El Beefo Expy about being the other Team Wankel driver for round 1 so that should be sorted out soon.

brentech

UFRA said:
I've PM'd El Beefo Expy about being the other Team Wankel driver for round 1 so that should be sorted out soon.
Hopefully one can make it. I haven't seen Expy around GT5 at all lately. I'm likely to be out of town this weekend.
Thankfully SuperGT is on break as to not make matters worse.

With the end of month coming, UFRA should probably start thinking about what is desired to drive in February NRPC. That is if it continues going on, the turnout has been less than exciting =\
People need to jump on board.

brentech said:
Hopefully one can make it. I haven't seen Expy around GT5 at all lately. I'm likely to be out of town this weekend.
Thankfully SuperGT is on break as to not make matters worse.

With the end of month coming, UFRA should probably start thinking about what is desired to drive in February NRPC. That is if it continues going on, the turnout has been less than exciting =\
People need to jump on board.

That reminds me. Tomorrow is the last day to register laps and get the chance to win any purchasable car!!!

:p

Also, I wanted to make my second lap.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
That reminds me. Tomorrow is the last day to register laps and get the chance to win any purchasable car!!!

:p

Also, I wanted to make my second lap.

If you do that, let me know, I'll do a 2nd one as well.

Top Bottom