• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

ScouserPants

Neo Member
Every time I try to start Heists I can never find people, and when I do they are always terrible. I work odd hours, but if I'm online I'll heist or mission it up.

PSN - ScouserPants87 make sure to add a message

Ted

Friday night is heist night, maybe? Message me folks.

Every time I try to start Heists I can never find people, and when I do they are always terrible. I work odd hours, but if I'm online I'll heist or mission it up.

PSN - ScouserPants87 make sure to add a message

I'll add you this evening, I am trying to work through them in order at the moment but after that (whenever we get that done!) I will be happy to help out whenever.

Tawpgun

Getting through just ONE heist set up to finish is like a whole day ordeal thanks to the connection issues and load times this game seems to have.

My NAT is open, or so my Xbone says, and yet I can never seem to get into a free mode with anyone in it.

Not like it matters for heists considering invite only lobbies are your best bet anyway.

I did Fleeca, Prison Break, and now Humane labs all throughout. Rockstar is lucky the heists are so much fun that I'm willing to put up with it.

I'm never hosting a heist again. After fronting the cost, not getting paid for set up missions people still demand 25% for junping in on the final mission.

Striker

After running it last week with no problems, we are hitting the bug where the 5-star wanted level is not going away in the Prison Break heist. It's done it twice now.

EDIT

Flying into the military base just fixed everything. Lol

Prologue

Anyone on XB1 want to go through some heists? I need to do the Prison Break Finale, and Series A, and all the set ups for the Humane labs. I'll be splitting the pay 25%.

I don't have a mic/kinect but i cant be arsed to try it anymore with randoms, its a waste of time.

You definitely need a mic for the last one. Look into getting one. People can't get past the first mission without one.

Tawpgun

Anyone on XB1 want to go through some heists? I need to do the Prison Break Finale, and Series A, and all the set ups for the Humane labs. I'll be splitting the pay 25%.

I don't have a mic/kinect but i cant be arsed to try it anymore with randoms, its a waste of time.

You definitely need a mic for the last one. Look into getting one. People can't get past the first mission without one.

Seriously. If you have a mic, plug it in. If you don't, get one. Otherwise you're a liability for some of these missions. I'm on XB1 and looking for people to play with but I'm not going to waste my effort on people with no mic's

Side note: I hate how even though I've played Humane labs throughout I can't continue on with hosting. If you complete the mission you should have it unlocked and unlock the set up for the next one.

DireStr8s

Nice, I'll drop D a line on PSN and see if he is about. I think it probably depends (much like my gaming time) on what he is has planned with his [no doubt lovely, kind and generous] SO.

If not, I'm sure we can draft a fourth.

I'll be on around 2100 - 2200 (GMT).

aye, very true, Ted. I have a friend from out of town visiting tonight so I can't make it. I'll be available Sun, Mon, & Tues.

Edit: As I mentioned to Ted earlier: I don't think you guys should wait on me. We make a great team but I don't feel it's fair on you guys to have to wait.

I just started playing this game earlier this week. I'm like level 5 in Online but I can't find any jobs with full lobbies. I'm using the Quick Job search to find matches--is there something I'm doing wrong, or is the online population just that low? (on XB1)

Prologue

I just started playing this game earlier this week. I'm like level 5 in Online but I can't find any jobs with full lobbies. I'm using the Quick Job search to find matches--is there something I'm doing wrong, or is the online population just that low? (on XB1)

Be sure to join the gaf clan.

MisterHero

Throwing my hat in for PS3 heists. Stuck on the prison finale.

It would almost be a perfect update if there weren't so many loading screens. :p

rezuth

Random people are terrible, the LAB heist with the stealth mission is impossible with randoms. Had to invite a friend eventually and ask the randoms to just stand back while we fixed the mission.

The prison break heist took forever too. No one communicates and everyone is terrible, feels like I'm playing DOTA again.

Did the last patch screw up mission invites. After the heist patch it was fine but the second patch they seems to have messed something up.

When I start a mission and go into Crew or Skill Matched Players I only see 4 people listed. No matter how many crew members are online I only see 4 listed. I'm not able to invite a crew member that wants to join because I can't see their profile.

If I use Auto Invite it will invite more than those 4 people but I can't choose.

I've had people send me PSN invite but I can't get those people invited to a game. I think I could add them as a friend and do it but I shouldn't have to.

I'm going to start the Pacific Standard set up missions tonight and I'd like to get the crew members invited properly.

They absolutely broke match making again.

Naaah, as long as you got some semi-competent people who know what to do you'll be fine, of course that's the main problem if you have to deal with randoms. Jason, Ward and I did it all with very, very little mic usage on my part, more might've helped but communication via mic wasn't our main problem, it was the randoms who would do their own thing even after being instructed what to do. I basically just a reminder that we needed to avoid being detected and use silenced weapons all I did for that last set up. Best weapon for that last set up in my opinion, besides the silenced sniper rifle in a couple instances is having an assault rifle with a silencer on it though since those guys only take one bullet before dying a pistol is probably fine too, conveniently I always have a silenced carbide so it made clearing out that one spot with the guards on one side and the scientists on the other quick and easy.

It would almost be a perfect update if there weren't so many loading screens. :p

Get a hold of JasonFrost, he's missed you. We're probably going to go through the prison and on again at around 10 or 11 EDT. We had a fourth with SiteSeer but unfortunately his PS3 disc drive decided it was time to die.

Prologue

Did the last patch screw up mission invites. After the heist patch it was fine but the second patch they seems to have messed something up.

When I start a mission and go into Crew or Skill Matched Players I only see 4 people listed. No matter how many crew members are online I only see 4 listed. I'm not able to invite a crew member that wants to join because I can't see their profile.

If I use Auto Invite it will invite more than those 4 people but I can't choose.

I've had people send me PSN invite but I can't get those people invited to a game. I think I could add them as a friend and do it but I shouldn't have to.

I'm going to start the Pacific Standard set up missions tonight and I'd like to get the crew members invited properly.

You have a team yet ?

Razakin

Need people for PS3 heists too, people don't seem to join the setups where I'm stuck. Of course, doesn't help when I'm either playing at mornings or at these hours, most europeans seem to be sleeping or at work/school.

Was playing free roam and 2 guys in an armed insurgent were killing lowish NGAF crew. I sniped the driver then the gunner. Turned into a running battle. Ended up killing them both 20 times until they left. I love trolling trolls lol.

SiteSeer

We had a fourth with SiteSeer but unfortunately his PS3 disc drive decided it was time to die.

and I'm still raw about that, as we were all ready to go for that bonus challenge. but I've already got a replacement drive on order and i'll be back. on a side note some randoms aren't so bad I was able to finish humane labs as host all in one night with a high level team with no bullshit so there's that.

Tigress

Was playing free roam and 2 guys in an armed insurgent were killing lowish NGAF crew. I sniped the driver then the gunner. Turned into a running battle. Ended up killing them both 20 times until they left. I love trolling trolls lol.

Man I wish I was good at the game. I'd love to do this kind of thing but I'm more like those GAF crew that the 2 guys were picking on (I'm an easy target. and you don't even need an insurgent to make me so).

eFKac

So did the loading times got worse for everyone else lately?
Sometimes getting into Freemode takes some ridiculous amount of waiting...

That said, I'm done with my unhelpful crew and looking for a Gaf one:
- PS4
- EU
- PSN: Filip_Kackiewicz
- Playing pretty much daily
- Mic, decent English
- Pretty skilled driver

Hit me up please!

Psyclone

So did the loading times got worse for everyone else lately?
Sometimes getting into Freemode takes some ridiculous amount of waiting...

That said, I'm done with my unhelpful crew and looking for a Gaf one:
- PS4
- EU
- PSN: Filip_Kackiewicz
- Playing pretty much daily
- Mic, decent English
- Pretty skilled driver

Hit me up please!

Picking up the game today (ps4). I've completed the main story on ps3 but I'm diving back in for the next gen upgrades and Online.

psn: mdaghlas
Zone: EU / UK

Man I wish I was good at the game. I'd love to do this kind of thing but I'm more like those GAF crew that the 2 guys were picking on (I'm an easy target. and you don't even need an insurgent to make me so).

It doesn't take much to be good at GTA. It's really down to choosing the right weapon at the right time. Auto shotgun with the fastest Fire rate and the DMR are my favourites.

Tigress

It doesn't take much to be good at GTA. It's really down to choosing the right weapon at the right time. Auto shotgun with the fastest Fire rate and the DMR are my favourites.

Uh. Called not the fastest reflexes an horrible at aiming quickly. I'll never be good at pvp games. Sp games I can at least go through once, see how it plays, and form a strategy that will give me a chance to succeed. There is a reason I tend to prefer sp games. Gta online is an outlier for games I tend to play.

Next time I'm on just let me know if you wanna do a heist I've always got friends on willing to get involved.

Top Bottom