• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Ted

Psn is the same as here

Cheers GAF'er, much obliged.

I want new cars!

Got an empty 10 car garage ready, not really got much I want to buy right now.

Hard life eh!

I kind of need the opposite, a fourth garage. I recently had a clear out and refreshed a couple of slots but still have 28 cars and way more than two on my want list. Come on R* there must be a warehouse somewhere on the map you can let us buy.

Calling the team again for a heist tonight:

Ward, PHOENIXZERO, Super MisterHero and me
Tonight, this wednesday night
Starting around 10 pm

Can we make it?

Always wear your helmet, gaf:

nFzLR5T.gif

You guys still up for it? It's getting close to 6. If so, add me: OWN1N45

If we can't get a third GAFfer I guess we could try our luck in getting a random 4th guy?...

Sent a friend request.

As a heads up I've had a few to drink, so apologies in advance if I end up crashing a thing into a thing etc.

Auctopus

You guys still up for it? It's getting close to 6. If so, add me: OWN1N45

If we can't get a third GAFfer I guess we could try our luck in getting a random 4th guy?...

So sorry I left you hanging, I'm GMT and hadn't seen your message so I wasn't expecting it that late. I'm on now if you still are.

Man, it makes me so mad that this game is so fun, yet getting to the fun is such a hassle.

After a couple hours of connection / server / etc problems we went through some of the Humane Labs stuff and such. Good times with torontoml, RaymaN, and BigBoss!

7L7UNW.png

We'll be continuing our quest to complete this heist together later tonight.

torontoml

Man, it makes me so mad that this game is so fun, yet getting to the fun is such a hassle.

After a couple hours of connection / server / etc problems we went through some of the Humane Labs stuff and such. Good times with torontoml, RaymaN, and BigBoss!

7L7UNW.png

We'll be continuing our quest to complete this heist together later tonight.
Any idea when?

MisterNoisy

Got stuck with a crew that had mic'd but barely talked, and we were on pacific standard for like 2 fuckin hours because they couldn't stop wrecking on bikes.

God I wish I had a good reliable crew. Would fix all my GTA troubles

Once I get my connection unfucked (hopefully later this week), drop a line - I'm usually game for some heists - I just can't stay reliably connected for more than an hour at a time and it's driving me bonkers.

waypoetic

Banned
Now not to make this page too gif heavy, this chase was fun...

roadblock-eh-smt7b3r.gif

"Move bitch, get out the way, get out the way bitch get out the way"

... My mantra as i plowed through the barrier of cops. It was first spoken by the great american Sir Ludacris.

Eklipsis

Psn id king_coopr

Add me on ps4. I need to do the heists, trying to host them so I can make sure I do them in order. Also win for win races to unlocks mods. I have the hearse if anyone needs that to spawn too.

Tawpgun

I hate the Insurgent.

Armored Kuruma is the big offender.

At least you can shoot people out of the Insurgent. Kuruma is bulletproof. Just roll it into enemy placements on some heists/missions and its easy mode

Next time I do Pacific Standard, as long as I don't get hit on the way to the bikes im positive I can just go to my garage, grab the Kuruma, and come out with the full haul.

Tigress

You can insure and own one as a personal vehicle.

I heard to get it now that you have to know some one with a hearse to get it to spawn...

Anyone with a hearse want to help me get one? I prefer one with a coffin in the hearse (I hear there's two variants). Please?

Psn id king_coopr

Add me on ps4. I need to do the heists, trying to host them so I can make sure I do them in order. Also win for win races to unlocks mods. I have the hearse if anyone needs that to spawn too.

Oh, I missed this... pretty pretty please?

Eklipsis

I heard to get it now that you have to know some one with a hearse to get it to spawn...

Anyone with a hearse want to help me get one? I prefer one with a coffin in the hearse (I hear there's two variants). Please?

Oh, I missed this... pretty pretty please?

Yeah no problem just message me on psn or in game

what's the consensus of gta online now with the heists and everything

Online Heists are well thought out, fun DLC, and GTA Online certainly has more ot do now than it initially did, but it's still the same story:

- If you don't have friends to play with
And
- If you don't play online games just to grind and level up a useless number

Then:

There isn't much for you.

But, the game has improved a lot since launch:
  • Better matchmaking and lobby system. Still sucks, still worse than any other lobby/matchmaking system in a major game, but much better than before
  • More to do in the open world
  • Some very unique modes and matches
  • Pretty stable connections. Still get drops and disconnects or can't match up with friends from time to time, but it works more times than it doesn't
  • Finally you can make real money doing something other than grinding
  • Huge amount of content to consume in terms of vehicles, weapons, clothes, and customizing
  • Much better system for playing co-op (or single player, but mostly co-op) missions. Much, much better. You can now choose the mission you want to do assuming you're a high enough level and invite your friends to it. Somethign that wasn't possible before.
  • Enemy AI is roughly similar to SP now, which is an improvement. before, enemy AI was completely stupid, but they evened it out by having pinpoint, super deadly accuracy. Now, this is not the case.
  • Better "post-match" selections

Has a lot of great new modes that are unique experiences only to GTA really.

ANd then, Online Heists is also pretty good.

But without friends, all of this is mostly useless. I would probably never play GTAO if I didn't have one or two friends to play with.

Mistel

Banned
You can get one to spawn whilst solo by exploiting a few things. All you had to do was use the backing out from the store not right nearby the church to refresh the cars. But that can be time consuming.

Armored Kuruma is the big offender.

At least you can shoot people out of the Insurgent. Kuruma is bulletproof. Just roll it into enemy placements on some heists/missions and its easy mode

Next time I do Pacific Standard, as long as I don't get hit on the way to the bikes im positive I can just go to my garage, grab the Kuruma, and come out with the full haul.

Garages are usually locked during missions.

Tawpgun

While I can appreciate that heists are doable and easy for the most part, I do wish there were some more challenging ones.... Same level of teamwork and coordination required as destiny raids

Garages are usually locked during missions.

I thought so too. But we did pacific standard a while back were i got the bike an went for. My garage . Sure enough I walked right in and grabbed my kuruma. The catch is that no one else can enter as a passenger.

While I can appreciate that heists are doable and easy for the most part, I do wish there were some more challenging ones.... Same level of teamwork and coordination required as destiny raids

I thought so too. But we did pacific standard a while back were i got the bike an went for. My garage . Sure enough I walked right in and grabbed my kuruma. The catch is that no one else can enter as a passenger.

I see... Interesting.

jay23

Been having connection problems lately. Can't connect to one of my friends for some reason, always says we're already in each others lobby.

sunnz

WTF is up with the 3rd person sensitivity while turning, looking and moving the camera ( on foot, vehicle and while aiming)

ITS so slow, even on full settings. Was never like this before, any idea how to fix it? takes like 3 seconds to turn 90 degree

Ruins it so much.

The car with the turret is epic though.

Maybe they fixed the "downgraded" stuff. Seems like POM, damage, and anti-aliasing was toned down with Heist patch, but maybe they just turned some of it off to release on time and then scale things back up with middle-ground settings.

Symphonia

Banned
I hope Michael and Franklin show up in GTA Online

so far only Trevor has shown up of the 3 protagonists
As the heists are set before the events in GTA V, I highly doubt we'll see Michael and Franklin pop up, at least not as an NPC setting you a mission. Remember, before the story in GTA V, Michael was laying low under witness protection, and Franklin was nothing more than a street-tier criminal. They wouldn't have heists to set the players.

Top Bottom