• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Niks

Broseybrose said:
I was running 1:33.xxs last night on the top gear test track in the VW Golf. With grip reduction set to real. If anyone wants to witness let me know, im ready.

I hope you were practicing online and not offline. Car behaves differently in the online lounges.

UFRA

NPRC February 2011:
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01 [143 BHP]
1BiTb.png

(click lap times to download the replay file)
F97Dv.png

PFXS1.png

3TbHF.png
I3t9P.png

A1Zi6.png
zt0CT.png

mh54E.png
kxbWy.png

V53aU.png
WG58V.png

XMwd7.png
ioF9N.png

Nice job, Niks. You're gonna make me work for it this time. :p

Angst

UFRA said:
Round 2
5KZ2T.png

Grand Valley Speedway

Length: 4944.8m/3.07mi Longest Straight: 820m/0.51mi Elevation Change: 20.5m/67.3ft Corners: 18
(Click here for the race map)

Race starts in:
t1298131200z0.png

How to join:
Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list and join the private lounge.​

Players Participating in Round 2 (11/16):

Team Captains, please get in contact with your drivers to see who is racing ASAP. We're less than a week from race day.

Not long until the race now!

I will be doing some practice at GVS tonight at around 1900 GMT. I'll be in the GT5NRL lounge and anybody is of course welcome to join me. I've been doing practice sessions all week for the Super GT race where I'm not even participating so I figure it's time to get some miles in my Audi! :)

Edit - changed my quote :) Good, seems like it's a much better line up.

brentech

Haven't seen anyone post practice lap times for GVS. Practicing alone at the moment, but currently running a 1.56.8.

Haven't decided if I should up my transmission a notch yet, but just wanted to give a general idea for now.

vissione said:
I was doing 1:59-2:00 during my practice last week. I only did about 10 laps, mostly to get myself familiar with the track. I don't think I'll be doing much faster than that because I predict a lot of getting pushed into the sand. I'll try to take priority of inside lines and hope for the best.

When I did the GVS Enduracne race with my Vette my best time was mid 1:57's. Most of my laps were 1:59-2:00 though, and when it's race time consistency is more important then pure speed.

Currently doing some practise laps. Fastest I could manage was a 1.57. Fastest laps are not much of a big deal in the race, as long as you can put consistant lap times within a few seconds of the fastest time then that should be enough to win or get a podium. Getting damaged is the main concern during the race, a 1 pit strategy would most definetly give you a strong chance of winning, but unfortunatley it seems all the races end up with most people getting damaged and pitting more than once. Race should be fun regardless.

Angst

Lots of people practicing... alone? Hop on the GT5NRL Lounge and join me so we can do some short races :)

Edit - best lap time so far: 1.56.2. Although driving like that my tyres only lasts about 4 laps... I don't think a 5 stop tactic is going to work lol. Need to work on my setup.

Nobody around for practice? :(

Best lap time: 1.55.86 although my tyres still only lasts 5 laps or so.

Angst

I've decided to change car. New ride is BMW M3 CSL. Will post a pic tomorrow.

Toxa: send a friend request to GT5NRL.

Toxa

Angst said:
I've decided to change car. New ride is BMW M3 CSL. Will post a pic tomorrow.

Toxa: send a friend request to GT5NRL.

GT5NRL is now on my friend list.

I watched the last race onthe nurbur, you battle with ufra was so intense xD

UFRA

Broseybrose said:
Yeah that works for me. Gonna have to make a new photo with the team color.

Is Team Fast Windmills Through Chemistry being disbanded, and you are going to merge with Team Remedy?

Since you haven't recorded any points for the standings yet then I don't see an issue with it. Better than having you by yourself.

Or are you just being a temporary sub for this race? (in which case you do not need to change car or color - and any points you obtain will only count for individual rankings and not for Team Remedy)

Schmitty

It's up to Brosey.

I don't have a problem with him joining. I'm using matte dark gray as my color but any gray will do. Then having 5 members in Team Remedy will make filling the grid much easier each round.

UFRA

Schmitty said:
It's up to Brosey.

I don't have a problem with him joining. I'm using matte dark gray as my color but any gray will do. Then having 5 members in Team Remedy will make filling the grid much easier each round.

Hmm. You have 4 active members currently?

It would be nice if we could get Brosey to a team in more need if he's looking to get out of his solo team lol.

Plus, that would be 3 NSX's on one team and I'm not sure the powers that be would like that.

UFRA

Ok, after some discussion, let's wait on moving Brosey right now.

We may be putting Toxa with Team FWTC instead to help Brosey out.

UFRA

Round 2
5KZ2T.png

Grand Valley Speedway

Length: 4944.8m/3.07mi Longest Straight: 820m/0.51mi Elevation Change: 20.5m/67.3ft Corners: 18
(Click here for the race map)

Race starts in:
t1298131200z0.png

How to join:
Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list and join the private lounge.​

Players Participating in Round 2 (13/16):

Couple of notes:
-Lion Heart - What car are you using for the league?
-weekend_warrior - I moved you yet again, back as a sub for Team Wankel.
-Angst - Got you updated with the M3, just need to know what year it is. ;) Found the year in my Apex book, 2003. :)
-ANZAC is totally MIA at this point...
-Toxa - Sent you a PM.

Broseybrose

I concur on changing cars especially since im also changing teams. Ive got a sweet Amuse NISMO Super Leggera thats perfect at 410hp and 1120kg. I even painted it Team Remedy's color - grey. Titanium Grey to be specific.

I dont mind switching to another team if it benefits the league, UFRA. Just put me where i fit best.

Broseybrose

Damn! I remember reading it being decided that Amuse was allowed, but youre right. Its basically a race car. I wish i hadnt overtuned my Carbon!

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
Considering the new options added with patch, what would MM say to letting people pick new cars? We've only had 1 race after all. ;)

I don't think that would be necessary.

If anything, now people can intentionally over-tune their cars, and then simply use the new 'power limiter' feature to adjust down to 414HP.

I would recommend we try that first, and if we still have issues with a few cars being monsters over the others, we can decide more from there.

I will discuss it with the powers that be.

Edit: Actually I forgot about the ballast feature now too, so I see your point. People could use really lightweight cars and then just add ballast up to 1100kg to meet the league.

Ok, fair suggestion, will discuss it lol.

UFRA said:
I don't think that would be necessary.

If anything, now people can intentionally over-tune their cars, and then simply use the new 'power limiter' feature to adjust down to 414HP.

I would recommend we try that first, and if we still have issues with a few cars being monsters over the others, we can decide more from there.

I will discuss it with the powers that be.

Well I asked because I want to change to an '06 Corvette now that I can tune its horsepower to the limit. Would that be a problem?

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
Well I asked because I want to change to an '06 Corvette now that I can tune its horsepower to the limit. Would that be a problem?

Can you get the weight of the '06 Corvette lower than the 1172kg of your '04? Is that why you'd want to switch?

I left a message regarding this to the overlord. We will know by tomorrow. :)

UFRA said:
Can you get the weight of the '06 Corvette lower than the 1172kg of your '04? Is that why you'd want to switch?

I left a message regarding this to the overlord. We will know by tomorrow. :)

The stock '06 actually weighs 7kg more then the stock '04, not sure what the spread would be after weight reduction. I'll test things out tomorrow.

Juicy Bob

As one of the members of ANZAC, I'd like to apologise as I won't be able to make tomorrow's race. I missed the entire first event as I was away overseas and unfortunately for me I am going to be out when Round 2 is schedueled to take place. I still wish to participate in the league in the future if I would be allowed to but events in my offline life have prevented me from being able to do so. I'll make an effort to contact Mush and help get our team properly organised for the next race.

UFRA

Juicy Bob said:
As one of the members of ANZAC, I'd like to apologise as I won't be able to make tomorrow's race. I missed the entire first event as I was away overseas and unfortunately for me I am going to be out when Round 2 is schedueled to take place. I still wish to participate in the league in the future if I would be allowed to but events in my offline life have prevented me from being able to do so. I'll make an effort to contact Mush and help get our team properly organised for the next race.

No worries. I appreciate you updating us on your situation.

As for the league - currently nothing is changed. We will be doing a lot of testing and stuff today, if you wish to join we'll be doing it in the NRL lounge I assume. I'll be back later (less than 2hrs) to get things going if someone hasn't already.

Once we establish how the patch has affected our cars and what-not, we'll let you know if we're changing anything as far as regulating HP/weight vs. regulating PP.

UFRA

Warrior - As of right now the decision was made to keep things the same. If you raced in round 1 already, you can't change cars.

Schmitty

UFRA said:
Ok, after some discussion, let's wait on moving Brosey right now.

We may be putting Toxa with Team FWTC instead to help Brosey out.
I think it would be better to have teams with 4-5 members than have Brosey and Toxa on a two man team. I have 4 members including myself on Remedy and I'm the only available racer for this round. Less teams with guaranteed filled spots are much better because schedules can be reconciled with more members being available to race. Give me Brosey! The NSX isn't THAT good. Its all about the driver.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Shit. Metal's in the RPC ID and I can't join him as I'm B-spec tournamenting the Japanese B-spec event.

FFFFFFFFFF. I need to set a time sometime in the next week or so. FFFFFF.

UFRA

Schmitty said:
I think it would be better to have teams with 4-5 members than have Brosey and Toxa on a two man team. I have 4 members including myself on Remedy and I'm the only available racer for this round. Less teams with guaranteed filled spots are much better because schedules can be reconciled with more members being available to race. Give me Brosey! The NSX isn't THAT good. Its all about the driver.

Changes...of large scale...may/might/could/youdidnthearthisfromme/ be happening soon, so for now we will be leaving things as they are to not complicate matters further. :)

Angst said:
Edit - best lap time so far: 1.56.2. Although driving like that my tyres only lasts about 4 laps... I don't think a 5 stop tactic is going to work lol. Need to work on my setup.

Oh god, I'm running 2:05's, this sucks big ones.

About tires, do you choose whichever racing tires you want for the race based on your strategy or this there a clear choice? I haven't raced long races yet so I don't know if choosing racing softs would have you in the pits every 3 laps or so. Also do you need to own every racing tire to be able to change if you are forced into the pits and decide you want to switch up?

UFRA

Lion Heart said:
Oh god, I'm running 2:05's, this sucks big ones.

About tires, do you choose whichever racing tires you want for the race based on your strategy or this there a clear choice? I haven't raced long races yet so I don't know if choosing racing softs would have you in the pits every 3 laps or so. Also do you need to own every racing tire to be able to change if you are forced into the pits and decide you want to switch up?

Hey you! What car are you using for the league? :p

I've been testing the new PP system and have come to a worrying conclusion. The engines' torque does not proportionately scale down with the horsepower when using the "power limiter". Meaning, a person could take a 400hp/400ft.lbs car, upgrade the engine to 700hp/700ft.lbs, then use the power limiter to back it back down to 400hp, but maintain about 600ft.lbs of torque. Further more, using the power limiter creates a HUGE power band, as the engine reaches max power very early and only flat lines at the power it's restricted to.

I'll create a spreadsheet of my data later. Anyone online right now doing testing?

Top Bottom