• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Kaze13

Wat the wat! I was having a grand ol' time plugging away at 1:47's and two things happened:
1. Sunnhi decided to pass me at that downhill kink after the tunnel. You could have passed me anywhere with that car man! Why there? lol
2. Disco from the server...Finished 15/19 laps too! wtf...

Dead Man

Good race guys, I sucked though! Best of 1:45, averaged about 1:50, with 2 pitstops for self induced damage.

Kaze13 said:
Wat the wat! I was having a grand ol' time plugging away at 1:47's and two things happened:
1. Sunnhi decided to pass me at that downhill kink after the tunnel. You could have passed me anywhere with that car man! Why there? lol
2. Disco from the server...Finished 15/19 laps too! wtf...
That is actually one of the few legitimate passing spots. Seems like a lot of people got disco too, sort of glad, got me 5th! Not last, 5th!

Kaze13

Dead Man said:
Good race guys, I sucked though! Best of 1:45, averaged about 1:50, with 2 pitstops for self induced damage.

That is actually one of the few legitimate passing spots. Seems like a lot of people got disco too, sort of glad, got me 5th! Not last, 5th!

Any spot is legitimate if you can make it stick. Last I looked, I was 5th and had a sizeable gap in between 6th and 4th. Then, outta nowhere, that lambo came up on me at a tough corner! I was surprised to say the least. I even beat my qualifying time and did a best of 1:45. My avg was 1:47. Shadow was within my sights and maybe 6 more laps and I would have been right behind him. That would have been fun...

Good racing guys. Thanks for letting me into your club. lol

Kaze13 said:
Any spot is legitimate if you can make it stick. Last I looked, I was 5 and had a sizeable gap in between 6th and 4th. Then, outta nowhere, that lambo came up on me at a tough corner! I was surprised to say the least. I even beat my qualifying time and did a best of 1:45. My avg was 1:47. Shadow was within my sights and maybe 6 more laps and I would have been right behind him. That would have been fun...

Good racing guys. Thanks for letting me into your club. lol

You would have never had me if you averaged 1:47. I wasn't much faster, but I was fast enough.

UFRA

Good race(s) guys.

As for the main race, not sure what's up with the disconnects. It appears 3 people were kicked all at once - MM, Kaze, and vissione. I have sent a message to MM about whether he wants to take some kind of action to compensate for those who were disconnected.

We never had major disconnect issues like this pre-1.07. :/

I'm hating that patch more and more every day... I also really love how the live timing monitor in spectator mode is useless now. *rolls eyes*

Mush

UFRA said:
I'm hating that patch more and more every day... I also really love how the live timing monitor in spectator mode is useless now. *rolls eyes*
This post has peaked my interests. What's wrong with it?

UFRA

Mush said:
This post has peaked my interests. What's wrong with it?

The live timing monitor now shows "--:--.---" for your sector times, lap times, and best lap times. During the Super GT event, vissione checked the live timing monitor and literally everyone's times showed up the way I mentioned above. It also said everyone was at "0" laps even though they had been qualifying for 5 minutes already lol.

Then tonight in the NRL lobby, I watched as people were practicing, and the timing monitor did the same thing again. It's completely useless now. :(

Edit: Despite this, it still appears that qualifying works (if done properly). In the NRL race tonight I believe we started off in the proper positions. I couldn't remember everyone's quali position prior to the race, but I think at least most were right.

Kaze13

weekend_warrior said:
You would have never had me if you averaged 1:47. I wasn't much faster, but I was fast enough.

Wait, are you shadow? Well, all I know was that your car was getting closer and closer. By my estimation, 6 laps was gonna put me behind your draft. It don't matter though, I lost you after Sunhi's pass. I lost focus and bumped a wall. I did a 1:48 with a damage rear left wheel and had to pit. Then I got into the groove again and did that 1:45 and resigned to being 6th until I disconnected. I wanted to battle for a spot at least :/

I'm gonna guess that your tires needed replacing? Out of curiosity, what were your lap times?

UFRA said:
The live timing monitor now shows "--:--.---" for your sector times, lap times, and best lap times. During the Super GT event, vissione checked the live timing monitor and literally everyone's times showed up the way I mentioned above. It also said everyone was at "0" laps even though they had been qualifying for 5 minutes already lol.

Then tonight in the NRL lobby, I watched as people were practicing, and the timing monitor did the same thing again. It's completely useless now. :(

It's been like that for me since the 1.06 patch. Also the qualifying order is completely worthless. Ton of easily fixable problems and instead they choose to waste time making it impossible to dupe cars. Like that even fucking matters to anybody.

Kaze13 said:
Wait, are you shadow? Well, all I know was that your car was getting closer and closer. By my estimation, 6 laps was gonna put me behind your draft. It don't matter though, I lost you after Sunhi's pass. I lost focus and bumped a wall. I did a 1:48 with a damage rear left wheel and had to pit. Then I got into the groove again and did that 1:45 and resigned to being 6th until I disconnected. I wanted to battle for a spot at least :/

I'm gonna guess that your tires needed replacing? Out of curiosity, what were your lap times?

3rd lap I bumped a wall and dinged my suspension, then I intentionally bumped the other side to try and even the damage. I did up to lap 9/10 with damage, doing about 1:46's-1:47's, until I pit which I needed to anyway because my tires wouldn't last the whole race. Then I could run 1:44's-1:45's, which I did until about lap 15 when you got d/c'ed, then I backed off a bit since nobody was left to catch me. My best time during qualifying was 1:42.9.

Kaze13

weekend_warrior said:
3rd lap I bumped a wall and dinged my suspension, then I intentionally bumped the other side to try and even the damage. I did up to lap 9/10 with damage, doing about 1:46's-1:47's, until I pit which I needed to anyway because my tires wouldn't last the whole race. Then I could run 1:44's-1:45's, which I did until about lap 15 when you got d/c'ed, then I backed off a bit since nobody was left to catch me. My best time during qualifying was 1:42.9.

That explains everything. It didn't make sense to me since I saw what kind of car you had :lol. My tiny alpine against that monster?! I had you at 1:46-1:47 but, of course, without damage, there was no way to even get close.

It wouldn't have mattered in the end anyway. Even if I did pass you when you pitted, that would have only given me <15 seconds. With your 1:44 and my 1:47, it would only take you ~5 laps (in my best form) to close the gap and retake the lead. Let's see, that was around lap 9 + 5 = lap 14...yup, it didn't matter lol (on top of me running into the wall). BUT, like I said, all I wanted was a battle and that certainly would have been fun!

Niks

RVkU2.jpg

FgaJ7.jpg

mspET.jpg

shKrs.jpg

Broseybrose

Id give anything for this to be a 'no damage' league. Of course everyone would still drive responsibly, but every little mishap no longer results in a pit stop.

I always thought 1 pit stop was mandatory until GVS when some guys didn't pit. I think damage should still stay the same. If you do get damaged and pit, that should count as your mandatory pit stop.

Angst

1uywv.png

oMyld.png

9JfYu.png

biGwW.jpg

OEp9u.png

HW4Zr.png

blSwj.jpg

IcpWN.png

Y2XE6.png

Gbk4Z.png

rfid4.jpg

NBBi4.png

vztPA.png

G5mh7.jpg

Sw57b.png

vgIKL.png

9l3d1.jpg

(You can click each name to see a photo of them in action during the race.)

Replay files:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/RqkbY.png[/img]
(PAL Not Available yet)

Individual Rankings:
mAlXt.jpg

I've decided to award 30 points to the people that got disconnected, but they don't count towards the Points Ratio, just the total. Basically it's points awarded for just for the participation.

Videos:

Screenshots:
Niks Photos

brentech

I know there is other stuff to figure out, but do we know what track Round 3 is going to be held on?
I am pretty sure I can make it as long as it's starting prior to 10pm EST.

Angst

NEG5a.png

Yellow
  • UFRA
  • brentech
  • Konosuke
  • h3ro - Said in PSN he’s been busy but he can play now

JiHfo.png

New Indy Yellow Pearl
  • Firewire - Banned but active. Contact through PSN.
  • SunhiLegend
  • Lion heart

VDF9r.png

Cosmos Blue Metallic
  • Metalmurphy
  • Niks
  • Angst
  • gutterboy44

9Tjdu.png

Orange
  • Mush - Says he’s active but he ALWAYS bails out at the last minute. Damn you Mush!!
  • Lead Farmer
  • Toxa
  • Kaze13

JUBh9.png

Black
  • weekend_warrior
  • avaya
  • Dead Man

qzCNU.png

Brilliant White Pearl (3P)
  • Schmitty
  • vissione
  • CozMick
  • Omiee - Said he is active on PSN but never posts in the thread.

We might have some new members soon, I’ll update the teams if/when that happens. Also the next race has been delayed until everyone has filled out the form so decisions can be made.

Also, the UPDATED rankings after the team reshuffling. Team points only changed if a new member had gained more points in a previous race then the previous member, replacing the member with the lowest points.

Team Rankings:
SOCxg.jpg

Individual Rankings:
dqN8h.jpg

Also, Broseybrose, you filled out the form yet you said you wanted to quit. Changed your mind?

How is it possible that I have more points then my entire team combined?

Why does Team Windmill get points from Chemistry and Brosey added to their total, despite neither being on the team?

UFRA

Lion Heart said:
Why do you only count 1 drivers points per race? Deep speed got shafted in position.

The Classic Car special event this past weekend was only for drivers points, it was not a team based event. All of SunhiLegend's points for that event were just for his personal ranking, not for Deep Speed.

Schmitty said:
So how did team alignment work? I see MM grabbed up Angst and his speedy CSL ;)

Angst was already on MM's team from the start of the league. lol

MM tried to put at least 3 reliable, active members on every team.

Schmitty

My bad hahaha

Is the top member from each team the captain? Doesn't make sense why I would be captain of a team that I was allocated to.

Broseybrose

Angst said:
Also, Broseybrose, you filled out the form yet you said you wanted to quit. Changed your mind?
Well, obviously i love to race, but i dont think im a hardcore enough racer to race with full damage. It really fucking sucks having to pit every other lap, or two laps in a row, whatever...

So i placed my vote in the hopes that other people in the league prefer light or no damage, also, and there are enough votes to change the league rule.

If the league changes are to my liking or you guys need a sub, ill be around.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
Why does Team Windmill get points from Chemistry and Brosey added to their total, despite neither being on the team?

They were from Team Windmill and raced as part of it, but have both quit from the league afterwards.

Right now the teams are just being established. If you have been allocated to a team that already has a captain, then you guys can just keep it like that. Or, you can decide on a new captain if your team is drastically different.

Broseybrose

UFRA said:
They were from Team Windmill and raced as part of it, but have both quit from the league afterwards.

Right now the teams are just being established. If you have been allocated to a team that already has a captain, then you guys can just keep it like that. Or, you can decide on a new captain if your team is drastically different.
My team was Chemistry (Orange). So was my captain BrLvgThrChem who quit the league.

UFRA

Broseybrose said:
My team was Chemistry (Orange).

We are just calling it Team Windmill for the sake of not having to type "Team Fast Windmills through Chemistry" when referring to it. ;)

Angst

February 2011 NPRC (Archive)
CeNLt.jpg

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01 [143 BHP]
1BiTb.png

(click lap times to download the replay file)
F97Dv.png

PFXS1.png
cHtJ5.png

3TbHF.png
I3t9P.png

A1Zi6.png
zt0CT.png

mh54E.png
kxbWy.png

V53aU.png
WG58V.png

XMwd7.png
ioF9N.png

YAeJw.png
lWNA5.png

qHzD2.png
3nJAJ.png

4c9Dy.png
skGDY.png

And, using a random generator, the random winner for this month is.....
http://www.random.org/ said:
There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. TheSeks
2. Angst
3. Schmitty
4. Konosuke
5. BroseyBrose
6. Vissione
7. Niks

Timestamp: 2011-03-01 21:09:40 UTC
THESEKS!

So congratulations to both UFRA and TheSeks. You may choose your car now! In case of a Standard please make a list in order of preference of the ones you'd like, because I may not have your first option. Since I was quite happy with the turn out this month (even though it could have been alot better) I have given 1 Ticket 1000 to all participants. If you did not get one for any reason do let me know. Also due to the new gifting restrictions this will be the LAST month where ANY car will be sent (and I’m already wasting 2 days of duping for this >.<), instead the winners will have the option to receive an extra Ticket 1000 or a car that’s worth less then 1.000.000 Cr.

And here’s UFRA (left) and TheSeks (not chosen yet) prize cars:

Mush

I'd just like to say, even though MM is poking fun at me for my inability to actually start a race (let alone finish one), I'm not trying to sabotage this League. :p

Top Bottom