• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

I finally got my buzzard a couple of days ago and it is the greatest purchase for online. So fun messing with people, plus it only cost 200 to get replaced!

~Kinggi~

Banned
How do you get a dubsta 2 to spawn so that you can then get the modded one to sell? I havent been able to find a dubsta at all. Also do you need to be specific levels to do these rare car sells? Im gonna try the dominator trick for 20k. I have one to drive around in.

I got 1 high-end apartment with a 10 car garage where i store race cars and cruisers. Second apartment is a medium-end (or whatever they're called) one with a 6 car garage; that's where i store all my mission vehicles (armored up SUV's and 4 doors with bulletproof tyres) and then i've got another 10 car garage over by the airport.
Very nice, I have a similar set up. 1 high end apt at Eclipse, filled with Five Comet's, all different factory paintjobs for Prsche GT3 RS-Rs, and 5 Chromed Dubstas. I have a 10 car garage by Simeons docks, with an Akuma, a Sanchez, Blista, Panto, Wayne's World car, personal SandKing, and a few others. My last garage is 1337 Exceptionalist Way, by the airport, and it is filled with Nine tuned Sports Cars, and an Entity. I am tempted to liquidate my Dubsta stock, but am fearful it will be patched at some point and I'll be out more money than I need to be. I need to finish my Sports car garage, and look at some other less used cars as well. I desperately want a high end house though...c'mon paid DLC!!
This is a GREAT post for everything Dubsta2 (Chrome) related, thank you Felix for putting this together for everyone!! You've just helped a BUNCH of people here make way more money than they thought possible.
How do you get a dubsta 2 to spawn so that you can then get the modded one to sell? I havent been able to find a dubsta at all. Also do you need to be specific levels to do these rare car sells? Im gonna try the dominator trick for 20k. I have one to drive around in.
Yes there is! On last page, CatDaFelix posted a huge, very awesome tutorial. Follow my quote of him I "snipped" (for space, it's a huuuge post), but that should tell you everything you need to know.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yes there is! On last page, CatDaFelix posted a huge, very awesome tutorial. Follow my quote of him I "snipped" (for space, it's a huuuge post), but that should tell you everything you need to know.

I saw that post but that trick only works if you are driving in a dubsta apparently, and i cant find one to start with. Doing that in any other car isnt spawning like the video does.

GQman2121

Banned
I saw that post but that trick only works if you are driving in a dubsta apparently, and i cant find one to start with. Doing that in any other car isnt spawning like the video does.

Watch the YouTube vid of the guy explaining how to aquire the D2. You literally just sit in a driveway up the street from the spawn site and wait for it to drive by. The time of day is key.

Yea m'bad, my comprehension skills seemed to be turned off. If the youtube vid method doesn't work, you could try to see if a fellow crew member that is online wouldn't mind helping to spawn one. I know I will be online later tonight, for sure.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ok so watching the one youtube vid where the guy sat in the driveway and waited worked for me, as did the followup advice to own the car, then always take it out to the intersection. Dubsta spawns every time. One of my 10 car garages is now almost full of them lol. Combine with the horn glitch which still works and im getting 35k a piece.

Key seems to be actually driving in the chrome dubsta to the intersection, and then you can get away with leaving it there, going to the garage and stealing another car and then respawning another dubsta while the one you own is still stopped at the intersection blocking the new ones. After a while this stops working and you need to properly drive the dubsta back again.

thanks for the tips.

Tigress

Thanks to everyone helping me stock up on Dubstas again.

Question for those of you that are successful in getting them to spawn, are you wearing a mask or not? I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong cause they just will not spawn for me. Also, does anyone do it while in passive mode?

Thanks to everyone helping me stock up on Dubstas again.

Question for those of you that are successful in getting them to spawn, are you wearing a mask or not? I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong cause they just will not spawn for me. Also, does anyone do it while in passive mode?

I use invite only (so there is no other players in that spawn area to mess it up), I don't wear a mask or in passive mode. Also I use my insured dubsta 2 to spawn them.

me spawning them, 7-15 hours. I do the exact same thing for PS4 or xbox
xbox
http://xboxclips.com/StormLord/d9c33e1e-99cd-4eb6-a223-b96b2b5c6ca1

ps4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toH6nYRv8_c

I just found out the dubsta 2 is slower then the dubsta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeiSoPauexo

Hastily put together clip from a session with Xenorevlis, RaymanV8 and Felix

I wonder if you turn off all the HUD, it would make the helicopter camera lines go away. Also wondering if you turn off a particular sound bar, it'll make the camera "whiiiirrr" go away.

Maybe I should just try using the phone camera, while in the copter, instead.
Hahaha! That was eerily great. Lovely choice of music.

If you happen to have more footage from this timeframe, let me know if you wouldn't mind me using some of it (did you get tank footage?) for our upcoming GAF video (follows the metal-based montage releasing in a couple of days).

torontoml

Ya tigress, try going to an invite only/crew/solo session. Joining a random room I find has random effects.

And to answer your questions, I can do it in passive or non passive and with or without a mask it doesn't matter.

There should be an indicator in job invites telling you that this invite is coming from a crew member. Given that we have more than 300 in ours, it's hard to keep track. At least, that's been the case for me. I also find myself ignored most of the time when I send invites, but maybe that's just cause people are busy or just not interested.

Grinchy

Banned
I see invites all the time. But when I go to join the targeting mode is almost always on auto aim. Fuck that noise.

I gave up on non-autoaim servers so long ago. I love the idea of not having auto aim in free mode.

I'm surprised anyone would want to do missions without it, though.

Cronnie

I gave up on non-autoaim servers so long ago. I love the idea of not having auto aim in free mode.

I have free aim on all the time, makes free roam less ridiculous, and you also get a 25% bonus on RP earned when completing missions with it on too.

Didn't take too long to adjust too, certainly a lot better after the whole deadzone/acceleration settings patch.

GQman2121

Banned

The high money missions I can understand using auto aim. The cpu have laser like accuracy and the military don't mess around.

But everything else outside of those missions is infinitely more enjoyable in free aim. I can't imagine spending anytime in free roam with auto aim enabled.

I'm in a lobby for a mission right now and I don't see where to set free aim mode. Is it something set from the options menu and it just carries over to any job you host?

Mistel

Banned
I'm in a lobby for a mission right now and I don't see where to set free aim mode. Is it something set from the options menu and it just carries over to any job you host?
It's something you set in the controls menu in the settings. Then once you do that it'll put you in a free aim lobby.

Tigress

Ya tigress, try going to an invite only/crew/solo session. Joining a random room I find has random effects.

And to answer your questions, I can do it in passive or non passive and with or without a mask it doesn't matter.

Already do that. Shoot. Cat and baron were with me yesterday and I still couldn't get one to spawn and in the same server were spawning for them regularly. The game hates me or something.

Finally join game with a Gaf crew member....no voice chat

tumblr_m0nxs8s2vS1qb2n4qo1_250.gif

I have a few questions hopefully someone can answer. I haven't followed this release at all so these could be common knowledge.

If I got all the online trophies on PS3, will I have to get them again on PS4, or will they pop once I log into my account?

Are there a lot of trophy glitches? I though I read somewhere that there were quite a bit, but kinda ignored it.

I'm in the mood to play something that will last me a long time so I'm thinking about double dipping, worth it outside of the graphics update?

Tigress

By the way, if you are trying to get the modded dubstas to spawn, don't be in first person. Thanks to Catdafelix for figuring it out.

By the way, if you are trying to get the modded dubstas to spawn, don't be in first person. Thanks to Catdafelix for figuring it out.

I had one spawn at the LS customs in the middle of the city yesterday when I was just driving around the block waiting to sell one!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Alright. I'm a bit frustrated with Rockstar servers here.

Connection dropouts aside, what the fuck is up with the game asking me to agree to their TOS/EULA every time?

Keeps deleting all my preferences, like aim settings/sensitivity/reticule/start up flow...

It keeps going straight into story mode and FROM THE BEGINNING.

It's tried to get me to transfer some old PS3 character I made a bunch of times, and when I finally do (just for shits)... IT DELETED MY PS4 ONE. The one I put precious lost time into...

Please, someone tell me this is fixable/reversible, and if it isn't, is there a way to kick Rockstar in the ass for this?

Alright. I'm a bit frustrated with Rockstar servers here.

Connection dropouts aside, what the fuck is up with the game asking me to agree to their TOS/EULA every time?

Keeps deleting all my preferences, like aim settings/sensitivity/reticule/start up flow...

It keeps going straight into story mode and FROM THE BEGINNING.

It's tried to get me to transfer some old PS3 character I made a bunch of times, and when I finally do (just for shits)... IT DELETED MY PS4 ONE. The one I put precious lost time into...

Please, someone tell me this is fixable/reversible, and if it isn't, is there a way to kick Rockstar in the ass for this?

This happened to me in single player on both PS3 (twice) and PS4 (once so far). I would load the game and it starts from the bank job at the very beginning. All three times, I would restart the game and the problem goes away. Never happened with online but I guess it could just as easily happen there.

I don't know of a fix. If you restart the game, does it automatically load the newer character? Is there a place on the Social Club website where you can see if your previous character and progress still exists?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
This happened to me in single player on both PS3 (twice) and PS4 (once so far). I would load the game and it starts from the bank job at the very beginning. All three times, I would restart the game and the problem goes away. Never happened with online but I guess it could just as easily happen there.

I don't know of a fix. If you restart the game, does it automatically load the newer character? Is there a place on the Social Club website where you can see if your previous character and progress still exists?

Yeah, I went to the social club site and it shows stats for the single player characters and my now PS4 (old PS3) guy. It's like my main PS4 guy never existed.

This is horseshit.

EDIT:

Sweet...

torontoml

I went to join the mission you put up but it said it wasn't available anymore. Then when it put me back in free roam there was another mission invite from another Gaf member so I figured you had joined that one. I also usually throw on my mic/headset while in a mission or crew session.

BiGBoSSMk23

It's ok. It was a low level mission anyway. Trying to jump ahead and level back up as fast as possible. Any help is appreciated.

BiGBoSSMk23

I'm a Level 31 and cannot get any Ron missions to unlock so how do I get them?

IIRC you get them when you complete a number of Gerard missions. Ron just gives you a call on behalf of Trevor for messing with their business and you go to T's house.

EDIT:

Does anyone known any missions on the map that are straight Sports class races? Something I can just hit Square and start up?

EDIT2:

Nvm, Eight Figure Bonus. lol

EDIT3:

Fucking host can switch the vehicle class... I need one that's locked to Sports.

IIRC you get them when you complete a number of Gerard missions. Ron just gives you a call on behalf of Trevor for messing with their business and you go to T's house.

EDIT:

Does anyone known any missions on the map that are straight Sports class races? Something I can just hit Square and start up?

EDIT2:

Nvm, Eight Figure Bonus. lol

EDIT3:

Fucking host can switch the vehicle class... I need one that's locked to Sports.

How about this:

- Go to jobs
- Start a race on Criminal Records as host
- Specify sports car as the class

Now no matter how many races you do, you will remain the host; eventually players will probably refuse to replay and just leave the lobby, in which case just invite some more. This is how I boosted my driving skill and race record, and never stopped being the host.

BiGBoSSMk23

How about this:

- Go to jobs
- Start a race on Criminal Records as host
- Specify sports car as the class

Now no matter how many races you do, you will remain the host; eventually players will probably refuse to replay and just leave the lobby, in which case just invite some more. This is how I boosted my driving skill and race record, and never stopped being the host.

Hah!

f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde3623a7a561724e3e.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
what level are you? I use the buzzard on almost everything (I do use the tank quite a bit too), you just need to be careful around wanted items that can get blown up.

Tank will be bought after level 70

EDIT:

Just been farming crystal clear out 3 at the moment

Top Bottom