• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

January 2011 NPRC (Archive)
gyW4F.jpg

Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 [63 BHP]
1BiTb.png

(click lap times to download the replay file)
dQ8uk.png

2Invu.png
lKuQ7.png

8z5K6.png
5HI2i.png

EmB2l.png
WlTh9.png

L9TAh.png
5ThpI.png

c9BL6.png
OZy1u.png

And, using a random generator, the random winner for this month is.....
http://www.random.org/lists/?mode=advanced said:
There were 3 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Brentech
2. TheSeks
3. SunhiLegend

Timestamp: 2011-02-01 01:28:38 UTC
BRENTECH!

So congratulations to both UFRA and Brentech. You may choose your car now! In case of a Standard please make a list in order of preference of the ones you'd like, because I may not have your first option.

And here's UFRA (left) and Brentech (right) prize cars

UFRA

You sure do hate me! My time looks so slow up there. :p

Edit: and congrats to brentech! That is such a cool idea, hopefully this encourages more people for next month.

I decided my car choice would be the Audi R10 TDI race car (premium). :)

Schmitty

Sent out PM's to my teammates. Here's to hoping they respond. I also have decided on my car.

Audi TTS Coupe '09
411HP/6400RPM, 1173kg

UFRA said:
You sure do hate me! My time looks so slow up there. :p

Edit: and congrats to brentech! That is such a cool idea, hopefully this encourages more people for next month.

I decided my car choice would be the Audi R10 TDI race car (premium). :)

Will be sent out today, but not before I take a photo for the press.

brentech

Oh snaps. -- checks car list --
I could use the premium: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09

Hopefully our times list at least doubles for February.

Your prize has been sent UFRA:

brentech said:
Oh snaps. -- checks car list --
I could use the premium: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09

Hopefully our times list at least doubles for February.

You'll get yours tomorrow as I can't send another one. Any color preference?

I thought you guys were going for the 20.000.000 ones :p

brentech

Metalmurphy said:

That's fine, probably won't be on again today anyways. At least not GT5.

I don't really know which cars run that high, but I already have the Jaguar and didn't feel like loading the game up to find out. In the end, it's just another car off the checklist.
Think I'm at like 370 now - I don't go to the used dealership everyday, I figure it's going to happen eventually anyways.

Is this (Audi TT RS) a standard car? Its not in the used car lot so I have no way of testing it out. Hell, most cars I can't try out. So I'm not sure which car to choose tbh :p

Is the Lexus WED IS350 in the dealership legal?

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
Your prize has been sent UFRA:

Thank you very much!

Nah, I don't need any 20,000,000 car at the moment, a certain buddy of mine has hooked me up with some of those. ;)

Plus, I didn't want to be a greedy bastard. I figured a 4,000,000 car would be plenty enough for me, and I can use it immediately too for the Indy 500 race. (I'm also trying to build up an LMP car collection. The Pescarolo's, BMW V12, and others are on my radar.)

UFRA

I'm so excited for this league to start. weekend_warrior and I had a great 1 on 1 race. Only 2 laps but it was still an awesome race.

A couple pics of the finish...

Thanks to GT5's lack of any replay controls, I missed the exact moment we crossed the finish line, so this is a few feet after it, but you can at least get the idea of how close it was...lol (our time difference was 0.049)

High%20Speed%20Ring.jpg

High%20Speed%20Ring.jpg

Lion Heart said:
Is this (Audi TT RS) a standard car? Its not in the used car lot so I have no way of testing it out. Hell, most cars I can't try out. So I'm not sure which car to choose tbh :p

It's an Audi TTS Coupe '09 and yes it's a premium.

Niks

Tried two cars yesterday, the Clio 24V and the S2000 neither one could keep up with weekends corvette. Stock setup though.

Metalmurphy said:
It's an Audi TTS Coupe '09 and yes it's a premium.
I knew it!!

I have that car but I probably won't use it. I really wanted the same car as everyone else on the team so we can share tuning setups and stuff but I'm not feeling the car yet.

What about that Lexus I mentioned, legal?

Lion Heart said:
I knew it!!

I have that car but I probably won't use it. I really wanted the same car as everyone else on the team so we can share tuning setups and stuff but I'm not feeling the car yet.

What about that Lexus I mentioned, legal?

Think so. Lemme get back to you in a bit.

Btw Brentech... That Merc is freaking 500.000 credits. You sure you don't want something more... expensive?

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
Btw Brentech... That Merc is freaking 500.000 credits. You sure you don't want something more... expensive?
Had to load it up and look - suppose I could use the Bently race car that's available in the online dealership. Haven't seen it till the online dealership went up.

brentech

Lion Heart said:
I'd say you're safe to assume any car with sponsor logos on it is illegal.

@MM, not sure if you missed my post above, but just to clarify - would like to change my reward car request to the Bentley Speed 8 Race Car that's available in the online dealership.

brentech said:
I'd say you're safe to assume any car with sponsor logos on it is illegal.

@MM, not sure if you missed my post above, but just to clarify - would like to change my reward car request to the Bentley Speed 8 Race Car that's available in the online dealership.

I saw it, can only send it in 4 hours though :p

brentech

That's fine, just wanted to make sure you noticed.

With winter storms last night and today, our vacation got destroyed here, so while we still plan to find some stuff to do, there is a possibilty that I can make Round 1 if our other driver's don't show.

UFRA

brentech said:
That's fine, just wanted to make sure you noticed.

With winter storms last night and today, our vacation got destroyed here, so while we still plan to find some stuff to do, there is a possibilty that I can make Round 1 if our other driver's don't show.

Oh thank goodness. Beefo can't make it, and so far I haven't heard from expy or h3ro.

gunther

I have picked my car, honda nsx Type R '02.
Now i need someone to pick me.

Anyway what times are you guys doing in the high speed ring.

Schmitty

Decided on my car, now with picture:

Audi TTS Coupe '09
411HP/6400RPM, 1173kg

My heritage requires me to drive German. I just couldn't make myself drive a Japanese tuner. :lol

MJ32dRC783jnlLtNt_0.jpg

Man, you people are too committed to win this it seems lol :p

Do it for the lulz guys, not the trophies.

Permadeath said:
My car will be a BMW M3 CSL '03

@MM: 414BHP is allowed by the rules?
Hum yes. The limits on GT5 online mode are with the last number included. I think.

avaya

oh for ffs, was gonna go for the nsx, hoped no one would notice it

Anyway car fitting driving style is more important than pure speed. Consistency will be rewarded!

UFRA

I ran a 1:05.397 yesterday with my RX-7 on High Speed Ring. 412HP, 1102kg, 316ftlbs of torque. I'd have to check the power to weight ratio, but I'd think it's about the same as the NSX.

Yeah me and UFRA were running low 1.05's last night, so I'm not too worried about the NSX. We found out in the SuperGT league that it's impossible to expect every car to perform the same, and there are plenty of cars across the new/used dealerships if someone is determined to found something faster.

UFRA

Just checked and my RX-7 has a power/weight ratio of 2.63 kg/HP, so it's technically slightly worse than the NSX.

They're essentially the same though, aside from handling. The NSX may handle a little better, but other than that I don't see it being that much of an issue. People make plenty of mistakes so just having a powerful car isn't everything. ;)

UFRA said:
Just checked and my RX-7 has a power/weight ratio of 2.63 kg/HP, so it's technically slightly worse than the NSX.

They're essentially the same though, aside from handling. The NSX may handle a little better, but other than that I don't see it being that much of an issue. People make plenty of mistakes so just having a powerful car isn't everything. ;)

Does GTs stats tell you that, where are you getting that p/w ratio?

Its probably as simple as dividing the numbers isnt it? :p

Broseybrose said:
Im still experimenting with cars, but im definitely racing for Team Fast Windmills Through Chemistry on Saturday.

Also, MM, i saw a post in this thread where my captain wanted to change his car from the Z4 to the LOTUS EVORA. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25707640&postcount=685

Oh, MM is aware of my car swap. Also, the team color is "Orange" -- Paint your vehicle of choice this color (When you decide upon one), don't forget!

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Oh, MM is aware of my car swap. Also, the team color is "Orange" -- Paint your vehicle of choice this color (When you decide upon one), don't forget!

I actually forgot to change it :p You were still listed with the Z4

UFRA

Lion Heart said:
Does GTs stats tell you that, where are you getting that p/w ratio?

Its probably as simple as dividing the numbers isnt it? :p

lol yeah GT5 does give you this info. If you go to the "Tuning" (settings) section for a car, and then select the "Current Performance" tab on the right side of the screen you get more details.

The 2nd picture that vissione posted up above with his NSX is exactly where to find it. His car's power/weight ratio is listed in that pic at 2.61.

Dead Man

avaya said:
oh for ffs, was gonna go for the nsx, hoped no one would notice it

Anyway car fitting driving style is more important than pure speed. Consistency will be rewarded!
If you're quiet you can use the excuse that it is our team car... :)

UFRA said:
lol yeah GT5 does give you this info. If you go to the "Tuning" (settings) section for a car, and then select the "Current Performance" tab on the right side of the screen you get more details.

The 2nd picture that vissione posted up above with his NSX is exactly where to find it. His car's power/weight ratio is listed in that pic at 2.61.

Thanks thats great.

Top Bottom