• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
So far no team has 2 members or more with the same car. Lets keep it that way ok? :p

Also, I updated the OP and the To-do stuff, let me know if something is wrong:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25759893&postcount=816

Oh, and I am now accepting substitute drivers for the missing 5 slots. But be warned, you WILL be kicked out if a team member that's supposed to race confirms that he can make it afterall.
Looks good except Team Parabolica selected weekend warrior for our captain.

CozMick

Banned
vissione said:
If he switches to a 4WD we'll have to change our team name :lol

Weather races would be nice, even if it's a side "for fun" event and not part of the actual league.

Holy Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I totally forgot that I chose the Fairlady.

Why did I have it in my head that I was driving the Audi TT?

*total mind implosion*

UFRA said:
Oh, MM, you silly goose are you going to make it rain on us on High Speed Ring?

Hey, i'm just a mere mortal, I don't control those things... if it rains it rains.

Also

4IIZY.png

- What are the prizes?
Yes! Yes there are!
At the end of the month, the NeoGAFer with the fastest time, as well as a randomly selected participant, will be allowed to choose ANY purchasable premium car, as well as a limited list of standard cars (I don't have them all yet :p), to receive as a prize.
Craving for that F1 car? Here's your chance to get it!​

- How do I submit my time:
Everything you need to know is on the NRPC OT

- The reasonably priced car for this month (February 2011):
CeNLt.jpg

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01 [143 BHP]
1BiTb.png

Broseybrose said:
Hey MM, are you aware that your PSN friends list is full? I just tried to add you.

Yeah I know. I keep removing people but it keeps getting full anyway. Getting to a point where I can't remove more people.

UFRA

Damnit, if I would have known that 31,000 was within the 'reasonably priced' range I would have had a lot more choices. Here I thought we were sticking to cars 20,000 or less for some reason LOL.

Good choice of car though, I love Golfs. :)

*nudges Seks*

Hey, are we gonna set times together again? That was fun last time. RPC time party!

Mush

Metalmurphy said:
Welcome to my world. Will you be available for racing tomorrow (or today)?
My deep knowledge of time zones fails me, so I'm gonna need a countdown link. Can't find it in the OP. :/

UFRA

What happens if people don't have a car "registered" by tomorrow?

It's starting to look like only me and brentech are all set to go as far as Team Wankel goes. Beefo and h3ro were not available for round 1 but I think they're still game for the league. Expy is MIA, got no response at all yet. :/

UFRA said:
What happens if people don't have a car "registered" by tomorrow?

It's starting to look like only me and brentech are all set to go as far as Team Wankel goes. Beefo and h3ro were not available for round 1 but I think they're still game for the league. Expy is MIA, got no response at all yet. :/

If they're not racing then it's no problem :p As soon as they race with one car, that's the car they'll use for the rest of the league.

Mush said:
Oh joys of browsing GAF without images turned on! That time should work for me.
Gonna register you for Round 1 then.

Mush

Metalmurphy said:
Gonna register you for Round 1 then.
Since no one else on my team gives a shit, I'm going to take Purple if that's alright. :p I got some pics of my baby as well, just not in my colours. I'll chuck them up in a bit.

Broseybrose

Fast Windmills captain is BrLvgThrChmstry. If he doesnt want it or doesnt show then ill take his place i guess. Im pretty sure he'll show.

Broseybrose said:
Fast Windmills captain is BrLvgThrChmstry. If he doesnt want it or doesnt show then ill take his place i guess. Im pretty sure he'll show.

I am not the captain you deserved, but the captain you needed.

Guess you can count me in as Team captain and I'll definitely be there tonight. Still need to paint my car...

avaya said:
Wanna register the NSX Type R 02 as my car if possible.
Already one on your team, not gonna force you to choose another one, but if you got something else in mind and can choose that instead I'd appreciate it :p

avaya

Metalmurphy said:
Already one on your team, not gonna force you to choose another one, but if you got something else in mind and can choose that instead I'd appreciate it :p

Lotus Evora then

avaya said:
Cool. Is it straight into the race at 2AM? or are we doing a QLF/Practice just before?
Server goes up a few minutes before just to prep things up. 5 minutes warm up. 10 minutes qualifying. Then race. If you're not in the server by the time qualifying ends, you won't race.

Also, we now have a full 16 players grid for Round 1. Awesome!

mil6es

Team Deep Speed captain registering for tonight's race with hopefully Lion Heart as second driver.

EDIT: Opss might be to late registering

mil6es said:
Team Deep Speed captain registering for tonight's race with hopefully Lion Heart as second driver.

i'm running my Audi TTS

EDIT: Opss might be to late registering

Yeah... Your team already has 2 members registered. I can change it, but you'll have to sort it out between yourself who races. I won't put someone in place of the other one unless both agree.

mil6es

naa I'll be substitute driver if any of the two drop out.

Registering new car : Audi R8

Also Registering new DEEP SPEED team colour as : New Indy Yellow Pearl

5419121581_4bc7803a3a_b.jpg

its as fun as it is heavy

4 hours till the race starts people! Hope you're all ready!

@ CozMick: Sent you an invite from the GT5NRL account, you'll need it on ur friends list to enter the lounge.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
4 hours till the race starts people! Hope you're all ready!

lol I'm currently using the Data Transfer Utility to transfer 100GB+ of data into my new Slim PS3. :p

Only says 30 minutes left so luckily I'll be all set for tonight. Can't wait!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metal: VW Gold GTi '05 is 262HP stock, right? I'm wondering if I need a new one/buy a new one or if this is stock. :/

Angst

brentech said:
There a way to make sure it limits to that? Cause while mine is un-tuned, with just 21km on it, it's already broke to 150hp.
Buy a new one... only way unfortunately. :p

Angst said:
Buy a new one... only way unfortunately. :p
We allow break-in. One of the reasons why we allow another attempt in a different day (gives you time to break-in if you haven't already).

That being said, all my times are with the cars almost as new. I hardly practice. Until we get some better restriction options for online servers, there really isn't much i can do.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
We allow break-in. One of the reasons why we allow another attempt in a different day (gives you time to break-in if you haven't already).

That being said, all my times are with the cars almost as new. I hardly practice. Until we get some better restriction options for online servers, there really isn't much i can do.

Oh wow, I never knew that. All this time I've been driving cars with no break-in for the RPC challenge lol. (practiced in arcade mode to prevent break-in)

brentech

UFRA said:
Oh wow, I never knew that. All this time I've been driving cars with no break-in for the RPC challenge lol. (practiced in arcade mode to prevent break-in)
Yeah, same. I'd just happened to use this one on a past seasonal. Then I got to thinking, how are we to know that everyone is on a level playing field? Wasn't aware we allowed that, I just used the stock online garage model last time since it happened to be available for that car.

They should be able to add a 'restrict to standard parts' option without too much pain.

Schmitty

Shit, I have to last minute drop out because of a family emergency. I know gunther is racing but I'm going to PM my other teammates to see if they can fill the spot

Schmitty said:
Shit, I have to last minute drop out because of a family emergency. I know gunther is racing but I'm going to PM my other teammates to see if they can fill the spot

If not we got Mil6es as a substitute. I hope. Also gunther isn't registered. Lead Farmer is.

Top Bottom