• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Broseybrose

I would like to change my official league photo to this. MAJOR props to weekend_warrior for his help. He took one of my GT5 photos and made it about 100x cooler.

PYBY3.jpg

brentech

Had quite a few names wrong in my Round 1 photo summary. Hopefully caught all the mistakes. The difference of GAF to PSN ID's also confuses the shit out of me. I remember some people by their GAF ID, others more so by their PSN, and then it all just gets jumbled in my head. Hope it's all corrected now, even though it has no purpose other than fun recapping.

My favorite image from the event:

You two had an amazing back and forth for a really long time.

vissione said:
I wish that were the case for me. No matter what I did it would only stay with intermediate tires. I tried changing to softs, to rain, no go. My pit dudes were lazy and kept putting on the wrong tires!

How could you tell if they were the wrong tires?

brentech

vissione said:
I felt no difference in the grip, and when I went back to the pits it always said "Racing: Intermediate" even tho I selected "Racing: Rain" a lap before. Every other time I pitted on dry practice runs my last choice would show up when I returned to the pits, along with any fuel I requested.

It was my first time racing in dynamic weather though, maybe that's different.
When you go into the pits the drop boxes show the tires that are recommended, not what you're currently using. You probably got what you selected, but it is hard to feel a difference. I personally don't like intermediate. If it suggests that, I stick with Racing Soft. If it suggests Racing Rain I will use those, though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metal: You're doing RPC lobbies this weekend right? I want to set a time on Friday before I do R246 in the SuperGT league.

That was an awesome video, I love the beginning you get to see what the heck just happened from my point of view. Luckily I went through without a scratch, Days of Thunder style.

A question to all Team Captains. Have you guys been getting in touch with all of your members?

There's alot of people on teams that have never even posted here :/

Also UFRA, what's up with your team? Haven't even chosen cars.

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
A question to all Team Captains. Have you guys been getting in touch with all of your members?

From my knowledge on our team: Expy I haven't seen in GT5 or on GAF for quite a while. He's on my friends list, but usually spot him playing ME2 or something else. I know he dove into GT5 really hard after release, had most of A&B Spec complete within 2/3 weeks - then totally fell off the game. No idea if he plans on playing again.

H3ro and Beefo are both in the SuperGT league (actually are a team together) and I believe they just told UFRA they couldn't make this round 1 - so I assume they still intend to participate, but yeah - need more info.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:

Sure, pick on MY team but not on ANZAC!!! LOL kidding.

Team Wankel is in a rough patch right now. Our future is uncertain.

brentech's summary above is 99% accurate (except beefo and h3ro are not teammates in Super GT, Beefo is with Juicy Bob and h3ro is with Salacious Crumb lol).

I have sent Expy several PM's over the course of the past few weeks, I have received no response. He is officially MIA at this point. I will send him a PSN message tonight and see if he still wants to be in the league.

As for Beefo and h3ro, as brentech said, they DID respond to my recent PM's and were just unable to make it to round 1. However, they did not mention anything about leaving the league or anything so at this point they're still in. I have sent PM's regarding round 2 to them both, and did not receive a response yet. I also reminded them to register a car with you.

Overall our primary functioning portion of the team is just me and brentech. Speaking of which, brentech - if all else fails, are you able to race on the 19th? I definitely won't be able to since I will be working in the morning.

brentech

Ah yeah, not sure why I mixed up their teammates...

As per the 19th, I'll know more after Friday based off my wife's work schedule. She's a floating pharmacist, so her schedule is based on other people's time off and overlap needs - meaning her schedule is always fluctuating.

If she's not working then other plans could come into play (such as this Saturday, she has the day off so we made plans with another couple and I'll be missing SuperGT. Sadly, I don't think my teammate can make it either), but it doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't be able to make it.

If she is working, I generally don't have much else to worry about getting in the way

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
I'm not picking on anyone :p Just trying to decide to which team Toxa goes.

Well we could definitely use another active member, that's for sure. Only thing is Toxa's using an S2000 so if he would not mind using a rotary powered car for the sake of our team that would be nice.

But at this point things aren't working out too well for us and just having another person would indeed help. Be it rotary powered or not.

UFRA said:
Well we could definitely use another active member, that's for sure. Only thing is Toxa's using an S2000 so if he would not mind using a rotary powered car for the sake of our team that would be nice.

But at this point things aren't working out too well for us and just having another person would indeed help. Be it rotary powered or not.

I think there are other teams worst off to be honest :p

Permadeath just quit the league btw. Won't say why but I agree with why he left.

State of the Union Address- Team Parabolica:

Weekend_Warrior. OK! (Sexy black Corvette Z06) Always in the thread, always online, always participating in both league practices.

Dead Man. OK! (NSX-R) After a frustrating first week he made an idle threat about leaving the league but I didn't take it serious and fully expect him to be a strong member of our team. Active in the thread, active in the practices.

Avaya. OK! Not commonly seen in the thread, but he seems to be taking the league seriously and was even a sub last week. Needs to start participating in practices though.

Carpediemdp. QUESTIONABLE? (NO CAR REGISTERED) I exchanged PM's with him before, he informed me that he lives in Columbia and recently changed ISP's, but he doesn't seem to be online very often, and I don't even think he's accepted my PSN friend request. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now but at best he seems questionable.

Dead Man

weekend_warrior said:
State of the Union Address- Team Parabolica:

Weekend_Warrior. OK! (Sexy black Corvette Z06) Always in the thread, always online, always participating in both league practices.

Dead Man. OK! (NSX-R) After a frustrating first week he made an idle threat about leaving the league but I didn't take it serious and fully expect him to be a strong member of our team. Active in the thread, active in the practices.

Avaya. OK! Not commonly seen in the thread, but he seems to be taking the league seriously and was even a sub last week. Needs to start participating in practices though.

Carpediemdp. QUESTIONABLE? (NO CAR REGISTERED) I exchanged PM's with him before, he informed me that he lives in Columbia and recently changed ISP's, but he doesn't seem to be online very often, and I don't even think he's accepted my PSN friend request. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now but at best he seems questionable.
Yeah, my dummy spit to the contrary I am still here. If you want Avaya to take the next race thats cool.

Schmitty

Team Remedy's status

* Schmitty (Audi TTS Coupe '09) -- I am team captain so I'm in for the long haul. Don't think I can make Round 2, but I think we'll be covered.

* Konosuke (NO CAR REGISTERED) -- He's still active, although he doesn't post. I just sent out a message to find out his car and if he can race Round 2

* Lead Farmer [(Honda NSX Type R '92)-- Active member, raced in Round 1 (was the only one to race). Will not be able to race Round 2.

* gunther (Honda Nsx Type R '02) -- Active member, also hasn't raced yet. I just sent out a message to him to figure out that status

Overall, looks like Team Remedy will be set for Round 2 as long as Konosuke and gunther can race. Lead Farmer has other commitments as do I.

Konosuke

Schmitty said:
Konosuke (NO CAR REGISTERED) -- He's still active, although he doesn't post. I just sent out a message to find out his car and if he can race Round 2
Sorry guys for being away from the league. One of my friends wanted to try GT5 so I lent it during the holidays. But now the baby is back and I'm ready to join you guys.

My car is a DELTA HF INTEGRALE EVOLUZIONE '91. Unfortunately I can't race Round 2, I have classes at that time.

The race edit of Round 1 is super cool, kudos.

Konosuke said:
Sorry guys for being away from the league. One of my friends wanted to try GT5 so I lent it during the holidays. But now the baby is back and I'm ready to join you guys.

My car is a DELTA HF INTEGRALE EVOLUZIONE '91. Unfortunately I can't race Round 2, I have classes at that time.

The race edit of Round 1 is super cool, kudos.

Well, there's some good news to counter-balance the bad news.

We got someone else that quit.

Also, what's with all u people working and having classes on a Saturday? :p

Angst

MM maybe you should post the status of Team Metal Gear Racing? Of course we in the team knows the status, but maybe the other teams would like to know as well. :)

Broseybrose

Yeah he sent me a pm. Im team captain.

GroteSmurf still hasnt picked a car and sent me a PM saying he was gonna be busy cause he just had a kid with his girl. So i guess hes out.

KingofKong hasnt posted in weeks, so?

Is there anyone still looking for a team cause it looks like i can use some teammates or Fast Windmills through Chemistry may be over.

Just an heads-up concerning the NRPC. I'll be changing a couple of rules.

First one is the tire restriction is no longer set to Comfort: Medium Tires. Instead it's set to "Stock" (whatever the car comes with). In this month's case it's Comfort: Soft.

Second one is the prize reward for the randomly selected participant. Instead of being any car you choose, you get a Ticket 1000.

Third one won't be in effect this month, but will next month, which is allowing the oil trick.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
Just an heads-up concerning the NRPC. I'll be changing a couple of rules.

First one is the tire restriction is no longer set to Comfort: Medium Tires. Instead it's set to "Stock" (whatever the car comes with). In this month's case it's Comfort: Soft.

Second one is the prize reward for the randomly selected participant. Instead of being any car you choose, you get a Ticket 1000.

Third one won't be in effect this month, but will next month, which is allowing the oil trick.

Sounds good.

Top Bottom