• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

That would make 3, I'm just going to play Driveclub. Arranging this shit takes too long.
I know that feel. Last night we wasted 2-3 hours trying to get heists going and instead mostly did a couple or races and mucking about the town. Each time we got into a setup or the heist portion something would go wrong, be it a PS4 losing connection to game server, player leaving during cutscene, player failing once or twice and leaving, and then it was suddenly 1am.

well, if anyone neds another ps4 gaffer to play with my psn is ddealer. I would like to play heist missions where the driver wouldn't actively try to ram everything he sees.

Tigress

All I gotta say is the Hydra is worth every penny.

And it is really fun to go back in missions that you could use the Buzzard to beat and use the Hydra instead (except the cathouse one as you need the vehicle to fit two people ;) ).

Especially trying to land in Martin's driveway with it >:).

Akai__

All these fun game modes, matchmaking is broken.

seriously; GTA IV matchmaking was better and that's...kinda disappointing

I think the game would be better, if we had real MP lobbies where you can choose playlists and see the population.

Going through your phone is not really ideal. :/

I think the game would be better, if we had real MP lobbies where you can choose playlists and see the population.

Going through your phone is not really ideal. :/

not just going through your phone, but also the madness that if the game fails to connect to a server, you get put into another server or kicked back to single player. What should take about 2 seconds.. ("Oh, I failed to connect...") takes about 60 seconds of loading screens, if not more.

Tawpgun

not just going through your phone, but also the madness that if the game fails to connect to a server, you get put into another server or kicked back to single player. What should take about 2 seconds.. ("Oh, I failed to connect...") takes about 60 seconds of loading screens, if not more.

Try having seemingly unfixable NAT issues. Thank god I can seem to connect to at least 3 other people with little issues.

But finding a free mode let alone a mission with a good number of people is fuckin impossible. I keep timing out. So sometimes this leads to a sequence such as this.

Accept invite from campaign. Loading GTA Online.... failed to connect to session going to a new GTA online session. Timed out, going back to Single Player.....

rinse repeat

I fucking hate my roommates router. Need to get a new one.

Akai__

Totally agree. It's also pretty funny, that you can only start an invite only session from SP.

Tawpgun

YBuUFRP.gif

Fuckin guy

Tigress

Totally agree. It's also pretty funny, that you can only start an invite only session from SP.

Ugh that really annoys me. The only thing you can do from MP is change to a different server. No deciding you want to go to an invite only, or crew only, or even just a solo session. It's really annoying if I get stuck in a random server (sometimes it will throw you out in one after a mission or whatnot. SOmetimes even if you decide to start a job and decide not to do it) that I have to go into SP first and then go load a invite/crew/friend only server.

Ted

Thread title should be fixed btw

I actually pm'd a mod when heists released but no luck, no doubt they're super busy so no great surprise. If folk want to suggest titles I can try again.

Given the GAF penchant for obscure OT titles with in-jokes only understood by a select few I wondered on seeing your post whether it should be changed to:

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| 224kb is just not enough

:)

Symphonia

Banned
I hate you, Ted.

On that subject, I've been on the phone to my ISP and hopefully we can heist it up tonight with no connectivity charges. If we do, I'll just go chuck my router through the window and scream to the Los Santos Gods.

Akai__

That Panto glitch doesn't seem to work. It's just not worth it, especially since you invest like 500k $ and the success rate is like ~1%.

Edit: It works better if there's lag, so you will have to do it with more players in your lobby or in a public lobby where you run into the risk of getting killed by others.

Calling the team for a heist tonight:

PHOENIXZERO, Ward, Super MisterHero and me
Tonight, this tuesday night
Starting around 9 or 10 pm

Can we do it?

Tawpgun

Got stuck with a crew that had mic'd but barely talked, and we were on pacific standard for like 2 fuckin hours because they couldn't stop wrecking on bikes.

God I wish I had a good reliable crew. Would fix all my GTA troubles

This has probably been answered to death already but...

I just have a few questions about character transfer from last gen to current:
When you transfer does your character keep the exact same facial features? I just watched a video on youtube and his character ended up looking different once it prompt the character customization screen.

Do you have to transfer both characters?

Also, do the characters from the last gen consoles disappear after the transfer? Or are they still there?(money and rank doesn't matter, as long as they're still there)

Mattiator

Hi all :)

Just started playing got 600,000 level 12 what property should I purchase if I want a decent one and want to do heists.
Thanks for any responses :).

Hi all :)

Just started playing got 600,000 level 12 what property should I purchase if I want a decent one and want to do heists.
Thanks for any responses :).

Any of the "high end" ones should have the heist room and 10 car garage. I think the major difference is distance to certain places like ammunation, mask shop, mod shop, airport, etc.

The other main difference is the way it looks inside: http://gta.wikia.com/Safehouses_in_GTA_Online

Ted

Are any of the usual suspects around tonight for a couple of hours from around 8.30pm GMT to get stuck into the final heist set-up missions?

This has probably been answered to death already but...

I just have a few questions about character transfer from last gen to current:

It's been awhile since I transferred but from what I can remember...

When you transfer does your character keep the exact same facial features? I just watched a video on youtube and his character ended up looking different once it prompt the character customization screen.

You can amend your characters as part of the transfer.

Do you have to transfer both characters?

I think it transfers the set but if you want to delete one and start again after the transfer this is possible (I have done it multiple times).

Also, do the characters from the last gen consoles disappear after the transfer? Or are they still there?(money and rank doesn't matter, as long as they're still there)

No, they are still playable on the old platform however money, RP and assets earned after the transfer on each platform remain separate. For example if you earn a million GTA dollars on your new platform, your old character will not have this money as well and vice versa.

Symphonia

Banned
Are any of the usual suspects around tonight for a couple of hours from around 8.30pm GMT to get stuck into the final heist set-up missions?
I should be, providing my connection holds up. Where I was getting >250Kb/s the other night, I was getting above 4Mb/s last night. If it holds up, count me in.

Revven

I need help finishing Prison Break, I'm on the finale of the heist (to be honest I'm surprised I got that far with randoms lol).

Not playing right now but I would appreciate/prefer being able to do it sometime today -- need 3 people. I'll be keeping an eye for any responses throughout the day.

I'll give my PSN ID when everyone who wants to help has... well... quoted this post lol. Don't want *everyone* to just add me. :p

Oh, the split would (optimally) be 40/20/20/20 if that's any incentive to help me.

Auctopus

I need help finishing Prison Break, I'm on the finale of the heist (to be honest I'm surprised I got that far with randoms lol).

Not playing right now but I would appreciate/prefer being able to do it sometime today -- need 3 people. I'll be keeping an eye for any responses throughout the day.

I'll give my PSN ID when everyone who wants to help has... well... quoted this post lol. Don't want *everyone* to just add me. :p

Oh, the split would (optimally) be 40/20/20/20 if that's any incentive to help me.

I can help, experienced as Prison Officer and Pilot.

What time is best for you? Will be going out for a meal around 7pm GMT for a few hours, but after then I'd be free for the night. Still need to do the Prison Break finale as well.

Revven

I can help, experienced as Prison Officer and Pilot.

What time is best for you? Will be going out for a meal around 7pm GMT for a few hours, but after then I'd be free for the night. Still need to do the Prison Break finale as well.

That's 2 so far, just need 1 more.

As for time, I'll be available really all day for the most part. Best time it sounds like might be at around 6 PM EST? Based on what you said, anyway, since you need to go out around 3 PM my time.

That's 2 so far, just need 1 more.

As for time, I'll be available really all day for the most part. Best time it sounds like might be at around 6 PM EST? Based on what you said, anyway, since you need to go out around 3 PM my time.

Could even do it around 3 or 4pm EST depending on how long I'll be out. Definitely will be back by 6pm EST. All sounds good.

torontoml

Haven't played with you before but I'd like to do this final heist. Is that like 3 hours from the time of this post?

Ted

I should be, providing my connection holds up. Where I was getting >250Kb/s the other night, I was getting above 4Mb/s last night. If it holds up, count me in.

Good stuff, not sure if DS is about but I'll text you all when I get on.

Haven't played with you before but I'd like to do this final heist. Is that like 3 hours from the time of this post?

Near enough. I'll dig out your PSN from the thread and add you when I get on. I can't guarantee we'll have a spot as we have a pretty regular group for this initial run through (and a couple of others who have expressed a interest) but if we're missing one I'll be sure to text you to see if you are up for it. Thanks for the offer mate, it's always good to play with GAF so even if I don't see you tonight I'll be sure to send invites your way if I see you online.

So apparently the adversary modes are really fun. Anyone tried them yet?

I adore Hasta La Vista but I'm pretty weird, it's a pain trying to get one going though as you need exactly four.

Dude thank you so much

No problem, I hope it helps (and is still accurate!).

Top Bottom