• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Whoa, almost lost my Jill Valentine tonight. My bro and I were playing (he just got GTAV) and we went into a gun shop. My character suddenly took on his character's traits. This was after 2 hours without any issues. I force quit from the PS menu and loaded the game again and she was back to normal.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
What the hell did the update do to my character? She's shrunk by about six inches and the lower half of her face suddenly looks like an overweight man's. She seriously doesn't look anything like herself anymore.

Noticed that more ambient challenges have appeared. Saw my first armored car in about 6 months, as well as a "shoot the plane down" mini-mission. Those were tuned way down after heists, so looks like they've been tuned back to normal maybe.

What the hell did the update do to my character? She's shrunk by about six inches and the lower half of her face suddenly looks like an overweight man's. She seriously doesn't look anything like herself anymore.

After the Heists update there was a similar issue, but it seemed network stress related. Some people have said that assets are loading correctly over the network so your character may fall back to a "default" identity, in this case, a man's face. Other people have had their characters turn black or grey skinned.

~24 hours after the Heist update, this was fixed. I'd imagine this bug is the same.

Hmm.. I'm seeing a pattern here: it's the women characters that get their appearances fucked up.

I think it's based on what the default character model is based on certain parings of "parents" in the bizarre way that GTA Online's character creator was initially setup. People experiencing this bug seem to be turning into a black man.

GAF Need Help, armored Karuma or Armored PM Insurgent? I heard the Karuma has the rear guard like my zentorno, does it also withstand multiple explosives like the insurgent?

Ted

...as previously discussed - Way, DS, Cyanide - final parts of the final heist tonight?

I can be on from 8-8.30 (GMT) ish until whenever my caffeine buzz runs out. I'll PSN message folk when I get online if you are all still available.

steel-middle-finger9zs7k.gif

GAF Need Help, armored Karuma or Armored PM Insurgent? I heard the Karuma has the rear guard like my zentorno, does it also withstand multiple explosives like the insurgent?

Karuma is one of the most bullet resistant cars in the game... virtually indesctructible with bullets. Virtually impossible to kill the drive with gun shots, other than 1 weak point in the driver/passenger windows but even then, the weak point is small.

The Insurgent is not bullet proof quite like the Karuma, but the benefit of it is the blast absorption. Insurgent can take 5 - 6 rocket hits or remote mines. But drivers are definitely more at risk.

Karuma can only take 1 or 2 rocket blasts I believe, but the driver is virtually untouched by gun fire.

Both are beasts, karuma is faster, but both are still pretty fast. The 50 cal gun on the Insurgent is a game changer, but if that's not important to you, then the Karuma is best for solo play.

Also, I could be wrong, but the Karuma is a car you can park in your garage. The Insurgent has to be phoned in by Pegasus.

Symphonia

Banned
...as previously discussed - Way, DS, Cyanide - final parts of the final heist tonight?

I can be on from 8-8.30 (GMT) ish until whenever my caffeine buzz runs out. I'll PSN message folk when I get online if you are all still available.

steel-middle-finger9zs7k.gif
I'm down for it. How many parts we got left to do?

Loving the GIF.

Karuma is one of the most bullet resistant cars in the game... virtually indesctructible with bullets. Virtually impossible to kill the drive with gun shots, other than 1 weak point in the driver/passenger windows but even then, the weak point is small.

The Insurgent is not bullet proof quite like the Karuma, but the benefit of it is the blast absorption. Insurgent can take 5 - 6 rocket hits or remote mines. But drivers are definitely more at risk.

Karuma can only take 1 or 2 rocket blasts I believe, but the driver is virtually untouched by gun fire.

Both are beasts, karuma is faster, but both are still pretty fast. The 50 cal gun on the Insurgent is a game changer, but if that's not important to you, then the Karuma is best for solo play.

Also, I could be wrong, but the Karuma is a car you can park in your garage. The Insurgent has to be phoned in by Pegasus.

Thanks for the information! Isn't the non mounted gun Insurgent a personal vehicle? I think I may have even heard the non mounted gun one has a back shield, not sure.

Ted

Thanks for the information! Isn't the non mounted gun Insurgent a personal vehicle?

Yep, sans gun it can be stored in a player garage and even modified (paint, wheels, usual mechanical upgrades).

I'm down for it. How many parts we got left to do?

Loving the GIF.

I think just the finale itself. The only thing I've heard about it is that it involves
a hacker and a demolition man who then on escape need to avoid being damaged as the money bags they carry drop cash
so I'm guessing one run may not be enough.

I get home from work @ 5:30 EST, which I believe is 9:30 GMT. Sorry to make you guys wait :(

No problem mate. It's all good.

YOU COULD ALWAYS QUIT.

For us.

Haha! I'm picturing this scene now and it never plays out well!

torontoml

Thanks for the information! Isn't the non mounted gun Insurgent a personal vehicle? I think I may have even heard the non mounted gun one has a back shield, not sure.
The personal one looks like their should be a back guard when you look at the interior but it's not. Anyone can be shot through any window. Kinda wish there was a little resistance to the windows or something. Or make it so that the personal one doesn't show up on the map like it does.

I don't mind people firing rockets or explosives but assisted aim makes you fairly vulnerable. And I want populated lobbies so I go with assisted aim.

xXJonoXx

Could anyone help me with the Humane Raid Finale? I've been trying all day with randoms and can't even get close. I give 30% to everyone.

On PS4.
PSN: xxjonoxx

The Karuma is great for firefights that don't involve explosives, it really trivializes any missions where there's a shootout. It's also the only vehicle with bullet proof/resistant windows.

The civilian Insurgent is also fucking awesome with its explosive resistance, the only downsides are the front and side windows and the fact that it also has the gun mounted Insurgent icon so you'll probably be a target for some people. But they better be driving something equally tough or tougher or good shots because it's a fast (for its size), rolling fortress of death. It can also be taken into LSC and modded though there isn't any physical or armor mods (since it's already an armored monster" you can still greatly improve its acceleration and cornering along with paint, tires, ect. The back end is "bullet proof" in the same way the Sandking is with the truck bed cover, probably more so since the window in the back is so small.

So yeah, the answer is both.

EDIT: Nevermind I just shot at those little back windows of the Insurgent and they are bulletproof, just the front and door windows aren't. Oh, forgot one downside of the Kuruma's armored body and BP windows is that you can't throw things so no grenades, sticky bombs and so on while inside it.

So yeah, the answer is both.

Awesome! Thanks for the in depth analysis! I was kind of leaning towards the PM Insurgent, the fact you can't use throwables from the Karuma makes my decision.

I was going to grab the mounted turret one, but having to call and run around to pick it up doesn't sound great.

DireStr8s

Ted, Tony, Way:
Running through the heists with you guys is my top highlight of 2015 gaming so far .

Hit me up anytime if you need someone to catch on fire at a pivotal moment or if you just wanna spell out bad words with bullet holes.

Tigress

Yeah no problem just message me on psn or in game

Thanks for spawning me a hearse! Most unique car in the game atm (or at least if it is not no one takes theirs out). Plus, it's amusing (I'm easily amused. I also wish I could have kept my police SUV <- R* I'm still bitter over that and it's been more than a year! Why can't I have a police SUV?!).

Symphonia

Banned
Ted, Tony, Way:
Running through the heists with you guys is my top highlight of 2015 gaming so far .

Hit me up anytime if you need someone to catch on fire at a pivotal moment or if you just wanna spell out bad words with bullet holes.
'FUCK' in bullet holes written on the bank wall was just one of the highlights for me in that heist. I'm gonna miss doing heists with you guys. We should try and jump online each week to just do some random stuff.

There is a lakeside toga party tonight I could go to, but its all the way up in Oakland. I've also been invited to a potential bar outing, but I don't drink. Unless my friend can give me a good reason to join her, I'll probably be back home following the graduation party I'm heading to in an hour or so.

And I'll be hungry... for some heists... and racing... and flipping...

9Nn1n3.gif

Ted

Great job Dire, Tony, Way. I really enjoyed our heist sessions, R* have done a pretty damn good job on these I reckon but they'd be no good without a good crew, thanks fellas.

Ted, Tony, Way:

Definitely, it was a pleasure Dire. Gaming is always better with mates.

Will do. And surely every Neogaf crew has room in it for a self-igniting sweary bullet vandal? If it isn't already, it should be in the ToS.

'FUCK' in bullet holes written on the bank wall was just one of the highlights for me in that heist. I'm gonna miss doing heists with you guys. We should try and jump online each week to just do some random stuff.

I'm definitely up for more heists or whatever really if you guys are. I'm keen to try a different way of doing the final heist if you, Dire and Way want to at some point. That and just do them all again since I haven't done all the roles. And since we know them better we should see even more those "that was slick" moments.

Also, now the in order bonus is out the way, I'm more than happy to join any GAF folk who are looking for a fourth or is fed up with micless randoms on PS4. I can't promise to always be chatty though as I am often playing whilst my better half does something else in the same space. I prefer free aim but am happy with whatever. Mention GAF in PSN messages. I'm on most weekends for a few hours from around 10-midnight GMT and some weeknights but a little earlier.

PSN = (quote to see)

GTA online just swapped me and my friends skin tones and fused two of their characters faces onto one of my other friends....WHATS HAPPENING
Its a known bug on all consoles. I've been avoiding heists because of it :(

http://gtaforums.com/topic/780253-character-appearance-change-glitch/

http://gtaforums.com/topic/771972-my-female-characters-face-has-changed-since-heists-download-and/

there are more ...

If your character doesn't revert back to what it supposed to be you need to request a support ticket from R* to reset it for you.

I just noticed, I can't adjust the brightness in GTA from the menus. The option is missing.

Apparently it's available in SP but not MP. Whatever.

Anyone else finding Suspend/Resume doesn't play well with GTA Online? I just had to close application and restart because I couldn't join anybody.

Tigress

Anyone else finding Suspend/Resume doesn't play well with GTA Online? I just had to close application and restart because I couldn't join anybody.

Yep... I find that it's fine for SP but if you try to load up from turning on the PS4 you won't be able to join many people. Including getting in public servers that have people.

Tigress

I wouldn't expect a online game to work with that feature. Idle for too long and you're rightfully kicked out.

That's not what he's talking about (he's not expecting to suspend it while online and be able to come back on and be online already). I know what he's talking about cause I find it is bad too.

If you try to join people on GTA online from the PS4 having been suspended and turned on again, GTA won't let you join people. It either won't see them, will lag and then say it can't join them, and won't even let you try join friends until you get the right server (Something that works when it says that some one has to do the starting missions) cause it will say it can't find any sessions you can join. Hell, even trying to go into public lobbies is a lot more likely to get empty lobbies (i've never had a problem at least getting into a lobby with some people until using the suspend feature).

You have to quit the game out and restart it to get it to act right and let you join your friends (or rather not even act right, but act like before cause it still had some issues with letting you join friends but the usual issues have work arounds. You simply cannot join your friends when you try to go online after suspending the application). And hell, I had one time at least where even restarting the game didn't help (to be fair it might have been the other person needed to restart too cause when he did that fixed it).

It's obnoxious and it's so reliable about it, it makes suspend to resume useless if I want to be playing GTA online (I don't mind having to reconnect, but at this point I have to restart the whole application if I actually want to play with friends or sometimes even play with anyone! So it's pretty pointless when I'm mostly using GTA to play online).

Yeah, suspend/resume doesn't work for anything that has an online connection required, for the most part. Some of them are okay (Madden's online isn't bad), but anything that requires a persistent online connection really doesn't work.

N° 2048

So yea if anyone is wondering I am done with Heists. Loading times, getting kicked from online due to server issues and other small shit makes this game unplayable online for me.

Back to trying to %100 Single player.

Had fun doing a few Heists with some peeps from here though :)

And yep since the latest patch the game is not running well at all. Lots more "You've been kicked" from the session, etc. Having trouble launching races/modes with even 4 players.

The core system behind GTA Online is such a freaking mess. Trying to do one of those Adversary modes, which we all know require 4 people, no more no less, and so we get 3 after like ... 2 mins, and then finally a 4th joins, so I hit "Play" and it takes another 60 seconds of "LAunching session" then we get to the team select and mine bugs out and says "You've been kicked" (I'm the host...?). So I hit "A" to go back to GTA Online, it takes me to the clouds, I load another 60 seconds, can hear explsions, etc., and then "There has been an error. Please return to GTA V." Hit A, GTAV launches, takes another 30 seconds, and if I want to boot into online you know that's another 60 seconds.

So.. like 5 - 6 minutes of waiting, followed by no gameplay.

The infrastructure of GTA Online is a ridiculous, horrible mess.

Top Bottom