• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Angst

Angst said:
February 2011 NPRC (Archive)
CeNLt.jpg

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01 [143 BHP]
1BiTb.png

(click lap times to download the replay file)
F97Dv.png

PFXS1.png
cHtJ5.png

3TbHF.png
I3t9P.png

A1Zi6.png
zt0CT.png

mh54E.png
kxbWy.png

V53aU.png
WG58V.png

XMwd7.png
ioF9N.png

YAeJw.png
lWNA5.png

qHzD2.png
3nJAJ.png

4c9Dy.png
skGDY.png

And, using a random generator, the random winner for this month is.....

THESEKS!

So congratulations to both UFRA and TheSeks. You may choose your car now! In case of a Standard please make a list in order of preference of the ones you'd like, because I may not have your first option. Since I was quite happy with the turn out this month (even though it could have been alot better) I have given 1 Ticket 1000 to all participants. If you did not get one for any reason do let me know. Also due to the new gifting restrictions this will be the LAST month where ANY car will be sent (and I’m already wasting 2 days of duping for this >.<), instead the winners will have the option to receive an extra Ticket 1000 or a car that’s worth less then 1.000.000 Cr.

And here’s UFRA (left) and TheSeks (not chosen yet) prize cars:

And the teams for the new page:
Angst said:
NEG5a.png

Yellow
  • UFRA
  • brentech
  • Konosuke
  • h3ro - Said in PSN he’s been busy but he can play now

JiHfo.png

New Indy Yellow Pearl
  • Firewire - Banned but active. Contact through PSN.
  • SunhiLegend
  • Lion heart

VDF9r.png

Cosmos Blue Metallic
  • Metalmurphy
  • Niks
  • Angst
  • gutterboy44

9Tjdu.png

Orange
  • Mush - Says he’s active but he ALWAYS bails out at the last minute. Damn you Mush!!
  • Lead Farmer
  • Toxa
  • Kaze13

JUBh9.png

Black
  • weekend_warrior
  • avaya
  • Dead Man

qzCNU.png

Brilliant White Pearl (3P)
  • Schmitty
  • vissione
  • CozMick
  • Omiee - Said he is active on PSN but never posts in the thread.

We might have some new members soon, I’ll update the teams if/when that happens. Also the next race has been delayed until everyone has filled out the form so decisions can be made.

Also, the UPDATED rankings after the team reshuffling. Team points only changed if a new member had gained more points in a previous race then the previous member, replacing the member with the lowest points.

Team Rankings:
SOCxg.jpg

Individual Rankings:
dqN8h.jpg

And fill this out if you haven't (*angryface*)
Angst said:
I need that everyone participating on this league, fill out this quick form to decided on what will happen before the next race starts. Teams will be reduced to 6 and members reshuffled. I will announce the final teams really soon.
NeoGAF GT5 Racing League - Spec II Revision form

CozMick

Banned
Filled in the revision form and the prospect of a 3-4 car league intrigues me :)

Also making the races weekly (but not during the early hours of the morning :p) is a great idea, tbh at the moment the hype just gets lost becuase of the large wait.

Also, I put yes to pit stops and heavy damage and no to the parade lap, but I would love to have false starts as standard,

Angst

CozMick said:
Filled in the revision form and the prospect of a 3-4 car league intrigues me :)

Also making the races weekly (but not during the early hours of the morning :p) is a great idea, tbh at the moment the hype just gets lost becuase of the large wait.

Also, I put yes to pit stops and heavy damage and no to the parade lap, but I would love to have false starts as standard,
I think a race time around 21.00 GMT would work really well for me. The 2 AM GMT race starts are in the middle of the night where I am. We're in the process of testing cars now and will post the results of the survey when everyone has filled it out.

We're still waiting for 4 guys now that you've done your part Cozmick - thanks for that btw :)

UFRA

Ok everyone, although there are still a few people who need to turn in their survey forms, there are some results which are locked in since the votes are overwhelming for it. One of these results is the question regarding how to regulate car choices. The majority of you voted for a "specific selection of cars" that are tested to be equally competitive.

We are already beginning testing of various cars, but we need to know what people want to use.

Please answer these questions ASAP:

1. What is your current car registered for the league?

2. Do you want to change your current car that is registered for the league?
Answer: Yes - Go to question 3.
Answer: No - Thank you, that is all we need to know. Your car will be tested and later we will release a list of approved cars. If yours does not pass, you will have to choose another from the list.

3. What car do you want to change to?

Note: Keep in mind that the regulations of 414HP and 1100kg will remain the same. Also, NO race cars or "tuned" versions of cars (like the Nismo Super Leggera).

Niks

Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00

I don't mind changing. Waiting for the final list to decide.

Schmitty

Audi TTS Coupe

No

Angst

1. BMW M3 CSL '02

2. Not really, but I realize it might be banned and will of course change it in that case.

3. Will get back on this one.

brentech

Mazda RX-8 Type-S '07

Would rather not.

Dead Man

Honda NSX-R '02

No

UFRA

Just to give you guys a heads-up, although we are not finished testing cars yet, there are a couple of cars which we are certain will not be allowed in the league at this point.

Lotus Evora '09
Honda NSX Type R '02

We test all cars (across several different drivers) on the same track, with the same car settings and track conditions. All test drivers ran times at least 2 seconds faster with these cars compared to the majority of the others. With a bigger track that allows for higher speeds, these time differences would only be enhanced.

The new car list will be coming soon, in the meantime, please start considering a new car if yours is one of the above. If you are determined to use an NSX (since I know there's at least 3-4 of them in the league), and wish to switch to an Acura NSX as opposed to the Honda, you may request that we test that car.

Note: If you have an RX-7 or an M3 CSL, you should probably be ready for similar news. These cars will go through testing tomorrow, and are highly likely to be too fast.

Dead Man

Ugh. Why not just use PP to equalise things? Give everyone 600 or 500pp to use as they want and go from there, before banning cars. Or, since the problem seems to be cars that can't get close to the minimum weight, why not just increase the weight limit now that we have ballast? Make it 1300kg or something.

UFRA

Dead Man said:
Ugh. Why not just use PP to equalise things? Give everyone 600 or 500pp to use as they want and go from there, before banning cars. Or, since the problem seems to be cars that can't get close to the minimum weight, why not just increase the weight limit now that we have ballast? Make it 1300kg or something.

Unfortunately we can't trust the PP system. The Classic Car race event this last weekend proved that. Most of the cars were at 490PP or just a couple points off. Yet, there were 3 cars (Lambo Countach, Shelby GT350R, and BMW 2002) which dominated significantly over the others.

As for the ballast idea, we have considered that, but it has its problems too. If someone simply forgot to add it, or wanted to be dishonest, there would be no way for us to check. We are trying to make things as simple as possible, within the HP/weight limits we have.

Some reference times:

NSX Type R '02 - 530PP - 54.873s
Corvette Z06 '04 - 533PP - 55.699s
Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 - 519PP - 55.588s
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96 - 519PP - 57.051s

The RX-8 and Lancer have identical PP, yet their times are 2 seconds off.

Our target times for cars are 55-56 seconds.

We tested the ballast idea before. It made absolutely no difference, what-so-ever. On GVS the NSX was running 1:51-1:52's at 1100kg, and the same 1:51-1:52's at 1300kg. No other car came close.

Mush

weekend_warrior said:
We tested the ballast idea before. It made absolutely no difference, what-so-ever. On GVS the NSX was running 1:51-1:52's at 1100kg, and the same 1:51-1:52's at 1300kg. No other car came close.
Why am I even surprised?

UFRA

Mush said:
Why am I even surprised?

While you are here, answer those questions! :p

Dead Man - the car choice is up to you. We're just letting people know that there are certain cars which will not be allowed due to the broken state of PP and what-not. The NSX has been confirmed to be too fast, without a doubt. There will be a lot of people in your shoes, including myself which will need to choose a new car, so we just gotta roll with it to make the league more balanced.

Our goal is to have people come back into the thread after races and complain about someone's bad driving or ridiculous lag - not to have complaining about 'X car being too fast and it's unfair'. :p

Dead Man

UFRA said:
While you are here, answer those questions! :p

Dead Man - the car choice is up to you. We're just letting people know that there are certain cars which will not be allowed due to the broken state of PP and what-not. The NSX has been confirmed to be too fast, without a doubt. There will be a lot of people in your shoes, including myself which will need to choose a new car, so we just gotta roll with it to make the league more balanced.

Our goal is to have people come back into the thread after races and complain about someone's bad driving or ridiculous lag - not to have complaining about 'X car being too fast and it's unfair'. :p
Yeah, that's fine, but no car has really been dominating. The dominant factor so far has been crashes.

What happens when someone finds another fast car, another round of car bannings mid season? It seems a sloppy way to run. Anyway, let me know the results, I'll find some other car to get crashed into and finish mid pack in.

Edit: No offence intended to anyone from my bitterness, I just am sick of changes being made to the game at every level, from PD down.

UFRA

Dead Man said:
Yeah, that's fine, but no car has really been dominating. The dominant factor so far has been crashes.

What happens when someone finds another fast car, another round of car bannings mid season? It seems a sloppy way to run. Anyway, let me know the results, I'll find some other car to get crashed into and finish mid pack in.

Edit: No offence intended to anyone from my bitterness, I just am sick of changes being made to the game at every level, from PD down.

Well, throughout practices and races we have definitely been seeing a certain bunch of cars that can easily take down others. Those are the Evora, NSX, M3 CSL, and RX-7. The RX-7 and M3 CSL both won the only races we had so far, and they were pretty much "runaway" leads too.

Through our testing, we have confirmed our theories as 3 different drivers managed to consistently be 2 seconds quicker than the rest of the lot that we have been testing. All 4 cars that I listed above are running 54 second laps during tests. The majority of our selected cars are in the 55-56 range which will be more balanced.

This is the exact opposite of sloppy. What we're doing now is using multiple drivers to test cars and find which ones can be the most competitive and fair together. We are eliminating the ones that stand out as being too fast. If one car dominates this time around, it will be due to skill, not the car. There is no way someone can "find" a fast car this time. Now we're giving a limited set of options to choose from. Anything outside the list will not be allowed.

Mush

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00

50/50. My car isn't exactly the slowest but I wouldn't mind trying out some other options.

Dead Man

UFRA said:
Well, throughout practices and races we have definitely been seeing a certain bunch of cars that can easily take down others. Those are the Evora, NSX, M3 CSL, and RX-7. The RX-7 and M3 CSL both won the only races we had so far, and they were pretty much "runaway" leads too.

Through our testing, we have confirmed our theories as 3 different drivers managed to consistently be 2 seconds quicker than the rest of the lot that we have been testing. All 4 cars that I listed above are running 54 second laps during tests. The majority of our selected cars are in the 55-56 range which will be more balanced.

This is the exact opposite of sloppy. What we're doing now is using multiple drivers to test cars and find which ones can be the most competitive and fair together. We are eliminating the ones that stand out as being too fast. If one car dominates this time around, it will be due to skill, not the car. There is no way someone can "find" a fast car this time. Now we're giving a limited set of options to choose from. Anything outside the list will not be allowed.
Yeah, I'm just venting, sorry. I do think it will be the same couple drivers winning no matter what, but I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

Edit: Is it the case that those 4 cars you mentioned are closest to the weight limit? I would be surprised if you find a car too fast that weights over 1200kg. But no hard data to back me up.

Toxa

Honda S2000 06

maybe

Angst

Dead Man said:
Yeah, I'm just venting, sorry. I do think it will be the same couple drivers winning no matter what, but I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

Edit: Is it the case that those 4 cars you mentioned are closest to the weight limit? I would be surprised if you find a car too fast that weights over 1200kg. But no hard data to back me up.
The M3 CSL weighs in at around 1169 kg. I've tried adding 50 kg of ballast and it's still just as fast.

Edit - if the same guys keeps winning at least people won't whine about overpowered cars - and that's the whole point of our test.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96

No

Angst

The following cars have been banned:
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
NSX Type R ‘02
Lotus Evora '09
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
BMW M3 CSL ‘02
BMW M3 GTR '03
Zonda C12 ‘00

The following cars were already being used by members and are still allowed:
BMW Z4 ‘03
Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96 (Personal Note: This car seems a bit slower then the rest, would recommend a change)
Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
Audi TTS Coupe '09
Ferrari 512BB '76
Corvette Z06 '04
Nissan Fairlady (Z34) '08
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
Honda S2000 ‘06
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05

The following cars were tested and are allowed:
BMW M3 Coupe ‘07
Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG ‘08
Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) ‘02 (Personal Note: This car seems a bit slower then the rest, would not recommend)
Lotus Esprit V8 GT ‘98
Mazda RX7 GTX ‘90
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI ‘10
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX ‘05

If you don’t like any of the cars listed and would like to drive another one, just tell us what car you want to use. We’ll gladly test it and tell you if it’s allowed or not asap.

I admire all the work going on in here. Still not sure if I will be able to join though as the majority of my time has been taken away recently.

Ferrari 512 B

No, she is the mother of my children

UFRA

Schmitty said:
458 Italia?! That thing actually met the requirements?

Yes we tested some cars by using the power limiter to bring them down to 414HP.

Some of the cars performed within regulations by doing this, while others were still just too fast. :)

Schmitty said:
458 Italia?! That thing actually met the requirements?

The only requirements right now are &#8804;414hp and &#8805;1100kg. With the power limiter and ballast adjustments a lot of cars can meet those requirements.

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
So, there's a race date but no track designated. Am I missing something?

The league is on hold currently due to the car list rennovations among other things.

We will be releasing new info soon regarding the next race.

The OP in this thread is out-of-date since MM is banned, don't use it as a reference as it is incorrect.

Kaze13

Oh. Damn it. I'm itching to race. The last one ended with a disconnect and I can't hook up with the Super GT crew until next season. Now the NRL is on hold...lol. Woe is my Z and Calsonic GTR.

Question. Where is the next race gonna be held?

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
Oh. Damn it. I'm itching to race. The last one ended with a disconnect and I can't hook up with the Super GT crew until next season. Now the NRL is on hold...lol. Woe is my Z and Calsonic GTR.

Question. Where is the next race gonna be held?

That will be released tomorrow. :)

UFRA

Mush said:
Would that happen to be after a certain "event"? :p

No worries, it will just be an announcement tomorrow. There are no activities going on tomorrow for this league that would take attention away from a certain "super awesome event of great proportions." ;)

Mush

UFRA said:
No worries, it will just be an announcement tomorrow. There are no activities going on tomorrow for this league that would take attention away from a certain "super awesome event of great proportions." ;)
Just a quick query, how are you keeping in contact with our mysterious manager? PSN I presume? I need to discuss how with him how Season 2 will integrate with the NRL as he has requested it on the feedback form.

UFRA

Mush said:
Just a quick query, how are you keeping in contact with our mysterious manager? PSN I presume? I need to discuss how with him how Season 2 will integrate with the NRL as he has requested it on the feedback form.

<.<

>.>

Pssst.

Hey Mush...

<.<

>.>

When the time is right, someone will contact you.

Dead Man

Angst said:
If you don’t like any of the cars listed and would like to drive another one, just tell us what car you want to use. We’ll gladly test it and tell you if it’s allowed or not asap.
Long list incoming:

BMW M3 '04
Chev Corvette GS '96
Chev Corvette Z06 '06
Ferrari 430 Scud '07
Honda NSX Type R '92
Honda NSX Type S Zero '99
Lambo Countach LP400 '74
Lancia Delta Integrale '91
Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst '01
RUF RGT
RUF BTR
Saleen S7 '02
Subaru WRX 22B '98
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97
Tommy Kaira ZZII '00

Yeah, I know, it's long. I just want to know if the car I choose will be allowed before spending time and cr tuning it and testing it.

UFRA

Dead Man said:
Long list incoming:

BMW M3 '04
Chev Corvette GS '96
Chev Corvette Z06 '06
Ferrari 430 Scud '07
Honda NSX Type R '92
Lambo Countach LP400 '74
RUF RGT
RUF BTR
Saleen S7 '02
Subaru WRX 22B '98
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97
Tommy Kaira ZZII '00

Yeah, I know, it's long. I just want to know if the car I choose will be allowed before spending time and cr tuning it and testing it.

Off the top of my head the ones with strikes are for sure banned.

It would help if you sort of narrowed that down a bit lol. Keep in mind WE have to tune and test every one of those otherwise (on top of the numerous other cars we're working on now). If everyone gave us a list of that many cars the league won't start for weeks. We want to have the league starting next weekend, which means having a final list of cars to choose from in the next day or so.

Pick your favorite 3, rank them in order of first choice to 3rd choice, and we'll let you know.

Keep in mind 'supercars' in general usually are too fast. The Saleen S7, and McLaren F1 for example were both tested and were way faster than others, regardless of fitting the restrictions.

Dead Man

UFRA said:
Off the top of my head the ones with strikes are for sure banned.

It would help if you sort of narrowed that down a bit lol. Keep in mind WE have to tune and test every one of those otherwise (on top of the numerous other cars we're working on now). If everyone gave us a list of that many cars the league won't start for weeks. We want to have the league starting next weekend, which means having a final list of cars to choose from in the next day or so.

Pick your favorite 3, rank them in order of first choice to 3rd choice, and we'll let you know.

Keep in mind 'supercars' in general usually are too fast. The Saleen S7, and McLaren F1 for example were both tested and were way faster than others, regardless of fitting the restrictions.
Ugh. No offence, but this is getting too regulated for a league that was just supposed to be fun. Why have the criteria when every car needs to be hand tested? I get that PD have screwed up with the performance figures and whatnot, but bloody hell, the list of banned cars is longer than the list of cars that have been tested and okayed but not in use yet.

I can't really narrow that list down, that WAS the narrowed list. If this league is going to be run on the basis of cars needing to be greenlit before running, then every car needs to be tested. Yes, that is not going to happen, I know. The resources to do that are way out of realms of possibility, I know.

If people were bitching about the cars being too good and making people win, I don't know if I want to be in it anyway, since all I saw was people that drove well winning and deserving to.

I'll try to narrow the list later.

Edit: Yes, I know I have my panties in a twist and sand in my vagina :) Sorry. I just want some set criteria so I can test some cars and pick one!

The list narrowing may be difficult, I'll see what I can do.

Dead Man said:
Long list incoming:

BMW M3 '04
Chev Corvette GS '96
Chev Corvette Z06 '06
Ferrari 430 Scud '07
Honda NSX Type R '92
Lambo Countach LP400 '74
RUF RGT
RUF BTR
Saleen S7 '02
Subaru WRX 22B '98
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97
Tommy Kaira ZZII '00

You need to do your part too Dead Man, don't ask anybody to test a car for you until you've tested it first. Nobody wants to shoehorn the league into a tiny selection of cars, but we do want to maintain a consistent field, and avoid rockets like the NSX and RX-7 which were easily several seconds faster then the other cars.

UFRA

Dead Man said:
Why have the criteria when every car needs to be hand tested?
If you're referring to the 414HP and 1100kg criteria, the cars still need to be hand tested because a Saleen S7 at 414HP and 1100kg is different than a BMW M3 at the same specs.

Dead Man said:
I get that PD have screwed up with the performance figures and whatnot, but bloody hell, the list of banned cars is longer than the list of cars that have been tested and okayed but not in use yet.

This is just what has been revealed right now. So far, between the few of us, we have tested somewhere around 50 cars. There are still cars which are approved that we have not shown yet since we are still finalizing things.

Dead Man said:
I can't really narrow that list down, that WAS the narrowed list. If this league is going to be run on the basis of cars needing to be greenlit before running, then every car needs to be tested. Yes, that is not going to happen, I know. The resources to do that are way out of realms of possibility, I know.

Well, you can only use one car for the league's season. Not all 15 on the list. So - pick your favorite 3, rank them in order of preference, and we will test them. Either way you will have to choose one out of that list. Pretend they are all allowed right now, which one would you want to drive? Then, just pick 2 back-up cars in the event that one is too fast. Most of your list seems pretty reasonable, so I don't see a problem with too many of them.

I understand you are disappointed that your car is not allowed. My RX-7 is no longer allowed and I had to choose a new car. I picked out 3 cars that I thought would be near the restrictions in the first place (i.e. BMW M3 07, Mercedes C63, Mercedes SL 55) and I tested each one of them to see which one I wanted. If I can pick 3 cars, you can pick 3 cars, and I'd be glad to test them for you. :)

Keep in mind that those of us testing are using our own personal game credits and of course time just to make the league better. Between all of us we easily spent millions of credits on cars and tuning. The regulations are quite simple, 414HP 1100kg, and a lap time of 55-56 seconds across several different drivers. We're not asking for much, but we're trying to do our best to make things fair for everyone.

It's always a sour feeling when you have people complaining about X car being too fast/slow. We'd rather have people complaining about the drivers being too good instead. :p

Dead Man

weekend_warrior said:
You need to do your part too Dead Man, don't ask anybody to test a car for you until you've tested it first. Nobody wants to shoehorn the league into a tiny selection of cars, but we do want to maintain a consistent field, and avoid rockets like the NSX and RX-7 which were easily several seconds faster then the other cars.
I'm not asking anyone to test anythionhg I have not already driven, I just don't want to spend hours tuning the suspension and then have it banned, but I see your point. I would say however that there will always be differences in the cars, and that is as it should be.
UFRA said:
If you're referring to the 414HP and 1100kg criteria, the cars still need to be hand tested because a Saleen S7 at 414HP and 1100kg is different than a BMW M3 at the same specs.

This is just what has been revealed right now. So far, between the few of us, we have tested somewhere around 50 cars. There are still cars which are approved that we have not shown yet since we are still finalizing things.

Well, you can only use one car for the league's season. Not all 15 on the list. So - pick your favorite 3, rank them in order of preference, and we will test them. Either way you will have to choose one out of that list. Pretend they are all allowed right now, which one would you want to drive? Then, just pick 2 back-up cars in the event that one is too fast. Most of your list seems pretty reasonable, so I don't see a problem with too many of them.

I understand you are disappointed that your car is not allowed. My RX-7 is no longer allowed and I had to choose a new car. I picked out 3 cars that I thought would be near the restrictions in the first place (i.e. BMW M3 07, Mercedes C63, Mercedes SL 55) and I tested each one of them to see which one I wanted. If I can pick 3 cars, you can pick 3 cars, and I'd be glad to test them for you. :)

Keep in mind that those of us testing are using our own personal game credits and of course time just to make the league better. Between all of us we easily spent millions of credits on cars and tuning. The regulations are quite simple, 414HP 1100kg, and a lap time of 55-56 seconds across several different drivers. We're not asking for much, but we're trying to do our best to make things fair for everyone.

It's always a sour feeling when you have people complaining about X car being too fast/slow. We'd rather have people complaining about the drivers being too good instead. :p
I am assuming the test laps are taking place at Tsukuba? That track will always favour a low weight, rwd car over an AWD car. Anyway, here's the list, narrowed down to one:
Chev Corvette Z06 '06

Edit: Removed cars from the list. I'll throw some more out there if it is banned.

Edit2: Sorry for being a dick about this, I just get frustrated at all the changes.

Top Bottom