• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

This still works until a hot fix is released.

Purchase rusty rebel and go to LSC

Wheels > SUV > Chrome > purchase Sunrise wheels for $8125

Go to wheels > Offroad > Chrome > Challenger wheels are available for free

Sell and it will make a profit of $28,717

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
How's the PS4 population vs XB1? I bought it for XB1 and while I can find games easily in the morning, at night which should be peak time I don't get matched up at all. Instead the freemode is just filled with guys talking smack and killing people. Is it more active on PS4?

How's the PS4 population vs XB1? I bought it for XB1 and while I can find games easily in the morning, at night which should be peak time I don't get matched up at all. Instead the freemode is just filled with guys talking smack and killing people. Is it more active on PS4?
Well, there is almost 21 or 22 million PS4s, so it is likely that the GTA player base may be almost double. However, matchmaking is messed up and even when most people were on PS360 at the height of the online mode's popularity, matchmaking was still annoyingly broken.

jay23

We were trying to figure it out earlier as well. I'll check my laptop tomorrow to see the raw file. It should have the name of it. It's likely something I bookmarked on the Rockstar Social Club.

Cool let me know if you find it. I'm looking for any fun custom game modes to try with friends.

waypoetic

Banned

What platform?

Cool let me know if you find it. I'm looking for any fun custom game modes to try with friends.
I'm about to head to campus now and will be editing my final papers / presentations for various classes... Meaning I'll be on my laptop and I'll check it.

Recommend going to Rockstar website and looking at the jobs on there as you'll find all sorts of neat custom races, death matches, etc which you can add to your bookmarks. Oh and my buddy RaymmaNv8 made a race called "Packbackers" with standard and GTA race modes in mind. Even has some pipes that if people crash into it, another part of the track suddenly has obstacles.

Shanlei91

Well, there is almost 21 or 22 million PS4s, so it is likely that the GTA player base may be almost double. However, matchmaking is messed up and even when most people were on PS360 at the height of the online mode's popularity, matchmaking was still annoyingly broken.

The broken matchup makes sense and would explain why it would magically be unable to find anyone during peak times. I might rent it on PS4 in a month or so to compare. Any idea if my one-time GTA Online account transfer could be used for XB1 to PS4? I imagine this isn't something many people have tried out.

Symphonia

Banned
I don't know if i'd call the last hour of last nights gaming session "fun" but all and all i had a good time with Ted, Dire and Tony. We sure make a good team! Looking forward to the finale tonight guys.

With love
/The guy who took out car park guy.
Still up for 8pm (GMT) tonight if you, Dire, and Ted are. Had good fun on the set-up last night although it was a bit annoying. That damn Balcony Dude and those blasted Van Guard Chumps just wouldn't let up. Still, it turned out in the end that the most lethal people are you own team-mates. Looking at no-one in particular, eh, Ted?

;)

I was having a lot of trouble on X1, until I turned auto-aim back on in singleplayer. GTA Online still (I think?) has the ridiculous division of lobbies and the only way to switch back and forth between free aim / assisted / auto-aim lobbies is to go into Single player, change your settings, and then go back.

When I had it on free aim, I was routinely in 2 or 3 person lobbies and never able to get into any games. But since turning it back on, I'm now routinely in 20 - 25 player lobbies (almost every time) and while it still takes too long to get a full game going (Rockstar's stupid invite only system), it's not as bad... Maybe takes 3 - 5 mins to get popular modes loaded with about 12 - 16 players. never been able to do a full 30 player game, but I'd imagine it would run horribly and would probably never launch anyway given that a game can't launch while someone is "connecting."

Shanlei91

I was having a lot of trouble on X1, until I turned auto-aim back on in singleplayer. GTA Online still (I think?) has the ridiculous division of lobbies and the only way to switch back and forth between free aim / assisted / auto-aim lobbies is to go into Single player, change your settings, and then go back.

When I had it on free aim, I was routinely in 2 or 3 person lobbies and never able to get into any games. But since turning it back on, I'm now routinely in 20 - 25 player lobbies (almost every time) and while it still takes too long to get a full game going (Rockstar's stupid invite only system), it's not as bad... Maybe takes 3 - 5 mins to get popular modes loaded with about 12 - 16 players. never been able to do a full 30 player game, but I'd imagine it would run horribly and would probably never launch anyway given that a game can't launch while someone is "connecting."

Yikes, I didn't even know that was a thing. Thanks

Ted

I don't know if i'd call the last hour of last nights gaming session "fun" but all and all i had a good time with Ted, Dire and Tony. We sure make a good team! Looking forward to the finale tonight guys.

With love
/The guy who took out car park guy.

Abused by his truck driving colleague and ends up shot in the head. Not a good day at all for poor car park guy.

But yes, the final set-up mission for the Humane Lab raid was quite an experience. Whilst I could sense frustration setting in for the group, we all held our nerves and despite the tension got it done! And rather slickly too if I do say so myself. What a great buzz when our, eventually, finely honed and time sensitive plan went off without a hitch!

[mild spoilers follow]

Calling out the targets, synchronizing shots and watching multiple bodies hit the ground at the same time from silenced shots taken from multiple angles was one of the more intense co-op gaming experiences I personally have had for a long while.

By the end of the session we had that routine down so well yet I don't think I could play any of the other roles as we had to be so focused on our own.

Seeing Cyanide get the guard truck rolling, checking where car park guy is going, waiting for a shot at the truck, seeing gate guy hit the ground at the same time, rolling the aim over the scene back to the mechanics and then the scientists and balcony dude as we all take aim at different targets from our spots on a rainy hill-side, everyone bang on time confirming sighted targets and then kills.

Great teamwork. Thanks guys, I enjoyed it a lot.

Symphonia

Banned
Abused by his truck driving colleague and ends up shot in the head. Not a good day at all for poor car park guy.

But yes, the final set-up mission for the Humane Lab raid was quite an experience. Whilst I could sense frustration setting in for the group, we all held our nerves and despite the tension got it done! And rather slickly too if I do say so myself. What a great buzz when our, eventually, finely honed and time sensitive plan went off without a hitch!

[mild spoilers follow]

Calling out the targets, synchronizing shots and watching multiple bodies hit the ground at the same time from silenced shots taken from multiple angles was one of the more intense co-op gaming experiences I personally have had for a long while.

By the end of the session we had that routine down so well yet I don't think I could play any of the other roles as we had to be so focused on our own.

Seeing Cyanide get the guard truck rolling, checking where car park guy is going, waiting for a shot at the truck, seeing gate guy hit the ground at the same time, rolling the aim over the scene back to the mechanics and then the scientists and balcony dude as we all take aim at different targets from our spots on a rainy hill-side, everyone bang on time confirming sighted targets and then kills.

Looking forward to tonight, bro.

waypoetic

Banned
By the time you've finished the last heist the hate will be very, very strong.

Star-Wars-7-Rumor-Emperor-Returning.jpg

DireStr8s

[mild spoilers follow]

Aye, I enjoyed watching my capture of our final go. Ted, you really nailed the hacking sequence; so quick!
See you guys in a bit.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Wheels > SUV > Chrome > purchase Sunrise wheels for

Sell and it will make a profit of

Thanks <3

torontoml

Well this doesn't work anymore.

then they must've released one quick hot fix because I only got $5800 on mine bruv

GQman2121

Banned
With Heists becoming so popular, the free aim lobbies are even more baron than ever. It's making it harder to bust perps across the board.

UxbNoIn.jpg

Went through and accepted all recent applications that had messages to go along with those requests. Welcome new members Flipcup and thecosmicfly! I feel I am forgetting one person, and I apologize! If anyone else has submitted a request, and has not heard anythign yet, please PM me :)
Had to report him. Not that it will do much :\
Was this a Gaffer? There isn't much that isn't tolerated in Los Santos, but this certaibnly falls under that category. If you remember who they are, just PM me the details on it. No room for hate mongers in the crew!
Anyone tried that new savage copter yet?
With all the other heist talk I totally forgot about this...man I can't wait to unlock it..!
The Plane was on fire.
This was the life of that plane for sure! But amazing work by you all, couldn't believe that tank of a plane made it all the way!
With Heists becoming so popular, the free aim lobbies are even more baron than ever. It's making it harder to bust perps across the board.
UxbNoIn.jpg
Time to scour for how to pull this off...I'd love to get several people in Uni, driving around in cop cars taking down people who are taking other people down.

Lashley

Wheels > SUV > Chrome > purchase Sunrise wheels for

Sell and it will make a profit of

Didn't work :(

After the last heist I shot Jason, Ward and our random in the back and ran away like the movie villain/traitor I am. Speaking of which I still owe Ward a kill.

I bought the Savage after unlocking it but I didn't really play with it, I took it and dropped it off in front of Jason, he's flown it more than I have. It's powerful for sure with four rocket pods giving an almost non-stop flurry of rockets and the canon is Laser quality but it lacks the mobility and nimbleness of the buzzard and personally I don't think homing rockets are that big of concern unless they're so close you can't avoid it, IMO judging by the heist mission you encounter it a good sniper with the heavy sniper rifle would be more of a threat because the rocket pods are pretty big targets.

Lashley

Series A Funding is absolutely awful.

Terrible setups and the heist finale was shit. Absolutely dreadful, no fun at all.

I'll be on in about an hour or so. Currently working on a one-off video and Grand Theft Infinite episode 2 (Heists with GAF!) and about to get my munch on. Then, I'll be ready to assist with heists, missions, random chaos, and shopping sprees!

Thanks for the help RJ, was fun playing with you. Invite me if I can help you out. Need to look into getting seatbelts on those choppers lol.

Top Bottom