• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Selling any of the cars that don't spawn regularly is a total waste of time. Get a Baller or an Ocelot, don't waste your time on a stupid modded Dubsta or Peyote, when the difference is only a couple of grand. Besides, the "horn" trick is still around (hope that doesn't get patched any time soon). I'm still playing online quite a bit, seems like most of the GAF crew is MIA these days though (PSN: Akuma_818).
Well, on one hand, yes, they are a waste of time. If you spend tons of time driving around, looking for ONE, then selling it, then yea it's an absolute waste. But if you have it timed so you can easily snag one within minutes of it being time to sell a car, then they are absolutely worth it. Every little bit helps out. If I can't find one within 3 minutes or so of trying, I sell one of my few I have on hand for that reason. Eventually I'll restock, but I don't put a lot of time in to it. The time is better spent doing missions, other things etc. for money.

21-22k for a Oracle/Baller is nothing to sneeze at, and those are some of the mose widely available cars almost all the time Online.

My game time has been downgraded to about one hour a day for me, for now, so I'm popping in here and there....despite the massive crew population increase yes there still seems to be a lot of Gaffers still playing solo :(

Tigress

Selling any of the cars that don't spawn regularly is a total waste of time. Get a Baller or an Ocelot, don't waste your time on a stupid modded Dubsta or Peyote, when the difference is only a couple of grand. Besides, the "horn" trick is still around (hope that doesn't get patched any time soon). I'm still playing online quite a bit, seems like most of the GAF crew is MIA these days though (PSN: Akuma_818).

The difference is something like 14 grand... not a couple (the balla with the horn will get you 22k. The Chrome Dubsta with a horn will get you 36k... a 14k difference).

And honestly... selling chromed dubstas at 36k (using the horn trick) has money being so easy to get now it's a non issue to just buy a 500k item.

The trick is easy to do and once you stock up it only takes a few minutes to sell one and go steal another to replace it.

Honestly, if you figure out how to do the trick, they are super reliable to spawn. The only thing even easier to get once you know the trick is the Ballas but that's because it is the rare time they aren't spawning in the game (and even if they aren't just wait a few minutes). Now, Ocelot, I'd have a lot easier time getting a chromed Dubsta over an Ocelot, those things are rare.

Oh, and btw, my offer stands to anyone on a PS4. I'll be happy to show you how to get one. You should be able to recognize me on the Gaf crew (my name is pretty much the same as here with some numbers added).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The difference is something like 14 grand... not a couple (the balla with the horn will get you 22k. The Chrome Dubsta with a horn will get you 36k... a 14k difference).

And honestly... selling chromed dubstas at 36k (using the horn trick) has money being so easy to get now it's a non issue to just buy a 500k item.

The trick is easy to do and once you stock up it only takes a few minutes to sell one and go steal another to replace it.

Honestly, if you figure out how to do the trick, they are super reliable to spawn. The only thing even easier to get once you know the trick is the Ballas but that's because it is the rare time they aren't spawning in the game (and even if they aren't just wait a few minutes). Now, Ocelot, I'd have a lot easier time getting a chromed Dubsta over an Ocelot, those things are rare.

Easy enough to replenish 6-8 of them in a single run (with me and Felix tandeming them.)

Drive up with a chrome, steal the spawn, store it, steal a random car, drive back up to that location, odds are it spawned again, repeat.

Oh, and btw, my offer stands to anyone on a PS4. I'll be happy to show you how to get one. You should be able to recognize me on the Gaf crew (my name is pretty much the same as here with some numbers added).

Have you tried it today? I was only getting 27k not 34k. The horn trick still worked but it didn't look like they gave me money for it.

Tigress

Have you tried it today? I was only getting 27k not 34k. The horn trick still worked but it didn't look like they gave me money for it.

Way too early for me to be on today but yesterday it worked fine (up til late night pacific time anyways).

If the horn trick doesn't work I think the car is worth something like 23/24 so it's still giving you something but maybe they devalued the horn?

Anyways, it's still worth something like 14k more than the Baller cause the Baller without the horn is worth 9k. And adding the horn to the baller will give you the same added value as adding it on to the chrome dubsta. And you can do so to either vehicle.

Still no valentines DLC news? That sucks was hoping we would of heard by now.

Last year I didn't have room for a Roosevelt and wanted one. I have the room now and no update yet :(

I really hope the valentine's day update comes out. I want that Roosevelt. lol

Also, tried to sell a Dubsta this morning and got the usual amount. Went back to sell one this afternoon and the price had dropped from 34050 to 27000.

The price/return of the horn has been lowered. R* finnally got around to changing a variable.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/766938-sad-trombone-partially-patched/

Tigress

The price/return of the horn has been lowered. R* finnally got around to changing a variable.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/766938-sad-trombone-partially-patched/

Well, that kinda sucks but at the same time I kinda find it funny that instead of fixing the glitch they nerfed the values.

Maybe this is their duct tape fix until they can figure out how to fix the glitch (maybe it's managing to elude them).

It sadly does mean they are fully aware of the glitch though.

Well, that kinda sucks but at the same time I kinda find it funny that instead of fixing the glitch they nerfed the values.

Maybe this is their duct tape fix until they can figure out how to fix the glitch (maybe it's managing to elude them).

It sadly does mean they are fully aware of the glitch though.
From what I've read these tiny tunable updates couldn't fix it. They are just trying to make the ratloader bypass less profitable so people will stop doing it.

speaking of that tunable update

http://gtaforums.com/topic/766986-decrypted-tunables-discussions/

"TURN_ON_VALENTINES_EVENT":[{"value":false}], - This is to turn on or off the Valentines DLC items from last year, this does not mean there is new content coming at all.

"TURN_ON_VALENTINES_EVENT_XP":[{"value":false}], - This is to turn on or off the XP in the Valentines event.

We have the content already, I wonder why they haven't flipped the bit switch.

gioGAF

I'll take you up on this, now that they nerfed Sad Trombone, a 29k Dubsta is looking hella good. PSN: Akuma_818

are you supposed to put a horn on a duster before selling?
You aren't supposed to, but you should. It add's 9-13k (in some cases) to the selling value of the cars.

Well, it added that much....previous posts indicate a lowering of the value of the horn. Still a good idea to do it for each car sale to Los Santos Customs. Use that easy glitch while you can, it'll be gone soon enough.

Symphonia

Banned
Whenever I enter a lobby, it's always full. It will be for about five minutes. But then everyone leaves/drops out. Is this a network error or something to do with my connection?

Just started playing GTA Online for the first time since last gen really. Sad to see that you still can't play an organized game with any more than 1 person. I did the "On Call" for a job and both times it was just me and another guy for jobs that are supposed to be 2 - 8 people. It's a shame this really worked. Game has such amazing potential but it just seems like unless you're playing free roam or grinding races, you can't play the other modes with other people.

Am I missing something?

Just how fucked is the online? I find it hard to believe that 9/10 times when I join a jog (Mission or race) there's no one lobby to join. Or is there really severe region restricting?

I haven't had any issues with lobbies... Today, routinely every lobby I'm in as 10+ people. I just don't enjoy reckless PvP over and over again so I'd love to play some modes... but that's where there's nobody. I had one game that was 3/4, but then "You were kicked rom the lobby" was the error, so, meh.

Just wish you could play some of the modes with other people. Disappointing that... almost 18 months after GTA Online debuted this issue seemingly has not been fixed. On Call makes it slightly better but you still have empty games.

Just how fucked is the online? I find it hard to believe that 9/10 times when I join a jog (Mission or race) there's no one lobby to join. Or is there really severe region restricting?

I haven't had any issues with lobbies... Today, routinely every lobby I'm in as 10+ people. I just don't enjoy reckless PvP over and over again so I'd love to play some modes... but that's where there's nobody. I had one game that was 3/4, but then "You were kicked rom the lobby" was the error, so, meh.

Just wish you could play some of the modes with other people. Disappointing that... almost 18 months after GTA Online debuted this issue seemingly has not been fixed. On Call makes it slightly better but you still have empty games.

The matchmaking is a little spotty sometimes, but I think the bigger culprit is simply that there aren't many people who want to play anything other than free roam, a few specific grinding races, and contact missions.

The lack of instantly full job lobbies also seems problematic with an impatient player base. Tried to get a four player rally race together once, and was stuck with only two total for 10 minutes or so. During that time, probably had 5 or 6 people join who saw they were only the third out of four, and left 10 seconds later, only to be followed by someone else doing the same thing.

Yet last night it seemed fine. I'm going to tinker with my router, see if it improves.

Anyone know of a quick and easy way to make money?
I do missions and sell a dubsta2 every 48 min.
Missions average around 100k per hour. If you play four (15 mins each) per hour you get around 80k, if you play each mission for 4 mins you get around 130k per hour. Its best to use playlists.

The matchmaking is a little spotty sometimes, but I think the bigger culprit is simply that there aren't many people who want to play anything other than free roam, a few specific grinding races, and contact missions.

The lack of instantly full job lobbies also seems problematic with an impatient player base. Tried to get a four player rally race together once, and was stuck with only two total for 10 minutes or so. During that time, probably had 5 or 6 people join who saw they were only the third out of four, and left 10 seconds later, only to be followed by someone else doing the same thing.

I think the general unreliability of getting into active jobs is what prevents people from trying it.

Is it still true that you can only invite players from the lobby you're in? I did a mission job and went to "auto invite" and it seemed like it only invited the 8 or so people from my lobby. If that's still the case I'm shocked it's been that way for over a year now... Just seems like really bad game design to only source your online invites from the people in your free roam lobby rather than the millions who have bought the game.

waypoetic

Banned
I'm not gonna bitch about heists but what the hell happened to the support of this game? Here i thought that there'd be a valentines day update, just like last year, but i guess we shouldn't get our hopes up about these holiday updates huh?

I'm not gonna bitch about heists but what the hell happened to the support of this game? Here i thought that there'd be a valentines day update, just like last year, but i guess we shouldn't get our hopes up about these holiday updates huh?
yeah it sucks. I guess they are holding off smaller updates for one big one (hopefully).

Symphonia

Banned
Wait, for that Dubsta2 trick to work, you already need to own a modded/chrome Dubsta? I've only just started GTA:O - I'm Lvl 16 and have about £17000 to my name. Ain't no way this will work.

I think the general unreliability of getting into active jobs is what prevents people from trying it.

Is it still true that you can only invite players from the lobby you're in? I did a mission job and went to "auto invite" and it seemed like it only invited the 8 or so people from my lobby. If that's still the case I'm shocked it's been that way for over a year now... Just seems like really bad game design to only source your online invites from the people in your free roam lobby rather than the millions who have bought the game.

I think the game sends invites to everyone in your free roam lobby first, then starts casting a wider net. Sometimes I see the "invited" list grow in chunks, and in blocks of names with the same initial letter, working through the alphabet. Sometimes I see nothing update, like you experienced. I'm not sure if this is just a bad display, or if it really isn't sending any invites beyond the lobby.

Regardless, that this is still the case after a year and a console generation switch is pretty pathetic. A shame that such a great game has matchmaking that is the polar opposite.

Wait, for that Dubsta2 trick to work, you already need to own a modded/chrome Dubsta? I've only just started GTA:O - I'm Lvl 16 and have about £17000 to my name. Ain't no way this will work.

Having one makes it spawn more reliably.

Try driving in and out of that location, one might spawn.

or

This might help (the location he waits), I heard it may take a few in game day's to get it to spawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMUBL-EcxlI&feature=youtu.be

or have someone with one spawn it for you. I can, whats your GT and system?

Sweet, thanks!

How often can you sell cars to LSC? Isn't it like once every 50 minutes?
Every 48 mins

You will get 23250 for it
Add the horn (glitch) and its 27050
If you were higher level you could put its suspension back on and get 29250

edit: make sure to drive the first one back to your garage to get a free tracker on it, then add insurance to it. Then you will have a spawner vehicle :)

When is Heist being released?

Latest rumor seems to be shortly before PC version drops, which is still targeting March 24. Don't hold your breath though.

I think the game sends invites to everyone in your free roam lobby first, then starts casting a wider net. Sometimes I see the "invited" list grow in chunks, and in blocks of names with the same initial letter, working through the alphabet. Sometimes I see nothing update, like you experienced. I'm not sure if this is just a bad display, or if it really isn't sending any invites beyond the lobby.

Regardless, that this is still the case after a year and a console generation switch is pretty pathetic. A shame that such a great game has matchmaking that is the polar opposite.

Yeah, this could be ridiculously fun if you actually got to play some of the modes with other people. I always get frustrated with Rockstar tweets out the number of custom jobs or some new Rockstar verified custom playlist, because it's like, without a matchmaking system, you're destined to play those matches alone or not at all. It's one thing if this was a low-budget developer or publisher, but Rockstar spend how many millions on GTAV and GTAOnline and they couldn't add a matchmaking system from, say, Call of Duty 4, an 8 year old game?

Symphonia

Banned
Props to MrTroubleMaker for assisting with acquiring a Dubsta2 and $91000. Had a 'blast' doing those missions but, man, I need to get my eyesight tested.

Cheers, MTM.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The selfie cam just makes this game.

WuRRWZHA1Uak6F5jm-AKlQ_0_0.jpg

Top Bottom