• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Konosuke

1. What is your current car registered for the league?
Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91

2. Do you want to change your current car that is registered for the league?
Maybe

UFRA

Dead Man said:
I am assuming the test laps are taking place at Tsukuba? That track will always favour a low weight, rwd car over an AWD car. Anyway, here's the list, narrowed down to one:
Chev Corvette Z06 '06

This car has been tested, and approved.

Angst

Banned:

Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
BMW M3 CSL ‘02
BMW M3 GTR ‘03
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Lotus Evora '09
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) ‘02
McLaren F1 ‘94
NSX Type R ‘02
Saleen S7 ‘02
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI ‘10
Zonda C12 ‘00

Tested and allowed:

Alfa Rome Competizione ‘08
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Audi TTS Coupe '09
BMW Concept 1 Series TII ‘07
BMW M3 Coupe ‘07
BMW Z4 ‘03
BMW Z4 M Coupe
Chev Corvette Z06 '04
Chev Corvette Z06 '06
Ferrari 512BB '76
Honda NSX Type S Zero ‘99
Honda S2000 ‘06
Impreza Coupe 22B-STI ‘98
Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 (TOO SLOW)
Lotus Esprit V8 GT ‘98
Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
Mazda RX7 GTX ‘90
Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG ‘08
Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) ‘02 (TOO SLOW)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX ‘05
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96 (TOO SLOW)
Nissan Fairlady (Z34) '08
Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
RUF CTR2 ‘96
Skyline GT-R VSpec II NUR ‘02
Skyline GTR ‘02
Skyline GTR ‘94
Skyline GTR ‘97
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05
Tesla Roadster ‘08 (TOO SLOW)
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
Viper GTS ‘02

UFRA

In regards to the list Angst posted above, if you do not find any of the cars interesting, then please let us know ASAP (<<See what that says, ASAP) and tell us specifically what car you want, and we will test it.

However, at this point we will no longer be randomly searching and testing cars on our own. We will only test cars upon someone's request from this point on. It's time to get this league moving. :)

If you desire a standard car please provide a 'back up' choice since it may not be easy to obtain.

Dead Man

UFRA said:
Notice we did do some NSX testing, so if you wish to use an 'allowed' NSX there is nothing against that. :)
Yeah, I'm torn now, I have a good setup for the vette, but my NSX is calling!

Edit: Also it look like the BMW M3 GTR is allowed and banned at the moment?

UFRA

Dead Man said:
Yeah, I'm torn now, I have a good setup for the vette, but my NSX is calling!

While the NSX that is 'approved' is not as fast as the banned one, it is on the quicker side of the spectrum. (i.e. only .4 sec off from the banned mark) so it's definitely still going to be a thrill to drive.

If you really want we can always test the premium model '91 as well. I know there were a lot of NSX owners on the league, so to make them feel at home still is not a problem. ;)

Dead Man

UFRA said:
While the NSX that is 'approved' is not as fast as the banned one, it is on the quicker side of the spectrum. (i.e. only .4 sec off from the banned mark) so it's definitely still going to be a thrill to drive.

If you really want we can always test the premium model '91 as well. I know there were a lot of NSX owners on the league, so to make them feel at home still is not a problem. ;)
Nah, the Type S Zero is the one I would choose, thanks though.

Angst

Angst said:
Banned:

BMW M3 CSL ‘02
BMW M3 GTR ‘03
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Lotus Evora '09
McLaren F1 ‘94
NSX Type R ‘02
Saleen S7 ‘02
Zonda C12 ‘00

Tested and allowed:

Audi TTS Coupe '09
BMW M3 Coupe ‘07
BMW Z4 ‘03
BMW Z4 M Coupe
Chev Corvette Z06 '04
Chev Corvette Z06 '06
Ferrari 512BB '76
Honda S2000 ‘06
Lotus Esprit V8 GT ‘98
Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
Mazda RX7 GTX ‘90
RUF CTR2 ‘96
Skyline GTR ‘02
Skyline GTR ‘94
Skyline GTR ‘97
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
Viper GTS ‘02

Car list sorted out
hopefully

Niks

Gran Turismo 5 NeoGAF Racing League - Spec II

From this point forward the NRL will suffer the following changes:
  • Race grid has switched from 16 cars to 12 cars.
  • Number of teams have switched from 8 to 6.
  • The teams have been reshuffled, check the new teams in this post.
  • Races will now be every week instead of 2 weeks apart.
  • Races will now be at a fixed time. Currently set to 19:30GMT.
  • Races will now be 30 minutes instead of 20 minutes.
  • Cars must be allowed before accepted. Check the list of allowed and banned cars in this post.
  • If you don't like any car for the list tell us what you want to use, we'll test it and see if it's allowed.
  • Races will NOT have a parade lap.
  • Qualifying will be 10 minutes.
  • All drivers are required to do at least one mandatory pit stop during the race.
  • League will remain with Heavy Damage.

Updated race schedule:
JyFUn.png

NpCKl.png

CozMick

Banned
Niks, I fucking love you man!

That set-up is a dream come true, seriously.

The time, the weekly races, the mandatory pit stops

EPIC!

7:30pm FUCK YEAH! I'll be there every damn race.

Niks

Trial Mountain Circuit

MlQuv.png
Length: 2.47mi/3982 m Longest Straight: 0.25mi/401 m Elevation Change: 166.7ft/50,8 m Corners: 15​

Race starts in:

t1299958200z0.png

How to join:

Just post in this thread that you want to join the race and what car you'll be using. You'll be added to the list. Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list if you haven't done it yet, and on race day join the private lounge a couple of minutes before the race time.​

Players Participating in Round 3 (0/12):
  • Team Redline - UFRA - Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG ‘08
  • Team Redline - Brentech - Mazda RX-8 Type-S '07
  • Team Metal Gear Racing - Angst - BMW M3 Coupe '07
  • Team Metal Gear Racing - <player name> - <car>
  • Team FR4WD - vissione - Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05
  • Team FR4WD - <player name> - <car>
  • Team FWTC - Toxa - Honda S2000 '06
  • Team FWTC - <player name> - <car>
  • Team Parabolica - <player name> - <car>
  • Team Parabolica - <player name> - <car>
  • Team Deep Speed - <player name> - <car>
  • Team Deep Speed - <player name> - <car>

Kaze13

Niks said:
Kaze, not yet.
Will let you guys know as soon as possible.

Cool. Thanks. BTW, UFRA, I will be using the Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07. I just wanted to make sure it is ok to use.

Mush

Just so everyone knows, the changes with regards to the time of the League have been set with the idea in mind that it allows people who are in both Leagues (the NML and the Super GT League) to participate in both events without anyone missing out. :)

The "organiser" and myself have been working closely on this one, just for you guys.

Kaze13

Ok, I just tested my car at Tsubaka. Consistent 56's. I'll assume that my car is good to go.

edit: btw, is there an enforcement of no HUD? How awesome would that be? I tend to play without the HUD because of that damn cheater gear indicator. I know it's unrealistic to enforce though.

edit 2: So, I did a bunch of testing today. I downloaded the 1st race at Autumn Ring and watched a portion of it. Daisho13 and that NSX wow. That thing was quick but 3 seconds faster than the immediate field? Or, is Daisho one to watch? Looking forward to racing with him.

I put in some hot laps with my Z and could not get close to the best time I saw early in Daisho's race -- 1:15.2xx. My best time was 1:16.5xx and that would have put me in 2nd position/place (theoretically, I don't know the actual times) with a car 100kg+ heavier. My average was 1:17.xxx

Damn it. Is it next week yet? lol

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
Cool. Thanks. BTW, UFRA, I will be using the Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07. I just wanted to make sure it is ok to use.

Are you dead set on that one, because we have a Z34 that is already approved? :p

If not, we can test the Z33 for you but it has not been approved for use yet.

Edit (in reference to your 2nd post): We have to test it before it's approved, regardless of your times lol. We have independent, professional test drivers working on this. :)

Edit 2: The NSX you are referring to is banned because of the fact that it's significantly faster than the rest of the cars.

For example on Grand Valley Speedway it could run 1:51's while most other cars were in the 1:55 range.

UFRA

BTW, a notice to Konosuke, brentech, and h3ro.

Our team is no longer called Team Wankel, it is now Team Redline.

We no longer are a rotary engine only team, hence the name change. :)

Kaze13

UFRA said:
Are you dead set on that one, because we have a Z34 that is already approved? :p

If not, we can test the Z33 for you but it has not been approved for use yet.

Edit (in reference to your 2nd post): We have to test it before it's approved, regardless of your times lol. We have independent, professional test drivers working on this. :)

Edit 2: The NSX you are referring to is banned because of the fact that it's significantly faster than the rest of the cars.

For example on Grand Valley Speedway it could run 1:51's while most other cars were in the 1:55 range.

Quite set on the Z33. I tested the 08 and thought it would perform better. It didn't suit my style. I much prefer the older version. That's why I put up my choice as soon as I could (for testing).

I figured that the nsx would be banned. My Z was only a 100kg heavier but a ~2 sec advantage was way too much on that track. Glad that steps are being taken to fix this type of issue (I voted one make btw)

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
Quite set on the Z33. I tested the 08 and thought it would perform better. It didn't suit my style. I much prefer the older version. That's why I put up my choice as soon as I could (for testing).

I figured that the nsx would be banned. My Z was only a 100kg heavier but a ~2 sec advantage was way too much on that track. Glad that steps are being taken to fix this type of issue (I voted one make btw)

No problem man. One other question, since there are numerous Z33's in the game, I wanted to confirm specifically which model you want. The '07 would be the premium model, correct?

It slipped my mind that there would be a ton of these cars as far as standard models go, so I just wanted to make sure I have the right one.

I voted for one-make as well. lol ;) Although now that the dirty work is done and things are back in motion I'm happy to have a selection of cars to choose from. This way I'm ending up using one of my favorite cars in the game.

Dead Man

Sorry guys, I'm out, I can't do 6am on a Sunday, this weekend on the Nurb showed that. Have fun though!

Although if the time was available to change, I would love it, since I really want to race this league. Might I have the temerity to suggest a 2 hour later time?

Kaze13

UFRA said:
No problem man. One other question, since there are numerous Z33's in the game, I wanted to confirm specifically which model you want. The '07 would be the premium model, correct?

It slipped my mind that there would be a ton of these cars as far as standard models go, so I just wanted to make sure I have the right one.

I voted for one-make as well. lol ;) Although now that the dirty work is done and things are back in motion I'm happy to have a selection of cars to choose from. This way I'm ending up using one of my favorite cars in the game.

Premium model yes.

Konosuke

Thanks for the list guys, I've managed to find 3 interesting cars. There can be only one though.

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08

Anyone up for a practice race?

brentech

UFRA said:
BTW, a notice to Konosuke, brentech, and h3ro.

Our team is no longer called Team Wankel, it is now Team Redline.

We no longer are a rotary engine only team, hence the name change. :)
That's fine. I'll continue driving with my magic Dorito.

h3ro

Are we keeping the maximums at 414bhp and 1100kg?

I'm gonna test out some Skylines today. UFRA, Team Redline works for me. Are we sticking with Yellow?

Toxa

Angst said:
Banned:

BMW M3 CSL ‘02
BMW M3 GTR ‘03
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Lotus Evora '09
McLaren F1 ‘94
NSX Type R ‘02
Saleen S7 ‘02
Zonda C12 ‘00

Tested and allowed:

Audi TTS Coupe '09
BMW M3 Coupe ‘07
BMW Z4 ‘03
BMW Z4 M Coupe
Chev Corvette Z06 '04
Chev Corvette Z06 '06
Ferrari 512BB '76
Honda S2000 ‘06
Lotus Esprit V8 GT ‘98
Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
Mazda RX7 GTX ‘90
RUF CTR2 ‘96
Skyline GTR ‘02
Skyline GTR ‘94
Skyline GTR ‘97
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
Viper GTS ‘02

what about the lotus esprit 02 premium ?

Konosuke

h3ro said:

I'm gonna test out some Skylines today. UFRA, Team Redline works for me. Are we sticking with Yellow?
All my proposed cars are yellow now lol. I don't mind painting them tho.Team Redline is cool.

Angst

h3ro said:

Yes.

My car will be the BMW M3 '07.

Niks

If you are going to participate on next saturdays race, I need you guys to post here, so I can update the entry list. Only two members per team.

<Team > - <player name> - <car>

Thanks.

Dead Man said:
Sorry guys, I'm out, I can't do 6am on a Sunday, this weekend on the Nurb showed that. Have fun though!

Although if the time was available to change, I would love it, since I really want to race this league. Might I have the temerity to suggest a 2 hour later time?

then there was one. :\

Broseybrose said:
TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00 for me. Im gonna give the next round a shot.

Brosey... do you have any idea how difficult to control that car is? I would really suggest that you pick a car that's easier to drive.

Broseybrose

weekend_warrior said:
One then there was one. :\
Brosey... do you have any idea how difficult to control that car is? I would really suggest that you pick a car that's easier to drive.
Its one of my favorites in the game and i handle it extremely well. Dont worry, ill be in Sunday Driver mode... my goal is to not hit a single thing... speed comes second.

I will need lots of practice (to learn deep forest with no racing line plus damage and grip and all that) so make sure you guys announce any practice sessions. Ill also be practicing on my own of course.

Angst

Team Metal Gear Racing - Angst - BMW M3 Coupe '07

will post a pic later
Broseybrose said:
Its one of my favorites in the game and i handle it extremely well. Dont worry, ill be in Sunday Driver mode... my goal is to not hit a single thing... speed comes second.

I will need lots of practice (to learn deep forest with no racing line plus damage and grip and all that) so make sure you guys announce any practice sessions. Ill also be practicing on my own of course.
You know the race is on Trial Mountain right? :p

I'm heading to the GT NRL Lounge now for a bit of practice. Please join.

UFRA

h3ro said:

Yup, sticking with yellow. As for Skylines there's a few nice ones to choose from on the car list, hopefully you find one you like. :D

UFRA

Kaze, good news. Your car - Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 has been tested and approved. :)

I ran high 55's, low 56's with it. It's right on the money with the target times.

Aw jeez not this shit again.

Im going to have to go through a million cars again because the R8 is banned. Maybe Ill just put them in excel and randomly choose one. I dont even have the funds to try more than a handful anyway.

UFRA

FYI to Team Redline (Konosuke, h3ro):

Our team color has changed. It is now green. If you have a light/bright color green that is what it is now. If you have the color "green go" that's even better, but obviously not required lol.

Everyone copied us with yellow so we're changing. :p lol kidding
but seriously they did copy us. :p

(brentech already knows)

Top Bottom