• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Dead Man said:
Just quoting myself from another thread in hopes of someone being able to answer:
I'm not following you Dead Man.

But anyway I just picked up my ride for the next race. A sexy 1967 Ford Mark IV Race Car. :D

TFlks.png

67GFt.png

Angst

Kaze13 said:
Yes, I'm a junior. Yes, I've been lurking the boards for a while. Is it too late to join in on the fray? I am tired of racing against bumper car idiots. Itchin for some clean racing.
Shouldn't be any problems. We will get back to you with the official word though. I expect either me or ufra will deliver word back from our woefully absent organizer :)

Edit - you can get that beast down to 490 pp ww?

Angst

Angst said:
Good stuff coming up:
Ux8aQ.png

G5tBs.png

CL06d.jpg

Côte d'Azur
2H1qI.png

Length: 2.08mi/3473 m Longest Straight: 0.15mi/650 m Elevation Change: 145.0ft/17,9 m Corners: 26​

Race starts in:
t1298772000z0.png

Regulations:
Cars from the Year '79 or older.
490PP or under.
Any member can participate. This will not be a team based race. Points won't be awarded to the teams.​

How to join:
Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list and join the private lounge a couple of minutes before the race time.​

Players Participating in Round 1 (0/16):
  • 01 - weekend_warrior
  • 02 - Angst
  • 03 - Niks
  • 04 - UFRA
  • 05 - Metalmurphy
  • 06 - gutterboy44
  • 07 - Dead Man
  • 08 - Schmitty
  • 09 - Kaze13
  • 10 - SunhiLegend
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
For the new page.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
But anyway I just picked up my ride for the next race. A sexy 1967 Ford Mark IV Race Car. :D

wat

What are your stats? HP/weight. What tires are you using? Comfort:soft? lol

I was able to get the Chaparral 2D Race Car to 490PP, but I had to use sports tires, and that pretty much cancelled out the fact that it was a race car.

By the way, to give everyone a reference of lap times, Niks and I spent a LOT of time doing laps on Cote d Azure. Niks and I both ran laps in the 1:44.3 range with various cars. This was pushing very hard though. I'd say a 1:46 is a good target time to aim for with any car.

Afterall, remember heavy damage will be on, and one simple mistake can really ruin your race if you bump a wall. So focus on being in control and consistent instead of super fast. ;)

Angst

Niks said:
Ive decided on using the 1974 BMW 2002 Turbo for this race.
I tried the BMW and found it to be the fastest among the cars I tested. Decided to go with the Alpine anyway. :) But the BMW is quite nice, a bit happy with the tail though.

UFRA said:
wat

What are your stats? HP/weight. What tires are you using? Comfort:soft? lol

I was able to get the Chaparral 2D Race Car to 490PP, but I had to use sports tires, and that pretty much cancelled out the fact that it was a race car.

Yeah, to get it at 490PP I have to add 200kg of ballast, drop the HP to 289, and put Sport Hard tires on it.

:\

Not sure that's gonna work for me.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
Can you drive it in reverse at 90mph like Gone in 60 Seconds?

On Cote d Azur practice yesterday Niks crashed, and so a tow truck was picking up his car but the guy left the ramp up and I was going like 100MPH and hit the ramp and flew over all these spectators and went like 1,000ft and then I landed and my car was totally perfect and I went on my way.

True story.

brentech

UFRA said:
On Cote d Azur practice yesterday Niks crashed, and so a tow truck was picking up his car but the guy left the ramp up and I was going like 100MPH and hit the ramp and flew over all these spectators and went like 1,000ft and then I landed and my car was totally perfect and I went on my way.

True story.
I think you might have broke your mirror though. Believe I saw that...

Pretty sure I can make it for the classic race. Decided to go with the Isuzu 117 Coupe, was the only car I could get consistent times between 1.48 to 1.50 without having any tail issues or pushing the car to its limits. Most other cars are too hard to control for me, and I would probably end up hitting the wall most laps.

5469357854_d859b40ea4_b_d.jpg

Angst

SunhiLegend said:
Pretty sure I can make it for the classic race. Decided to go with the Isuzu 117 Coupe, was the only car I could get consistent times between 1.48 to 1.50 without having any tail issues or pushing the car to its limits. Most other cars are too hard to control for me, and I would probably end up hitting the wall most laps.

Isuzu117.jpg
Nice choice and a very nice pic! It looks very nice for a standard car.

Added you to the line-up.

Kaze13

I'm in! Booyah. Thanks Angst! Looking forward to some racing. Regarding that PM question. I just looked at the nice banner post and saw that it was a special event. That pretty much answers the question lol. Thanks again.

Dead Man

Mush said:
I might go a little further back than everyone else and use the 300SL ;)
Nice choice. Since this is just a bit of fun I think I might go with the Stratos. I find it nearly undriveable, but I love the way it looks! Or maybe something else, not sure yet.

UFRA

Mush said:
I might go a little further back than everyone else and use the 300SL ;)

Good choice. I was actually going to use that until I discovered the GT350R.

I was running 1:46's consistently with the 300SL. Great car.

brentech

UFRA said:
Good choice. I was actually going to use that until I discovered the GT350R.

I was running 1:46's consistently with the 300SL. Great car.
Will be interested to know how you set the GT350 up. Was running like 1:55s today cause I felt like it was an over steer monster. Soon as I got out of a turn it'd feel like the wheels were locked up if I had any speed. Found myself smashing the wall a lot...had to take it really slow out of turns.

I can generally correct the problem, but just interested to find out how you tune it for the race since I won't be able to compete.

UFRA

brentech said:
Will be interested to know how you set the GT350 up. Was running like 1:55s today cause I felt like it was an over steer monster. Soon as I got out of a turn it'd feel like the wheels were locked up if I had any speed. Found myself smashing the wall a lot...had to take it really slow out of turns.

I can generally correct the problem, but just interested to find out how you tune it for the race since I won't be able to compete.

Body
Ballast: 33kg, position 15+

Engine
Power Limiter: 96.9%

Fully customizable transmission - 130MPH top speed

All racing equipment purchased for clutch/flywheel/etc.

LSD

Suspension
-5 height front and rear
Spring Rate 6.0F 5.0R
Dampers Extension 6 F/R
Dampers Compression 5 F/R
Anti roll 4 F/R

Camber 2.5F 2.0R
Toe -0.05F 0.25R

Brakes 6F 5R

Racing: Medium tires

Best time 1:44.3 on Cote d Azur

brentech

Wow, you've really done some work on that already...will be a day before I can play around with it though.

I just started my Bobs on their last non-remote Bspec event. 24h 'ring. Finally hit 40 with their overnight run.

Shit, have to withdraw from this weekends special event. Forgot I have a birthday party I need to go to Saturday night.. Grrrr, really wanted to do this race. Maybe I can make a practice.

UFRA

NPRC February 2011:
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01 [143 BHP]
1BiTb.png

(click lap times to download the replay file)
F97Dv.png

PFXS1.png
cHtJ5.png

3TbHF.png
I3t9P.png

A1Zi6.png
zt0CT.png

mh54E.png
kxbWy.png

V53aU.png
WG58V.png

XMwd7.png
ioF9N.png

YAeJw.png
lWNA5.png

qHzD2.png
3nJAJ.png

4c9Dy.png
skGDY.png

Niks, I couldn't let you win that easily! Now you really have to fight for it. :p

UFRA

This is an advertisement for the Monaco Classics event coming up this Saturday, Feb. 26th. This photo shoot is brought to you by the NRL™ staff:

(click images to enlarge)

Photographer: MetalMurphy

Kaze13

Dead Man said:
I was just confused by the way it delayed updating the PP until certain stages in the tuning and viewing process, all good now.

As for my ride:

http://i.imgur.com/y3Z2r.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I hope nobody called it yet, but I'm planning on making the blue one behind the green one mine (one that is fully in view). I simply love driving that thing bone stock. Hopefully it's competitive with upgrades.

Angst

Kaze13 said:
I hope nobody called it yet, but I'm planning on making the blue one behind the green one mine (one that is fully in view). I simply love driving that thing bone stock. Hopefully it's competitive with upgrades.
No rule against using the same cars. What car is it btw?

Kaze13

Practised a bit today and the Alpine is coming along nicely. My avg is around 1:49 after some upgrades. Hopefully, this is competitive enough.

edit: 1:44?! Crap. lol

Little late for the Top Gear challenge. Bought the car and turned in 5 laps and got a 1:34.8xx. That car has some nasty body roll.

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
Practised a bit today and the Alpine is coming along nicely. My avg is around 1:49 after some upgrades. Hopefully, this is competitive enough.

edit: 1:44?! Crap. lol

Little late for the Top Gear challenge. Bought the car and turned in 5 laps and got a 1:34.8xx. That car has some nasty body roll.

It's not too late for that. If you're still interested in competing you may do so until the end of the month.

Just post in here a time you would like to record your lap and we can set something up.

Also - keep in mind the actual lap is recorded from a stand-still start. The lap is recorded by doing a one lap race with no others on the track, and so you start at 0mph at the start/finish line. ;)

Kaze13

UFRA said:
It's not too late for that. If you're still interested in competing you may do so until the end of the month.

Just post in here a time you would like to record your lap and we can set something up.

Also - keep in mind the actual lap is recorded from a stand-still start. The lap is recorded by doing a one lap race with no others on the track, and so you start at 0mph at the start/finish line. ;)

Well now, that will put quite a few seconds on my Top Gear time lol. Thanks for the clarification.

edit: put in another 5 and put down a 1:36.029. Hopefully I can actually perform this in the server lol. My first lap was a red 1:37 lol.

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
Well now, that will put quite a few seconds on my Top Gear time lol. Thanks for the clarification.

edit: put in another 5 and put down a 1:36.029. Hopefully I can actually perform this in the server lol. My first lap was a red 1:37 lol.

lol Even those times you posted are very good. I highly recommend you give it a shot even though there's only a few days left.

Just participating will net you a Ticket 1000 which has the chance to award you any car in the game. If you pull it off and beat my time, you will then have the choice of any car in the game (except the X1). ;)

So tomorrow or whenever you can just post in the thread that at X time you'd be up for recording your time and we can get someone to supervise the lap.

I'll probably be changing my car. New PP system changes everything for me, now that tyres are not counted for any PP anymore. Did some practice with some of the cars i couldn't control before with sports tyres, fitted racing softs and after a few laps was into the 1.39s

Dead Man

SunhiLegend said:
I'll probably be changing my car. New PP system changes everything for me, now that tyres are not counted for any PP anymore. Did some practice with some of the cars i couldn't control before with sports tyres, fitted racing softs and after a few laps was into the 1.39s
Tyres are not included in PP now? Damnit PD, make up your minds! I'll have to do some more testing.

Angst

Kaze13 said:

Are you practising in you lounge or are you using the practice mode? Makes a pretty big difference. It's a good time as UFRA said, so you should definitely post a time! :)

I don't think I can make the race on Saturday unfortunately - I've had a pretty rough week at work, flying all over the country, so I'm quite tired...

Kaze13

Dead Man said:
Tyres are not included in PP now? Damnit PD, make up your minds! I'll have to do some more testing.

This! I was messing with the Alpine and I lowered the HP accounting for the soft tires. I was surprised that tires didn't count. That didn't make much sense lol.

Angst said:
Are you practising in you lounge or are you using the practice mode? Makes a pretty big difference. It's a good time as UFRA said, so you should definitely post a time! :)

I don't think I can make the race on Saturday unfortunately - I've had a pretty rough week at work, flying all over the country, so I'm quite tired...

I have to go ahead and say...why would it matter! Damn it PD! There shouldn't be a difference! lol

Dead Man

So... I've been testing the new PP calculations that don't include tyres. I can't get my car to 490pp, and it is one of the faster road cars from the period.

Angst

Angst said:
Good stuff coming up:
Ux8aQ.png

G5tBs.png

CL06d.jpg

Côte d'Azur
2H1qI.png

Length: 2.08mi/3473 m Longest Straight: 0.15mi/650 m Elevation Change: 145.0ft/17,9 m Corners: 26​

Race starts in:
t1298772000z0.png

Regulations:
Cars from the Year '79 or older.
490PP or under.
Any member can participate. This will not be a team based race. Points won't be awarded to the teams.​

How to join:
Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list and join the private lounge a couple of minutes before the race time.​

Players Participating in Round 1 (0/16):
  • 01 - weekend_warrior
  • 02 - Vissione
  • 03 - Niks
  • 04 - UFRA
  • 05 - Metalmurphy
  • 06 - SunhiLegend
  • 07 - Dead Man
  • 08 - Schmitty
  • 09 - Kaze13
  • 10 -
  • 11 -