• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

UFRA

Team Wankel sit-rep:

Expy - Haven't received ANY response from him in weeks (sent him GAF PM's and PSN messages)...I now consider him no longer interested in the league and we are -1 team member.

h3ro - Have not received any response in about a week in reference to the upcoming round 2 and what car he'll be using. Not looking good.

Beefo - Same situation as h3ro.

brentech - Very actice, no issues. :)

Essentially we are down to 2 people at this point, and I can't make it to round 2 so we for sure only have 1 member even possible to represent us in round 2.

Yeah I've not heard anything from carpediemdp in about 2 weeks despite him being active on GAF. so I'm pretty confident our team is down to 3 people. If all goes to plan it will be avaya and Dead Man in this weeks race.

We should set some hard times for practices this week to get as many people involved as possible.

Round 2
5KZ2T.png

Grand Valley Speedway

Length: 4944.8m/3.07mi Longest Straight: 820m/0.51mi Elevation Change: 20.5m/67.3ft Corners: 18
(Click here for the race map)

Race starts in:
t1298131200z0.png

How to join:
Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list and join the private lounge.​

Players Participating in Round 1 (4/16):

I'll be PMing everyone from people that haven't raced yet to see if they can make it.

Angst

I've asked him how he wants to do it, but he hasn't replied yet. He's probably a bit pissed now...

I'm in his team and we have team chat of sorts set up. Plus he's on my (and others here) FL on PSN. So we should be able to work around it while he's gone.

Race on Saturday is still on AFAIK.

Edit - Race on Saturday is on

CozMick

Banned
Angst said:
I've asked him how he wants to do it, but he hasn't replied yet. He's probably a bit pissed now...

Edit - Race on Saturday is on

Understandable

and

Good to know, thanks for the info.

UFRA

MetalMurphy has asked me to take over running the league for the duration of his banning.

I will be keeping in contact with him outside of GAF, and will relay any messages from you guys to him this way. As updates come up, he will provide me with the messages to post regarding the NRL or NRPC.

If you have any league related questions at this point, please PM me or of course use the thread.

So, as of now the league WILL go on.

UFRA

Angst said:
I'd like to do a lap in the NRPC. How do I proceed? Meet up with MM at an appointed time?

Yup, that's all there is to it.

For those who are interested in setting an NRPC time just post in the thread as usual that you're interested in doing so. From there I can relay the info to MM.

Angst, in your case you can also message MM on PSN since you also have him on your FL. Same goes for anyone else who has him on PSN.

UFRA

Round 2
5KZ2T.png

Grand Valley Speedway

Length: 4944.8m/3.07mi Longest Straight: 820m/0.51mi Elevation Change: 20.5m/67.3ft Corners: 18
(Click here for the race map)

Race starts in:
t1298131200z0.png

How to join:
Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list and join the private lounge.​

Players Participating in Round 2 (12/16):

Team Captains, please get in contact with your drivers to see who is racing ASAP. We're less than a week from race day.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
Anybody want to do some practice now? For either this league or for SuperGT?

About to eat dinner. I was thinking of setting up some actual times for practice tomorrow though so that people know a bit in advance and we can maybe get more participation.

Niks

Questions regarding the Top Gear Event.

What are the rules regarding wheels on the grass?
Can cones be touched?

Broseybrose

Which track is the top gear test track? Im trying to practice in my online lobby and trying to change the track, but i see no top gear or anything like that.

UFRA

Niks said:
Questions regarding the Top Gear Event.

What are the rules regarding wheels on the grass?
Can cones be touched?

Penalties are set to weak for your lap time, so if you cut a corner too much you'll get penalized. However, if you cut a corner within reason and clip the grass (which I have done in some of my laps, especially on the last 2 corners) there's nothing wrong with that.

I will check with MM on cones, I don't recall having that issue come up yet but it's a good question lol.

UFRA

Broseybrose said:
Which track is the top gear test track? Im trying to practice in my online lobby and trying to change the track, but i see no top gear or anything like that.

It's just called "Top Gear Test Track".

You have to unlock it by completing some of the Top Gear Special Events.

Broseybrose

UFRA said:
In fact, to be more specific, you only have to complete the "Easy" level event. I think you have to gold it.
Thank god... i spent amaybe 45 minutes tonight in that Elise on that track trying to complete 2 laps without disqualifying and couldnt, after silvering the beginner challenge.
Schmitty said:
Team Remedy will now only have one racer (me), now that gunther's PS3 is dead
My team also only has one racer now that BRLvgThrChem has quit and the other two arent around. We should form our own team, Schmitty. You can be captain.

Angst

If you don't have the TG track unlocked the easy way to put in some practice laps is to ask one of us to host a practice session in our lounge. As long as the host has the track unlocked you can race there.

I'm not happy with my 1.38 time so I'll be in my lounge doing laps in around 30 mins. Anyone want to join me is welcome of course. PSN id is in my profile.

Edit - I've asked MM if he has time to supervise a time trial in 2 hours. I'll post again if he's available.

Schmitty

Broseybrose said:
Thank god... i spent amaybe 45 minutes tonight in that Elise on that track trying to complete 2 laps without disqualifying and couldnt, after silvering the beginner challenge.

My team also only has one racer now that BRLvgThrChem has quit and the other two arent around. We should form our own team, Schmitty. You can be captain.
I meant just for Round 2. Konosuke and Lead Farmer are still active. You could race for Team Remedy this week if you'd like and then possibly become a member.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
I'll make myself available as a sub-in if it looks like we'll be short a lot of people. Not really sure how the "sub-in" thing works though.

If you want to race as a sub, then your points will count towards your individual ranking only, but not your team (or the team you race for) ranking.

If you want to be a sub-in just let me know, I'll make you a sub for my team since we only have 2 members and I can't make it so we only have 1 possible Team Wankel member anyways lol. (and it really doesn't matter who you sub for since like I said the points don't count for that team)

@ Niks - Hitting cones in the Top Gear challenge does not affect the outcome of your lap time. Basically the only way you get hurt is if you do something to activate a penalty.

UFRA said:
If you want to race as a sub, then your points will count towards your individual ranking only, but not your team (or the team you race for) ranking.

If you want to be a sub-in just let me know, I'll make you a sub for my team since we only have 2 members and I can't make it so we only have 1 possible Team Wankel member anyways lol. (and it really doesn't matter who you sub for since like I said the points don't count for that team)

@ Niks - Hitting cones in the Top Gear challenge does not affect the outcome of your lap time. Basically the only way you get hurt is if you do something to activate a penalty.

Alright then, put me down as a sub on Team Wankel. Can I buy a rotary engined car to run it, or I'm I locked to my Corvette?

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
Alright then, put me down as a sub on Team Wankel. Can I buy a rotary engined car to run it, or I'm I locked to my Corvette?

Checking with MM on this.

brentech I will sign you up for now, if something changes later no hard feelings.

UFRA

Warrior, I'm gonna put you as a sub for Deep Speed instead since they were one of 2 teams with 0 sign-ups yet. Now that I have brentech possible Team Wankel is at least 50% represented lol.

Again, it really doesn't matter anyways since your points won't count towards team standings.

Would definetly be able to represent team Deep Speed this weekend. Seeing as I raced last time I was waiting to see if another member of my team would race, no one has volunteered yet so I would like to race for now.

UFRA

SunhiLegend said:
Would definetly be able to represent team Deep Speed this weekend. Seeing as I raced last time I was waiting to see if another member of my team would race, no one has volunteered yet so I would like to race for now.

Adding you now.

Warrior, you have to use your Corvette. :)

Broseybrose

I was running 1:33.xxs last night on the top gear test track in the VW Golf. With grip reduction set to real. If anyone wants to witness let me know, im ready.

Top Bottom