• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

gunther

Schmitty said:
I am captain of Team Remedy and our team color is black

I have benn assignated to your team, hope you dont have any problems :p.

PD: Fantastic practice tonight hopo to have more tomorrow.

Schmitty

Anyone else get booted from the lobby? Sidenote: this league seems to be getting so serious. All these low lap times are really discouraging and makes me not want to bother

gunther

Schmitty said:
Anyone else get booted from the lobby? Sidenote: this league seems to be getting so serious. All these low lap times are really discouraging and makes me not want to bother

Maybe fine tuning shouldnt be allowed. Its to much advantage for the people that puts to much time in the game.

Dead Man

Niks said:
Room is still open. Looking for a NSX player to join!!
And so we see that the true threat is not the NSX, but the Evora! Looking forward to racing against the Evora drivers for real, I guess that means I'll be taking the NSX-R for my car.

Schmitty said:
I am just enjoying the racing, I don't expect to win many races with the field we have, and the quality of some of the drivers. If you want some tuning tips I'm sure people will be able to help out. What car are you driving?

Great races, guys. I D/C'd from the lobby, couldn't reconnect. @UFRA -- the last race to the finish line was epic but I was kicked before I could save the replay :/

Great games though! Had a blast!

UFRA

Absolutely awesome racing today guys, just a ton of fun.

Apparently GT5 servers went down or something, because we all got kicked. I kept getting a message saying server error 263 or something like that. Even one said "Please retry some time later" lol

Niks

Some quick pics of practice today.

YLRYf.jpg

iWeQs.jpg

5xHEo.jpg

I've had an absolute blast the past two nights doing practice sessions. Almost every race has been a nail biter, and it's been awesome pushing these cars to the limit looking for an extra 1/10th second.

vissione said:
Also, white_shadow if you tune a STi and get better results than I do before the league starts fill me in on your specs!

I spent about 2 hours tuning and testing an '10 STi and could only run consistent 1:08's. I just don't think the AWD's have any advantage when you slap on racing softs, and it ends up getting hampered by it's weight and high CoG. I couldn't turn any harder in corners compared to my Corvette and on straights it gets dominated.

Maybe MM will add 1 or 2 wet tracks to the series to let the AWD users have their moment of glory.

Permadeath said:
I've registered my car already in this post. Do I need to submit a pic or specs?

Not necessary but it would look nice :p

Updated to do list:
These players haven't registered a car yet:
* expy (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* h3ro (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* El Beefo (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Juicy Bob (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* jambo (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Caramello (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Firewire (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Lion heart (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* gutterboy44 (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* GroteSmurf (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* avaya (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* carpediemdp (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* eternal prize (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Omiee (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Konosuke (NO CAR REGISTERED)
* Lead Farmer (NO CAR REGISTERED)

These teams still don't have 2 members registered for Round 1:
PiAbF.png

JiHfo.png

2bsk8.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25693059&postcount=643

Dead Man

I will be driving the Honda NSX-R 2002 model. After seeing the others in their Evora's I feel not even a bit of guilt at this :) Pic to come in a few hours.

UFRA

Team Wankel's color is YELLOW.

I've contacted everyone on the team about the race. So far a couple people can't make it, 1 is a 'maybe', and 1 hasn't responded at all.

UFRA

avaya said:
What's the fastest laptimes people are doing on HSR?

Anyone in the 1:03's or lower?

My best with my RX-7 was a 1:05.2 yesterday during a race. In practice I run 1:05.3's.

Yesterday we had someone run a 1:03.something, (I'm guessing it was Niks in the Evora lol). I know he at least ran a 1:04 at one point.

I think anything from 1:06 or less is a good time.

brentech

UFRA said:
Team Wankel's color is YELLOW.

I've contacted everyone on the team about the race. So far a couple people can't make it, 1 is a 'maybe', and 1 hasn't responded at all.
I confirmed I should be able to be there if the others can't. Since this was supposed to be my wife's vacation time, I wanted to make sure she wasn't going to be annoyed by that.

UFRA

brentech said:
I confirmed I should be able to be there if the others can't. Since this was supposed to be my wife's vacation time, I wanted to make sure she wasn't going to be annoyed by that.

Awesome, that's great news. As far as I'm concerned, you're racing on Saturday then. It's getting too close to the weekend and not hearing from some people yet is making me nervous. lol

Go ahead and register for the race if you want.

@ Niks: check our team chat.

3 NSX Type Rs, all in different teams, thats acceptable. Maybe you should choose your drivers strategically for the different Rounds now :p

Angst

I've finally decided on a car!

I will be using the Audi TTS '09, 413 BHP, 1175 kg. Repainted in our team colour:

EgILX.jpg

Mine in the correct color:

Btw, if you guys want me to add that Black square with the stats to your pics just let me know that I'll do it for you. (You'll have to give me the stats too obviously :p)

Mush

On behalf of ANZAC, I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for mucking around so far and that I'm trying to get our shit together pronto. I'm going to use the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 if that's ok.

Mush said:
On behalf of ANZAC, I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for mucking around so far and that I'm trying to get our shit together pronto. I'm going to use the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 if that's ok.
As long as it's not the RM like you had previously chosen :p

Niks

Angst said:
I've finally decided on a car!

I will be using the Audi TTS '09, 413 BHP, 1175 kg. Repainted in our team colour:

EgILX.jpg

Such an awesome color, whoever suggested it definitively has good taste!
;)

Schmitty

I am captain of team remedy (I named it afterall) and our team color will be boring gray. Lead Farmer, I'd stay away from the M3. It's extra 200kg over the limit is killer.

Dead Man

A pic from the practise yesterday, UFRA and I finishing somewhat closely. 0.03s difference!
BqBUL.jpg

Also finally took a picture of my car I like:
sgnwO.jpg

I would love for you to add the stats box MM, relevant numbers are:
3179 cc
414hp/7600rpm
42kgfm/6100rpm
1102kg
MR

Edit: Don't know if he has told you, but Team Parabolica has decided weekend_warrior will be our captain.

Schmitty said:
I am captain of team remedy (I named it afterall) and our team color will be boring gray. Lead Farmer, I'd stay away from the M3. It's extra 200kg over the limit is killer.

hmm ok, I'll work on finding something better today. Grey? ok

Thanks

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
I'll put weekend_warrior one on the OP, but I also made it with the box

http://i.imgur.com/yoULv.jpg[IMG]

If you want mine on the OP instead just say so.[/QUOTE]
Awesome too, thanks. If you want consistency then put yours up, I'm not really fussed, they both look great.

[QUOTE=CozMick]NSX Racing League :p[/QUOTE]
Hey, I offered to use something else! :D

Angst

The league isn't all about winning though so I don't mind that my TTS weighs 75 kilos more. Looking forward to running circles around the Hondas in wet weather though :D

CozMick

Banned
Angst said:
The league isn't all about winning though so I don't mind that my TTS weighs 75 kilos more. Looking forward to running circles around the Hondas in wet weather though :D

*4WD high five*

Dead Man

Angst said:
Hell, I couldn't even keep the thing in straight line when we practised on a wet track!

Top Bottom