• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Linius

I've honestly never had that happen to me. Personally, I really like the insurance system, because it discourages (but doesn't prevent) people from just randomly blowing up your car. If you took away the insurance system then you wouldn't be able to drive ten metres without someone blowing up your vehicle.

Yeah that's my experience too. Can't really remember the time I played this on 360, but since I dived back in on the PS4 I've had my car blown up once. While I was doing some shopping. I figure without the insurance system that number would be a lot bigger than just one time.

I just hit rank 54 and the trophy for reaching rank 50 still didn't pop, hopefully it will come at some point soon.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I am going to buy the cheapest office with no upgrades. I have not been able to find any indication that the living accommodations upgrade adds any benefit,

So this is not entirely accurate. I'm pretty sure you have to add the accommodation upgrade to be able to spawn at your office when you start the game. However, that upgrade is like $800K and you can buy an apt right across the street from the cheap office for $200K with a ten car garage.

Is there any way to make it so loading into online on game load takes you to a friends- or crew-only session?

I'm just loading into single player and switching to online afterwards, but the loading times and Franklin's Aunt are getting annoying.

ODDI

Hope you guys ain't broke, 3 future dlc cars are coming including the Grotti X80 Proto which looks odd but sounds amazing! The uploader has gameplay of all the vehicles and the supposed pricetags are -

Grotti X80 Proto: $2,700,000.
Seven-70: $695,000
Pfister 811: $1,135,000

Tigress

Hope you guys ain't broke, 3 future dlc cars are coming including the Grotti X80 Proto which looks odd but sounds amazing! The uploader has gameplay of all the vehicles and the supposed pricetags are -

Grotti X80 Proto: $2,700,000.
Seven-70: $695,000
Pfister 811: $1,135,000

The Grotti looks like it will be the new favorite of griefers everywhere. It's stand out enough that they'll love the attention and it's pricey so they can show off how much money they have.

Marvie_3

Banned
Is there any way to make it so loading into online on game load takes you to a friends- or crew-only session?

I'm just loading into single player and switching to online afterwards, but the loading times and Franklin's Aunt are getting annoying.
Thats what I do too. I wish there was a better way

I don't know if you can load into a crew-only session. If you are on consoles or PC you can select to load single player or online. PC it is right on the main start screen. On console if you press square or X while the game is loading it will switch to load online.

The other thing you can change is in the start menu. I forget what setting it is under, maybe the online tab or the settings....but there is a toggle to boot into online when the game is started.

On console if you press square or X while the game is loading it will switch to load online.

Yes, but I am disinclined to join a random instance of Hydras and tank shells. PvP (in this game) in general and griefing in particular don't interest me.

I like playing with my friends and that's it.

Yes, but I am disinclined to join a random instance of Hydras and tank shells. PvP (in this game) in general and griefing in particular don't interest me.

I like playing with my friends and that's it.

While launching directly into a private, crew, or friends only GTA Online lobby isn't an option, you could try this:

Start GTA V and hit the X or square button to launch directly into Online mode. You will be dropped into a public session so make sure that you have already selected to spawn into a safe area (garage or apartment) during a previous online session to avoid any potential chaos. Then use the method in this video to launch the Creator and then immediately drop into your own private, crew, or friends lobby.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just spent a few hours doing the new CEO missions then dropped off all 15 goods and only got 10k for that and in total like 50-60k. Really didn't seem worth it.

Symphonia

Banned
Just spent a few hours doing the new CEO missions then dropped off all 15 goods and only got 10k for that and in total like 50-60k. Really didn't seem worth it.
I find that hard to believe. I ran some CEO missions earlier, picked up about 9 crates, then ran a job to deliver them all. I got about $126K for them. So $60K for 15 doesn't sound right at all.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I've been both CEO and associate. Not once have I been paid >$50K for delivering that many crates. I know the system is flawed, but it's not that flawed.

Something must have been going wrong then. Before we started I deposited $10.8k into my bank account so I had $0. After playing several collections then doing the 15 drop offs I now have in my $59.6k on-hand.

Before the 15 drop offs I had $49.6k so the reward was $10k. Does the CEO get to control the % of how much each player is given?

Tried out some of the new stuff last night, thanks to a random CEO online. The warehouse and office are cool, though seemed he had to go back to his office every time just to initiate another cargo intercept or special cargo drop-off sequence. One of the new cars is also super low to the ground!

Oh, also uploaded this weird first-go at using "Director Mode" in GTA.

I titled it Kitty Plays With Food. Hope some of you enjoy it, heh.

Mastah

actual_1465427121.png

gtaonline-061416bonuses-640.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ontent=newswire&utm_campaign=gtafaff-06142016

Marvie_3

Banned
The servers have been so shitty since this last update. Try to join a random heist and it sits there for 5+ minutes searching. Cant connect to 90% of invites either.

Linius

Are there any benefits to owning a boat like the toro? Because I can't really see myself taking it out for a spin just for pleasure. Since there's like nothing to do on the water...

snacknuts

we all knew her
Are there any benefits to owning a boat like the toro? Because I can't really see myself taking it out for a spin just for pleasure. Since there's like nothing to do on the water...

For me, absolutely not. I completely forgot that I even owned a boat until recently. I just checked my stats and I have over 450 hrs logged in GTA:O; 67 minutes of that has been spent driving boats, and I'd wager the majority of that was during missions or races that required it.

Linius

Yeah that was my guess. I only drive boats in missions as well. It can be useful when you own a yacht I guess. But yachts come with a small boat anyways :p

Marvie_3

Banned
I take my boat sometimes when im just killing a few minutes between activities. Something different i guess.

Knuxie

Neo Member
I got the gold swift last night even though I was saving for a large warehouse... Sacing for the X80 proto (Sitting at 2.2mil atm) and then I'm getting the boat before the sale ends too...

I think rockstar knows that my goal is to have the most expensive and blinged out EVERYTHING in the game...

Striker

Yeah that was my guess. I only drive boats in missions as well. It can be useful when you own a yacht I guess. But yachts come with a small boat anyways :p
The boat you get with the highest priced yacht is great for countering those ridiculous waves. The Dinghy struggles with all that, as do the jet skis.

Not sure what Power Play is but I'll have to test it out.

Linius

Played as associate with a friend of mine yesterday for the first time. Those missions are quite fun and lucrative I have to say. A mixture of CEO and VIP missions that is. So yeah, my next target is saving up for an office and warehouses. Sitting at 650K currently so I want to at least double that before I can start investing.

Striker

Do you get paid more for being an associate or bodyguard? I am just over $1,200K but haven't decided whether or not to invest in a warehouse, etc.

Linius

Well you can make quite a lot of money when you sell a filled up warehouse as CEO. But there's also a lot of risk involved since everyone on the map will be out to fuck up your deal. After investments I believe my friend made about 200K on a maxed out warehouse. No idea how many hours he played for that though. For being associate you just get regular payouts via securoserv for being associate.

VIP missions are still the most valuable, especially headhunters was easy money. I mainly want to invest in CEO stuff because I like the idea of having an office and the permanent VIP status without needing a million on the bank.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Every once in a great while, I will be in a public game and everyone else in the game with me will "leave" the server. Then I get a notification that I am in there by myself, and that I can go to the menu to find a new session. This happened again last night just as I was trying to get a friend into my game. It let him join and no one else ever came into the room, but it was still designated as public; we were going to town on buying and selling crates and it was a piece of cake without a room full of randoms trying to ruin it for us.

just got into online last week as a co-worker talked me into checking it out,
loving it but kinda wish it had more social/2nd life options.

For example I wish they had a pool of jobs you could pick from which you would do a set amount every daily log-in.
For example you pick a cop and you go around preventing crime from both NPCs and players. From people running a redlight up to players with wanted stars which it would show you
and the higher the level the higher the reward for busting them.
( criminal on the other hand could rescue wanted players and you'd get rewarded)

Police job would start as a traffic cop-> patrol -> detective -> swat > captain
Criminal starts at mugger -> driver -> hitman -> made man -> head of a family

And other stuff like paramedic, firefighter, pilot(news, police, travel), cab driver, hair stylist, shop owner, lifeguard, etc

Symphonia

Banned
Is this normal if you haven't played in months?

At first I was excited but then I saw the ' - '
A quick Google search shows me that several people got hit with the same kind of message. Some people got $100000, and some lost $100000. This was an official move made by Rockstar, so is not a scam or mod trolling you. Why they did it is unclear.

Striker

So it fits in with the Adder and the Banshee 900r. I bought the Osiris when it was on sale and I love it. Would like to add another super to the mix eventually.

Symphonia

Banned
That and Heists on repeat are a good way to easily build it up. Playing contact missons on Hard is another.
High Priority Case and Titan Of A Job in particular are both fun jobs that pay out well. They can both be done solo, but it's better in a party. Yoday, if you're on PS4, add me (vntonywhite) and we'll do some together.

Top Bottom