• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

C'mon guys, calling the heist team again:

Super MisterHero, PHOENIXZERO, Ward and me
Tonight, this Thursday night
Starting around 9 or 10 pm?

So, can we really make it?

And if you won't be able to come to play, post a reply here and just say it!

I don't suppose they're any UK gaf GTA players who play consistently and would like 3 non randoms to do heists?

I have a number of friends who play this but only 2 are regularly online.

Being sat in a team of 3 and waiting for our 4th friend to play is soul destroying just so we can finish the heist.

You must enjoy being mugged ;)

If its on PS4 I'll play, but I won't tolerate any mugging lol.

C'mon guys, calling the heist team again:

Super MisterHero, PHOENIXZERO, Ward and me
Tonight, this Thursday night
Starting around 9 or 10 pm?

So, can we really make it?

And if you won't be able to come to play, post a reply here and just say it!

I'll be on, I really want to get this done and out of the way, it's ridiculous that we still haven't finished.

Ted

Think i'm free this saturday :)

I'm down. Maybe we could get the crew together (Dire, Ted, you and i)?

Yes, Dire, good lad! That's you and Way in so far, just need Teddy boy now.

I'm definitely around Saturday night and may be around on Friday night. I need to earn some cash though so I might try and grind out some heists Friday (the prison break one on auto-aim is super quick so might make a fun money maker).

Ray and I will be on today looking for 1 or 2 others for Heists (starting soon and over a handful of hours). Our friend Alex may join us, but if he doesn't it'll be two spots open. May end up on Infinite Medium youtube channel, which has GTA online videos largely featuring GAF members :p

CheezyMac88

Title Update 1.10 (Xbox One/PS4)
Miscellaneous Fixes

Fixes graphical issues on PS4 and Xbox One introduced after Title Update 1.08. For details, please see this article.
Corrects an issue where some players’ character appearances would change periodically
Fixes an animation issue where another player aiming on your screen would not play the correct animation

Tawpgun

I can't even get into a populated server. Keeps loading me in on my own.
Same

I'm about to snap this shitty disc in half. No other games gives me the connection issues like GTA Online. Can't even get a fuckin heist going today it keeps dropping me or someone midway through

Fuxking infuriating because when it works it's awesome. But with the rareness of it ever working im beginning to wonder if it's even worth trying anymore.

ninanuam

Banned
Having so much trouble finding reasonable players. I spent 2 hours last night failing over and over again at simple set ups....things I could do Solo (stealing the plane, stealing the bus) with just a bit of patience become endless nightmares of fail/restart/someone left/load screen/sitting in a lobby. Because inevitably one person in the crew doesn't seem to know what cover is.

I have yet to beat prison break because I just don't have a reasonable crew, my friends list does have people playing but they are always busy when I invite them and there are never enough to fill out the whole crew so even if we do get something going that inevitable random ends up walking into oncoming fire and then quitting.

I have a 4 day weekend, im on Xbone, my gamer tag is n1nn4nu4m I will be on a lot, (not all the time because I need to do some family stuff) add me and invite me to a heist, I'm mic'd up and while I'm not the best and I haven't played all the heists, I usually get shit right eventually and I promise not to quit after only two tries at a heist or a set up.

Because if I don't finish at least prison break this weekend I don't know if that shit is ever gonna happen.

Yeah, I'll be on, hopefully we can finally finish this shit tonight. It's taken way too long to get through this. Get familiar with the hacking part of the heist because you're getting that job, still not sure if I want to gather all the money or let you do it, but I'll get the car and all that. Did they fix the getting into a garage during the event? Because if not I'll be going to my garage to get my Armored Kuruma and we can all ride in that. Apparently everyone but the person getting their PV needs to get out of the city first before they can enter it.

Here's some of the basic idea of what we'll do, also show's what to expect from the hacking part. Obviously spoiler if you haven't done the this heist chain yet.

https://youtu.be/7-N2Bata8pc?t=12m00s
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheft...ey_guys_ive_found_that_too_many_people_still/

dh4niel

Having so much trouble finding reasonable players. I spent 2 hours last night failing over and over again at simple set ups....things I could do Solo (stealing the plane, stealing the bus) with just a bit of patience become endless nightmares of fail/restart/someone left/load screen/sitting in a lobby. Because inevitably one person in the crew doesn't seem to know what cover is.

I have yet to beat prison break because I just don't have a reasonable crew, my friends list does have people playing but they are always busy when I invite them and there are never enough to fill out the whole crew so even if we do get something going that inevitable random ends up walking into oncoming fire and then quitting.

I have a 4 day weekend, im on Xbone, my gamer tag is n1nn4nu4m I will be on a lot, (not all the time because I need to do some family stuff) add me and invite me to a heist, I'm mic'd up and while I'm not the best and I haven't played all the heists, I usually get shit right eventually and I promise not to quit after only two tries at a heist or a set up.

Because if I don't finish at least prison break this weekend I don't know if that shit is ever gonna happen.

I've had the exact same problems. I also have a 4 day weekend, so I'll add you and hopefully we can play! My gamertag is dh4niel.

Revven

Any GAFfers at some point this weekend want to help me finish up the Humane Labs heist? I have to do the EMP Delivery setup and then the finale. I'm on PS4.

Let me know and then we should try to figure out a good time for everyone.

Symphonia

Banned
For the attention of my heist crew (Dire, Ted, Way) and anyone else who wishes to take part in my little YouTube project, I will be on tonight from 7pm onward for a little, well, meet and greet. We can discuss ideas, have a fuck around, and if anything interesting happens, upload it. If you're interested, PM me your PSN ID and your timezone.

DireStr8s

For the attention of my heist crew (Dire, Ted, Way) and anyone else who wishes to take part in my little YouTube project, I will be on tonight from 7pm onward for a little, well, meet and greet. We can discuss ideas, have a fuck around, and if anything interesting happens, upload it. If you're interested, PM me your PSN ID and your timezone.

I'll try to make it tonight. Would be around 9:45 GMT.

I like going to the garage and getting a Kuruma and meeting outside the city to pick up the rest of the team more than getting the SWAT van which from what I've seen can be unreliable. Want you to do the protection/shooting because you're better at that than me. Hope everyone is on tonight so we can finish this mess.

It's kind of annoying that we do all this other stuff and pay out the ass for the vehicles and then we can't use them when it really matters during heists. I wonder how much longer until they stop the garage thing.

ninanuam

Banned

Im adding you all.

I got really close to beating prison break with some randoms, I was the pilot got everyone out but I could not lose the cops.

there was nothing on my radar, I must have spent 20 minutes trying to lose it, eventually some guy dropped.

is there a secret to losing the cops during that mission that I missed or is it just really hard/time consuming?

Or possibly a bug?

I like going to the garage and getting a Kuruma and meeting outside the city to pick up the rest of the team more than getting the SWAT van which from what I've seen can be unreliable. Want you to do the protection/shooting because you're better at that than me. Hope everyone is on tonight so we can finish this mess.

It's kind of annoying that we do all this other stuff and pay out the ass for the vehicles and then we can't use them when it really matters during heists. I wonder how much longer until they stop the garage thing.
We can try to team up and be demolition and hacker and we (or only me) get all the money like you said earlier while the other members try to cover us before getting in the vehicule.

And if we loose too much money, we can restart the finale?

I never did those jobs for the last heist finale, demotion and hacker.

Also I never did the decoys part in the Hack mission with the exchange between the white and the black vans too.

We can try to team up and be demolition and hacker and we (or only me) get all the money like you said earlier while the other members try to cover us before getting in the vehicule.

And if we loose too much money, we can restart the finale?

I never did those jobs for the last heist finale, demotion and hacker.

Also I never did the decoys part in the Hack mission with the exchange between the white and the black vans too.

I intended to make you the Hacker with me as Demo, I did the hacker part last time, it's pretty simple though I don't know why they didn't make it the same thing as the first, trainer heist. I was going to get the money and then go get my car when we reach the bikes as you guys meet somewhere outside the city until I pick you all up and we then go to the boat. You can quit and reset for it to be fresh but there's no point in doing that until we get to the bikes there are check points so if we fail before getting to the bikes the money will be reset to the full amount but after the bike check point is reached it continues to go down from whatever the amount was from the previous fail IIRC. If the plan goes as planned it shouldn't be an issue.

I intended to make you the Hacker with me as Demo, I did the hacker part last time, it's pretty simple though I don't know why they didn't make it the same thing as the first, trainer heist. I was going to get the money and then go get my car when we reach the bikes as you guys meet somewhere outside the city until I pick you all up and we then go to the boat. You can quit and reset for it to be fresh but there's no point in doing that until we get to the bikes there are check points so if we fail before getting to the bikes the money will be reset to the full amount but after the bike check point is reached it continues to go down from whatever the amount was from the previous fail IIRC. If the plan goes as planned it shouldn't be an issue.
Sounds good to me.

Revven

Oh my fucking god.

I finally, basically, complete the final setup for Humane Labs with randoms but one of them decided it was an awesome idea to shoot from the back of the van you leave in right as Merryweather is passing by in the jeeps! I was overjoyed and happy that I finally finished it but NOPE, someone had to be an idiot and ruin it.

And the best part was the reason we even passed it was because I made a LUCKY guess that the other guy was going to shoot the scientist on the left so I shot the one on the right.

I tried getting another set of randoms together (high level, mind you) along with one of the dudes that I "completed" the EMP Delivery with (who knew what he was doing and wasn't the idiot that fucked everything up for us) but the ones I got together just weren't in sync. Kept getting alerts before even taking out the guys from the back.

It's such a frustrating mission to try and do with randoms because ONE WHIFFED BULLET = insta-fail. Who thought that was a good idea? There's been multiple instances where my thumb slips a little and I miss my shot which hits the Insurgent vehicle that's coming out from the Lab and causes an alert. There's been instances where a guy slightly tilts his head to the side and I miss my shot or his body moves one inch and I miss my shot. And there was just an instance where I shot the guy by the stairs and the body just so happened to land near one of the scientists where 9 times out of 10 it didn't do that.

Fuck this mission. I want it doneeeee already. I don't think I'll ever get that lucky with randoms again and I'll be stuck on this heist forever. -_____-

dh4niel

I hosted the Prison Break Heist setup last night and managed to get randoms to join almost instantly, which was like some kind of Easter miracle. Managed to get the Prison Break heist done with only a little hassle. Now on to Humane Labs. :/

Oh my fucking god.

I finally, basically, complete the final setup for Humane Labs with randoms but one of them decided it was an awesome idea to shoot from the back of the van you leave in right as Merryweather is passing by in the jeeps! I was overjoyed and happy that I finally finished it but NOPE, someone had to be an idiot and ruin it.

And the best part was the reason we even passed it was because I made a LUCKY guess that the other guy was going to shoot the scientist on the left so I shot the one on the right.

I tried getting another set of randoms together (high level, mind you) along with one of the dudes that I "completed" the EMP Delivery with (who knew what he was doing and wasn't the idiot that fucked everything up for us) but the ones I got together just weren't in sync. Kept getting alerts before even taking out the guys from the back.

It's such a frustrating mission to try and do with randoms because ONE WHIFFED BULLET = insta-fail. Who thought that was a good idea? There's been multiple instances where my thumb slips a little and I miss my shot which hits the Insurgent vehicle that's coming out from the Lab and causes an alert. There's been instances where a guy slightly tilts his head to the side and I miss my shot or his body moves one inch and I miss my shot. And there was just an instance where I shot the guy by the stairs and the body just so happened to land near one of the scientists where 9 times out of 10 it didn't do that.

Fuck this mission. I want it doneeeee already. I don't think I'll ever get that lucky with randoms again and I'll be stuck on this heist forever. -_____-

A silenced Carbide, or any automatic rifle probably, helps taking people down a lot less of a hassle, especially if you're playing with auto aim.

Eklipsis

Did the humane raid heist last night with random and actually made it all the way through...although we went through a few different people. But I always get picked as the pilot and I'm terrible at flying....terrible.

GQman2121

Banned
FYI on the PS4: SUSPEND/RESUME will prevent you from being matched with other players online when you wake your system up from Rest mode.

You obviously can't enter rest mode while online, but even exiting into singleplayer, and then going into Rest Mode (suspend) will for some reason prevent you from joining servers with other players when you wake the system up to continue playing.

Ever had a moment when you think the gods are against you...

Click here

The bike was wrecked. Should have taken off in the Hummer. Should have put more armor on first too.

FYI on the PS4: SUSPEND/RESUME will prevent you from being matched with other players online when you wake your system up from Rest mode.

You obviously can't enter rest mode while online, but even exiting into singleplayer, and then going into Rest Mode (suspend) will for some reason prevent you from joining servers with other players when you wake the system up to continue playing.

Figured this out tonight. Nice to know it's not my connection.

Striker

Im adding you all.

I got really close to beating prison break with some randoms, I was the pilot got everyone out but I could not lose the cops.

there was nothing on my radar, I must have spent 20 minutes trying to lose it, eventually some guy dropped.

is there a secret to losing the cops during that mission that I missed or is it just really hard/time consuming?

Or possibly a bug?
I think it's a bug.

We got over it once in our session by flying the plane over the military base and then lost those stars. It worked!

Has anyone seen those custom Deathmatch games that say 10000rp, $1000000. Where you have to climb up high to get guns?

Does it work? Is it a glitch?

GQman2121

Banned
Duffle bags are now showing up in freeroam.

There are two: Black one which I acquired randomly after a heist; and green which is incredibly easy to obtain by equipping a parachute and visiting a barbershop. I can post the details if anyone is interested.

ProlDkZ.jpg

Has anyone seen those custom Deathmatch games that say 10000rp, $1000000. Where you have to climb up high to get guns?

Does it work? Is it a glitch?

I don't think so. I was matched into one randomly and it was waste of time. The person who was able to reach the guns didn't receive anywhere close to that amount of rp or money.

Top Bottom