• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Symphonia

Banned
Duffle bags are now showing up in freeroam.

There are two: Black one which I acquired randomly after a heist; and green which is incredibly easy to obtain by equipping a parachute and visiting a barbershop. I can post the details if anyone is interested.
Show me the way, sensei.

GQman2121

Banned
So like I mentioned the black bag is random. I got during the final bank heist when someone exited out during the outfit selection. When I spawned back into freeroam it was just there. I searched and it seems others have also received it randomly from other heists as well. The plane setup seems to be popular.

Anyway, the green bag has a method and it's super easy.

1. Go to a clothing store and purchase--or equip from the touch menu if you already own--an outfit from the counter. The Heist Rebel or Business outfits I can confirm work for this.

2. Go to Ammunations and purchase a parachute and then buy the Israeli style bag.

3. From the touch menu select Parachute>On>Israel Chute Bag. So now you're in your outfit and wearing the Israeli chute.

4. Head to either your apartment or clothing store to save this outfit in one of your ten available slots. The idea here is that you want the chute to now be attached this is outfit.

5. Go to a barbershop. When you go and sit down you should be in your outfit and chute. The chute will disappear once you're seated.

6. Pay for a haircut and then press right on the dpad to exit. The bag should appear and replace the chute as soon as you rise out of the chair.

Immediately go and save at the closest store or apartment.

So now you have the duffle bag, but it's not exactly on the outfit you want to wear with it. Not a problem.

1. Put on the outfit you want to wear with the duffle bag and again save it with the Israel chute at your apartment or clothing store.

2. With that outfit save, from the touch menu or closet, return to the saved outfit that has the bag attached.

3. Go find a chopper or plane and take off. I like the chopper location in La Puerta for this.

4. Gain enough altitude so that you can jump out and change outfits from the touch menu during your free fall. The idea here is that you're replacing the Israeli chute that is saved on your outfit with the bag from the outfit you're jumping from the aircraft wearing.

So you want to press triangle to exit the aircraft and then immediately switch to the outfit that you want the duffle to be on.

Pull your chute and make sure you stick the landing. When you're on the ground the character will take off the chute bag and the duffle will appear.

Save and you have the duffle bag on your outfit of choice.

Here's what it looks like:

jZJWmZ4.jpg

habGHbt.jpg

Wow, the part where you
escape on the bikes
during the final heist was one of the most hilarious and frustrating missions I've done in a long while. Me and my team must have restarted it no less than 30 times. We had a laugh, but it got to a point were we just wanted to get it done, but the police are so fucking unrelenting.

And I guess it didn't help that two of my friends were constantly using sticky bombs on the cops, lol.

6. Pay for a haircut and then press right on the dpad to exit. The bag should appear and replace the chute as soon as you rise out of the chair. :

Can't do this part. Am I being dumb? You can't press right on the dpad to exit, and pressing circle doesn't make the chute change into the bag.

Edit: Manged to make it work, just had to change my top to a t-shirt.

waypoetic

Banned
We had a laugh, but it got to a point were we just wanted to get it done, but the police are so fucking unrelenting.

It's not the cops that are fucking infuriating, it's the AI. Everytime you do a mission or a race they go crazy; running reds, glitching the fuck out and whatever they can to get in your way.

I love this game but i HATE the AI.

Are there a good number of people playing this on PS4?
Thinking of picking it up Thursday.

Skipped it as I was so let down with 4 and 5 looked like more of the same, now after seeing Furious 7 im in the mood for something like this.

Noob question, how do you play free roam with other randoms?
Just launch GTA online. Regular load up is open lobby / free roam. No people? You can wait or use online menu to join another random server.

Anyone down for some GTA on PS4? Me and a couple buddies are planning to do some drunk offroading. Now, I don't drink in real life, and what I actually mean is get the characters to drink pisswasser during car select / betting screen and do offroad races :D

Wow, the part where you
escape on the bikes
during the final heist was one of the most hilarious and frustrating missions I've done in a long while. Me and my team must have restarted it no less than 30 times. We had a laugh, but it got to a point were we just wanted to get it done, but the police are so fucking unrelenting.

And I guess it didn't help that two of my friends were constantly using sticky bombs on the cops, lol.

Yeah, I guess some might want to play it as intended but it's a lot easier to have one person take all the money and then protect them as you go to the bikes and then after getting to the bikes have the money carrier drive off to their garage and get a car/truck, preferably the Armored Kuruma if they have it and they along with the other people meet up outside the city and get into the car and just drive to the boat. It didn't go perfectly the Saturday night but I did it and we finished with very little time to spare on the second try could've done a bit better on the money side but still only lost around 92K I think.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Are the PS4 servers messed up or something? I can't connect to any sessions that have more people than just me in them.

GQman2121

Banned
Are the PS4 servers messed up or something? I can't connect to any sessions that have more people than just me in them.

Are you jumping online after having the game in suspend mode?

If yes, don't do that. Close the game from the quick menu and relaunch. It should correct itself.

If no, I have no idea.

Just launch GTA online. Regular load up is open lobby / free roam. No people? You can wait or use online menu to join another random server.

Anyone down for some GTA on PS4? Me and a couple buddies are planning to do some drunk offroading. Now, I don't drink in real life, and what I actually mean is get the characters to drink pisswasser during car select / betting screen and do offroad races :D

I couldn't play last night but I'll be available after work tonight in a couple of hours.

So before launch Rockstar talked frequently about expanding GTA Online. They even hinted multiple times that Liberty city would be added.

We're just going to add on new things to it, new places all the time. We've set this up so there are no limitations," he said. "The only limitation is the size of the disc and how much memory we've got. We could, if we wanted, simulate the entire world, different countries, whatever. Whether we do that or not... But we've got a bunch of old stuff that we're toying with using.

The goal, Benzies said, is "to create an entire Grand Theft Auto world that consists of everything we've done or are going to do then let the player freely move between them.

DJ Whoo Kid also talked about being in the next GTA set in new york.

Whoo Kid said:
What video games were you in?

I was in Call Of Duty and I was in some Grand Theft Auto games. I'm bout to be in the new Grand Theft Auto that takes place in New York again

Source

I wonder if this has any real basis.

I could see the the first major expansion GTA:O gets being Liberty City. 1/2 Heists, 1/2 New Radio Stations. The layout and models from GTA4 are fine really some new textures and the GTA5 lighting engine could do wonders for the game.

Rembrandt

Banned
Is the XB1 crew still active?

Looking for some people to do heists with. My gamertag is in my profile and I'm part of the GAF crew

Pennybags

Is the XB1 crew still active?

Looking for some people to do heists with. My gamertag is in my profile and I'm part of the GAF crew

I've been playing frequently but slowing down a bit now that I've done each heist several times over. I have you on my friends list. Feel free to invite me if I'm online.

Rembrandt

Banned
I've been playing frequently but slowing down a bit now that I've done each heist several times over. I have you on my friends list. Feel free to invite me if I'm online.

I just checked and totally forgot I was in the crew, lol. Were the heists worth the wait? I'll definitely shoot an invite your way.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Are you jumping online after having the game in suspend mode?

If yes, don't do that. Close the game from the quick menu and relaunch. It should correct itself.

If no, I have no idea.
That's what it was. Thanks. That's really stupid.

How do I take bull shark testosterone? It's one of my daily challenges. When I call Brucie, I lose my $500 but it doesn't seem like anything happens and I don't get credit for having done it.

I'm available for heists on PS4 tonight if anyone needs a helper.

So before launch Rockstar talked frequently about expanding GTA Online. They even hinted multiple times that Liberty city would be added.

Source

I could see the the first major expansion GTA:O gets being Liberty City. 1/2 Heists, 1/2 New Radio Stations. The layout and models from GTA4 are fine really some new textures and the GTA5 lighting engine could do wonders for the game.

Yeah, this basically went nowhere.

Frankly, I'd wish they spent some time implementing a proper matchmaking system before expanding anywhere else.

I'm currently experiencing a really weird bug where I can't shoot out of vehicles in GTAO, I can't even get an aiming reticle. It only started 3 days ago (was fine before that) but doesn't look like fixing itself any time soon.

Any suggestions? It still works fine in SP.

I'm currently experiencing a really weird bug where I can't shoot out of vehicles in GTAO, I can't even get an aiming reticle. It only started 3 days ago (was fine before that) but doesn't look like fixing itself any time soon.

Any suggestions? It still works fine in SP.
I heard something about that before and I think it was resolved by doing a GTA Race or mission mode like that.

That's what it was. Thanks. That's really stupid.

How do I take bull shark testosterone? It's one of my daily challenges. When I call Brucie, I lose my $500 but it doesn't seem like anything happens and I don't get credit for having done it.

I'm available for heists on PS4 tonight if anyone needs a helper.

There should be a pill icon on the mini-map somewhere in your vicinity.

Source

Yeah, I don't know if they're going to actually follow through with it but I wouldn't expect any major expansion until a new GTA game comes out.

SiteSeer

Source

they're not even done with the west coast, i mean, where's san fiero and las venturas? need next gen versions of that, liberty city like you said is just a skin job. we need the rest of san andreas damnit. lol

Are they planning DLC?

It's been so long after launch I can't think they would at this point.

Although given how long it's taken for the heists to come out I guess it's still possible.

dedhead54

To people who have played, and completed, all heists:

Which was your favorite? I am a little LTTP and am just now about to do the finale of the Humane Labs heist, and I feel like the setups so far for this one have been the best. I am hoping the heist finale mission is epic because I have had a blast so far.

Ted

Does anyone know, if you can access your garage during the Pacific Standard Heist Finale? Has anyone tried that?

You can but no one can join you as a passenger until you are out of the city (quite where "out of the city" starts isn't entirely clear).

When I did it with a crew from here,
the two money carriers went to their garage and (in my case) left the city up the western highway heading north straight to the boat. The others took the bikes and met the money carriers at the boat. This avoids having the whole group running together (where lag may cause crashes caused by odd NPC vehicle spawning/behavior) and having to co-ordinate a stop to meet up and all get in one/two vehicles under fire (except at the boat if everyone doesn't arrive quite together)

The same or similar techniques have also worked for a couple of random groups I have joined for this final heist.

Theoretically your group could
give one person (the one with the closest garage!) the role of collecting ALL the money (not sure if there is a limit to the amount that can go in one bag), watch their back and tell them to stay between your other heist crew, firing only when and where necessary, as you make you way to the bikes and then let them get an Insurgent or the like from their garage. Have one bike run with them and as soon as they are out of city limits get on board and let the owner be passenger so they can just hold R1/X to duck all of the rest of the way. Meet up by the boat,
head into the sunset.

Should come out with the vast majority of the takings that way.

Good luck with it Akai.

To people who have played, and completed, all heists:

Which was your favorite? I am a little LTTP and am just now about to do the finale of the Humane Labs heist, and I feel like the setups so far for this one have been the best. I am hoping the heist finale mission is epic because I have had a blast so far.

For me, all of them have good and bad set-up missions but I think the Human Lab probably had the most highlights (there are some other great set-up missions later though). The heist itself for this one is (very mild spoilers, no specifics)
great if you are doing one of the roles that involve going into the lab but less great (but still fun) if you have one of the protection roles

In terms of actual heists, I *think* I probably like the Prison Break the most currently as there is such a variety of roles but I have enjoyed them all so maybe that will change as I play more of each.

dedhead54

For me, all of them have good and bad set-up missions but I think the Human Lab probably had the most highlights (there are some other great set-up missions later though). The heist itself for this one is (very mild spoilers, no specifics)
great if you are doing one of the roles that involve going into the lab but less great (but still fun) if you have one of the protection roles

In terms of actual heists, I *think* I probably like the Prison Break the most currently as there is such a variety of roles but I have enjoyed them all so maybe that will change as I play more of each.

Interesting. I have only done that one as the pilot and as the demo/heli pilot. I will have to give it a go as the prisoner or prison guard.

Akai__

You can but no one can join you as a passenger until you are out of the city (quite where "out of the city" starts isn't entirely clear).

the two money carriers went to their garage and (in my case) left the city up the western highway heading north straight to the boat. The others took the bikes and met the money carriers at the boat. This avoids having the whole group running together (where lag may cause crashes caused by odd NPC vehicle spawning/behavior) and having to co-ordinate a stop to meet up and all get in one/two vehicles under fire (except at the boat if everyone doesn't arrive quite together)

The same or similar techniques have also worked for a couple of random groups I have joined for this final heist.

give one person (the one with the closest garage!) the role of collecting ALL the money (not sure if there is a limit to the amount that can go in one bag), watch their back and tell them to stay between your other heist crew, firing only when and where necessary, as you make you way to the bikes and then let them get an Insurgent or the like from their garage. Have one bike run with them and as soon as they are out of city limits get on board and let the owner be passenger so they can just hold R1/X to duck all of the rest of the way. Meet up by the boat,
head into the sunset.

Good luck with it Akai.

Sounds good enough. Appreciate your response and thanks. :)

waypoetic

Banned
Been awhile since the last DLC pack. I expected something to drop on Valentines Day in february but... nope! Maybe they pushed all that stuff because of the Heist update. Or i atelast hope so.

dh4niel

Just had an 294Mb update for Xbone GTA V. Is this the equivalent of the PS4 patch that fixed the problems from the other patch?

head into the sunset.

Good luck with it Akai.

That's what we did basically though no one wanted to ride with me...

chibbus

Neo Member
Has anyone seen those custom Deathmatch games that say 10000rp, $1000000. Where you have to climb up high to get guns?

Does it work? Is it a glitch?

It's a BS trap; The map creator has set up their creation so that all players start unarmed and they are the only ones who know the route to collect any guns. Avoid at all costs. Report if you get drawn into one.

I heard something about that before and I think it was resolved by doing a GTA Race or mission mode like that.
Thanks Jason! I'll try doing different mission types tonight and see how it goes.
In case anyone else finds themself in a similar situation (unable to fire from vehicles in GTAO), I just wanted to let you know that Jason's suggestion worked: I went into a GTA Race on my own, waited for the "Weapons Enabled" text, fired out of the car, and then quit the race. Voila, I can shoot out of vehicles again. Some people have reported that the bug can recur every session and they have to do the race trick every time, but I've also heard that bringing up Snapmatic on the in-game phone and then closing can also fix the issue instantly, so I'll try that if the problem recurs.

It's a BS trap; The map creator has set up their creation so that all players start unarmed and they are the only ones who know the route to collect any guns. Avoid at all costs. Report if you get drawn into one.

It did seem ridiculous.

The one guy who did get up then spent the next 10 minutes being able to mow people down from behind a fence untouched.

Ted

Xbox tells me my NAT is open but I still have trouble connecting to lobbies.

Fuck this and everything

I doubt I can help but I know what it's like to have issues when others seem to be getting in fine so I wanted to at least respond!

When you say trouble connecting to lobbies, what happens? Is this ongoing or has it started since a recent patch?

I'm sure you have but if not, have a read through the variety of options below:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200525767

Good luck Tawpgun.

Or, even better, Rocketers Vs Stunters.

Got to be honest, it was fun for a bit but ultimately standing on a limited crate platform or driving up and down the airfield punctuated by a brief jump got old quicker than I expected given I like driving, like crashing and like blowing shit up.

Clearly I don't like being hemmed in.

Symphonia

Banned
Got to be honest, it was fun for a bit but ultimately standing on a limited crate platform or driving up and down the airfield punctuated by a brief jump got old quicker than I expected given I like driving, like crashing and like blowing shit up.

Clearly I don't like being hemmed in.
You're just getting old, Teddy :p

oldmanyellsatclouds.jpg

Top Bottom