• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

ODDI

I've been waiting sooooooo long for a F1 car in a 3D GTA game I don't care if the car costs 10 million. DAY 1.

ODDI

I don't think there are any F1 cars in this update :(

QtYD7Ev.png
I could be wrong about the class but close enough (the cars in the back)

snacknuts

we all knew her
Just logged in and got a notification that Rockstar gave me a free CargoBob. Would have been nice if they did that a couple weeks ago before I bought the Jetsam version. 😬

Just logged in and got a notification that Rockstar gave me a free CargoBob. Would have been nice if they did that a couple weeks ago before I bought the Jetsam version. 😬

Did you use the in game website exploit on last gen to buy one and then had it removed?

I read somewhere that the Cargobob's vehicle carrying abilities were nerfed quite heavily in a patch; is that aspect of the Cargobob fairly useless now? I was thinking that using the Cargobob to pick up some of the crate vehicles (e.g, Rumpo custom, etc.) and fly them to the destination might be a clever approach, but would that even work now?

Nope, I have no idea why they gave it to me. I did buy a shark card a few days ago, so maybe it's a bonus for that?
Yep, it seems to be a bonus for people who recently bought a Shark card.

I read somewhere that the Cargobob's vehicle carrying abilities were nerfed quite heavily in a patch; is that aspect of the Cargobob fairly useless now? I was thinking that using the Cargobob to pick up some of the crate vehicles (e.g, Rumpo custom, etc.) and fly them to the destination might be a clever approach, but would that even work now?

Nope, tried to transfer a RV from Paleto Bay(don't ask lol) and my partner's cargobob didn't even work.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Anyone on PS4 up for doing heists tonight? A buddy of mine had only finished the first and the last, and would like to do there others so he can buy the vehicles. And I've never finished Series A, so I'd like to get that under my belt.

Nope, tried to transfer a RV from Paleto Bay(don't ask lol) and my partner's cargobob didn't even work.
Thanks Mike, you just saved me $1.7 million :)

Anyone on PS4 up for doing heists tonight? A buddy of mine had only finished the first and the last, and would like to do there others so he can buy the vehicles. And I've never finished Series A, so I'd like to get that under my belt.
Should we get a GAF GTA V PSN community going, if there isn't one already?

Ugh disabling Cargobobs like that is pure bullshit, utter garbage, especially for a series that's supposedly to be an open sandbox like GTA. Or use to be before they started overly scripting missions.

Ugh disabling Cargobobs like that is pure bullshit, utter garbage, especially for a series that's supposedly to be an open sandbox like GTA. Or use to be before they started overly scripting missions.
The problem was twofold I think:
  1. People hooking their friends' Rhino, and having a literal flying tank; and
  2. People picking up other players' cars and then dropping them in the ocean, which they could do without incurring an insurance charge because technically they didn't destroy the car, the ocean did.
It does suck though, picking up vehicles with the Cargobob was so much fun and really did add to the sandbox element like you say :(

edgefusion

I keep encountering this bug where when I leave a mission and return to freeroam all I'm able to do is walk around. Can't run, can't draw a weapon, can't jump etc. Is this a known bug? It's very irritating!

Striker

Seems Fleeca Job is sort of borked atm. May be the last update that did the trick. The cargobob that picks your vehicle up no longer goes to the bridge.

Seems Fleeca Job is sort of borked atm. May be the last update that did the trick. The cargobob that picks your vehicle up no longer goes to the bridge.
I've noticed some changes to the Pacific Standard heist setup missions too, some of the 'tricks' don't work any more, or at least don't work the same way. It's unclear whether the changes are intentional bug fixes, or bugs themselves like the one you're talking about.

Version 1.19 is live on the PS4 (939.4 MB).

What would you guys list as the biggest changes you'd like to see in GTAO?

I've been thinking about it, and here are some of mine:
  • Bodyguards/Associates should get their full reward from free roam events. It's fine that the VIP/CEO gets a percentage of the winnings as their 'patron', but that cut should come courtesy of GTAO itself rather than the bodyguard/associate being punished for taking on that role, and being discouraged from taking part in those events at all.
  • The Quick Job options should perfectly match up with daily objectives, so that they can channel players properly. Either the Quick Job options need to be made more specific, or the daily objectives need to be made less specific. For example, currently daily objectives specify 'play a Capture: Raid', but Quick Job only lets you select Captures in general. The current setup just results in people joining the wrong lobby or job and then quitting out, which just annoys everybody. This is especially annoying as a design decision given that daily objectives could be used to help populate game modes that would otherwise sit empty, but Rockstar's current tools simply don't allow it.
  • Contact missions rewards need to be increased slightly to make them more relevant. I recommend newer players skip them entirely in favour of heists, which is a shame because there's loads of good content that Rockstar created just sitting there, with no incentive to play it.
  • Associates should be paid good bonuses for successful crate deliveries/sales. The Associates helping out with the warehouse missions are basically just shit kickers at the moment, with no real incentive to help with those missions.

EDIT: New cars and motorcycles:

Emperor ETR1 (Lexus LFA race version) - $1,995,000
Dense and Kronos liveries

Progen Tyrus (McLaren F1 GTR) - $2,550,000
Debonaire and Fukaru liveries

Annis RE-7B (Mazda 787B) - $2,475,000
Estancia and Pegasus liveries

Obey Omnis (Audi Quattro) - $701,000
Classic Rally and Retro Rally liveries

Lampadati Tropos Rallye (Lancia Stratos) - $816,000
Air Herler and Stronzo liveries

Grotti Brioso R/A (FIAT 500) - $155,000
Atomic Tires and Sprunk liveries

Vapid Trophy Truck - $550,000
Vapid Racing and Western Motorcycle liveries

Vapid Desert Raid - $695,000
Drone and Badger liveries

Nagasaki BF400 - $95,000
Atomic and Sprunk liveries

Western Gargoyle - $120,000
Gargoyle and Gargoyle vintage liveries

Déclassé Burger Shot Stallion - Free

Vapid Pisswasser Dominator - Free

Bravado Redwood Gauntlet - Free

snacknuts

we all knew her
Déclassé Burger Shot Stallion - Free

Vapid Pisswasser Dominator - Free

Bravado Redwood Gauntlet - Free

How does these cars being free work? Do they show up in my garage? Can I call Pegasus and order them up? Or are all of the race cars only available in races and you have to buy them to have access to them?

How does these cars being free work? Do they show up in my garage? Can I call Pegasus and order them up? Or are all of the race cars only available in races and you have to buy them to have access to them?
You buy them on the Southern San Andreas Super Autos site, and then they're delivered to your garage like any other purchase. They just happen to be free (and are clearly listed that way). It works the same way as the Eligy (if you registered with the Rockstar Social Club to get that car free).

Broughy had to reupload his video because of incorrect spoiler versions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXa5BIhDemM

RE-7B demolishes absolutely everything with its massive downforce, it's almost 4 seconds quicker than X80 Proto over his 1 minute test track.

Yeah, glad I didn't buy the ETR1 after I saw the first video. I'm probably going to hold off on buying anything until the other vehicles are released and/or there's a discount... They really should have created a new class for those cars.

snacknuts

we all knew her
They've been running sales on things I've already bought so much lately that I'm not really planning to buy anything going forward unless it's on sale.

It's worth noting that there are some awesome new clothing options in this update as well: proper race suits, racing leathers (finally), motorcross jerseys, etc.

They've been running sales on things I've already bought so much lately that I'm not really planning to buy anything going forward unless it's on sale.
Yeah but some of the new vehicles are just so damn cool... :)

It's always hard to hold off on the fastest car. I managed to avoid the temptation to get the Proto because I knew these were coming, plus it was only slightly faster than my T20. The RE-7B is so quick though that it's very hard to hold off.

The rally cars look very cool too; I think it'll be hard for me to avoid buying the Omnis if I have that much cash at any point after getting the RE-7B.

Akai__

What's up with the "Kicked for being Idle for too long"? I drive arround the whole time, stop for writing one message and I get kicked. Took me less than a minute... Whatever happened to the 10+ minutes Idle countdown?

I'm also pretty annoyed that I can't sell my cars that are above 50.000$. I don't want those vehicles anymore, so why not let me sell them? So stupid...

Akai__

I really really hate the fact that you have to play like an asshole to win a race. Every time I'm in 1st somebody will ram me, so that I do a 180°...

Since when?!

Don't ask me. I took a very long break from GTAO. I just entered LSC with my Adder and it wouldn't let me sell it with the 50k message.

ODDI

What's up with the "Kicked for being Idle for too long"? I drive arround the whole time, stop for writing one message and I get kicked. Took me less than a minute... Whatever happened to the 10+ minutes Idle countdown?

I'm also pretty annoyed that I can't sell my cars that are above 50.000$. I don't want those vehicles anymore, so why not let me sell them? So stupid...

Sounds like you own a glitched/duplicated vehicle I own a few myself then cannot be sold and only way I can tell to get rid of them is to replace it.

Linius

I really really hate the fact that you have to play like an asshole to win a race. Every time I'm in 1st somebody will ram me, so that I do a 180°...

There are 'no contact' races. So everyone's car is a ghost and the only one who can influence your race results is you. They do glitch sometimes though, I was bumped of the road in a no contact race once.

Akai__

Sounds like you own a glitched/duplicated vehicle I own a few myself then cannot be sold and only way I can tell to get rid of them is to replace it.

The only thing that I duplicated was that Smart and I got bored quick of that. I imported this account from the Xbox 360, so I don't know if that has something to do with it? Anyways, guess I will leave it in the garage then.

There are 'no contact' races. So everyone's car is a ghost and the only one who can influence your race results is you. They do glitch sometimes though, I was bumped of the road in a no contact race once.

Nobody seems to plays those. Every playlist or race has the standard settings.

Striker

Catchup is as bad as dickhead drivers or traffic in races. Makes it hard sometimes to enjoy racing on the game because of it.

Logged in to check out the update last night. Bought the Lampadati. I don't care if it isn't as good as the other car. That Lancia Stratos <3

Headlights go up...headlights go down...headlights go up...headlights go down...

Oh and now I'm broke. Like under 100k broke.

Sold a car for $68000 yesterday to make room in my garage.

Accidentally bought the $120000 Gargoyle bike. Sigh.

Happy accident. The Gargoyle is a beast and one of the best bikes in my opinion. Awesome speed and handling. Plus, it just sounds awesome!

Catchup is as bad as dickhead drivers or traffic in races. Makes it hard sometimes to enjoy racing on the game because of it.

Yep. Usually do the races with a big crew. We always have catchup and slipstream turned off. It's rare for top 3 racers to get the fastest lap times when catchup is on since it governs your speed so much. Playing with randoms that turn it on and use custom cars are usually bad drivers trying to weasel their way for a win.

If you do Non-contact Races make sure the traffic is also set to off...

I also like doing non-contact races. But if I'm hosting a lobby with randoms and switch it to no contact everyone usually abandons ship unfortunately. I guess people just want to smash into each other.

Ok, still working on this. I think that the video or episode or whatever you want to call is it done. I still want to add some music and maybe a few filters. Much of the beginning of the video is unchanged, with the the exception of a few camera angles that have been tightened up and some transitions that flow better. I was finally able to add the chase scene at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXe3CJ7Cl_o

Big thanks again to Xenorevlis and snacknuts for spending their Saturday, back when this was filmed, driving around aimlessly and holding random shootouts.

New race modes are great, but tiny lobbies are still a problem on X1. At one point had 10 people in a race lobby and I jumped for joy... yay! 10 people! And then slowly most dropped out before it started and we ended up starting with 6. Still, six! yay! And then, 1 dropped out of the race, another disconnected mid-race when he fell to last place, so we had 4. Ok, well, fine.

Then after the race, two dropped off, so it was me and another guy and he kept messaging me "10 laps i let u win u let me win"

GTA Online everybody.

Came across a super-annoying issue tonight while doing my first proper playthrough of the stunt races: some of the checkpoint placement is incredibly stupid, such that if you get big air off some of the big jumps - surely the goal in a stunt race! - you can actually sail right over the top of a checkpoint without tagging it, and have to reverse back along the track to get it. Pretty ridiculous, and clearly not intended!

Here are two quick examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EXdKzM9l0E

New race modes are great, but tiny lobbies are still a problem on X1.
Definitely not seeing that issue on the PS4, if you create a stunt race lobby it fills up with 16 players within about 60 seconds. I honestly haven't seen this much activity in GTAO before, it's crazy.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Definitely not seeing that issue on the PS4, if you create a stunt race lobby it fills up with 16 players within about 60 seconds. I honestly haven't seen this much activity in GTAO before, it's crazy.

Yeah, it can be hit or miss when going to the regular menu and starting a race there, but using the cell phone's quick job, it's always put me into heavily populated races.

Here's a bit of races I had a couple days ago

cpVKxCJ.gif

Top Bottom