• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Gunther, KingOfKong and I have agreed to form a new team, if still possible. We have not decided on the captainship yet. Or team name.

Members:

* Permadeath
* gunther
* KingOfKong

EDIT: Never mind: I see there are 8 teams already.

Broseybrose

Are you guys gonna hate me if i go with the '02 NSX? (Electric Orange)

Tonight i bought one, tuned it and was putting up 1:06-1:07 times on high speed ring. This was driving any NSX for the first time, too.

It just seems to be the right car for the league requirements... for me. And hopefully itll get me through the other tracks just as smoothly. Im on a dualshock.

That cool with everybody?

Ill add the final stats to one of these images once the engine is done breaking in.

Angst

I wouldn't worry too much about finding a car that is exactly spot on the limits. As long you're over 405 BHP and not more than 70-80 kilos over the minimum weight it doesn't matter all that much.

I did some experimenting yesterday for an online race we're having today:

High Speed Ring

1. Ford GT '06, 850 BHP - 0.59 mins
2. Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car, 750 BHP - 0.59 mins
3. Ford GT Race Car, 885 BHP - 0.58 mins
4. Chevrolet ZR1 RM, 850 BHP - 1.00 mins

I expected the Corvette to slaughter the Ford GTs, especially the LM Spec II Test Car as the Ford has 100 BHP less and weighs more. Not the case at all.

I did only 3 laps per car though and I could probably have shaved off that extra second with the Vette.

Permadeath said:
Gunther, KingOfKong and I have agreed to form a new team, if still possible. We have not decided on the captainship yet. Or team name.

Members:

* Permadeath
* gunther
* KingOfKong

EDIT: Never mind: I see there are 8 teams already.

I'll do my best to put you 3 together, but I doubt it's gonna be possible. Probably one of you will have to go to a separate team.

I apologize for being a bit slow on this lately, but I've been kinda busy.

Btw, if the Grid isn't full by Friday I'll start accepting substitute drivers, so anyone can fill in for the missing slots.

Angst

I've decided on a car! Nissan 350Z (can't remember the full name), will post a pic later.

I think I'll pass on the first race though as it will be a bit too late for me. I really want to participate but I'll be a wreck at 3AM... both on the track and in my head :D

gunther

great now everyone will start using a nsx :(. Mine is pretier anyway.

MetalMurphy i dont want to put any pression on you but when we will now if the unallocated drivers will drive or not. Yesterday I was testing my blue NSX and doing some tuning during half of the day.
During my practice session i found a wierd bug or something but hte more i used my car the more hp had. i started at 414hp and ended with 420 hp.
My best time was 1.04.xx.

gunther said:
great now everyone will start using a nsx :(. Mine is pretier anyway.

MetalMurphy i dont want to put any pression on you but when we will now if the unallocated drivers will drive or not.
Not sure I understand the question.

gunther said:
Yesterday I was testing my blue NSX and doing some tuning during half of the day. During my practice session i found a wierd bug or something but hte more i used my car the more hp had. i started at 414hp and ended with 420 hp.
My best time was 1.04.xx.

Not a bug, that's the engine breaking in

Dead Man

So with me that's 3 NSX's? :( Maybe I'll try something different, have to play around a bit over the next couple days. I think people are already using the other cars I was looking at (m3 CSL, Evora) so I'll have to have a bit of a look and see what I can find.

Could not get faster than a low 1.17 in my lancer. The fight for first might be too hard for me. I have no idea how to tune a car. Hoping I have an entertaining race anyway, after all theres no point racing if your not enjoying it.

I'm not gonna stop someone from using the Honda NSX Type R '02, but I will stop an entire team from using them :p

Just in case you guys are getting any ideas :p

Btw,

Any of you can't race on Round 1 for some reason? Cause one of you has to go to a team that already has 2 members racing on Round 1.

Niks

SunhiLegend said:
Could not get faster than a low 1.17 in my lancer. The fight for first might be too hard for me. I have no idea how to tune a car. Hoping I have an entertaining race anyway, after all theres no point racing if your not enjoying it.

First thing you gotta do is change the gear ratio to suit the track.

Dead Man

I'll be racing with Weekend Warrior this weekend, Metalmurphy. Don't know if you had that in the PM I sent you.

For those struggling with car setups, I can only suggest buying he racing suspension and reading all the information available when you click the question marks. It is actually a pretty good basic overview of suspension tuning.

Dead Man said:
I'll be racing with Weekend Warrior this weekend, Metalmurphy. Don't know if you had that in the PM I sent you.

For those struggling with car setups, I can only suggest buying he racing suspension and reading all the information available when you click the question marks. It is actually a pretty good basic overview of suspension tuning.

We'll, you are there aren't you? :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25693059&postcount=643

Metalmurphy said:
I'm not gonna stop someone from using the Honda NSX Type R '02, but I will stop an entire team from using them :p

Btw,

Any of you can't race on Round 1 for some reason? Cause one of you has to go to a team that already has 2 members racing on Round 1.

im able to race but still have a few questions about how the league works. any way of hopping on the chat to help a newbie out?

Metalmurphy said:

Btw,

Go ahead and put me on the team that has two already racing. I have dinner plans that evening anyhow and would have had to rush home to make the race time.

I think I am ready to register my car.

Lotus Esprit V8 '02
413HP/7100RPM, 1144kg

HighSpeedRing.jpg

UFRA

We should have some kind of big practice session soon.

Seems like theres a few people who could use some helpful advice with tuning. A High Speed Ring practice plus tuning advice combined would be fun. I'm pretty confident we could help improve that 1:17 SunhiLegend. :p

Depending on what works for everyone, I'd be available most late afternoons/nights (since I work in the AM).

I'd even be up for it tonight later. I have a lot of snow cleanup to do today since we got about 12" last night in the blizzard, but I'll be ready in a few hours.

brentech

UFRA said:
I'd even be up for it tonight later. I have a lot of snow cleanup to do today since we got about 12" last night in the blizzard, but I'll be ready in a few hours.
Guh, I'm near Cleveland and we just got an assload of ice last night. Driveway has about 2" of it. Been snowing since the morning, but doesn't seem to be accumulating like that. Usually we get the snow here due to lake effect, but when I lived in Columbus we always got iced over.

Any response from our other teammates?

UFRA

brentech said:
Guh, I'm near Cleveland and we just got an assload of ice last night. Driveway has about 2" of it. Been snowing since the morning, but doesn't seem to be accumulating like that. Usually we get the snow here due to lake effect, but when I lived in Columbus we always got iced over.

Any response from our other teammates?

I'm in southern Wisconsin and for the first time in my life we had a "Civil Danger Warning" in the middle of the night saying the plows were being pulled, road conditions would not improve, and if you become stranded that a rescue may not be possible. It was crazy.

They even shut down the interstate by me too.

Haven't received any word from expy or h3ro yet. :/

Practice is always helpfull. I should be able to get online anytime between 11pm - 4am gmt, maybe earlier. Would be great if we have a good amount of people joining tonight.

avaya

Just got confirmation from 2 team members, need to confirm with weekend_warrior only but we're gonna register as Team Parabolica.

Broseybrose

Im online right now if anyone would like to join me. PSN - Broseybrose.

Also, can someone provide a master PSN ID list? I figure ill add you all since no one has added me.

Sent from my PS3.

UFRA

Ok right now it is about 4:30PM CST.

I'm having dinner shortly, and then I'd be ready to put up a room by about 6PM CST.

Plan for that as a time to start our practice (unless someone starts one earlier of course).

gunther

Metalmurphy said:

Btw,

until now i can race these wekeend. I dont care how.
Offcourse if i get out for some reason i will understand :(.

UFRA

MM, what is GT5NRL's lounge settings set at?

One thing I'm not sure of is - if someone uses GT5NRL's private lounge to host a race, does it use GT5NRL's lounge settings (as far as race quality and voice chat quality) or does it use the host's settings?

UFRA said:
MM, what is GT5NRL's lounge settings set at?

One thing I'm not sure of is - if someone uses GT5NRL's private lounge to host a race, does it use GT5NRL's lounge settings (as far as race quality and voice chat quality) or does it use the host's settings?

I'm not sure either. So I set both of them the same. If it is indeed using my settings then it's High Quality and Voice Chat disabled.

I know it does "share" the starting track and lounge name, not sure about the quality settings.

And if you guys wanna practice you should definitely use the GT5NRL lounge. Easiest way to "hub" the friends lists.

gunther said:
until now i can race these wekeend. I dont care how.
Offcourse if i get out for some reason i will understand :(.

Seems that the times don't work very well for KingOfKong so he's probably gonna be the one on the other team.

Got some free time now so I'm gonna set this up now.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
I'm not sure either. So I set both of them the same. If it is indeed using my settings then it's High Quality and Voice Chat disabled.

I know it does "share" the starting track and lounge name, not sure about the quality settings.

And if you guys wanna practice you should definitely use the GT5NRL lounge. Easiest way to "hub" the friends lists.

Awesome, I use High and Disabled as well for my settings during events anyways.

Gonna be putting up a practice room in just a few minutes unless one is already up. Hope to see many of us on. :)

Team Deep Speed and Team Remedy still have 1 slot left to register for Round 1. Do so if you want to race.

KingOfKong, you might still be able to race as a substitute if team ANZAC doesn't get their ass off the couch.

And now a list of stuff that needs to be sorted.

These players haven't registered a car yet:
* expy (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* h3ro (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* El Beefo (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Mush (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Juicy Bob (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* jambo (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Caramello (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Firewire (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Lion heart (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Permadeath (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Angst (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* gutterboy44 (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* GroteSmurf (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* avaya (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Dead Man (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* carpediemdp (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* eternal prize (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Omiee (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Konosuke (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Lead Farmer (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* gunther (NO CAR REGISTERED)

These teams haven't chosen a color:
NEG5a.png

2bsk8.png

JiHfo.png

Unnamed Team #1:
qzCNU.png

PiAbF.png

These teams haven't chosen a captain:
9Tjdu.png

JUBh9.png

qzCNU.png

PiAbF.png

This stupid team hasn't chosen a freaking name yet:
Unnamed Team #1:

UFRA

High Speed Ring practice room is up.

To join, make sure you have "GT5NRL" added as a PS3 friend, and join the private lounge by going to Community > GT5NRL > Lounge.

Believe me MM I'm working on it. I bought like 4 cars and tested them to see which car to choose but haven't came up with a decision just yet.

UFRA said:
High Speed Ring practice room is up.

To join, make sure you have "GT5NRL" added as a PS3 friend, and join the private lounge by going to Community > GT5NRL > Lounge.

friend request is still pending for me

brentech

While I'm not the captain, both UFRA and I have yellow cars on Team Wankel. So I guess that's just dibs for now, I'll make sure UFRA verifies.

got a chance do watch a few practice races and participate in one of them before the girlfriend booted me off the TV. Some of you were turning in 1:04 laptimes! looks like i need to tune my car or practice a bunch more, I can't seem to get under 1:06.

Top Bottom