• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Konosuke

5Mg8Zl.jpg

My Lancia. (Click for 1080p) Sorry again for not racing this round, I have classes at that time.

UFRA

vissione said:
If Toxa had a legitimate reason to skip the race besides "my car is too slow," or "I spent 1 million credits on cars and I can't find something fast enough to win" I would agree with his decision to skip tomorrow. If this kind of shitty prima donna attitude is allowed to fly in the league then I'm really going to reconsider my place here.

Everyone had the same time limit to choose a car, why does he get an extension when we're already losing people every weekend?

I don't know his reason for not racing tomorrow, he didn't say why.

He isn't getting any kind of extension for choosing a car. We have literally TONS of people in the league that haven't chosen a car yet (or even had the courtesy to respond to simple messages), and can still change their mind as long as they haven't raced in a round yet. (we literally just had some people decide on their car yesterday)

If you are correct and he's not racing because he can't find a satisfying car, then I guess he's only hurting himself because he's missing out on the points all this time for the events he misses. It's not like we're rewarding him in any way by delaying his car choice.

Also, he did join the league much later than others because we were in need of people due to so many dropouts. It's not like he's been thinking of a car since we first started the league - which I can't say the same for others. There's many people in the league we haven't heard from since they first signed up for it.

I'm more upset with the people who said they'd commit and then just bailed out and won't even respond to messages.

Schmitty

UFRA said:
Changes...of large scale...may/might/could/youdidnthearthisfromme/ be happening soon, so for now we will be leaving things as they are to not complicate matters further. :)
I'd just prefer to have a second racer for my team since he can fill it up. Remedy only had one racer last week and I don't want that to happen again.

Brosey isn't doing any good on a one man team. At least let him be a sub for the time being so Remedy can have full slots tomorrow and possibly get those points as team points if he eventually joins.

Toxa

If you are correct and he's not racing because he can't find a satisfying car

indeed, some cars are really awfull to drive, a lot of understeering, heavy :( but I think I will stay with my S2000 (a lot of overteering xD )

if you want I'm ready to race with my car tomorrow

UFRA

Round 2
5KZ2T.png

Grand Valley Speedway

Length: 4944.8m/3.07mi Longest Straight: 820m/0.51mi Elevation Change: 20.5m/67.3ft Corners: 18
(Click here for the race map)

Race starts in:
t1298131200z0.png

How to join:
Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list and join the private lounge.​

Players Participating in Round 2 (16/16):

UFRA

Schmitty said:
I'd just prefer to have a second racer for my team since he can fill it up. Remedy only had one racer last week and I don't want that to happen again.

Brosey isn't doing any good on a one man team. At least let him be a sub for the time being so Remedy can have full slots tomorrow and possibly get those points as team points if he eventually joins.

Your teammate Konosuke has come to the rescue. :p

Even if Brosey did sub for you guys, you wouldn't get team points from him - its just subbing for his personal driving rank and to get a full grid. That's just how the rules are set for now.

Toxa

If you're just having trouble picking a car, just stick with what you have and deal with it for right now. More importantly we need participation, we'd rather have you in a 'slow' car than not you at all.

As I hinted, we are discussing plans to overhaul the league due to its current (sad) state due to (lack of) participation at the moment.

More details will come as we get closer to this, but for now PLEASE everyone just bear with the league, and roll with things the way they are right now. We are not going to dissolve teams and merge people or have people change cars just yet.

Thank you to those of you who are dedicated and putting in the time for this.

Edit: Toxa you posted at the same time as me, thanks - I see your message. For now, you will be with Team FWTC and this will give Brosey a much needed teammate.

Schmitty

Konosuke said:
Guys guys, after all I can race tomorrow. Somehow I thought today was the 19th. Durrrrrrrrrrrr.
Yay!! I'll be on tonight if you want practice in the GT5NRL lounge

I'll be getting a new pic of car tonight that matches team color

And who was the one who could make a video out of replays if I sent them? Me and BeHest had an amazing neck and neck race ending today during practice. I'd like to get the last minute onto a highlight clip for YouTube or something

UFRA

Schmitty said:
Yay!! I'll be on tonight if you want practice in the GT5NRL lounge

I'll be getting a new pic of car tonight that matches team color

And who was the one who could make a video out of replays if I sent them? Me and BeHest had an amazing neck and neck race ending today during practice. I'd like to get the last minute onto a highlight clip for YouTube or something

I'm pretty certain that SunhiLegend was making YouTube vids from our replays on the past few events. Unless I'm thinking of someone else...

If anyone wants to have a replay uploaded just pm it to me, and give details of what you want recorded. I seem to have alot of free time recently. Will be online doing some tests with my car within the next twenty minutes or so.

Toxa

SunhiLegend said:
If anyone wants to have a replay uploaded just pm it to me, and give details of what you want recorded. I seem to have alot of free time recently. Will be online doing some tests with my car within the next twenty minutes or so.

pal or NTSC replay ?

Schmitty

Since no one is practicing I guess I'll attempt the FGT championship. Hopefully it doesn't take too long

Edit: forget it, I'm practicing

UFRA

Had a great time guys. We had a good turnout too. I think we hit 10 people at one point. :)

Some highlights:

-Karts in the dark OMG
-Rally racing - Who can ride the walls the best?
-Great bunch of races on GVS, with minimal crashes. :D

Broseybrose

Glad to see i have a teammate for tomorrow. I see all the hard work UFRA and (i assume) MM have put into getting everyone organized into teams for tomorrow and just want to say i appreciate it. Im also looking forward to seeing what the possible league changes might be.

PM to Toxa (Toxian) sent, need to get him on my PSN, would be nice to practice together before the race.

UFRA said:
Had a great time guys. We had a good turnout too. I think we hit 10 people at one point. :)

Some highlights:

-Karts in the dark OMG
-Rally racing - Who can ride the walls the best?
-Great bunch of races on GVS, with minimal crashes. :D

Understatement of the century. Even with 8+ cars on the track everything was remarkably under control and everyone acted smart and safe during tight groupings, a great display of the potential of the league.

I hope the race itself is as good, but we'll probably still end up with those 2 or 3 guys that don't really give a shit.

Broseybrose

weekend_warrior said:
Understatement of the century. Even with 8+ cars on the track everything was remarkably under control and everyone acted smart and safe during tight groupings, a great display of the potential of the league.

I hope the race itself is as good, but we'll probably still end up with those 2 or 3 guys that don't really give a shit.
Wow, it was that clean? Im sorry i missed it.

Hopefully tomorrow everyone keeps in mind these 2 things: endurance mentality instead of sprint mentality, and DONT CRASH!

Broseybrose

Every bump was an accident. Im quitting the league. I suck at real grip real damage races. I had to pit at least 5 times to repair my car. And while my car's damaged im all over the road and a hazard to other drivers.

CozMick

Banned
First corner fucked me over.

And the Fairlady just ain't cut up to compete on straights, it's just so damn heavy.

Lost almost every place on the start/finish :(

Dead Man

Broseybrose said:
Every bump was an accident. Im quitting the league. I suck at real grip real damage races. I had to pit at least 5 times to repair my car. And while my car's damaged im all over the road and a hazard to other drivers.
Dude, don't take it to heart, just practise some more. And White Shadow is just an angry young man :p

CozMick

Banned
Just watched the first corner collisions and I bet you can't guess who caused my pit stop? :p

I actually did well to avoid everyone else.

Top Bottom