• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Dibbz

Good practice tonight. Sun I hope you get your connection sorted out soon, you were warping all over the place. At one point you were miles behind then all of a sudden bam you hit me from behind going about 1000 mph :|

ashk

@Toxa: I was right about the cutting :p

GLLqD.jpg

IIvEp.jpg

Toxa

well I told you I went large in this corner.

due to the slipstream (overspeed) and my late braking

665688CircuitdelaSarthe200913.jpg

494368CircuitdelaSarthe200914.jpg

344504CircuitdelaSarthe200915.jpg

I went large had to brake the 2nd gear to avoid going into the grass it wasn't my intention here

brentech

The cones and green posts have the craziest physics ever. Those bitches go flying!

I tried my best to maintain the general rule used in Super GT and other NRL events, of keeping 2 wheels on the track. I only participated in 2 or 3 practices today, but one of them I remember just having too much speed at the end chicanes. Try my best to stay honest on all of that stuff though.

Not sure if it was intentional or just goofing off, but there was a few different races that I saw toxa going straight through the chicanes on the back straight? I'm assuming just shitting around, but was just surprised cause it wasn't like he was away from the pack or out of the race when it was happening.

Toxa

brentech said:
I only participated in 2 or 3 practices today, but one of them I remember just having too much speed at the end chicanes. Try my best to stay honest on all of that stuff though.

same to much speed in the corner I join the room late I didn't have the time to train here tonight (not even a single lap) only races couldn't work a clean race line

Toxa

brentech said:
Yea, I thought you were just doing it for laughs or to see if you could get through without losing much speed, lol.

lol actually you can cut here without loosing too much speed it's easy on this track but if I was doing this, I could have won every race tonight

Niks said:
^ You are not participating this weekend gutterboy? There are still 3 spots available.

This Saturday at 2 EST? I think I should be able to do that. I am all setup at my new place and I don't have anything planed as of yet on Saturday. So yeah put me down.

Got to go with my favorite DTM car ever,

Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92 aka Mafia Mobile

Kaze13

I still don't have a car for this special stage and I might just sit it out.

edit: bit the bullet and spent some cash on the Lexus ISF concept. So, Im back in the game! (I bought it because it was the premium model. If I'm gonna spend cash....

edit2: Ugh, going round this track I almost wish I could skip this but I need the points! lol.

Unless I find one of the Opel/Vauxhall cars in the UCD I guess I'm going to use the Abt TT-R (I don't like the M3). It's fairly stable, even if it lacks some power.

If I wanted to have an unfair advantage I'd use the 155. I know (guess) that the reason to decrease the max PP was to allow the car to stand a chance against the others, but it's seriously overpowered right now if you set it to 580. If has 500+bhp and weights 1010kg. Granted, it's an old car and as such it doesn't do as good as others when cornering, but man... on the straights (and there are A LOT of straights in this track :p) it obliterates the rest. If I stepped on the gas fully, you couldn't overtake me even when slipstreaming and I could fly past you. Even when setting the bhp to 475 (~570pp) it's still a little bit overpowered. You guys may want to take a look at that.

Would it be too much trouble for someone to dupe me their IS F Concept? I know it's not that expensive, and I have 10M credits, but that's because I'm saving as much as I can - I still haven't bought an LMP and man, are those expensive...

Toxa

Risk Breaker said:
Unless I find one of the Opel/Vauxhall cars in the UCD I guess I'm going to use the Abt TT-R (I don't like the M3). It's fairly stable, even if it lacks some power.

check the online UCD ;)

I think I'm gonna switch for the opel too

ashk

Risk Breaker said:

If I wanted to have an unfair advantage I'd use the 155. I know (guess) that the reason to decrease the max PP was to allow the car to stand a chance against the others, but it's seriously overpowered right now if you set it to 580. If has 500+bhp and weights 1010kg. Granted, it's an old car and as such it doesn't do as good as others when cornering, but man... on the straights (and there are A LOT of straights in this track :p) it obliterates the rest. If I stepped on the gas fully, you couldn't overtake me even when slipstreaming and I could fly past you. Even when setting the bhp to 475 (~570pp) it's still a little bit overpowered. You guys may want to take a look at that.

Would it be too much trouble for someone to dupe me their IS F Concept? I know it's not that expensive, and I have 10M credits, but that's because I'm saving as much as I can - I still haven't bought an LMP and man, are those expensive...

Wow, I had no idea. The M3 has ~440 bhp with 1120kg. Even when I lowered the downforce as much as I could without destroying its balance I could only get to 490bhp, but at such low downforce I'd almost always spin out in the right kink before Indianapolis.

Toxa said:
check the online UCD ;)

I think I'm gonna switch for the opel too

:D Thank you! Damn, so many awesome cars in there :( And the R89C just popped up in my UCD! And the A4 Touring Car!! ffffffuuuuuu Shopping spree.

@ashk Yes, it's seriously overpowered. Just imagine the BHP you could get if you set the weight to 1150kg (and the engine allowed it).

Sorry about yesterday, sorted it out now. Just needed to reset my router.
Download speed - 20mb
Upload speed - 4mb :)

Edit: Some of the pp doesn't make sense, my R8 is 480bhp with 1300kg and at 580pp. The 190e is at 480bhp with 980kg and at 579pp

Kaze13

SunhiLegend said:
Download speed - 20mb

Edit: Some of the pp doesn't make sense, my R8 is 480bhp with 1300kg and at 580pp. The 190e is at 480bhp with 980kg and at 579pp

I hate your superior internets...

Dibbz

SunhiLegend said:
Download speed - 20mb

Things like downforce, aero etc are taken into account in PP. I'm guessing that the R8 even with the added weight is still more competitive that the big block 190e.

ashk

There is going to be so much carnage in the race when people not used to slipstream forget to take it into account during braking. Case in point: me during the first practice race :p

Kaze13

practiced earlier. Niks joined up at the end. What kind of lap times are you guys doing? My best was a 4:06ish. When Niks joined I noticed a couple of things. 1. His car is able to pull away slightly even with a slight draft. Ouch. 2. Holy crap, I can't take those esses as swiftly as him and his car.

Got used to the track somewhat. Besides some of the Aspec stuff, I don't usually trample around La Sarthe and it shows. Oh, one more thing, I fucking hate that turbo whine. It's so obnoxious I turn the tv down just so I don't have to hear it.

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
practiced earlier. Niks joined up at the end. What kind of lap times are you guys doing? My best was a 4:06ish. When Niks joined I noticed a couple of things. 1. His car is able to pull away slightly even with a slight draft. Ouch. 2. Holy crap, I can't take those esses as swiftly as him and his car.

Got used to the track somewhat. Besides some of the Aspec stuff, I don't usually trample around La Sarthe and it shows. Oh, one more thing, I fucking hate that turbo whine. It's so obnoxious I turn the tv down just so I don't have to hear it.

That statement is illegal in this thread!! :p

My favorite man-made sound in life is a turbo spooling up. :D

I love shifting just before the redline in GT5 and hearing that blow out valve discharge. "Psshhhh."

Kaze13

UFRA said:
That statement is illegal in this thread!! :p

My favorite man-made sound in life is a turbo spooling up. :D

I love shifting just before the redline in GT5 and hearing that blow out valve discharge. "Psshhhh."

That part is awesome yeah but...that whine....ugh. I am just annoyed because it's so much more noticeable in tracks like this.

Good news though, I asked Niks how my car looked while being around his car. He says, it looked fine so I assume that I fixed my issue. On top of that, no drops in KZ3 either booyah.

Angst

A good tactic for the race is slipstream bumping. If the #1 car gets too far ahead of #2 and #3 to use the slipstream to catch up, car #3 can use #2's slipstream to gain speed, but instead of overtaking he should lightly bump car #2 so he gains speed as well. Rinse and repeat and you will be able to catch up to car #1. Handle with care though as it can ends badly if you're not careful. :)

Broseybrose

I have a problem with this 580pp limit.

When i chose my car (CLK '00) it was because i was familiar with it and it was recommended by a few of you. Now, im going from memory on the hp but i think its 675hp. I KNOW it weighs in at 1000kg even. I think it was at 638pp.

However, in order to get my pp down to 580, i had to add maximum ballast (200kg) and reduce my hp down from 675 to 424. So now its 200kg heavier, and running at 67% engine power. I dont want to race in a 424hp/1200kg CLK Touring car. Its like only bringing half of the car to the race.

Whats the point of having this special event if we cant enjoy the unadulterated performance we've grown to love from these DTM machines?

Angst

Broseybrose said:

When i chose my car (CLK '00) it was because i was familiar with it and it was recommended by a few of you. Now, im going from memory on the hp but i think its 675hp. I KNOW it weighs in at 1000kg even. I think it was at 638pp.

However, in order to get my pp down to 580, i had to add maximum ballast (200kg) and reduce my hp down from 675 to 424. So now its 200kg heavier, and running at 67% engine power. I dont want to race in a 424hp/1200kg CLK Touring car. Its like only bringing half of the car to the race.

Whats the point of having this special event if we cant enjoy the unadulterated performance we've grown to love from these DTM machines?
Simply because we can't use only the CLK. We want to give people more options for the race. And I'm pretty sure you have used the engine upgrade for your CLK as I didn't have to limit my CLK that much.

ashk

Kaze13 said:
4:00?! :( Looks like my ISF will be the rear admiral for this race. Gonna have to work on it some more.

Running by myself I can comfortably go a few seconds under 4:00, but during a race 4:00 seems to be the norm. You might want to consider changing cars if it's that far off the pace.

Dibbz

Angst said:
Simply because we can't use only the CLK. We want to give people more options for the race. And I'm pretty sure you have used the engine upgrade for your CLK as I didn't have to limit my CLK that much.
Yeah I reduced my engine power to about 90% and not to sure about the ballast I used but it was enough to still keep me competitive through practice.

I'm in the lounge now, testing my possible car on free run, if anyone wants to join and test or something.

BTW, do we know how long will the race be?

Broseybrose

Of course i maxed out the engine in my CLK. I max out almost every car i drive now that there are limiters/ballast.

Because i had to hamper my vehicle's performance so drastically, id bet i have less power and more weight than the rest of you guys. I hope im wrong of course.

Do you guys think a 424hp/1200kg CLK will really cut it in this race? Or should i start messing with my downforce settings, which is something i really hoped to avoid? Maybe switch to another car?

Maybe someone can help me tune the CLK for max performance (aero, ballast, hp) while still adhering to the 580pp limit?

Toxa

Risk Breaker said:
I'm in the lounge now, testing my possible car on free run, if anyone wants to join and test or something.

BTW, do we know how long will the race be?

15 lap at least IMO

ashk

Toxa said:
15 lap at least IMO

That's too long, it would take over 1 hour :p Not that I would mind, but AFAIK it was said that the races would be about 30 minutes in length so I'd say 8 laps.

Toxa

ashk said:
That's too long, it would take over 1 hour :p Not that I would mind, but AFAIK it was said that the races would be about 30 minutes in length so I'd say 8 laps.

tires can last at least 8 laps ... ok the pistop is mandatory but pointless with 8 laps

ashk

Toxa said:
tires can last at least 8 laps ... ok the pistop is mandatory but pointless with 8 laps

Yeah I know and I agree that it would be pointless, but so far the number of laps has been planned so it takes 30 minutes to finish, not according to tyre wear.

Also, I wanted to ask if qualifying will be prolonged given the time it takes to complete a lap?

UFRA

Broseybrose said:

You have the car heavily modified then.

These are touring cars, not LeMans cars lol. Stock, these cars are in the 400HP range so if anything the 580PP limit makes it more realistic compared to the 635PP limit which meant upgrading the cars beyond their realistic levels. :)

I've got around 415 HP in every car (TT, A4 and Astra). I very rarely get to 280km/h on the straights unless I slipstream. Around 1100kg, too, little less for the Astra.

SunhiLegend, do you have an A4? If you don't I could try to gift you one, it isn't the fastest car in the grid, but the tyres will last you forever.

I confirm that I'll use the Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00 Best mix of speed and control that I could find. I didn't want to use a car someone else was using already but :p

Toxa

Risk Breaker said:
I confirm that I'll use the Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00 Best mix of speed and control that I could find. I didn't want to use a car someone else was using already but :p

same for me ;)

I have the A4, just hate the way it looks. The main reason I chose the R8 was the looks.

audi-r8-lms-h.jpg

seeing as the race is 10 laps I should be okay, barely.

Top Bottom