• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Didn't save it with the share button?

We're still on the PS3 version. Let's just say that it's really a good thing I keep my mic off 99% of the time. It could've been worse though, at least for most of it we only had one random to put up with.

Also, maybe I need more time with them but the Hydra and Savage are shit when it comes to maneuverability. Could be my being use to the Laser and Buzzard though but got blown up by homing rockets in both of them. Might be good to just keep moving instead of trying to hover.

Ted

More good gaming last night... possibly apart from a brief embarrassing moment that led to me falling from a helicopter I was piloting.

*ahem*

Triangle is a dangerous button.

I enjoyed the Humane Lab finale though I think I'd like to try it again from the ground crew perspective as well, mostly to try the
night vision goggles

Dire and I were the
air crew and I think we were pretty good with no real issues though Dire's shooting flatters me as part of the team. His great shooting meant I really needed to do very little bar call out stragglers and keep the altitude and direction roughly on course.

When the mission was largely over and we all
reconvened on the beach I don't think any of us expected to be met by more enemy helicopters so we were quickly taken down. Second run we played it defensive, scooting away and trying to take them down as they followed but that didn't end well so we went full on aggressive, got a mountain to our back and took them on head on.
Success!

When we started the set-up for the next heist we had some connectivity issues that meant a couple of the party missed the cut scene
introducing Trevor and his crew
which was a shame but we have only cleared one of the set up missions so we can always re-start.

Good games GAF'ers. Drop me a message here or on PSN with availability and we can arrange a good time for us to continue.

Tawpgun

With Heists becoming so popular, the free aim lobbies are even more baron than ever. It's making it harder to bust perps across the board.

UxbNoIn.jpg

I would literally pay for DLC that helps unify the aiming modes. It's so dumb how next gen fragmented them even further.

Player vs Enemy gametypes should be full auto aim on easy, partial auto aim on normal, and assisted free aim on hard.

Player vs Player shooting gametypes should be assisted aim. PvP in this game being auto aim is just stupid. They need to definitely fix aiming in free aim though because it does feel clunky. Or the weapon simply don't do enough damage. I thought free aim in GTAIV was good.

Anything that doesn't require shooting ie races, vehicle deathmatch, whatever shouldn't even take aiming into account. Just match everyone.

Is there anyway to make Lester call you quicker with the next heist info? I'm sure I read a way to reduce to the time it takes for him to call, but I can't remember what it was.

Edit: I completed one mission and he called when I returned to free-roam. Awesome.

Auctopus

Just picked this up for PS4. Is there a dedicated GAF crew?

All I've felt I've done since playing online is stare at loading screens.

Tigress

Just picked this up for PS4. Is there a dedicated GAF crew?

All I've felt I've done since playing online is stare at loading screens.

Yep, there is, contact Baron about it :). Good set of people (least the ones I've played with and I think I've at least played once with most of the more active members).

torontoml

So my shifts changed and I'm going to nights tomorrow, so prophet if you are around I can play starting around 11 eastern. Or if not I need 3 people to start back at the prison heist setups.

I'll be up for till early morning Mtn time.

The Series A Funding heist was pretty good. I didn't enjoy it as much as the Humane Labs heist, but it was better than the Prison Break heist.

I need 3 crew for the final Trevor set-up and the heist. One mission and a heist.
BobTheFork ps4

I'm a bit tired of the randoms. I appreciate crew members helping when they can.

I'll also pay an extra %5 to crew members on the heist. I'm more interested in getting this one done than having the money.

Thanks!

torontoml

I need 3 crew for the final Trevor set-up and the heist. One mission and a heist.
BobTheFork ps4

I'm a bit tired of the randoms. I appreciate crew members helping when they can.

I'll also pay an extra %5 to crew members on the heist. I'm more interested in getting this one done than having the money.

Thanks!
What time? Willing to do the next heist as well?

I'll be home in 2 hours.

BobTheFork ps4

Thanks!

Sent you a message on PSN.

Oh damn, I just learned many new things about The Pacific Standard Job:
http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/2zholy/pacific_heist_tips/

We don't need to follow the road and go to every checkpoint!

We don't need to use those motorbikes, we can all go in the same car!

Didn't look at the link but I knew about the car thing and I couldn't call my car but I was going to try and get into a cop car, I gave up since there was the clock that be barely made and we were all so spread out. Interesting we don't need to follow check points, we didn't follow the roads though. :p The important thing I think is to get the guys with the bags of money into something with more protection.

Next time, I'll try and get on earlier tomorrow... Uhh today, Thursday. If we could get a couple more people who are still also on PS3 to join that'd be nice, might ask Ward again and get him the tutorial heist if he still needs it.

rObit

Banned
Did my first heist with a gaffer and 2 randoms today. Things went well and with the first-time completion bonus I treated myself to a new car as a reward.

GFnW2eY.jpg

Is it just me or did the IQ in this game take a dump recently? I swear it looks much worse than it used to.

I've noticed this since the heist update too. I was trying to do one of the Humane Raid setup missions last night. Two of us get to the boat and we're waiting for the 2 other guys to get there. Instead of coming to the boat they spend 5 minutes pushing my car into the sea. When we're flying back to the airfield in the jets these 2 guys shoot us and each other out of the sky. Had to leave out of frustration.

Akai__

I've noticed this since the heist update too. I was trying to do one of the Humane Raid setup missions last night. Two of us get to the boat and we're waiting for the 2 other guys to get there. Instead of coming to the boat they spend 5 minutes pushing my car into the sea. When we're flying back to the airfield in the jets these 2 guys shoot us and each other out of the sky. Had to leave out of frustration.

I think he means IQ as in Image Quality.

We all know, that random people are acting stupid in online games. lol :D

I think he means IQ as in Image Quality.

We all know, that random people are acting stupid in online games. lol :D

That's what I get for quickly reading the posts! I haven't noticed the image quality dropping since the update but I never notice things like that anyway.

ninanuam

Banned
How many of you guys are moving to PC?

I'm on the Xbone ATM, but I have an OKish computer and am thinking about grabbing the PC version once it comes out. but I'm not looking forward to empty lobbies.

I'll probably keep the Xbone version going for a while as I have RL friends who don't play PC games who are into GTA online and I'll still want to play with them. But I feel the pull by 60FPS.

I'm on the Xbone ATM, but I have an OKish computer and am thinking about grabbing the PC version once it comes out. but I'm not looking forward to empty lobbies.

I'll probably keep the Xbone version going for a while as I have RL friends who don't play PC games who are into GTA online and I'll still want to play with them. But I feel the pull by 60FPS.

Create a second character for PC?

I would love to play GTAV on PC, but I doubt I ever will. I don't have a gaming PC for one, but still, all my friends play on PS4. Those mods, and the replay editor though are what I would crave to mess with though. The editor especially...I absolutely adore those modes, and in the chaotic world of GTA, the insane action going on would be sublime to view from any angle.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I was having a lot of trouble on X1, until I turned auto-aim back on in singleplayer. GTA Online still (I think?) has the ridiculous division of lobbies and the only way to switch back and forth between free aim / assisted / auto-aim lobbies is to go into Single player, change your settings, and then go back.

When I had it on free aim, I was routinely in 2 or 3 person lobbies and never able to get into any games. But since turning it back on, I'm now routinely in 20 - 25 player lobbies (almost every time) and while it still takes too long to get a full game going (Rockstar's stupid invite only system), it's not as bad... Maybe takes 3 - 5 mins to get popular modes loaded with about 12 - 16 players. never been able to do a full 30 player game, but I'd imagine it would run horribly and would probably never launch anyway given that a game can't launch while someone is "connecting."

Want to say thanks, after setting my aiming to full assist I got into matches last night no problem.

Although the full auto aim doesn't really work too well playing in first person. :-/

Tigress

Not me. I'm staying on my PS4.

The only reason I'd bother with a PC is for Bethesda games (Fallout/Elder Scrolls). It would also mean I'd have to bother putting a PC together and dealing with all the reasons I dislike PC gaming ;) (I like simplicity). But I don't really like playing games on my coimputer, I get too distracted by internet and it breaks immersion a lot. I do better playing games on my console.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I would think about it when it's on sale

but I'm sticking to ps4 untill i get the problem i have been having on pc for about a year fixed

I'll be playing both. Transferring your character doesn't delete it from the previous system - it creates another identical character on the new one.

I'll be playing both. Transferring your character doesn't delete it from the previous system - it creates another identical character on the new one.
That's how it works? I was under the impression that you can only transfer your character once and that it would be gone from the previous installment.

Will pick up the PC version but I wasn't sure whether or not we were able to transfer characters and keep them both on the PC and console.

Tawpgun

Don't know if it's a connection/NAT issue or a GTA server issue but I can never get more like like 3 other people when I join a random free mode lobby. It's hard enough getting anything full to play. Half the time I time out or disconnect too...

On a brighter note, I joined a random heist lobby yesterday. Hadn't done this mission before. Its the Pacific Standard set up where you have to rescue Avi.

One of the most insanely close finishes I've ever had. I wish xbox recorded voice chat too because we were all freaking the fuck out.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Tawpgun/video/471495

That's how it works? I was under the impression that you can only transfer your character once and that it would be gone from the previous installment.

Will pick up the PC version but I wasn't sure whether or not we were able to transfer characters and keep them both on the PC and console.
Yep. I was able to get my GTAO fix with my previously transferred character on PS3 when the PS4 servers went down during Xmas. But the catch is that it had the same level/unlocks/etc that it had back when I first transferred it.

Thanks to those who helped on the Series A finale. I have the next one started so I'll be looking for help. I may go to a pinball tourney tonight so I might wait until tomorrow.

Again, I pay an extra 5% to Gafers

Remember folks, Jesus saves but BobTheFork pays!

Yep. I was able to get my GTAO fix with my previously transferred character on PS3 when the PS4 servers went down during Xmas. But the catch is that it had the same level/unlocks/etc that it had back when I first transferred it.
Ah so your stats aren't synced with each other but your character is still there from the time you did the transfer.

Guess I'll pick up the PC version then. Was my only concern.

Want to say thanks, after setting my aiming to full assist I got into matches last night no problem.

Although the full auto aim doesn't really work too well playing in first person. :-/

Yeah, it kinda sucks. I wish that we could set it so that specific modes had auto-aim turned off. It would make deathmatch a lot more enjoyable for me. Feels like whack a mole now.

Ward

Next time, I'll try and get on earlier tomorrow... Uhh today, Thursday. If we could get a couple more people who are still also on PS3 to join that'd be nice, might ask Ward again and get him the tutorial heist if he still needs it.

You can duck when in a car? If only I had known.
I finally got the tutorial, and I'm always ready for team neogaf!

You can duck when in a car? If only I had known.
I finally got the tutorial, and I'm always ready for team neogaf!

I did not know we could duck in cars but the other part with only one guy getting the money and going straight to the boat are good ideas. I should've read it earlier, that was another mistake we made with us going out and shooting shit instead of staying behind while Jason and that kid we were with doing it, granted that random would've just got himself killed again. I was going to get on GTAO at about 4PM EDT but it looks more likely it'll be at around 5PM.

Ward, PHOENIXZERO, me and someone else are trying to complete all heists with the same team on PS3.

If we can get Super MisterHero, Razakin or Baron Von Beans, that would be fun.

Jarrod38

Just got killed by a level 74 player but I'm pretty sure he was using the highest rank sniper rifle, is there a cheat or anything that lets you do that?

Top Bottom