• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

torontoml

Honestly one of my favorite things about this game is bounties, whether it's chasing them or being chased doesn't matter. If I have the bounty on myself, I'll usually grab my zentorno and drive around. They can't shoot me from behind so it makes it kinda fun to have a chase around the map.

I like chasing bounties too most of the time, except one guy yesterday would kill himself anytime someone got close so he would "teleport" somewhere out of shooting view/range.

I've been watching PvP crew battles and they look fun and like they take a lot of skill. Is it a bad idea to pick this game up to play crew battles/deathmatch exclusively?

Tigress

Tigress and Chaos, I've been trying to reach you guys (PSN BiGBoSSMk23) but no response. :(

What gives?

Well, for one you didn't even put in the friend request who you were (like that you were from GAF) and in general if I can't figure out why you added me I don't tend to add back. Worse is that I was pre occupied when you sent the friend request so I figured i'd check later and by that time I forgot the name who sent me the friend request and i've got some old ones I never accepted and I couldn't figure out who the new request was (otherwise i probably would have checked the GAF crew to see if maybe it was from that. Though if you aren't part of the crew yet that wouldn't help you). Yes, I'm a bit of a flake.

I added you now but might be a tip to you that when friended a random person you've never met but only know through a forum to put in the request how you know them.

I've been watching PvP crew battles and they look fun and like they take a lot of skill. Is it a bad idea to pick this game up to play crew battles/deathmatch exclusively?

It might just be the GAF members i tend to hang out with (and it could very well be cause I'm not big into PvP myself but can enjoy it occasionally but I probably tend to gel most with others with similar attitudes), but most I hang out with don't tend to be big on deathmatches/crew battles.

Edit: I have hung out with some who do seem to enjoy it but the ones i'm hanging out with the most these days don't tend to gravitate towards that. And for me that's mostly fine.

I did the mission 'Docks to Stock 2' yesterday and received 29k for it. I don't remember ever getting that much for it before, I didn't even know you could that much money from a single mission.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Bounties are funny. You have people who hole themselves up on rooftops and call mercenary backup, and those who just run around and put up a fight.

I fucking suck when it comes to getting the drop on someone, but the rivalries that ensue are pretty ridiculous regardless.

GQman2121

Banned
I did the mission 'Docks to Stock 2' yesterday and received 29k for it. I don't remember ever getting that much for it before, I didn't even know you could that much money from a single mission.

Some of the Capture Jobs in free aim pay out that much for the losing team. The Team Death Matches also pay out big for both side. I have no idea why they don't draw more attention to that on their Newswire. Maybe more people would leave free roam and actually play the game.

Got some great footage last night of random fun. Tigress likes offroading so there is some of us in the mud and then I jumped Lonestar's helicopter off the mud hill.

Only 4 of us ended up meeting up, although more of my real-life buddies are free today and I may jump on this evening too depending on how much of the animation work I have left at that time.

Also, when Lonestar first jumped onto the server he flew over to my apartment and this happened...

qQpc3b.gif

Me and Shanko wanted to join but we're in euro land and we were sleeping by the time you guys were playing.
Apologies for the late start time. Working on show titles for new web series and the time displacement meant that + normal home stuff happened during sunny hours.

Next time we can aim for early afternoon. It would be evening for you, correct?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Quick question, can you search for races by vehicle class? I'm tired of getting dumped into Supers all the time. And looking for races around the map is a fucking pain.

I'm only interested in Sports and SUVs at the moment.

Quick question, can you search for races by vehicle class? I'm tired of getting dumped into Supers all the time. And looking for races around the map is a fucking pain.

I'm only interested in Sports and SUVs at the moment.
No, but you can host playlists with races you like and allow changing class, so you decide which vehicles to use per course. With open matchmaking, works out pretty well.

BiGBoSSMk23

Thanks a bunch

EDIT: the fuck lol

I just got someone named GQman2121 from the crew join my race playlist. Second race in is Off Road and I can't change it but since I had OR tires slapped on my Mammoth it picked that one. GQ picked a Sanchez. lol

EDIT:

Ugh, I'm being the biggest dirtbag LOL

Hello all!

I just put in an invite request for the Gaming Age Family Clan on PS4, so hopefully I will see some of you online soon!

I just started playing GTA Online, and am really enjoying my time with it so far. I did have a question though.

It says that if you quit jobs too often, you'll be labeled as a bad sport. Does this include quitting from the lobby between matches? Sometimes I just want to do a single mission from an NPC, but afterwards it throws me jnto a playlist lobby and I don't always want to get locked into that.

Also, are the loading times supposed to be this unbearably long? Single player wasn't quite this bad.

Cecilathan

Neo Member
I just started playing Online a couple weeks ago, and just put in a request to join the crew as well. Money seems a little tough to come by, but other than that, loving it so far.

Also, what determines what auto aim settings are used?

Sometimes there seems to be lock on, and sometimes it's completely free aim.

I'd like to avoid auto aim in multiplayer if possible. I love using it in single player, but in multiplayer it just feels wrong. If I set myself to free aim in the options, will I always be paired with other people using free aim or how does that work?

Cronnie

Also, what determines what auto aim settings are used?

Sometimes there seems to be lock on, and sometimes it's completely free aim.

I'd like to avoid auto aim in multiplayer if possible. I love using it in single player, but in multiplayer it just feels wrong. If I set myself to free aim in the options, will I always be paired with other people using free aim or how does that work?

The lobbies are split by what aiming setting you have, so yes, people with free aim are put into a lobby with others using free aim for example.

I use free aim all the time, but I believe if you have auto aim on in singleplayer you would need to switch it back to free aim before jumping into a multiplayer session (if you are joining on someone with free aim it will prompt you to change it automatically).

Got 2.2 mil now and have hit a wall when it comes to making money any more I need I'll just buy a cheeky shark card!

Been making around 100-130k an hour depending on how hard I wanna push my self.

Okay put a request in. PSN DakarZero.
I just started playing Online a couple weeks ago, and just put in a request to join the crew as well. Money seems a little tough to come by, but other than that, loving it so far.
Got you both in. Welcome aboard!

Also noticing a ton of blank crew requests. By "blank" I mean just a crew invite request, no message or anything. If anyone has applied for the crew lately, and hasn't gotten any response, please send me a PM! Thanks :D

Tigress

Why'd you think that? This following sentence is the only thing Rockstar has said about heists and it's release on consoles: "it's coming early 2015".

Seriously, if heists were out today, I'd bet there would be a ton of related topics to that on NeoGaf. The reddit GTA V page would be swarmed with posts. Anywhere gaming related would get a lot of swarm of people talking about it (though I bet some of that would be people bitching they couldn't get on as I bet the servers will get overloaded that day ;) ).

I think I'm one of the few GTA players that wasn't really caring one way or the other about heists (or maybe I'm the only one). And even I would get a little excited just cause everyone else was getting excited.

I wouldn't say I'm excited for heists but I'm ready for them and think they are needed.

Personally I'm having some time away from the game as I don't want it to become stale for me. Mainly when it comes to my past RP and money grinding methods.

But when friends are online and ready to play the game just transforms for me it's like I'm playing a different game!

Bah! Seems hardtop Stallions are no longer available in game. They patched out the chance of getting a random one when you purchase one online, and Stallions are now considered high value, so you cant put one you find in your garage :(

Bah! Seems hardtop Stallions are no longer available in game. They patched out the chance of getting a random one when you purchase one online, and Stallions are now considered high value, so you cant put one you find in your garage :(
I wonder if it will be purchasable in the new update. They have done other vehicles like this before.

Cecilathan

Neo Member
Thought I'd do some racing to unlock some car mods, since I just got a 10 car garage and some eye-candy for it. Seems every race I join there is a level 100+ in there with a suped-up whatever that blows everyone else away. No progress for even participating, if not 1st.

Unlocking this stuff is going to take **forever**.

Tried searching for a game to join with any crew members, said it failed, so I assume none must be on. Seen someone last night (I-Joe I think), Hope to see more of you on.

Striker

Thought I'd do some racing to unlock some car mods, since I just got a 10 car garage and some eye-candy for it. Seems every race I join there is a level 100+ in there with a suped-up whatever that blows everyone else away. No progress for even participating, if not 1st.

Unlocking this stuff is going to take **forever**.

Tried searching for a game to join with any crew members, said it failed, so I assume none must be on. Seen someone last night (I-Joe I think), Hope to see more of you on.
Sent you a FR. I have days off for a bit so I'll be on a while.

After all this time playing this game, I just happened to find this on the street. I have never really wanted to go though the hoops to get one, but kinda wanted one. Can't sell it, no mods except for performance/protection, and poor performance.

p5hgSU-uQUiRxDWWswHi7A_0_0.jpg

I dont know wht im so addicted to this, barely played anything else since it came out. Level 43 and brutal at holding on to money. Had a bullet, but just sold it cause i didnt really like the handling. That mission gta today is frustrating with the wrong crew. No one seems to realize 2 more cars spawn after the first 2 are delivered. Even on repeats, 3 people will go for the cheetah, then just sit by the docks.

Tigress

After all this time playing this game, I just happened to find this on the street. I have never really wanted to go though the hoops to get one, but kinda wanted one. Can't sell it, no mods except for performance/protection, and poor performance.

p5hgSU-uQUiRxDWWswHi7A_0_0.jpg

Not that many hoops to get one. Just call one on a friend who can hold off for a minute or two and snag one while they are going after him.

Or... call a strike on some one that is annoying you and steal one while he's busy with them ;).

Not that many hoops to get one. Just call one on a friend who can hold off for a minute or two and snag one while they are going after him.

Or... call a strike on some one that is annoying you and steal one while he's busy with them ;).
I'm going to follow this advice myself. Now that I have a second garage I've been filling one with Dubstas and the other has like... 4 cars? lol

Since PSN was having issues again I booted up my old 360 version. I have forgotten how bad open lobbies are and how broken passive mode is, not to mention god mod glitches are on it. Anyway's I did just that, cost me 15k though, someone killed the ass the first time and merryweather took credit.

Lesson re-learned, I'm never going in open lobbies on last gen.

0_0.jpg

Really wish I can get in a party with more than one crew member. I had a great session with Cecilathan, Neorauch BigbossMK23 among others, but it looks like some of you manage to get a group going.

Also, still have Dubsta Catdafelix spawned for me and cannot get anymore to spawn :p

Top Bottom