• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

UFRA

Konosuke said:
Couldn't it be red lol ?

For some reason I thought some team still had red. However I forgot that once the teams changed for Leage Spec II, there is no longer a red team.

Before we switch to red, I need to know WW's answer:

Edit: Oh I know what threw me off. Weekend_Warrior's Corvette is red, even though his team's color is listed as black. WW did your team change to red??

brentech

Son of a bitch, I liked our new color!!! RAMPAGE!! lol
Kidding. I'll probably use matte red, or the RX-8 in my gt5 profile pic.

UFRA

brentech said:
Son of a bitch, I liked our new color!!! RAMPAGE!! lol
Kidding. I'll probably use matte red, or the RX-8 in my gt5 profile pic.

Don't change just yet. Our choice of red depends entirely upon WW's answer. If his team indeed changed to red, we will stick with green to be different.

I like the green color too. Although Team Redline would certainly be a perfect candidate for red lol.

UFRA said:
Don't change just yet. Our choice of red depends entirely upon WW's answer. If his team indeed changed to red, we will stick with green to be different.

I like the green color too. Although Team Redline would certainly be a perfect candidate for red lol.

I don't know I'm doing, all I know is avaya is gone, Dead Man might be gone, and it looks like I need to find a new team.
And my car might get banned. :\

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
I don't know I'm doing, all I know is avaya is gone, Dead Man might be gone, and it looks like I need to find a new team.

If your team gets fixed though, will you be black or red? :p

Mush

Has anyone got any ideas regarding my constant slew of disconnects? I switched to a wired connection yesterday during my problems with the Super GT League race and that for whatever reason seems to be causing my problems. :/ Maybe it's finally time to try for an Open NAT type...

And if anyone's wondering, I changed ISP's about a month or two back, and it was nowhere as near as bad as it is now.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
If Team Redline wants red then take it. I don't care what my team color is. I only painted my new Vette red because it looked good.

Thank you sir.

Team Redline will officially be the color red now.

Sorry to the team for any confusion as we went from Yellow > Green > Red > Wait, green > Red.

I'm personally going to choose a red thats kinda bright like a Ferrari red. That should be pretty sharp looking.

UFRA said:
Thank you sir.

Team Redline will officially be the color red now.

Sorry to the team for any confusion as we went from Yellow > Green > Red > Wait, green > Red.

I'm personally going to choose a red thats kinda bright like a Ferrari red. That should be pretty sharp looking.

I actually thought the Merc in goldish yellow looked good.

UFRA

Question for everyone:

How do you feel about having racing events on Sunday instead of Saturday?

It seems we had a fantastic turnout today and that was just for a practice!

Note: We are also looking into experimenting with other starting times to accomodate everyone as comfortably as possible.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
I actually thought the Merc in goldish yellow looked good.

Yeah it wasn't bad, but with another yellow team and an orange team there's too many similar colors. Makes it easier to identify your teammates this way too. lol

Konosuke

weekend_warrior said:
If Team Redline wants red then take it. I don't care what my team color is. I only painted my new Vette red because it looked good.
I salute you. I'm more comfy with Saturday.

Kaze13

It was nice to finally put in some laps with some of the folks here. I got d/c'd a lot because of my router. Nothing to do with the room but I did have trouble getting into the lounge a couple of times. Thanks for the tips MM.

My laps started off well enough. Lap times ranging from low 1:29's to higher 1:28's. Started messing with some of my settings and got it down to low 1:28's. Working on it some more I started dropping my times and consistently got to 1 second off the best lap at 1:27.1xx. Then I got it consistently within 0.6 then finally beat the best lap by -0.09 lol. Best lap I turned in was 1:27.112 but that is during practice. The guys who put in the previous best lap did it during the race! Wow lol. Props to Tox and Sunnhi. Good practice guys.

btw, however short it was, Niks, that was an awesome battle during that lap. :thumbsup

Toxa

UFRA said:
Question for everyone:

Note: We are also looking into experimenting with other starting times to accomodate everyone as comfortably as possible.

saturday :) I hate sundays :p

Mush

UFRA said:
Question for everyone:

If you want to further alienate myself and Dead Man, go ahead. :p

Translators Note: Sundays are actually Mondays for some people.

UFRA

Mush said:
If you want to further alienate myself and Dead Man, go ahead. :p

Translators Note: Sundays are actually Mondays for some people.

FVhTY.png

All according to plan.

Anyways, I'm just the messenger of the question, now that you mention that the idea will probably be scrapped. :p

Dead Man

weekend_warrior said:
What car is getting banned? Your vette? I thought that was fine! And yeah, any movement on the time would be appreciated, Sunday probably not so good for Mush and me since that would make it Monday here.

Handy Time Zone Converter
Results from GMT to my local in Adelaide for the current suggested race time

And a probable more useful link, a meeting planner showing GMT (and London), New York, Los Angeles, Adelaide and NZ times (Sorry Mush, I don't know what town you live in, so I picked Auckland).

Schmitty

vissione said:
Team FR4WD - vissione - Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05

Available to race!

Schmitty how you doin' next weekend?
I'm in! Would I be able to switch to the BMW concept series tii? If so, I won't be able to test it until Friday since I'm away on vacation. I prefer FR over 4WD like my TTS so I'd like to see how it drives.

Although, I still love my Audi.

Dead Man

weekend_warrior said:
Upon further review the '06 Z06 has been denied eligibility into the NML.
:( What the hell guys?

UFRA said:
This car has been tested, and approved.

What was the point of that then? Someone wins a race and their car is banned? Why not just start the season over, with a new set of consistent rules, this is becoming a farce.

UFRA

Dead Man said:

What was the point of that then? Someone wins a race and their car is banned? Why not just start the season over, with a new set of consistent rules, this is becoming a farce.

There was an error. It turns out the car was not tested properly in the first place.

Ther test driver who submitted the times for the C6 has received a pay cut.

This is not becoming a farce. In fact, if you saw the races we had today you would realize all the work we put into testing vehicles has paid off. We had races where nearly the entire grid stayed reasonably close throughout the whole race. Something that NEVER happened in the old league. There would always be a few cars that would "runaway" previously. However, the C6 seemed to be too quick amongst the others, and after testing it further it proved to be too fast. (it ran 54 second laps in testing)

Dead Man said:

The goal has been, and still is, to insure as consistent performance as possible across all cars. During practice today it was noted by others, and confirmed by myself (driving the car), that the Vette was indeed a tick or two faster then the other cars.

It would be best for everyone in the league to assume that no car is safe from banning. If it ever becomes apparent that any car has an unfair advantage, whether it be the first or last race of the season, it's going to get banned.

Kaze13

People (not directed at anyone in particular). Stop complaining and just ask or move on and choose another car. Giving grief to people spending their assets (time, CR and whatnot) only makes things worse. Thank you to all those involved in making the league better.

UFRA

Dead Man said:

From League Leader:

MM said:
“One car gets mistakenly approved, and removed, and now all the work we have done, with several people during several hours is a farce? You’re making it a little difficult for me to spend even more time trying to figure out a way to make races in a timezone that work just for you tbh. If you must know the full story before you jump to conclusions you should know that the vette was mainly tested by Weekend_warrior, near the end of our tests, he got a good time but not a extremly fast one, but his times were a little slower then the rest of us, so we didn’t care much for it, it’s become pretty apparent that he’s gotten alot better with the car afterwards. At this point we had other people test the car and confirm it was indeed faster, so it was banned. I don’t see the reason to panic over this. AFAIK you were even gonna choose another NSX, WW is the one being affected here and he was honest enough to let us know that maybe he was wrong about the vette. I’d appreciate if you had a bit more trust on the hard work UFRA, Niks, WW and Angst are having here. Also it was pretty damn apparent that all this hard work paid off during practice today. Most balanced races I’ve ever had in GT5. I’m sure everyone there would agree.”

Dead Man

UFRA said:
There was an error. It turns out the car was not tested properly in the first place.

Ther test driver who submitted the times for the C6 has received a pay cut.

This is not becoming a farce. In fact, if you saw the races we had today you would realize all the work we put into testing vehicles has paid off. We had races where nearly the entire grid stayed reasonably close throughout the whole race. Something that NEVER happened in the old league. There would always be a few cars that would "runaway" previously. However, the C6 seemed to be too quick amongst the others, and after testing it further it proved to be too fast. (it ran 54 second laps in testing)
If the damn thing has not been tested, don't say it has.
weekend_warrior said:
The goal has been, and still is, to insure as consistent performance as possible across all cars. During practice today it was noted by others, and confirmed by myself (driving the car), that the Vette was indeed a tick or two faster then the other cars.

It would be best for everyone in the league to assume that no car is safe from banning. If it ever becomes apparent that any car has an unfair advantage, whether it be the first or last race of the season, it's going to get banned.
a tick or 2 faster is less than the difference in driver skill, imo.

UFRA said:
From League Leader: One car gets mistakenly approved, and removed, and now all the work we have done, with several people during several hours is a farce? You’re making it a little difficult for me to spend even more time trying to figure out a way to make races in a timezone that work just for you tbh. If you must know the full story before you jump to conclusions you should know that the vette was mainly tested by Weekend_warrior, near the end of our tests, he got a good time but not a extremly fast one, but his times were a little slower then the rest of us, so we didn’t care much for it, it’s become pretty apparent that he’s gotten alot better with the car afterwards. At this point we had other people test the car and confirm it was indeed faster, so it was banned. I don’t see the reason to panic over this. AFAIK you were even gonna choose another NSX, WW is the one being affected here and he was honest enough to let us know that maybe he was wrong about the vette. I’d appreciate if you had a bit more trust on the hard work UFRA, Niks, WW and Angst are having here. Also it was pretty damn apparent that all this hard work paid off during practice today. Most balanced races I’ve ever had in GT5. I’m sure everyone there would agree.”
Yeah, I specifically said I was choosing the Z06 a few posts ago, but that's okay. I also have tried to provide assistance in finding a time, and have only requested a very small change.

Edit: And providing the full story does help with avoiding people making assumptions.

Kaze13 said:
People (not directed at anyone in particular). Stop complaining and just ask or move on and choose another car. Giving grief to people spending their assets (time, CR and whatnot) only makes things worse. Thank you to all those involved in making the league better.
Not accepted by anyone in particular :)

Look, I think since the time zone thing is such an issue and since I don't seem to agree that such parity in cars is important I think it might be best if I withdraw. May I make some suggestions for your future leagues? You might want to make it clear that people in Asian timezones are less welcome, and make the damn thing a 1 make race, so no one can complain.

I mean no offence to those who have tested the cars, and if you look, I actually congratulated the people on the list presented, and was looking forward to getting down to racing. But the league has gone from one with varying times, and a desire for a wide variety of cars, without worrying too much about ultimate performance, to one with set times and an obsession with making sure no one has a car slightly faster than any other.

I do appreciate everyone's hard work, but if it is not communicated what is happening behind the scenes it is a bit difficult to give credit. I was unaware that the group practises were the test sessions, so apologies if I have denigrated anyones work.

In light of the fact that it is too hard to find a time in which I can race, you may was well consider me out.

/rant.

Sorry for shitting up your league guys.

Edit 2: Look, the only communication I have really received from anyone is that my first car was banned, the races were now at a set time that I could not participate at, and my second car was banned. Sorry if I got shitty. Have fun, and maybe we can all learn a thing or two from this.

Kaze13

^the super GT league might be your thing then. One make and all. I am in both of em now and hope to get some racing in soon too. If it's not working out for you then there isn't much anybody can do. Just the way it works sometimes.

Dead Man

Kaze13 said:
^the super GT league might be your thing then. One make and all. I am in both of em now and hope to get some racing in soon too. If it's not working out for you then there isn't much anybody can do. Just the way it works sometimes.
Already am in the Super GT, and had a great time not winning any races, and seeing a variety of cars. I DON'T want a one make series, but I think that is the only way some people will be satisfied with this one. It just seems very different to how MM described it when he was setting it up.

weekend_warrior said:
And on that note I have no team. Great.
I would love to be racing in your team, but I don't see how that is possible given the time thing and my obvious angst :)

brentech

Just 2 shots of todays practice:

Practice_1.jpg

Practice_2.jpg

Simply 2 consecutive shots, but the important note is that this is right before the end of the 3rd lap.
And we have 6 cars all racing pretty darn equally, on a more technical track than HSR. Sadly, while going 4 wide into an S, I don't think anyone made it through without at least a rub. I squeezed out successfully and I believe few got caught up later on since their cars were loosened up.

Anyways, the moral is that the testing has proved to be pretty valuable and largely accurate. I for one am all for a diverse field and probably wouldn't have cared, but there was a reason that like 4-5 people registered the NSX before the league actually got underway...they ran away at the start of races.

In the end, we're 2 normal races into the season, and much like the SuperGT league, there is growing pains to get through. If you can't bare while the kinks/quirks to get worked out for a first time league, I don't know what to tell you. It's really not the end of the world -- even if we are nearing 2012.

I really just can't comprehend a rage dump like that when a group of people are just trying to make sure that everyone involved can enjoy the league. They're not intentionality singling anyone out or fucking with you for laughs. Yeah, sudden changes suck, but in the end, I think everyone will see it is for the better.

UFRA

Schmitty said:
Would I be able to switch to the BMW concept series tii?

Sorry, I forgot to respond to this.

Yes, that car is already approved for the league and there's no problem with you switching to it. Until you race in an event, you can switch your car as many times as you like prior to that. Once you do race in an event, you have to stick with that car throughout the rest of the season.

When you have decided just post your sign-up for the Trial Mountain race in the format of - Team - Name - Car.

Dead Man

Hi, my name is Dead Man, and I was wondering if I can take part in this league. It looks like fun, but I'm a bit worried about the time, since it is 6am where I live. I see there have been some difficulties with another guy by the name of Dead Man who also lives in Australia, he sounds like a jerk, and I hope we can get along better than he did.

I see there is a long list of cars available, I will look over these and try to choose one.

I think I would like to join Team Parabolica, but if that other guy is still there then any team is fine.

Anyway, looking forward to racing.

Top Bottom