• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

It's been brought up multiple times over the last few pages, several times by me. =

Basically after you leave the bank on the Lectro you go to your garage, which ever one has the vehicle you want to use and use it. You can also go straight to the boat, you don't have to do the way point BS, it's also a good idea to just let one person collect the money since you should have plenty of times and that reduces your chance of losing money by 50% plus gives you an extra defender who doesn't have to worry about it, best for that person to be the one who then goes to their garage and gets a car for protection. Taking the west highway is the shortest/fastest route. Ideally your heist members would take that route and you should be able to pick them up once you're outside the city.
Cheers. Which vehicle out of the Insurgent and the armoured Kuruma (or any other) is better for this approach?

What's the deal with other players and their cars being nearly completely invisible?
They're in passive mode, meaning you can't shoot them and they can't shoot you.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Cheers. Which vehicle out of the Insurgent and the armoured Kuruma (or any other) is better for this approach?

They're in passive mode, meaning you can't shoot them and they can't shoot you.

Wow, didn't know that's what passive mode does. I about the shooting but didn't realize it did that too.

Wow, didn't know that's what passive mode does. I about the shooting but didn't realize it did that too.
I don't think it worked like that initially, and griefers could run you over repeatedly (which passive mode offered no protection against) to kill you, even if you were in passive mode. I assume the 'ghost mode' version was brought it to stop that.

I don't think it worked like that initially, and griefers could run you over repeatedly (which passive mode offered no protection against) to kill you, even if you were in passive mode. I assume the 'ghost mode' version was brought it to stop that.
Indeed, although sometimes griefers can glitch this system to enable themselves a vehicle that is in passive mode while still able to fire weapons. Also, even if you're in passive mode the NPC cars and police can still affect you, which means if someone messes with you and then goes into passive immediately after, you can blow up an NPC car near them :)

Eklipsis

I ended up getting the Adder anyway ever since I saw the real life Adder (Bugati) in Chicago I've loved it. I already have the Turismo and really dislike the looks of the Entity.

Eklipsis

What's everyone's opinon on motorcycles in the game? I have the double t and really like the looks but feels pretty slow. I don't have all my mods unlocked yet cause of my low lvl mostly but I have turbo and half the engine mods

New episode of our GTA series is up: Go Fast & Get Furious - a compilation of some intense races complete with an explosive intro thanks to BigBoss' unfortunate demise at the beginning of downtown loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOEkpWLGrZs

Also, I don't have the link on me now but my buddy Ray also have a video where he faces off against Patriot_Infinity who plays dirty several times while Ray stays clean, and Patriot fails to win the race :p

Will be on later today if anyone is game!
Haha, holy christ I wish I could have taken part.

Haha, holy christ I wish I could have taken part.
Worry not, for there will always be more GTA! In fact, I'm working on a shorty right now that begins with Ray basically winning a race that he started drunk (drinking Pisswasser during car select / betting screens non stop achieves this) and I was hoping to do some drunken offroad racing for the second-half of the vid :D

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Accidentally accept invite to final heist mission
Am on the ground team
Pilot complains that he cant fly and guy in charge switches us
Be pilot
Level 29, flown like 3 times online
Get into helicopter
Fly like 6 feet into the air and somehow lose control
Fly into agent standing on ground
Kill agent
Mission Fail
Had to quit because I couldn't stop laughing

eFKac

God damn pretty pissed right now.
After a long tedious grind finally got to lvl 100, only for it to glitch on me...
At first the game just didn't acknowlegde the level up.
The rank 100 popped, but I couldn't buy any upgrades that unlock at 100.
After I restarted the game the upgrades and guns unlocked but the trophy didn't pop up.
Hopefully it does at 101, but I have my doubts. Fucking game...

Anyone had a similar problem?

What's everyone's opinon on motorcycles in the game? I have the double t and really like the looks but feels pretty slow. I don't have all my mods unlocked yet cause of my low lvl mostly but I have turbo and half the engine mods

If you want the best bike in terms of overall performance it comes down to either the Bati or Akuma. My main has an Akuma and my alt a Bati, personally I like the Akuma though it can't wheelie for shit.

ninanuam

Banned
Hey, whoever is in charge of the PC crew, could they be so kind as to add me?

I put through a request, name is ninnanuam

steam ID is n1nn4nu4m

Ted

God damn pretty pissed right now.
After a long tedious grind finally got to lvl 100, only for it to glitch on me...
At first the game just didn't acknowlegde the level up.
The rank 100 popped, but I couldn't buy any upgrades that unlock at 100.
After I restarted the game the upgrades and guns unlocked but the trophy didn't pop up.
Hopefully it does at 101, but I have my doubts. Fucking game...

Anyone had a similar problem?

That sucks eFKac, I personally haven't had problems with these but have had issues with a couple of the heist trophies (most notably the take no damage one, unless pilot in the prison break doesn't count for some reason). Fingers crossed it pops for you at 101 mate.

Hey, whoever is in charge of the PC crew, could they be so kind as to add me?

I put through a request, name is ninnanuam

steam ID is n1nn4nu4m

Hi ninnanuam, you'll probably be better off asking in the PC OT. There's currently only one but I assume if required a GTA:O PC OT will be created. See below for links to all current GTAV related OTs:

Ted said:
Please note this OT is concerned with the console versions of GTA Online, for more general GTA V discussion please visit the GTA V Next/New Generation OT - GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em.

Also available, for the budding snapmatic photographer, is the GTA V (Next-Gen) Snapmatic / Photo thread.

The PC version OT (modded to include superior graphics and additional content) is available here, GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition. No GTAO PC specific thread has yet been created.

Tawpgun

Still can't enjoy the game I loved on the 360 (and for a bit the One)

Game refuses to load me into populated lobbies. Or times out trying to load in. Tough to even get a race or something going.

Xbone says my NAT is open. I ran a bunch of full BTB games on MCC Yesterday. But giving me a lobby with more than 3 people is impossible.

Striker

I completed the Daily Objectives Award for 28 days in a row. Now $500,000 more rich! One of the last ones I had to do was Stunt Jump which only counts if you've never done it before in the world, which is silly.

Still can't enjoy the game I loved on the 360 (and for a bit the One)

Game refuses to load me into populated lobbies. Or times out trying to load in. Tough to even get a race or something going.

Xbone says my NAT is open. I ran a bunch of full BTB games on MCC Yesterday. But giving me a lobby with more than 3 people is impossible.

Random question but do you have free aim turned on in single player? This is absurd, but in GTA Online it just takes your single player settings and puts you into a lobby with other like-controlled players... And there are far, far fewer playing with free aim. I was in games with barely more than 2 or 3 people for weeks until I accidentally turned off free aim when I joined a game with my crew member, which was an auto-aim game, and the game prompted me to change my settings... And then since then it's usually pretty fully (at least 10 at almost any hour of the day, as much as 30 though those games are rare as people always connect and disconnect)

Hopefully this helps

I completed the Daily Objectives Award for 28 days in a row. Now $500,000 more rich! One of the last ones I had to do was Stunt Jump which only counts if you've never done it before in the world, which is silly.

Wow, that's awesome! I like the Daily Objectives but mine are kind of glitched and I dont' get new ones every day. I thought there were bonuses for doing 7 straight days, is that true?

Striker

Wow, that's awesome! I like the Daily Objectives but mine are kind of glitched and I dont' get new ones every day. I thought there were bonuses for doing 7 straight days, is that true?
7 days is $100,000 plus RP. For the month, I did get a lot of RP for it, probably 50,000.

Mine glitched early so I didn't do it for two days at all, but I went back on the next day and they were running as usual. I guess when it bugs like that you're okay as long as they're checked when you sign on that day.

Mistel

Banned
So the cypress hills death match thing is optional right?
When I did it I just quit out and it finished, it never got passed me in the lobby anyway, way back towards when online first game out. But it's a bit iffy and it might give you a "you've not completed the tutorial" message at some point when you attempt to join friends. In that case you'd probably want to do it.

Ken

When I did it I just quit out and it finished, it never got passed me in the lobby anyway, way back towards when online first game out. But it's a bit iffy and it might give you a "you've not completed the tutorial" message at some point when you attempt to join friends. In that case you'd probably want to do it.

Huh. Guess I have to go look for it again.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
I'll be available most of the day on Saturday.

I have some life stuff coming up after this weekend and I probably won't be gaming much for several weeks after. I'd like to go out with a bang.

Sounds good! I got your invite. Yeah, I'm looking to bang out the heist effectively and efficiently.

Sounds good! I got your invite. Yeah, I'm looking to bang out the heist effectively and efficiently.

Hell yeah. Let's go.

aebJEuP.jpg

What's considered the best way to make money at the moment, outside of the daily objectives? I'm assuming it's grinding a particular heist: does one offer a better payoff per time invested than the others?

Trouble

Banned
I picked up the game for PS4 for a replay (played it on PS3) and online is basically useless for me. Never been in a session with more than one other player. Every time I try to join anything I get 'unable to connect to game session'.

Is there some trick I'm missing to making this playable? I have absolutely zero problems playing other online games on my PS4.

I picked up the game for PS4 for a replay (played it on PS3) and online is basically useless for me. Never been in a session with more than one other player. Every time I try to join anything I get 'unable to connect to game session'.

Is there some trick I'm missing to making this playable? I have absolutely zero problems playing other online games on my PS4.
Do you have your PS4 in your router's DMZ? If not, what happens when you put your PS4 in your router's DMZ? Does it resolve your connection issues?

Trouble

Banned
Do you have your PS4 in your router's DMZ? If not, what happens when you put your PS4 in your router's DMZ? Does it resolve your connection issues?

My router doesn't really have a DMZ setting, I run OpenWRT. The PS4 shows as NAT type 2 and I see some port forwards in the router's UPnP table for it. Like I said, though, no other games have connection issues for me, just GTA online.

I have gotten into two races successfully (of probably 50 or so attempts at joining races and other activities).

I did just notice that my PS4's clock was off by about 20 minutes. At some point the auto-update from the internet for the time got unset, maybe by an update. Gonna test if that helped at all now.

Edit: Hot Damn! The clock was the issue apparently. Hopped into a session with a ton of people.

So....have I just been living under a rock....or did the Social Club website just get a mobile enhancement?

o.o

Edit: Must've been PC release related. Mainly cause of the editor vidyas :D

Doubles Edits: What an upgrade. Holy cow. This is leagues better than before, in many ways. Thank you R*!

I finally platinum'd GTA V, only took around 19 months thanks to annoying online trophies that until Jason helped me with them I couldn't get. Would've gotten it a month sooner when I got the three online trophies I was missing if I spent more time getting the remaining gold medals for the 70 gold medals trophy but I saved it for last.

dedhead54

Completed the series A funding heist last night. Was it just me or was the finale significantly simpler/easier than the other heists (besides Fleeca Job)? I was surprised when it ended, kind of thought "that's it?"

That's not to say I didn't have fun with it, though. They've all honestly been extremely fun to me. I will definitely be playing through them all again.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Bought 1 GTA from Flubit, but supplier pissed about and said I could cancel. So bought a one off of Ebay, no Flubit supplier says they shipped it and cannot cancel. For fucks sake.
LLShC.gif

waypoetic

Banned
Did anyone experience problems with joining, launching jobs/heists/races/whatever yesterday? Me and the guys (tony, dire, ted) got kicked each time we tried to launch a heist job.

Marvie_3

Banned
Completed the series A funding heist last night. Was it just me or was the finale significantly simpler/easier than the other heists (besides Fleeca Job)? I was surprised when it ended, kind of thought "that's it?"

That's not to say I didn't have fun with it, though. They've all honestly been extremely fun to me. I will definitely be playing through them all again.

I thought that too. I thought there would be way more to do in that finale but it was over in no time.

Top Bottom