• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Tigress

Really wish I can get in a party with more than one crew member. I had a great session with Cecilathan, Neorauch BigbossMK23 among others, but it looks like some of you manage to get a group going.

Also, still have Dubsta Catdafelix spawned for me and cannot get anymore to spawn :p

You in third person mode between 7 am and 3 pm? Also if one doesn't spawn you gotta drive all the way back to that main intersection to reset it.

MisterNoisy

I pretty much gave up on Dubsta spawning as a cash generator, since I'd spend more time spawning one than it was worth over the sale price of a Baller + a mission I can solo run in a few minutes. Blow Up, Blow Up III and Artificial Scarcity are all super short if you have a Buzzard and pay ~10K each (minus the $200 for spawning the helo).

Tigress

I pretty much gave up on Dubsta spawning as a cash generator, since I'd spend more time spawning one than it was worth over the sale price of a Baller + a mission I can solo run in a few minutes. Blow Up, Blow Up III and Artificial Scarcity are all super short if you have a Buzzard and pay ~10K each (minus the $200 for spawning the helo).

Too bad, cause if you know the trick, they spawn reliably. I always replace the one I sell and can keep myself well stocked :). Between that and Trash Talk/A Titan of a Job/Denial of Service (Titan gives you 18k min. the other two anywhere between 13/14-18/20k depending on how long you take), I don't worry about money anymore. Plus if you just start doing missions with friends for a while you'll find money accrues quickly.

I'll say if you play first person though, I found out the hard way, you have to be in third person (and you have to drive up the road a few blocks in third person... you can't be close in first person at all or it won't work and you'll have to drive to the "reset point" and do it over again in third person). And you already have to have one of the chrome dubstas (you can mod it and change it after you get it but you have to have one of them, not one of the regular ones you see driving around).

If you ever see me on, I"m usually hanging out in an invite only or crew session so try to join me and if I'm not doing missions I'll happily show you the trick (I was frustrated for a while too but for me it turns out what I was doing wrong was being in first person). I'll even grab you a dubsta to start out with if you don't have one (I recommend you insure it and keep it to spawn more with).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
A reliable way, seems to be:

Drive up to the area with a Chrome at 7 am, grab the spawned Chrome (if it's not, go back to that first main road and do it over again).

Steal the spawned chrome, leaving your original chrome behind, and park the new chrome.

Then, go outside, steal a random car, and drive back up to that spot (your original chrome will still be out there).

Steal the next spawned chrome.

Seems 80%+ reliable.

GQman2121

Banned
I think after last nights maintenance they've eliminated the free sad horn method. It had a good run.

edit: Never mind, it still works with the Dubsta's.

It also looks like they're releasing new clothing in a future update. Some new items are used in their latest blog post on the Newswire.

Snn7SUW.jpg

C8Jmqqs.jpg

Too bad, cause if you know the trick, they spawn reliably. I always replace the one I sell and can keep myself well stocked :). Between that and Trash Talk/A Titan of a Job/Denial of Service (Titan gives you 18k min. the other two anywhere between 13/14-18/20k depending on how long you take), I don't worry about money anymore. Plus if you just start doing missions with friends for a while you'll find money accrues quickly.

I'll say if you play first person though, I found out the hard way, you have to be in third person (and you have to drive up the road a few blocks in third person... you can't be close in first person at all or it won't work and you'll have to drive to the "reset point" and do it over again in third person). And you already have to have one of the chrome dubstas (you can mod it and change it after you get it but you have to have one of them, not one of the regular ones you see driving around).

If you ever see me on, I"m usually hanging out in an invite only or crew session so try to join me and if I'm not doing missions I'll happily show you the trick (I was frustrated for a while too but for me it turns out what I was doing wrong was being in first person). I'll even grab you a dubsta to start out with if you don't have one (I recommend you insure it and keep it to spawn more with).

Can you add me? I'd love to know this trick. RoninChaos is my tag.

MMMmmmm new clothing....it's about time. I feel they need to add one massive clothing update. 50+ new items in every category, for both female and male. Nothing else in the update, just clothing. I'd even pay real monies for a "premium" clothing dlc pack. C'mon, DO IT!

Also, I very strongly second what Tawpgun said. I saw that screenshot before I read anything and was realllly impressed by how awesome it looked. Granted, I still get impressed visually every time I play, but I never get tired of seeing amazing screenshots such as that.

Edit: Holy cow. Upon scrutinizing that pic, I saw something. The dude on the right, he is wearing gloves. He also does NOT have on that bland, very unflattering Team Top Sweater looking thing, as that has patterns on it I believe, and his shirt looks smooth. I kind of see what looks like the stupid shoulder pad thing on him, but also the sleeves don't go all the way down....don't they cover your arms totally? I can't remember what the Team Tops look like on a male, I know female's Team Tops cover all skin. So, perhaps this is a little preemptive celebration, buuuut....new gloves, yes!!

Tigress

Titan of a job now only pays 14k on hard :/

I got more than that (17k) but I did notice it was less than it usually gives me on the lowest amount I normally get (and I didn't think I finished it that fast).

This is why I don't feel bad using the horn exploit. They're too stingy on the money (or alternatively they're too expensive for most the stuff you can get).

Hmm, just played it (titan) on hard, took my time and played for 15 mins. Killed all merryweather except for the last jeep of them that spawn when you take off.

looks like a typical payout for many jobs

edit: I always play with a stopwatch. You might want to do the same, so that you can get max
payout/min (4 to 6 min).

I got more than that (17k) but I did notice it was less than it usually gives me on the lowest amount I normally get (and I didn't think I finished it that fast).

This is why I don't feel bad using the horn exploit. They're too stingy on the money (or alternatively they're too expensive for most the stuff you can get).

Got your friend request. You gonna be around this weekend to show me the Dubsta trick?

Ok, more issues....

Suddenly I can't access GTA Online at all, and I always get the "Timed Out locating session" error. Seems this was common around launch and still occurs to some players. I read about unlinking and relinking the account on Social Club but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Same here, it has to be something with the servers as it has been working almost flawless for me lately.

I can still boot up an invite only session though, but there definitely is a problem because I can't seem to find full race lobbies.

Maybe. I'm addicted enough if I have enough free time I'll be on. I just have no idea my plans for the weekend (you think I plan that far ahead? :p ;) ).

LOL fair enough. If you see me on and have time to show me, I'd love to learn. I always play with headphones so I have a mic.

I can record what you're doing right, so I can take a look at it later? Does GTA require I hit the share button first to start recording or does it just do the last 15 minutes?

Tigress

LOL fair enough. If you see me on and have time to show me, I'd love to learn. I always play with headphones so I have a mic.

I can record what you're doing right, so I can take a look at it later? Does GTA require I hit the share button first to start recording or does it just do the last 15 minutes?

I think it's supposed to (I have never actually used it). But I've heard (but it was a while back) that it isn't very reliable for it. And sure.

The share button does the last 15 minutes. I think that works the same on any game, since it's part of the PS4 OS. Haven't had any trouble with it myself the few times I used it to save some cool random GTA moment.

Ok, more issues....

Suddenly I can't access GTA Online at all, and I always get the "Timed Out locating session" error. Seems this was common around launch and still occurs to some players. I read about unlinking and relinking the account on Social Club but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

UPDATE:

24 hours later and here are the "symptoms"

- Can join a session and play with people in that session, but it seems the game keeps putting me with people in my region.

- If I try to join a crew member, I get a "failed to find session" every time.

- If I accept a job invite from a crew member, I get a "failed to join job" every time.

It almost feels like Rockstar wants to control server load by forcing people to stick to their regions. Just a guess. I'll try to join a crew member again the next time I'm online.

I just bought GTAV recently and had some problems with game.
First, the game stop loading story mode at 90% and hard locked my PS4. I had to restart it.
Next, the game lost a lot of textures in the opening intro.
Now i am reinstall GTAV. is it a normal issue (because i only bought PS4 last week)? Should i care anything?

I just bought GTAV recently and had some problems with game.
First, the game stop loading story mode at 90% and hard locked my PS4. I had to restart it.
Next, the game lost a lot of textures in the opening intro.
Now i am reinstall GTAV. is it a normal issue (because i only bought PS4 last week)? Should i care anything?

If the reinstall doesn't work, try another game and see if you face any issues. If you do then it confirms there's a problem with the console.

Just made my first Online character and joined the Neogang or whatever the crew is called.

TheLamonster on PSN

It's pretty neat so far but I gotta admit I've been on passive mode most of the time haha

oh, also: What should I spend my money on initially? I have that $500k preorder bonus money in my bank.

i.e. should I run out and buy a property or a bunch of guns or what is the priority here?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
You forgot your parachute :p.

Sorry I was too busy being a fucking BADASS. :lol

That was good stuff. Next challenge let's have witnesses around. :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sorry I was too busy being a fucking BADASS. :lol

That was good stuff. Next challenge let's have witnesses around. :p

Actually noticed the elevation meter pop up when you jumped off, giving you an estimate distance from Splattown.

Lamonster: I'd say housing, preferably one with a 10 car garage. Allows you to store cars. Store the right kind of cars, allows you to sell them to the modshop (every 48 minutes). This, plus missions, will get you more money to build up towards bigger expenditures.

oh, also: What should I spend my money on initially? I have that $500k preorder bonus money in my bank.

i.e. should I run out and buy a property or a bunch of guns or what is the priority here?

- Garage to store your cars (10 car garages are perfect and cost at least $150,000)
- Go to the in-game site legendary motorsport and "buy" the Elegy RH8 for free, and store it in your garage. You can invest in it at the customs shop to get it nicely tuned and armored. It's a great all around car.

Now do some missions to get some experience and money going, and make sure to keep an eye out for new weapons as you unlock them.

Have fun. Give me a shout if you find me online PSN: i-JOE

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
- Garage to store your cars (10 car garages are perfect and cost at least $150,000)
- Go to the in-game site legendary motorsport and "buy" the Elegy RH8 for free, and store it in your garage. You can invest in it at the customs shop to get it nicely tuned and armored. It's a great all around car.

Now do some missions to get some experience and money going, and make sure to keep an eye out for new weapons as you unlock them.

Have fun. Give me a shout if you find me online PSN: i-JOE

Man, you and I make the most hilariously dysfunctional duo when I have my mic off for missions.

That reaction with the rooftop choppers was priceless when I smashed into you out of nowhere.

I just hear: "So, uh...where'd you g- WOAHEY!! "

Also,

"I hope that was unintentional... I had sticky bombs just so you know"

Man, you and I make the most hilariously dysfunctional duo when I have my mic off for missions.

That reaction with the rooftop choppers was priceless when I smashed into you out of nowhere.

I just hear: "So, uh...where'd you g- WOAHEY!! "

Also,

"I hope that was unintentional... I had sticky bombs just so you know"

I felt like a schizophrenic mass murder running around doing what you tell me to.

Tigress

Thanks for helping me out with the Dubstas!

What was the trick with the suspension you get at level 71?

It's not a trick. When you buy the stock suspension, you take off the competitive suspension which is worth more. since you aren't level 71, you can't put it back. But if you were, you could put it back long as you didn't leave the pay and spray (it's free to go back to previous mods except for recolors if you don't leave the pay and spray).

gioGAF

Selling any of the cars that don't spawn regularly is a total waste of time. Get a Baller or an Ocelot, don't waste your time on a stupid modded Dubsta or Peyote, when the difference is only a couple of grand. Besides, the "horn" trick is still around (hope that doesn't get patched any time soon). I'm still playing online quite a bit, seems like most of the GAF crew is MIA these days though (PSN: Akuma_818).

I got robbed my character is not wearing the festive stuff I had on her

how can she go an change fuck this shit and now its gone

The festive clothing was only temporary from Christmas to a bit past New Year's Day, it was never meant as a permanent wardrobe addition.

Still no valentines DLC news? That sucks was hoping we would of heard by now.

Haven't read anything on the newswire, and was sad to see no update when I logged in this morning. Hoping there is something this weekend!

aember

The festive clothing was only temporary from Christmas to a bit past New Year's Day, it was never meant as a permanent wardrobe addition.

I think he might be referring to how back on the last gen versions the festive stuff stayed on until you actually took it off yourself, then it was gone for good.

I really hope the valentine's day update comes out. I want that Roosevelt. lol

Also, tried to sell a Dubsta this morning and got the usual amount. Went back to sell one this afternoon and the price had dropped from 34050 to 27000.

Top Bottom