• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Yoday

High Priority Case and Titan Of A Job in particular are both fun jobs that pay out well. They can both be done solo, but it's better in a party. Yoday, if you're on PS4, add me (vntonywhite) and we'll do some together.
I'm on Xbox, but thank you for the mission suggestions.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I'm brand new to GTAO, are these double $$&RP playlists the best way to start building up my character?

The cash and RP you get for finishing a mission is based on the time it takes to complete the mission. The longer you take, the more you get. I think the breakdown is something like this:

<6 min = 50% of max payout
6-8 min = 60%
8-10 min = 70%
10-12 min = 80%
12-15 min = 90%
>15 min = 100%

What I've been doing lately when grinding for cash is jumping into an invite-only server, then doing the Sightseer thing from CEO/VIP work, which usually takes 5-7 min and pays $22-25K. Then I will do a couple missions like Blow Up II or Cleaning the Cat House that you can do solo without ever having to shoot anyone, and I will start a timer on my phone so I don't finish until 6 min. have passed (to maximize time-to-payout return). Then go back to my server and do Sightseer again since there's about a ten minute cooldown. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Symphonia

Banned
The cash and RP you get for finishing a mission is based on the time it takes to complete the mission. The longer you take, the more you get. I think the breakdown is something like this:

<6 min = 50% of max payout
6-8 min = 60%
8-10 min = 70%
10-12 min = 80%
12-15 min = 90%
>15 min = 100%

What I've been doing lately when grinding for cash is jumping into an invite-only server, then doing the Sightseer thing from CEO/VIP work, which usually takes 5-7 min and pays $22-25K. Then I will do a couple missions like Blow Up II or Cleaning the Cat House that you can do solo without ever having to shoot anyone, and I will start a timer on my phone so I don't finish until 6 min. have passed (to maximize time-to-payout return). Then go back to my server and do Sightseer again since there's about a ten minute cooldown. Lather, rinse, repeat.
I might do that Sightseer trick myself. $22K for doing nothing is awfully tempting.

I do Denial of Service whenever I'm low on sticky bombs. You just drop whatever you have, pick up the spawned ones, drop again until there's enough on the ground to reach the 25 limit and pick them all up.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Am I the only one who considers non-armored cars to generally be wildly impractical for any part of this game? Both missions and free roam seem pretty unforgiving without one, and the Kuruma or the armored Schafter are both plenty fast for me.

Am I the only one who considers non-armored cars to generally be wildly impractical for any part of this game? Both missions and free roam seem pretty unforgiving without one, and the Kuruma or the armored Schafter are both plenty fast for me.
Any heist mission that doesn't involve shooting from your vehicle is best done in the fastest vehicle available.

For example, any mission where you have to drive somewhere and switch to another vehicle (dinghy, sea shark, helicopter, bus, etc.).

Just to elaborate on this, using the Pacific Standard Heist (still the best money making method in the game) as an example:
Heist Setup 1 - Vans: I'll take my T20 for this. This mission involves no shooting and revolves around driving to all of the vans within a time limit.
Heist Setup 2 - Avi: I'll take my T20 for this. You want to get to the Seasharks (I use the Northernmost ones) as quickly as possible, and having a fast vehicle available for the drive back to the final objective (and for eluding the police) helps tremendously too.
Heist Setup 3 - Hack: If I'm the driver rather than a decoy, I'll take my T20 in order to get to Lester's factory as quickly as possible to pick up the van.

Beyond that, there's always races as well. Racing is a lot of fun in this game, it's actually fairly underrated as an arcade racer if you ask me.

Then of course there are the various free roam events that call for fast cars (highest speed, longest jump, etc.).

If you're in your apartment and order a Pegasus vehicle to be delivered, you'll generally want the fastest vehicle possible to get to wherever it spawns as quickly as possible.

Finally, if you play in passive mode (as I often do), then speed is often more important in a vehicle than bullet or explosive resistance.

So if you're wondering whether you should buy a fast car like the T20, then those are some of the uses it would have.

I love that fucking car.

U7GMnAh4yUOcvbaRo8xBlQ_0_0.jpg

snacknuts

we all knew her
I love that fucking car.

Me too, and I have you to thank for it. Prior to that night when we were all goofing around and making videos, I had no idea that you could get armored versions of some of the luxury cars. Then I got to drive yours and thought, "Ooh baby, this is niiiiice." So I bought one and dressed it up to match the rest of my fleet/character (gotta stay on brand).

WMPNKHC.jpg

I'm not overly sold on it yet, but I haven't really had that much of a chance to drive it around or modify it at a body shop. I do kinda wish I bought the Proto instead but, yeah, that price tag is too steep for my liking.
Stock it's nothing to get excited about. I bought it purely on looks and the fact that it was topless (Banshee love). I thought I had made a mistake. Fully modded, it is a completely different car. The straightaway speed is insane and its better handling characteristics mean that, unlike the brick Banshee, you are more likely to hit that top speed. It reminds me of driving the old 2nd generation MR2. You have get the body to rotate into the direction you want and mash the throttle. Hard to drive on reaction, but pure bliss as a driver's car.

Me too, and I have you to thank for it. Prior to that night when we were all goofing around and making videos, I had no idea that you could get armored versions of some of the luxury cars. Then I got to drive yours and thought, "Ooh baby, this is niiiiice." So I bought one and dressed it up to match the rest of my fleet/character (gotta stay on brand).

http://i.imgur.com/WMPNKHC.jpg
Nice color scheme. :D

I think the Schafter is still ranked as the overall 2nd best car in the game. Other players really underestimate it. Enjoy the close-range explosive silly putty, Karuma drivers. The bullet resistant windows may go quick, but with an adequate team it doesn't matter much. You've already done the damage and they aren't likely to catch you during your escape. My group has rolled it into plenty of virtual war zones, coming out way on top.

I'm not all that thrilled by the latest content update. Mostly excited by the new clothes (not the pricetags, though). Really interested in the stunt / race DLC coming up, as it seemingly will open up a lot of awesome track creation abilities without needing to be on hacked version of the game or whatever.

Also... and this is a bit strange since I did the "narration"... but we made a film-nior style thriller video. Deadly Midnight

Throwing my name out there (PSN same as GAF) for being down to do repeat heists or VIP / CEO mission stuff. Definitely want to make some GTA monies to eventually pick up some new toys and outfits / accessories :D

I missed last night :(
You were missed. We started out the night running CEO deliveries, combating rivals and griefers. Ran into a few funny glitches. Unfortunately, I only captured one on video. The roller coaster got stuck and a friend and I were parked, waving our hands, unable to exit while snacknuts and another friend tried to blow us out with Buzzard rockets.

Anyway, here's a montage video.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Thank goodness for solo public rooms. Just sold a full medium warehouse (42 crates) all by my lonesome with no trouble. $735K to uncle snacknuts.

Thank goodness for solo public rooms. Just sold a full medium warehouse (42 crates) all by my lonesome with no trouble. $735K to uncle snacknuts.
Is there some way to ensure you get into a solo public room?

I just bought an office but haven't even looked at the warehouse buying and selling yet. I've heard that the Pacific Standard heist is still the quickest way to make money, but if you can do the warehouse stuff solo then it makes it very attractive for when my friends aren't online.

How long does it take to buy and then sell 42 crates?

I didn't time it and the first time I did it I only did a few at a time (and haven't filled the warehouse since) but you're probably looking at almost three hours before selling it. You could probably do a couple Pac Standard heists in that time and get a better pay out. Even with the medium one it's a ridiculous time sink with a relatively shitty payout though I guess maybe they expect you to do a VIP mission in between cool downs or something. You could probably grind some faster but still good paying missions and make more too.

Linius

Doing VIP missions during cool downs is key I suppose. They make up to 25K easily. That's some good money in between.

I didn't time it and the first time I did it I only did a few at a time (and haven't filled the warehouse since) but you're probably looking at almost three hours before selling it. You could probably do a couple Pac Standard heists in that time and get a better pay out. Even with the medium one it's a ridiculous time sink with a relatively shitty payout though I guess maybe they expect you to do a VIP mission in between cool downs or something. You could probably grind some faster but still good paying missions and make more too.
I just saw a good summary of various money-making approaches here:

http://www.nexination.com/gtaonline/

snacknuts

we all knew her
Is there an assault rifle that is objectively the best in this game? I normally use the Advanced Rifle, but I'm not sure why or if it even matters.

Striker

Special Carbine or Carbine to me. Bullpup is good too but it seems to have a bigger spread at longer range.

The Seven-70 seems like a good car, but overpriced per usual!

Mastah

Unfortunately it's not possible since they've ended releasing new DLC on old gen after Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 :( Only on PC through mods.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Well, I did something I said I would never do and bought a shark card. The big one. That 50% bonus was too tempting to pass up. I did the math and realized it would take me at least 100 hrs to grind that much cash, and my time is worth more to me than the $1/hr I'd be "earning" by getting all my money in-game. Now I just wait for the yachts to go on sale again...

Daffy Duck

Unfortunately it's not possible since they've ended releasing new DLC on old gen after Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 :( Only on PC through mods.

So even on the PS4 version there is no way to get these new cars?

That sucks then. But I guess that's the draw to online then.

Mastah

There was a method to bring cars from online to singleplayer via Trevor's garage, but as you can guess, it was patched few months ago :/

Well, I did something I said I would never do and bought a shark card. The big one. That 50% bonus was too tempting to pass up. I did the math and realized it would take me at least 100 hrs to grind that much cash, and my time is worth more to me than the $1/hr I'd be "earning" by getting all my money in-game. Now I just wait for the yachts to go on sale again...
Don't feel bad, people like you are the reason we've gotten so much content in GTAO.

It's bullshit that they didn't keep adding them to SP and for them to also be free, it sucks how neglected SP has been and I wonder how many people actually finished the story instead of jumping right into online. Judging by what I've seen of the online since it came out I'd imagine the number would be relatively huge.

gwailo

Banned
It's bullshit that they didn't keep adding them to SP and for them to also be free, it sucks how neglected SP has been and I wonder how many people actually finished the story instead of jumping right into online. Judging by what I've seen of the online since it came out I'd imagine the number would be relatively huge.

Well, if it was people that got it at launch, they had to play SP because online wasn't up for a while after the game came out. I think most people will just dick around in SP and play online. I know a few of my friends haven't even played enough to unlock Trevor.

I wish there was more integration between the modes. Like why can't your online character be one of the hired thugs for the SP heists?

Well, if it was people that got it at launch, they had to play SP because online wasn't up for a while after the game came out. I think most people will just dick around in SP and play online. I know a few of my friends haven't even played enough to unlock Trevor.

I wish there was more integration between the modes. Like why can't your online character be one of the hired thugs for the SP heists?

Yeah, I was talking about people who got it after online launched and seeing so many people who didn't know what they were doing, even the most basic of tasks that the game covered in the first few missions.

Linius

Would be a shame if people treat GTA like a Call of Duty game now. Rockstar delivered a solid and lenghty SP. Wasn't bored a bit when I got the game at launch and there was no online to toy around with.

Now I started playing the game again on PS4 I skipped the SP of course, but that's a different matter.

EDIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6GdQFbgZSs

Every GTA V police chase ever :lol

Just got stuck on a blank screen on the PC side as I delivered some crates to my warehouse, the game didn't crash or anything just failed to load me in the warehouse which is something I thought was fixed ages ago. So I force quit after several minutes and come back, crates weren't delivered and I lost the 18K... Annoying, I'd be really pissed if that happened if I was selling them. Think I'm gonna hold off doing that again until we see what the next update brings.

Top Bottom