• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

How do I get an invite to the PS4 crew? My Rockstar ID is Uncleniccius.

I'm in the last gen one, but not the new one.
If you are in Gaming Age Family [NGAF], then all you have to do is play the game. The PS3 -> PS4 transitions without any hassle. If you are in something other than Gaming Age Family, shoot me a PM with your Social Club name and I'll get you added in.

Akai__

Guys, I beat it... I beat the last Heist on the Xbox 360.

Oddly enough, with random people and they didn't die this time.

I did the safe strat and picked up my Insurgent right after I hopped onto the Bike. An other player did the same and we took the West Highway route. This vehicle is really good, cause police can't do anything.

Finally done with Heists. Now onto buying things and replaying some Heists.

---

Just encountered the Cargobob has no magnet bug in the Fleeca Job... GG Rockstar. LMAO

---

Now I came across a modder, who has wallhacks, flying and infinite life... The fuck is going on today. lol

Ted

I'm in the same boat, old chap, veering towards my 30s.

That's not so bad. It's the next big 0 that is the worrying one for me (for loads of reasons not appropriate for a GTA thread!) though it still remains just far enough away to convince myself it won't ever happen.

Guys, I beat it... I beat the last Heist on the Xbox 360

Good job Akai! How was the payout?

Just encountered the Cargobob has no magnet bug in the Fleeca Job... GG Rockstar. LMAO

I've had this one as well, it is annoying but at least the job is short and simple enough to make a restart not too much of a chore. And of course any hostage situation is another chance to graffiti the wall of the bank with mini-gun smut.... eh Mr. DireStr8s. :)

Akai__

Good job Akai! How was the payout?

Roughly 1 Million at 25% split + 100K for first time completion + the 1 Million Bonus for doing them all in order.

I've had this one as well, it is annoying but at least the job is short and simple enough to make a restart not too much of a chore. And of course any hostage situation is another chance to graffiti the wall of the bank with mini-gun smut.... eh Mr. DireStr8s. :)

Yeah, it's not really too bad. Just imagine something like this happens on any other Heist.

Tawpgun

Hope they release more heists in the future.

Can't believe the magnet carbobob wasn't utilized more. Would be an awesome role to play to fly it.

Ted

I'll be on tonight but not quite sure when. Happy to help out with whatever if you need or just finish our outstanding heist. Send me a message if you see me on and you're doing something.

More generally. I'd be keen at some point to start to try and min/max the Pacific Standard setups and heist. I reckon with four good players on aim-assist the whole thing can be cleared in a pretty quick time (but I don't know what that time would be yet!). I'm interested to find out the total time and how the payout per min stacks up with 3 players getting set-up missions payouts + 20% of the final score and the host taking 40% of the cut and nothing else.

Also keen to start thinking about Criminal Mastermind at some point soon. Many of the missions on aim-assist seem pretty trivial so I think this might be pretty achievable with support, planning, focus and a little bit of luck. No wipes though across all jobs... could be frustrating, so the team needs to be tight, empathetic and calm as that one wipe could come anytime, from anyone and I'm not keen to spend my play-time listening to or resolving any angst.

Not sure if either of the last two fit anyone's definition of fun though other than mine so those are probably going to have to be opened to the floor!

Hope they release more heists in the future.

Can't believe the magnet carbobob wasn't utilized more. Would be an awesome role to play to fly it.

Preach!

Would be awesome used both as a means of escape but also perhaps offensively in a "clear this road-block/steal this thing/pull off this roof" kind of way.

Tawpgun

I'm also surprised Zancudo wasn't utilized either. Though I guess it was cool of them to make an aircraft carrier rather than trying to steal hydras from Zancudo.

A heist that utilizes the train would be sweet also. Require good timing

I keep getting this issue where I can't shoot from vehicles in GTA:eek:.. it is ruining the game for me, any solid fixes for this?

Edit: All I know for sure is that doing an online race fixes this issue when you return to the regular game. Until then, there is nothing you can do to clear it, even restarting the game.

Need opinions zentorno or adder....leaning towards adder
Zentorno's back acts as a shield to gunfire. Very useful for PvE.

Anyway, I caved and preordered the PC version. Now I just need to get this Pacific Standard heist taken care of on PS4 before Tuesday, and my PC character will be set for life.

You should at least be level 21 or so to have an assault rifle, a sniper, and sticky bombs. Without those, you're pretty much worthless for any serious play.

Yeah, I'm also low level on my PS4 character, so I'm holding off on heists until I get close to that range. You have a very tiny pool of ammo at lower levels, so it's easy to run out during long missions.

Once I hit the PC though, my high level PS3 character is going to work right away.

Need opinions zentorno or adder....leaning towards adder

You can add me king_coopr although I usually play late though 1130pm-2am est

Well, there's less of them going around these days but the Zentorono was up until Heists the go to vehicle that seemingly everyone owned. It's over all better than the Adder.

Zentorno's back acts as a shield to gunfire. Very useful for PvE.

They both do but over all the Zentorono is a better car from a performance standpoint.

Is GTAO friendly to new players these days or are there no low level players left?

Unless it's different on current gen you can own two good assault rifles and sniper rifle the second you have enough money for them since the Special Carbide, Bullpop Rifle and Marksman Rifle and any gun they've added since release is available from the start. Level 21 as already stated is probably a good point to start doing them since you have sticky bombs and bullet proof tires open to you at that point.

CarbonFire, myself, and a couple of friends had a fun session last night. Kamikaze car bombs, bikini clad drug runs, and insurance claims.

I will be on for most of the day from around 1pm central time US if anyone wants to run jobs, do a heist, or just goof off. My character is a lower 20s level so I have all of the necessary equipment. I'm a pretty ok shot in free aim, too.

CarbonFire, myself, and a couple of friends had a fun session last night. Kamikaze car bombs, bikini clad drug runs, and insurance claims.

I will be on for most of the day from around 1pm central time US if anyone wants to run jobs, do a heist, or just goof off. My character is a lower 20s level so I have all of the necessary equipment. I'm a pretty ok shot in free aim, too.

Finished what I needed to earlier than expected. I'm online now.

PS4 ver. PSN: Randy_M_Green

I keep getting this issue where I can't shoot from vehicles in GTA:eek:.. it is ruining the game for me, any solid fixes for this?

Edit: All I know for sure is that doing an online race fixes this issue when you return to the regular game. Until then, there is nothing you can do to clear it, even restarting the game.
Yeah, I posted about this on the previous page:
In case anyone else finds themself in a similar situation (unable to fire from vehicles in GTAO), I just wanted to let you know that Jason's suggestion worked: I went into a GTA Race on my own, waited for the "Weapons Enabled" text, fired out of the car, and then quit the race. Voila, I can shoot out of vehicles again. Some people have reported that the bug can recur every session and they have to do the race trick every time, but I've also heard that bringing up Snapmatic on the in-game phone and then closing can also fix the issue instantly, so I'll try that if the problem recurs.
I can confirm that the Snapmatic trick works and is definitely the best way to deal with this bug until Rockstar fix it.

Guys, I beat it... I beat the last Heist on the Xbox 360.

Oddly enough, with random people and they didn't die this time.

I did the safe strat and picked up my Insurgent right after I hopped onto the Bike. An other player did the same and we took the West Highway route. This vehicle is really good, cause police can't do anything.
Can you explain the Insurgent strategy in more detail? It sounds like a winner.

New episode of our GTA series is up: Go Fast & Get Furious - a compilation of some intense races complete with an explosive intro thanks to BigBoss' unfortunate demise at the beginning of downtown loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOEkpWLGrZs

Also, I don't have the link on me now but my buddy Ray also have a video where he faces off against Patriot_Infinity who plays dirty several times while Ray stays clean, and Patriot fails to win the race :p

Will be on later today if anyone is game!

Can you explain the Insurgent strategy in more detail? It sounds like a winner.

It's been brought up multiple times over the last few pages, several times by me. =\

Basically after you leave the bank on the Lectro you go to your garage, which ever one has the vehicle you want to use and use it. You can also go straight to the boat, you don't have to do the way point BS, it's also a good idea to just let one person collect the money since you should have plenty of times and that reduces your chance of losing money by 50% plus gives you an extra defender who doesn't have to worry about it, best for that person to be the one who then goes to their garage and gets a car for protection. Taking the west highway is the shortest/fastest route. Ideally your heist members would take that route and you should be able to pick them up once you're outside the city.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
What's the deal with other players and their cars being nearly completely invisible?

Top Bottom